Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PMP track days

Re: PMP track days

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Well their information on their website now conflicts with the info they gave Drama2 concerning open lapping days. She was given May 13, June 3, June 24, July 15 and July 29. So far the only open lapping day actually set aside on their event calendar is August 26th. I mean come the f*ck on!! Most of the supposed track days listed as open for us, are now for an AMR Summer Shootout(I don't know what that is).

Look I don't want to come off as a dick but this is the very thing I'm talking about. Unless AMR has something to do with motorcycles(which I'm guessing it doesn't), then this is clearly miscommunication within the organization that is running the track. One hand is chasing the other it seems. If these "alleged" open lapping days are there, then list them on the website.

This sucks!!!

Have a little patience. This is not anything I would get too worked up about. We have options and there are a lot bigger problems in this world.

Utah is around 200 bucks for a track day and just a short road trip away.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Chocolate Thunder

I am going this weekend to Pueblo, I will go and ask Management and post up. Those dates are conflicting and were also given to 2 other people, so let me ask or you can also call, but I will ask this saturday.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    From what I have noticed, is all of the dates that Drama2 posted are Fridays and are the same Fridays as all of the Friday night drags. Maybe that might be a smart move as they can have an ambulance on site all day long and save on that. On the downside they also mentioned having our sessions end at 3:00... which is kind of a drag...
    That's what I noticed. All of the dates she posted are Friday's which is o.k. I was already in the process at work setting up a day each month to get down there on a Friday for a track day. However, when I noticed they weren't listed on the website, I've got to call foul and ask what gives? It'd be nice to just get a straight answer from them on their website as to what days are going to be for open lapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Have a little patience. This is not anything I would get too worked up about. We have options and there are a lot bigger problems in this world.

Utah is around 200 bucks for a track day and just a short road trip away.
    I agree, much bigger problems in the world at the moment. Massive earthquakes and tsunamis, tornadoes, flooding, famine and pestilence. And it just keeps ramping up worse and worse. So I'm not that worked up about the lack of proper management at PMP. I'm sure they'll get their sh*t together at some point.

I'd like to ride Miller Motorsports, just don't have the time to break away for several days to go on a road trip. We still have PPIR and HPR. I'm going to try and do a day or two at PPIR if I can. Then hit up HPR for the first time this season. I just enjoy PMP because it's close and a track I know very well. However, if that goes in the tank, there are always other options.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'd like to ride Miller Motorsports, just don't have the time to break away for several days to go on a road trip. We still have PPIR and HPR. I'm going to try and do a day or two at PPIR if I can. Then hit up HPR for the first time this season. I just enjoy PMP because it's close and a track I know very well. However, if that goes in the tank, there are always other options.
    I understand. It's difficult at times to make the time to go experience more tracks and different locations but I can tell you from experience that it is one of the most gratifying things I have done on two wheels. I have been blessed with the career that has given me the time and put me in a location to do track days at a bunch of different tracks. So go do it if you ever get the chance.

To date: (I should start a thread about this- it would probably be interesting)

High Plains
    Second Creek
    Pueblo Motor Park
    Mead
    IMI
    VIR
    Road Atlanta
    Miller Motorsports Park
    Palm Beach Int. - Moroso Park
    Homestead Int.
    Deming NM
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Especially with the ending time of 3, I would guess they do overlap with the Friday night drags which is probably what's on the calendar.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

From what I understand, they are going to do bike open lapping days separate from cars. If that's the case lapping days will be few and far between. I just don't see enough people showing up to be able to pay for corner workers and ambulance...especially during MRA race season. I think they should combine open lapping with cars like Judy did. I also won't be paying $150 to lap for only 5 sessions. $100 is more doable if they're going to cut the day short by 3 sessions.

That's what I noticed. All of the dates she posted are Friday's which is o.k. I was already in the process at work setting up a day each month to get down there on a Friday for a track day. However, when I noticed they weren't listed on the website, I've got to call foul and ask what gives? It'd be nice to just get a straight answer from them on their website as to what days are going to be for open lapping.

I agree, much bigger problems in the world at the moment. Massive earthquakes and tsunamis, tornadoes, flooding, famine and pestilence. And it just keeps ramping up worse and worse. So I'm not that worked up about the lack of proper management at PMP. I'm sure they'll get their sh*t together at some point.

I have tried contacting them via the email listed on the website so I can schedule days off, but haven't heard anything back. I don't see anything posted on the schedule of events.

I can see them backing out on days if there is limited sign ups.

