Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PMP track days

Chocolate Thunder

Re: PMP track days

No, I am not working with them, myself and 2 others have been asking questions and we received these emails back. I have been following and going to meetings and City Council back in the day. I do agree that Faasst was witch hunted out and I didnt want to see what I say happening which was drag racing only. I went to city council again and brought this to their attention. I have been trying my hardest and so have the other two with showing interest and telling and asking them what we want or would like. This has been hard, and it would have been easier if others spoke up as well. But we did it, it is a small step and if we show more interest then who is to say they wont add more days with longer hours. But we have to ask, show interest and prove we want it by going. I only started track last year, but I truly enjoy it more than the street and it is something I want...all you have to say is YOUGOTTAWANNA. Thank you

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Quote Originally Posted by Drama2 View Post
    No, I am not working with them, myself and 2 others have been asking questions and we received these emails back. I have been following and going to meetings and City Council back in the day. I do agree that Faasst was witch hunted out and I didnt want to see what I say happening which was drag racing only. I went to city council again and brought this to their attention. I have been trying my hardest and so have the other two with showing interest and telling and asking them what we want or would like. This has been hard, and it would have been easier if others spoke up as well. But we did it, it is a small step and if we show more interest then who is to say they wont add more days with longer hours. But we have to ask, show interest and prove we want it by going. I only started track last year, but I truly enjoy it more than the street and it is something I want...all you have to say is YOUGOTTAWANNA. Thank you
    Yeah my bad, didn't catch the "email you received from them" part. Read it too fast on my phone. You have my appreciation though for at least sending your concerns to those involved with running the track. I don't do the Facebook thing, and unfortunately in this day and age it's the only means of communicating in some arenas. You're right it is a small step and hopefully the seed will be planted.

I'm with you, I quit riding street back in 2013 and have been only doing track days since. I couldn't care less to ever ride street again.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

There will be ambulances....

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

TBK -

I certainly respect your opinion and disagreement, but consider it from a slightly different perspective.

I turn a wrench pretty well - so let's say I find a beat up old car that I want to restore. I know what I'm doing, but also have some degree of resource constraint (money or time) as all businesses do.

In my restoration project I don't tear the whole thing apart buy new parts for everything and put it all back together in a week - that blows my resource constraints out of the water, so I prioritize my work. I make sure that the engine, transmission, brakes and tires are good so that I can drive the thing around some. Then I pay attention to the shocks, wipers and so forth and finish by doing the paint and upholstery. This is something that takes time and energy to do and I'm going to play either to my strengths (the things I know how to do well) first or the most important things first.

In the case of PMP it looks to me like those two things coincide for the group that took over. 1) The RFP from the city had a MANDATORY number of drag racing events as a part of the requirements. The group that took over is comprised primarily of drag racers, so they both identified the most important thing (as dictated by the city) and played to their strength.

It looks like in the past 24 hours they've posted some open lapping days as well, so they are hearing us and making changes to serve the community as a whole. I'm just suggesting that a little patience goes a long way in situations like these.

As far as volunteering - I don't think that has to be some grand effort, but if they ask you for your opinion, or how you can make it better, then offer that knowledge to them. It's really that simple.

The real problem here is numbers. We are a small percentage (track riders) of a small percentage (road motorcyclists) of a small percentage (motorcycle owners) of the general population. We have to cooperate with the organizations that are trying to serve us if we want this to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Rybo, there's not a whole lot I've ever disagreed with you on. However, this I must disagree.

Here's why:

My biggest issue is not so much with the company that took over the track. But the way they are doing it. I can't think of one successful and flourishing business that would decided to take over another business endeavor and not have a plan of implementation to take full effect the moment they obtain control of the park. This isn't one of those cases where you can just "make it up" as you go along. There should have been a complete business plan in place and a plan of implementation.

What I think is happening is that they are getting enough feedback from road racers and now they are having to back peddle and look more into actually running the road course. When I saw who won the contract, I knew exactly what was going to happen. Drag Strip would be #1 always, and the road course somewhere between #2 and #10 depending on their mood for the day.

I myself am not mad, nor am I opposed to the company. I understand that running a racetrack is very tough and very hard on those who are trying to run it. Yet, that's what they signed up for, they wanted to run it and just because it's hard doesn't mean we have to take it easy on them. I also wasn't born last night and I know exactly how they are going to treat the road course if they get their way. I also know that the road course wasn't a blip on their radar until they started hearing from people who like the road course.

And I don't think anyone here(least not how I read others comments) was implying anyone was demanding service. Also, I have to disagree with calling them up and asking what I can do to help. Other than paying for my track fees(which I'll gladly do, always), can't really see as there is much to offer. Again, if these same people were willing to lobby to get the former track management removed, then I don't think they need my help in running their new business, because they got what they asked for in my opinion.

As far as volunteering to help, yeah I don't do that. I can't see volunteering my time to help someone who's supposed to know what they are doing. It may come across as selfish or self-serving but time is money to someone like myself. Unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow much free time to get down there, as now it seems that all open track days will be on Friday, and that I'll have to schedule in with work.

