Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy 420....love it or hate it CO is Benefiting (Stats)

Happy 420....love it or hate it CO is Benefiting (Stats)

I’ve heard quite a few people state how Marijuana is ruining this state, so thought it would be a good idea to show how much this revenue has benefited Colorado in major ways. I am a believer that people would smoke whether it was legal or not, so why not tax the crap out of it and make the state benefit rather than some drug dealer or cartel.

The tipping point has finally occurred in Colorado: The state is raising more revenue from marijuana taxes than from alcohol.

According to the Colorado Department of Revenue, the state has received nearly $70 million in tax revenue from marijuana from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015, easily beating the nearly $42 million in taxes on alcohol.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/debrabor.../#126e25ed716b

Colorado may get to spend the $66 million in tax money it collected from marijuana sales after all.

As of Wednesday morning, 66% of voters had cast "yes" ballots for Proposition BB, which lets the state keep the tax money it collected. The funds are earmarked for school construction, law enforcement, youth programs and drug education initiatives.

Colo. pot users helping build schools with tax dollars

DENVER – Colorado's marijuana users are helping to buy new roofs, boilers and security upgrades for public schools across the state as the first round of special pot taxes gets allocated later this year.
    The state's voters in 2012 legalized pot sales – and taxed them heavily – in part because the constitutional amendment promised that $40 million dollars a year would go toward school construction across the state. In the first full year of sales, however, the state expects to collect only about $17 million in special school taxes levied on the marijuana industry. Still, it's better than what the state collected the year before: nothing.
    "The people who were smoking marijuana before legalization still are. Now, they're paying taxes," Gov. John Hickenlooper said.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Re: Happy 420....love it or hate it CO is Benefiting (Stats)

This is basically because the rest of the United States have not legalized it as well.

From article:

"If you legalize (marijuana) in every state in the country, then you're not going to see people transshipping across borders because it's legal," she said. Then "you can get it anywhere in your state."
    But such a change would require congressional action.

So all this shows is people are going to get it whether it is legal or not, so state's should consider to legalize and put the money to benefit the state; if not they will come to CO and give us their states tax money. You ever heard of the cartel manufacturing alcohol or cigarettes...not now that it is legal in nearly every state.

I still feel the 17 million to schools is worth it (especially since previous year they collect $0)......CO is pretty low on the education stats compared to other states.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 20th, 2016 at 09:12 AM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    This is basically because the rest of the United States have not legalized it as well.

From article:

"If you legalize (marijuana) in every state in the country, then you're not going to see people transshipping across borders because it's legal," she said. Then "you can get it anywhere in your state."
    But such a change would require congressional action.

So all this shows is people are going to get it whether it is legal or not, so state's should consider to legalize and put the money to benefit the state; if not they will come to CO and give us their states tax money. You ever heard of the cartel manufacturing alcohol or cigarettes...not now that it is legal in nearly every state.

I still feel the 17 million to schools is worth it (especially since previous year they collect $0)......CO is pretty low on the education stats compared to other states.

I hate weed. honestly. and it's because of your mindset. it is a drug. it is abused. people do get killed over it. it does have a black market.

if you are going to legalize one you need to legalize all of it. and it would be nice to see the hippies stop HIDING behind its medical BS and just admit they like to get high.

own up to what they are doing. to be really honest I don't care if people get high. weed to heroin. I don't care. not my life but I'm tired of being told we need to cater to pot heads.

I can't pass a drug test... blah blah blah blah! grow up! but people don't have to worry about alcohol. some of us do. I have take not only random drug screens but random alcohol screens as well.

so really man cool the schools are getting more money. I'm just truly sick of hearing about how awesome this drug is and everyone ignoring the downsides.

PS.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/19/at...tte-smugglers/
    Last edited by #1Townie; Wed Apr 20th, 2016 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I hate weed. honestly. and it's because of your mindset. it is a drug. it is abused. people do get killed over it. it does have a black market.

if you are going to legalize one you need to legalize all of it. and it would be nice to see the hippies stop HIDING behind its medical BS and just admit they like to get high.

own up to what they are doing. to be really honest I don't care if people get high. weed to heroin. I don't care. not my life but I'm tired of being told we need to cater to pot heads.