Rather than give up, I would suggest anyone upset with the lack of open lapping under the new management contact Pueblo City Council. That is exactly what the drag racers who took over did. Looks like it is time to start sending some letters and making phone calls to the city if you want open lapping at PMP.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMWFO View Post
    I have tried contacting them via the email listed on the website so I can schedule days off, but haven't heard anything back. I don't see anything posted on the schedule of events.

I can see them backing out on days if there is limited sign ups.

Rather than give up, I would suggest anyone upset with the lack of open lapping under the new management contact Pueblo City Council. That is exactly what the drag racers who took over did. Looks like it is time to start sending some letters and making phone calls to the city if you want open lapping at PMP.
    I would contact them. But I've already started preparing for open lapping days at HPR. I looked at their schedule and they have several open days coming in June, July and August. So I was hoping to get out in May for a track day but doesn't look like that's happening. May try and do a day or two at PPIR this summer as well. Pretty much don't care what happens to PMP at this point.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

While I understand this is a new organization and running a track must be difficult, having a second bike that is only used there starts to make less sense if you have to take a day off to ever use it. The track is a serious addiction but, maybe I wasn't addicted as I thought. Don't know yet. Giving it a bit of time.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

lol I have to take days for every race day since I work weekends. Guess if you're addicted you do what it takes.
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post
    While I understand this is a new organization and running a track must be difficult, having a second bike that is only used there starts to make less sense if you have to take a day off to ever use it. The track is a serious addiction but, maybe I wasn't addicted as I thought. Don't know yet. Giving it a bit of time.
    Same boat I'm in. My only bike is for track use only, yet I've been kicking around the idea of turning it back in to street form and just using it to commute to work. Not something I want to do, as I'd rather ride the track. Looks though that HPR will have a lot of open days coming up. I haven't been there so this is probably the best way to get me up to HPR and try it out.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Just stopped by PMP during one of the drag events to try find out what is going on with open lapping. The good news- they have open lapping on 4/28:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...4#.VxvyyXNMHqB

Spoke to Greg Law from RCSC. They are still trying to sort everything out. From what I can see the new management is still loosely organized and don't understand/have the background with operating the road course. They have been working out insurance, etc. One of their team said to contact Gari Harper, their event coordinator.: gharper5276@gmail.com

Not sure what their plans are in the future based on our discussions, but I believe Rybo was correct in stating they are playing to their strengths with drag racing. The event today probably had 50+ cars. Hopefully they will offer more lapping days with enough advance notice for people to attend.

I know I will be going this Thurs.

Just stopped by PMP during one of the drag events to try find out what is going on with open lapping. The good news- they have open lapping on 4/28:

Spoke to Greg Law from RCSC. They are still trying to sort everything out. From what I can see the new management is still loosely organized and don't understand/have the background with operating the road course. They have been working out insurance, etc. One of their team said to contact Gari Harper, their event coordinator.: gharper5276@gmail.com

Not sure what their plans are in the future based on our discussions, but I believe Rybo was correct in stating they are playing to their strengths with drag racing. The event today probably had 50+ cars. Hopefully they will offer more lapping days with enough advance notice for people to attend.

Yeah, unfortunately can't make this one. I need more than a few days notice to schedule for work. Oh well, if they have more in the future that would be cool. Good job sourcing out information...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

15 bikes? That isn't going to happen haha. I would totally be down for track days on Thursday since I had shitty days off lol
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

They need to be more clear on the motorsportreg site. If you search this on the calendar you can't tell its a motorcycle lapping day.

Someone from HPR please help the brothers out. They need to list them as "Motorcycle Only Lapping Day" or something similar so it's noticeable. I would have done this if I would have realized it was a two wheel day.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Is it a motorcycle day or a car and motorcycle day combined? It should be pretty easy to get the information out
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Is it a motorcycle day or a car and motorcycle day combined? It should be pretty easy to get the information out
    Yeah I think the listing just needs a little better description.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

It looks like it is a Car only day on April 28th.
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...4#.Vx5T_fkrK03
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

They changed it. It said car/motorcycle before.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    They changed it. It said car/motorcycle before.
    Ahhh OK. That's where the confusion is coming in. I guess by the time I saw it the listing had been changed.

Hopefully I'll see ya on May 1st if the weather will cooperate.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I imagine it'll be cars/bikes. At any rate I signed up for a half day, but I'll be in my 3 series as my bike isn't back together yet. See you guys there!

Bike only track day, Friday May 6th: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...2#.VyKKGuIrLal
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236