Lastly, I'm not venting at you or anyone per se. What I am irritated with and more or less disappointed at, is the fact that the old track manager was basically run out via a witch hunt(and that's another story altogether for another time). I guess I expected this much more professional company to have taken over and have this up and running 100 times better than they former track management company that was so much complained about. I would leave the follow phrase for the company in charge....

“Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part”.

Nope, I am not done...
    On our schedule I have open lapping motorcycles on May 13th from 9 am to 3 pm, June 3rd from 9 am to 3 pm, June 24th from 9-3, July 15th from 9-3, July 29th from 9-3, August 12th from 9-3, and Sept. 22nd from 9-3. That is what I have on the schedule. Sorry it is not up on the website.

Thank you Greg Law for hearing and helping us out.
    Not cool, now I won't get to ride down there at all outside of MRA. Say what you will about Judy, but getting nearly private track time on the weekend was awesome.

Chocolate Thunder

Update to PMP Registration for Track days/Open Lapping

OPEN LAPPING. Please be patient as we are working on the final phases. We will be using www.motorsportreg.com to register for the open lapping events. Our Event Coordinator is working with them to get the site up and running for PMP.

Thank you for your patience.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    TBK -

I certainly respect your opinion and disagreement, but consider it from a slightly different perspective.

I turn a wrench pretty well - so let's say I find a beat up old car that I want to restore. I know what I'm doing, but also have some degree of resource constraint (money or time) as all businesses do.

In my restoration project I don't tear the whole thing apart buy new parts for everything and put it all back together in a week - that blows my resource constraints out of the water, so I prioritize my work. I make sure that the engine, transmission, brakes and tires are good so that I can drive the thing around some. Then I pay attention to the shocks, wipers and so forth and finish by doing the paint and upholstery. This is something that takes time and energy to do and I'm going to play either to my strengths (the things I know how to do well) first or the most important things first.

In the case of PMP it looks to me like those two things coincide for the group that took over. 1) The RFP from the city had a MANDATORY number of drag racing events as a part of the requirements. The group that took over is comprised primarily of drag racers, so they both identified the most important thing (as dictated by the city) and played to their strength.

It looks like in the past 24 hours they've posted some open lapping days as well, so they are hearing us and making changes to serve the community as a whole. I'm just suggesting that a little patience goes a long way in situations like these.

As far as volunteering - I don't think that has to be some grand effort, but if they ask you for your opinion, or how you can make it better, then offer that knowledge to them. It's really that simple.

The real problem here is numbers. We are a small percentage (track riders) of a small percentage (road motorcyclists) of a small percentage (motorcycle owners) of the general population. We have to cooperate with the organizations that are trying to serve us if we want this to be successful.
    The RFP required a mandatory # of drag racing AND road course events (both). A review of previous balance sheets showed the road course was more profitable than drag racing operations(at least in the last couple years IIRC). The Financials for past operation were provided to anyone as part of the RFP process. The city did not have a bias or dictate drag racing vs road course operation in the RFP when I read it.

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by RPMWFO View Post
    The RFP required a mandatory # of drag racing AND road course events (both). A review of previous balance sheets showed the road course was more profitable than drag racing operations(at least in the last couple years IIRC). The Financials for past operation were provided to anyone as part of the RFP process. The city did not have a bias or dictate drag racing vs road course operation in the RFP when I read it.
    A point well taken.

My main point was that the team taking control was playing to their strengths. Also that they really just got control of the property and from what I know of how they are working with the MRA - they are taking roadracing into consideration pretty strongly.

I've been fighting similar battles over here in Utah with the sale of the Miller Motorsports Park. We had a very sketchy period where a judge invalidated a sale and the county had to take alternate action to assure that the facility remained open. It put our racing season at risk and I had to become a bit of a political activist to assure that we still had a racetrack. As a result I've become well versed it what it takes to make an organization that tries to operate a racetrack run.

Give these folks a chance. Attend some of the events. In the end how we speak with our dollars is way more important than how we talk on a forum.

Chocolate Thunder

I agree, that is why I am posting everywhere, the more dollars that show up the more they will invite. So with this all said, guys /gals I am asking you to speak, ask and communicate with them. They opened up track days, yes ai know it is mostly Friday but they heard and that is a small step.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    A point well taken.

My main point was that the team taking control was playing to their strengths. Also that they really just got control of the property and from what I know of how they are working with the MRA - they are taking roadracing into consideration pretty strongly.

I've been fighting similar battles over here in Utah with the sale of the Miller Motorsports Park. We had a very sketchy period where a judge invalidated a sale and the county had to take alternate action to assure that the facility remained open. It put our racing season at risk and I had to become a bit of a political activist to assure that we still had a racetrack. As a result I've become well versed it what it takes to make an organization that tries to operate a racetrack run.

Give these folks a chance. Attend some of the events. In the end how we speak with our dollars is way more important than how we talk on a forum.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

I'm planning on attending one or more of the track days once they are uploaded on the motorsportreg site. I have always had a great time at Pueblo and thought it was a great track.