I can't pass a drug test... blah blah blah blah! grow up! but people don't have to worry about alcohol. some of us do. I have take not only random drug screens but random alcohol screens as well.

so really man cool the schools are getting more money. I'm just truly sick of hearing about how awesome this drug is and everyone ignoring the downsides.
    How is this any different than alcohol or cigarettes that are also legal and sold on every corner? Taxed same way and also a drug....yet left up to the adult choice.

The medical argument is over man, as it is sold as recreational here in Colorado….the people voted it in. So nobody has to hide behind a “medical” card anymore and they do admit they do it to get high….again same as alcohol or cigarettes. You’ve always been a man of making our own decisions, so I don’t get why you are still so against weed…to the point of hating it.

I also do not think anyone complains of a drug test other than the fact that a person should be able to get high off the clock and not be punished because a “half life” of a drug is longer than another. Now someone comes in high to work they should be fired, but not for something they did the night before that has worn off. This is also why the cocaine problem is so bad; people know it gets out of your system in a few days.

Either way the point here was even though people hate it, it is helping our state big time and I am happy for that as I feel people will smoke whether it is legal or not. I never said the drug was awesome though…just said it is awesome all the money CO is making of it. Of course EVERY drug has its downside, but people know that when they make that choice. Heck cigarettes say right on label they will kill you and millions still buy them.

Plus you live in Nevada anyways, so doesn’t even really effect you Plus isn’t Nevada known for its own bad vice called gambling!

Gold Member

How is this any different than alcohol or cigarettes that are also legal and sold on every corner? Taxed same way and also a drug....yet left up to the adult choice.

The medical argument is over man, as it is sold as recreational here in Colorado….the people voted it in. So nobody has to hide behind a “medical” card anymore and they do admit they do it to get high….again same as alcohol or cigarettes. You’ve always been a man of making our own decisions, so I don’t get why you are still so against weed…to the point of hating it.

I also do not think anyone complains of a drug test other than the fact that a person should be able to get high off the clock and not be punished because a “half life” of a drug is longer than another. Now someone comes in high to work they should be fired, but not for something they did the night before that has worn off. This is also why the cocaine problem is so bad; people know it gets out of your system in a few days.

Either way the point here was even though people hate it, it is helping our state big time and I am happy for that as I feel people will smoke whether it is legal or not. I never said the drug was awesome though…just said it is awesome all the money CO is making of it. Of course EVERY drug has its downside, but people know that when they make that choice. Heck cigarettes say right on label they will kill you and millions still buy them.

Plus you live in Nevada anyways, so doesn’t even really effect you Plus isn’t Nevada known for its own bad vice called gambling!
    the potheads from Washington were running around here a while back getting people to sign two different bills. one for the legalization of pot and the other was against firearms.

they really pissed me off. it is now my mission to see cocaine become legal before weed. lol!

the potheads from Washington were running around here a while back getting people to sign two different bills. one for the legalization of pot and the other was against firearms.

they really pissed me off. it is now my mission to see cocaine become legal before weed. lol!
    They must have looked silly rolling with pots on there head

FWIW Bulldog, pot is hurting jobs for the economy. I can tell you for a fact that where I work we have rejected six potential candidates for entry level positions based on the fact that they all couldn't pass the pre-employment drug test that we have all employees take. So that's 6 people right there that won't be getting paid $16+ dollars an hour, with the potential for applying for internal postings(that aren't open competitive postings). So now these six people can go back to getting high and flipping burgers, rather than build on a potential career within an organization that offers massive opportunities.

Also in my department alone, I know for a fact that everyone who works outside are all required to possess Class A CDL's. Same goes for the other two departments of the organization, they all need Class A CDL's. Our company is under Federal guidelines for CDL's, so the whole notion of "doing what you want on your own time and off the clock" doesn't fly with us, as we do random urine analysis screenings for both illicit drugs, legal drugs and alcohol.

Also, I can tell you as well, we are a zero tolerance for any drug or alcohol infractions company. Get a hot UA, you're done. Get a DUI, and you're history. There's even a tobacco premium that those who use have to pay towards their medical benefits.

Lastly, you may say that some are too strict and companies are stick in the mud fuddy duddy's. Yet, I like this kind of strict policy and adherence. I enjoy working in a clean substance environment. I also enjoy working for an organization that is not willing to change their mission statement and ethos to accept substances that doesn't promote a great workforce. We only want the best of the best, and if you're a pot head, then you don't/won't measure up.

