Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTF….Conor McGregor Announces His Retirement

Re: WTF….Conor McGregor Announces His Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    just making sure I get this right. he made the highest earnings for an mma fight ever and now doesn't want to promote the ones who paid him that money?

just making sure I'm catching that right.
    What am I your literary coach. JK

Sounds like that too me....that is Conor's personal Facebook page so why not go tell him how you feel

Now my opinion of what he wrote is he feels since he brings in the most PPV views (which he does) and has made UFC over 400 million on his last few fights, that they could have cut him some slack. This is not all that unusual and usually UFC would just send a crew out to him in Iceland to do the promotional stuff, but appears ego’s came in and it became a feud. As I said before fighters are just sick of how they are treated and his “dancing monkey” comment just shows he feels they control him too much. This really is a make or break fight for Conor because he knows if he loses again, it could be his career. So to Conor he cares about training and fighting, where as UFC cares about money; I can see both sides.

UFC could release him from his contract too and then we’d see how much Bellator would dish out…..they just offered Fedor millions so they have it. Instead UFC would do like they always do and bench a fighter with no scheduled fight so they cannot get out of their contract while they make no money and have no other option to fight.

Heck I think Brendan Schaub who has not fought in over a year is still contracted by UFC just so he can't fight in another promotion. Instead he created a very successful podcast and live show and said screw them...making way more money now than from UFC. Yet they have him locked down in the fighting world because he won't fight for so little money after this Reebok deal.....
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:37 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    What am I your literary coach. JK

Sounds like that too me....that is Conor's personal Facebook page so why not go tell him how you feel

Now my opinion of what he wrote is he feels since he brings in the most PPV views (which he does) and has made UFC over 400 million on his last few fights, that they could have cut him some slack. This is not all that unusual and usually UFC would just send a crew out to him in Iceland to do the promotional stuff, but appears ego’s came in and it became a feud. As I said before fighters are just sick of how they are treated and his “dancing monkey” comment just shows he feels they control him too much. This really is a make or break fight for Conor because he knows if he loses again, it could be his career. So to Conor he cares about training and fighting, where as UFC cares about money; I can see both sides.

UFC could release him from his contract too and then we’d see how much Bellator would dish out…..they just offered Fedor millions so they have it. Instead UFC would do like they always do and bench a fighter with no scheduled fight so they cannot get out of their contract while they make no money and have no other option to fight.

Heck I think Brendan Schaub who has not fought in over a year is still contracted by UFC just so he can't fight in another promotion. Instead he created a very successful podcast and live show and said screw them...making way more money now than from UFC. Yet they have him locked down in the fighting world because he won't fight for so little money after this Reebok deal.....

done.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...ion-per-fight/

you brought boxing into this. okay here you go.

if you want the big bucks you have to be willing to do the work.

Not much to love about that guy.... He is basically a mouth with legs.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post

done.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...ion-per-fight/

you brought boxing into this. okay here you go.

if you want the big bucks you have to be willing to do the work.
    Yup, exactly my point! Mayweather made all that money because he is independent and he is his own boss. That is exactly what UFC fighters want to do…be “free agents”. Yet, UFC does not allow that at all. Guess who does allow their fighters to be free agents…..yup, Bellator. They are free to fight in other organizations and free to get whatever sponsorship they can plus don’t have to locked down to a contract. Wow, thanks for helping me prove how much more fighters could make if they were allowed to do that.

And let’s be honest here, there are like two boxers that bring in PPV number; Many and Floyd. I don’t think Many is even fighting anymore so boxing better step up and bring some new stars in. Either way if people like to spend $60 to watch some guy duck and weave for 12 rounds then so be it, but that is boring to me. MMA is way newer than boxing, but you can see over the years that MMA is gaining more than boxing is nowadays…slowly the tide is changing. I won’t even get into how many different leagues boxing has and the numerous champs they have all over in the same weight classes.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Not much to love about that guy.... He is basically a mouth with legs.
    I was with you for a long time about Conor, but after seeing him roll through some tough opponents I do feel the guy has great skills! He also isn’t afraid to fight anyone at anytime and so far has been a man of his word; he really does talk it and backs it up. I use to feel he was just a big mouth too, but I have change my opinion and feel he could be one of the best fighters out. He does have a ego though, but I almost think you have to be confident if you want to get in and battle some of the toughest men on the planet
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 21st, 2016 at 02:33 PM.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

That moment you realize your bluff has been called, and you have to explain yourself...

None the less, it was well thought out, pretty well delivered, and even had a lots of truth to it. But at the end of the day you're either the guy cashing the checks or you're the guy signing the checks. Don't get it twisted Conor McGregor.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yup, exactly my point! Mayweather made all that money because he is independent and he is his own boss. That is exactly what UFC fighters want to do…be “free agents”. Yet, UFC does not allow that at all. Guess who does allow their fighters to be free agents…..yup, Bellator. They are free to fight in other organizations and free to get whatever sponsorship they can plus don’t have to locked down to a contract. Wow, thanks for helping me prove how much more fighters could make if they were allowed to do that.

And let’s be honest here, there are like two boxers that bring in PPV number; Many and Floyd. I don’t think Many is even fighting anymore so boxing better step up and bring some new stars in. Either way if people like to spend $60 to watch some guy duck and weave for 12 rounds then so be it, but that is boring to me. MMA is way newer than boxing, but you can see over the years that MMA is gaining more than boxing is nowadays…slowly the tide is changing. I won’t even get into how many different leagues boxing has and the numerous champs they have all over in the same weight classes.

I was with you for a long time about Conor, but after seeing him roll through some tough opponents I do feel the guy has great skills! He also isn’t afraid to fight anyone at anytime and so far has been a man of his word; he really does talk it and backs it up. I use to feel he was just a big mouth too, but I have change my opinion and feel he could be one of the best fighters out. He does have a ego though, but I almost think you have to be confident if you want to get in and battle some of the toughest men on the planet
    ummmm.... you're point is to roll independent? I could have sworn it was UFC was a OUT OF control monopoly.

actually I have never heard you say they should do their own promotions. I said they should do it but you said they don't make enough money.

plus I don't think a lot of these guys have the willingness to train and handle their own promotions as well. its clearly too much for conor. he is just going to do what he needs for himself for a while. or something. lol

I blame weed.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I blame weed.....
    It has been reported that Conor actually likes weed, coke and beer all at the same time. It would explain his outrageous mouth.

http://dudecomedy.com/girls-post-sna...gh-on-cocaine/
    Last edited by j0ker; Thu Apr 21st, 2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    It has been reported that Conor actually likes weed, coke and beer all at the same time. It would explain his outrageous mouth.

http://dudecomedy.com/girls-post-sna...gh-on-cocaine/
    Wow, that is he first I heard of that...good find. Although I don't see anything in the pics that really prove he was cheating or doing coke other than the text of some girl. I mean he even says in the video he has a gf...most guys don't use that line if they are trying to score....but who knows.

The only thing in that whole article that looks incriminating is that in one of the pictures Conor is holding a lighter. He doesn't smoke..... Believing he does coke is not a huge stretch of the imagination.