I also plan on attending one of the track days at Miller late this season.

I know my small entry fee and participation may not count for much but it makes me feel like I did what was in my power to help support the sport I am passionate about.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    Not cool, now I won't get to ride down there at all outside of MRA. Say what you will about Judy, but getting nearly private track time on the weekend was awesome.
    yep, and at 2 for 1 rates pretty often, kiss that goodbye
    2011 ZX10R
    2007 GSX-R750

One of the reasons that there was open weekends for track days was a lot of race clubs preferred not to race there much. Each club had their own reasons but track safety and how it was managed were common throughout. HPR is booked every weekend from April 23rd to the second of October. Only a couple of Mondays a month and Fridays before MRA are bike days.

As far as 2 for 1's go, that was done to just try to get people to even go there. Like several people said, " we had the track to ourselves" offer a half off discount and people still won't go? Something was wrong.

I have no idea if it will be better now or not but they are trying.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Chocolate Thunder

Talking Re: PMP track days

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I'm planning on attending one or more of the track days once they are uploaded on the motorsportreg site. I have always had a great time at Pueblo and thought it was a great track.

I know my small entry fee and participation may not count for much but it makes me feel like I did what was in my power to help support the sport I am passionate about.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Chocolate Thunder

It will only be better if we utilize and show we need more track days, if not then they wont put that many for us. I have planned every friday they are except one. YOUGOTTAWANNA

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    One of the reasons that there was open weekends for track days was a lot of race clubs preferred not to race there much. Each club had their own reasons but track safety and how it was managed were common throughout. HPR is booked every weekend from April 23rd to the second of October. Only a couple of Mondays a month and Fridays before MRA are bike days.

As far as 2 for 1's go, that was done to just try to get people to even go there. Like several people said, " we had the track to ourselves" offer a half off discount and people still won't go? Something was wrong.

I have no idea if it will be better now or not but they are trying.
    I mean I don't disagree from a business perspective, but as a motorcyclist, then I got to ride there more often for less money; now, it appears that I will get to go very little.

Site Admin

Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post

Board Newbie

Can someone post a link to a website where these track days are scheduled, and where you are getting this info? Have new toy that i need to take to the track...

Thanks.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/

The PMP dates aren't loaded yet but this is the site where they should show up shortly.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Nope, I am not done...
    On our schedule I have open lapping motorcycles on May 13th from 9 am to 3 pm, June 3rd from 9 am to 3 pm, June 24th from 9-3, July 15th from 9-3, July 29th from 9-3, August 12th from 9-3, and Sept. 22nd from 9-3. That is what I have on the schedule. Sorry it is not up on the website.

Thank you Greg Law for hearing and helping us out.
    How much will a lapping day cost?

Quote Originally Posted by jgixxer1 View Post
    How much will a lapping day cost?
    An arm and and a leg.... but at least there will be an ambulance there
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

They are adding more information to http://pueblomotorsportspark.com/ on a pretty regular basis. I see some motorcycle lapping days on the calendar. They are still using https://www.facebook.com/PMP.savethetrack as well.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    An arm and and a leg.... but at least there will be an ambulance there
    I sure hope not since we'll be losing 3 sessions. Hopefully they'll run through lunch to gain one back

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    They are adding more information to http://pueblomotorsportspark.com/ on a pretty regular basis. I see some motorcycle lapping days on the calendar. They are still using https://www.facebook.com/PMP.savethetrack as well.
    Well their information on their website now conflicts with the info they gave Drama2 concerning open lapping days. She was given May 13, June 3, June 24, July 15 and July 29. So far the only open lapping day actually set aside on their event calendar is August 26th. I mean come the f*ck on!! Most of the supposed track days listed as open for us, are now for an AMR Summer Shootout(I don't know what that is).

Look I don't want to come off as a dick but this is the very thing I'm talking about. Unless AMR has something to do with motorcycles(which I'm guessing it doesn't), then this is clearly miscommunication within the organization that is running the track. One hand is chasing the other it seems. If these "alleged" open lapping days are there, then list them on the website.

This sucks!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Well their information on their website now conflicts with the info they gave Drama2 concerning open lapping days. She was given May 13, June 3, June 24, July 15 and July 29. So far the only open lapping day actually set aside on their event calendar is August 26th. I mean come the f*ck on!! Most of the supposed track days listed as open for us, are now for an AMR Summer Shootout(I don't know what that is).

Look I don't want to come off as a dick but this is the very thing I'm talking about. Unless AMR has something to do with motorcycles(which I'm guessing it doesn't), then this is clearly miscommunication within the organization that is running the track. One hand is chasing the other it seems. If these "alleged" open lapping days are there, then list them on the website.

This sucks!!!
    From what I have noticed, is all of the dates that Drama2 posted are Fridays and are the same Fridays as all of the Friday night drags. Maybe that might be a smart move as they can have an ambulance on site all day long and save on that. On the downside they also mentioned having our sessions end at 3:00... which is kind of a drag...
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236