You lobby for cocaine, and I'm going to lobby for legal prostitution. I've always wanted to pay a woman to just leave......
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Apr 20th, 2016 at 05:39 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    FWIW Bulldog, pot is hurting jobs for the economy. I can tell you for a fact that where I work we have rejected six potential candidates for entry level positions based on the fact that they all couldn't pass the pre-employment drug test that we have all employees take. So that's 6 people right there that won't be getting paid $16+ dollars an hour, with the potential for applying for internal postings(that aren't open competitive postings). So now these six people can go back to getting high and flipping burgers, rather than build on a potential career within an organization that offers massive opportunities.
    I would argue that pre-employment practices at your workplace are what are hurting jobs. Many larger scale (global) companies don't even drug test anymore. I work for a fortune 50 company, we have no drug screening and we have some of the best people in the industry. Many of our positions are primarily work in the federal government space.

You lobby for cocaine, and I'm going to lobby for legal prostitution. I've always wanted to pay a woman to just leave......
    I am for complete legalization. I honestly think beer sucks. But, I have no issue with people who want to drink, snort or fuck as long as they keep their shit together.

Gold Member

Also in my department alone, I know for a fact that everyone who works outside are all required to possess Class A CDL's. Same goes for the other two departments of the organization, they all need Class A CDL's. Our company is under Federal guidelines for CDL's, so the whole notion of "doing what you want on your own time and off the clock" doesn't fly with us, as we do random urine analysis screenings for both illicit drugs, legal drugs and alcohol.

Also, I can tell you as well, we are a zero tolerance for any drug or alcohol infractions company. Get a hot UA, you're done. Get a DUI, and you're history. There's even a tobacco premium that those who use have to pay towards their medical benefits.

Lastly, you may say that some are too strict and companies are stick in the mud fuddy duddy's. Yet, I like this kind of strict policy and adherence. I enjoy working in a clean substance environment. I also enjoy working for an organization that is not willing to change their mission statement and ethos to accept substances that doesn't promote a great workforce. We only want the best of the best, and if you're a pot head, then you don't/won't measure up.

let's do this! I call the bill coke and hoes.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I would argue that pre-employment practices at your workplace are what are hurting jobs. Many larger scale (global) companies don't even drug test anymore. I work for a fortune 50 company, we have no drug screening and we have some of the best people in the industry. Many of our positions are primarily work in the federal government space.

I am for complete legalization. I honestly think beer sucks. But, I have no issue with people who want to drink, snort or fuck as long as they keep their shit together.
    its not the companys choice.

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulation...-alcohol-rules
    Last edited by #1Townie; Wed Apr 20th, 2016 at 06:54 PM.

Oh really it hurts our company? So you're fine with someone high as a kite working around your drinking water, your electrical transmission and distribution and your natural gas delivery systems?? You're o.k with someone baked out of their minds or very high blood alcohol level operating large and heavy equipment that's used to repair, service and install your water, electric and gas systems. How about these same people that not only operate heavy equipment, then transport this equipment. Transportation loads that weigh in excess of 70,000lbs at times, that's on the road with you while you're going to work. You're completely fine with these individuals having being loaded on pot or impaired with alcohol???

Yeah you're right, there's nothing wrong with someone not cognizant enough because of weed/alcohol to carefully monitor PH levels in your drinking water, that if left unchecked could potentially grow the wrong bacteria and possibly poison your drinking water. There's nothing wrong with someone so baked out of their minds, that the wrong power line repairs sends a spike in electrical levels and gives your neighborhood a nice arc flash near homes and people. And lets not worry about someone lighting up their favorite joint around natural gas or natural gas leaks.

Because hey, it's more important to light that joint and feel freedom to expand your mind.

See, it's because we screen out for drug use and alcohol abuse that you get your water main breaks attended to on average of 40 minutes. Get these repaired usually within hours of the break and getting neighborhoods and businesses back in service in a timely manner. It's because when you flip that switch in your house or work that the light comes on and doesn't explode that you're safe from electrical issues. That when you need your heater, your furnace comes on because of the natural gas supplied to it.

I wouldn't want co-workers that use marijuana working with me, as I believe they would be a severe safety risk. The work we do is more dangerous that law enforcement and fire fighting, so I'd like to be able to work with people that are just as concerned with making it home every night home safe and sound, as I am. I want to be able to make it into work the next day and the next and the next. I don't want a massive safety incident to happen because someone's judgment was so impaired due to their drug or alcohol use, that they couldn't make the right call and someone died.

