Thread: WTF….Conor McGregor Announces His Retirement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WTF….Conor McGregor Announces His Retirement

Wow, so the UFC circus just got crazier and after a beef with Dana White over Conor flying to Vegas to do a promotional appearance. Conor refused to leave his training in Iceland to do the promotion and Dana White pulled him off the 200 card. So in retaliation Conor McGregor tweets that he is retiring! Many thought it was a hoax or a hacker, but it appears to be true and only time will tell if Conor will ever be back in the UFC Octagon.

I am bummed as he is an exciting fighter and I was looking forward to him fighting Nate Diaz and then going back and defending his title against the winner of Edgar vs Aldo.

This is one of the biggest power moves a fighter has done against UFC, but I feel UFC has monopolized the MMA game so I am glad someone is sticking up to them; he and Ronda are probably the only two fighters with enough power to do this. I do get that this is part of Conor’s job though, so I do see UFC point of view also….guess I am just sick of how they treat their fighters nowadays.

UFC better be careful because very few people understand that Bellator is owned by Viacom who is way bigger than UFC and has more money (they own MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET, Paramount, VH1, SpikeTV….nearly 170 networks) so if they really want to compete with UFC they have the money to do it; plus IMO the best promoter in the business, Scott Coker (easily better than Dana White). So if they went full force into MMA it could be a bigger competitor to UFC than they may realize. They just need to bring in better talent, but with more and more fighters not liking UFC it opens the doors (Benson Henderson makes his debut fight on Bellator this weekend).

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15...d-retire-young

Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 20th, 2016 at 08:01 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!