Thread: WTF….Conor McGregor Announces His Retirement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WTF….Conor McGregor Announces His Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    just making sure I get this right. he made the highest earnings for an mma fight ever and now doesn't want to promote the ones who paid him that money?

just making sure I'm catching that right.
    What am I your literary coach. JK

Sounds like that too me....that is Conor's personal Facebook page so why not go tell him how you feel

Now my opinion of what he wrote is he feels since he brings in the most PPV views (which he does) and has made UFC over 400 million on his last few fights, that they could have cut him some slack. This is not all that unusual and usually UFC would just send a crew out to him in Iceland to do the promotional stuff, but appears ego’s came in and it became a feud. As I said before fighters are just sick of how they are treated and his “dancing monkey” comment just shows he feels they control him too much. This really is a make or break fight for Conor because he knows if he loses again, it could be his career. So to Conor he cares about training and fighting, where as UFC cares about money; I can see both sides.

UFC could release him from his contract too and then we’d see how much Bellator would dish out…..they just offered Fedor millions so they have it. Instead UFC would do like they always do and bench a fighter with no scheduled fight so they cannot get out of their contract while they make no money and have no other option to fight.

Heck I think Brendan Schaub who has not fought in over a year is still contracted by UFC just so he can't fight in another promotion. Instead he created a very successful podcast and live show and said screw them...making way more money now than from UFC. Yet they have him locked down in the fighting world because he won't fight for so little money after this Reebok deal.....
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:37 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!