Lastly, like I said, everyone that have and maintain Class A CDL's, we are governed by Federal guidelines and answer to the Feds. And with the Fed's, pot is still considered a drug and not allowable.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Apr 20th, 2016 at 06:24 PM. Reason: typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Black Knight, I don t think anyone is saying they want to allow people to work high, stoned, or drunk. I want a drug free workplace as much as anyone else. Where people have an issue (myself included) is that the current testing regimen for marijuana does NOT tell if you are currently under the influence, just that you have used it. I can get into the science of second and third metabolites of THC anytime you want but the basics are that THC has a very short psychoactive life in your bloodstream but the remnants take days to get flushed out. I totally support the employers right to set standards for an employee while on the job but it is none of any employers business what that employee does off the job as log as he/she is straight and sober when they report for work. A test needs to be developed that only shows if you are currently under the influence.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Black Knight, I don t think anyone is saying they want to allow people to work high, stoned, or drunk. I want a drug free workplace as much as anyone else. Where people have an issue (myself included) is that the current testing regimen for marijuana does NOT tell if you are currently under the influence, just that you have used it. I can get into the science of second and third metabolites of THC anytime you want but the basics are that THC has a very short psychoactive life in your bloodstream but the remnants take days to get flushed out. I totally support the employers right to set standards for an employee while on the job but it is none of any employers business what that employee does off the job as log as he/she is straight and sober when they report for work. A test needs to be developed that only shows if you are currently under the influence.
    I could argue the same thing about a lot of drugs. cocaine. while it doesn't take as long as pot it still takes several days to clear from your system at a modest use.

and if you want to go ahead and argue this lets do it. will you stand there and say if I'm not a habitual user of marijuana I wouldn't be able to pass a drug test in less than a week?

truth is if you can't pass a drug test these days youre an idiot. pure and simple. either you use it too much and forgot to keep it special or just didn't bother to read anything on the internet.

I agree, most people that run a hot UA, are people that are sober and lucid at the time of the test. However, that's not the companies fault, nor Federal guidelines fault because you pissed hot, while still being sober. Rules are rules and Federal guidelines and companies policies dictate absolutely "NO" use by the employee. This is a free country(for now) and if people don't enjoy working for companies that spring random drug analysis on them, they are more than welcomed to seek employment elsewhere. I'm all for people to experience their freedoms as they wish. This stupid state legalized this sh*t, so people are free to smoke it. However, employers should have the right(always) to screen for drug use and make decisions to not hire based on UA's. It should also be an employers right to spring random UA's upon their workforce.

And look, I get it. Someone working at McDonald's doesn't technically need to be screened for drugs(they should be, because they are handling food) as compared to someone who monitors the quality and safety of your drinking water. I understand there are more important jobs that should be screened more than some.

You say, it's not an employers business what someone does on their personal time, as long as they are straight and sober come work time. The problem with that, is if you're into recreational drugs(MJ, or otherwise), you have more of a potential to get into trouble vs. those that don't. If you constantly drink and drive, you have a higher potential to rack up a DUI, than those that don't. So you see, the potential for a troubled life because of substance does bleed over into your work life, and affect those you work with.

A person can drink themselves under the table every night and show up to work completely sober everyday. Yet, their health will deteriorate to the point where their other co-workers have to pick up their slack. Now let me ask you this, is that fair to the other non-substance using workers?? Is it fair that they should have to do double the work, because another worker is starting to slack due to substance problems??? What about those that get stoned all the time, and eventually end up being lazy sacks of sh*t at work. So it's o.k. that while at work they are sober, yet are completely unproductive and others have to work twice as hard to complete the jobs assigned.

So you see, what you do in your private life does affect those around you and who you work with. You can't liken a drug problem or alcohol problem to having a sports hobby after work. O.k. playing in a league football team is not going to be a detriment to your work results(unless you get hurt badly), but having a substance abuse problem will. It affects you, your co-workers and your employer when you're not sober or have a problem with substance.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

A person can drink themselves under the table every night and show up to work completely sober everyday. Yet, their health will deteriorate to the point where their other co-workers have to pick up their slack. Now let me ask you this, is that fair to the other non-substance using workers?? Is it fair that they should have to do double the work, because another worker is starting to slack due to substance problems??? What about those that get stoned all the time, and eventually end up being lazy sacks of sh*t at work. So it's o.k. that while at work they are sober, yet are completely unproductive and others have to work twice as hard to complete the jobs assigned.
    It is funny how much vitriol you spew about marijuana. Being stoned does not equal being lazy or being stupid or that you are a liberal. You obviously hang onto stereotypes that have been around since before I was out of diapers and have been proven wrong just as long. Longrider hit it right on the head, I wasn't saying people should be stoned or drunk ON the job. However, what I choose to do off the job is nobody's fucking business, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone but me. (or someone else unless by consent )

The statement that you would have to "work twice as hard" because of someone being a stoner is just not true. And..... I am positive that you work with stoners and you just don't know it. We are everywhere.

Gold Member

It is funny how much vitriol you spew about marijuana. Being stoned does not equal being lazy or being stupid or that you are a liberal. You obviously hang onto stereotypes that have been around since before I was out of diapers and have been proven wrong just as long. Longrider hit it right on the head, I wasn't saying people should be stoned or drunk ON the job. However, what I choose to do off the job is nobody's fucking business, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone but me. (or someone else unless by consent )

The statement that you would have to "work twice as hard" because of someone being a stoner is just not true. And..... I am positive that you work with stoners and you just don't know it. We are everywhere.
    lol. if the shoe fits wear it. and no there is no way to be a habitual user in cdl work.

what you are clearly not understanding here is if I were to pop hot on any drug test thats not just the loss of that job. I am now almost certainly never going to get another cdl job for a very long time.

cdl holders face some nasty consequences for failing these tests. sure they are out there. but hey aren't the kind of people who get the good jobs. not in the cdl world anyways.

but yes you stoners are everywhere. you think you are hiding yourselves. we are just secretly laughing at you claiming allergies while dropping eye drops in the middle of winter.

PS I love the idea you pot heads joined the ranks of tweekers blowing up your houses. lol

I've really not much vitriol about marijuana whatsoever. I do have disdain for it as a substance that changes the mind of the user. Also for the fact that it changes the mind of the user over time. I don't hang onto stereotypes when I've seen them first hand. Of the several people I've seen over the years who've used MJ, two in particular standout(mainly due to how well I knew them). One was a preachers son, had a bright future and did well in school. Yet just couldn't seem to stay away from weed. Constantly used it, began dealing it at school and then eventually moved on to harder substances.

Another, who I met much later in life. Was so infatuated with marijuana, that he lived in constant peril over his job at the school district, once he learned that they would impose random testing. He was willing to give up his livelihood over his use of pot. Getting high meant more to him than living. Again, another person with a rather good job, not the brightest of futures but did well enough. I've since lost contact of him, and have heard stories of him loafing along through life, unable to have any kind of advancement because of his substance addiction.

And as for trying to spin this into a political issue. I personally believe that addiction/substance abuse doesn't care what letter (R or D) is in front of your name. It happily takes those from the Left or the Right. It doesn't care where you fall in the political spectrum. It doesn't care whether you're rich, poor, intelligent or uneducated. It only cares that you pay attention to it and feed it your time. And while I don't believe it matters that marijuana use is for the smart or the educated, that's debatable. I do believe it's for the lazy.

And while you don't feel you're affecting those around you or at work, because you do it in the privacy of your home on your time. When it bleeds over into the work place(i.e. random testing), begins to affect productivity, then yes it does affect those around you. I'm all fine with what someone does in the privacy of their own home. Yet if they're a raging alcoholic and come to work in a bad mood because they don't have alcohol in their system, then yes it's a problem. Because if they are spending more time thinking about getting their next sip of booze or next drag off a joint, rather than paying attention to what's happening on the job site, then now it's a safety problem. Those are the weak links in your team, those are the people that get you killed at work.

Lastly, I disagree with you on working with "stoners". I know I don't, because if they did, they wouldn't be working where I'm at any longer due to the fact I've already stated several times that for CDL holders we are subject to random drug screenings. So while they may "try to use", eventually they will get popped with a hot UA. So yeah, I don't work with potheads......
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Apr 20th, 2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Weed.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Because, yea there is no way at all to fake drug tests.... You guys carry on.

Exactly! Never did I say an employee should be allowed to go to work high. Here is even my quote where I stated that they should be fired.

So I ask, how is this any different than alcohol? If a person comes in drunk to work they should be fired, and if they come in high they should also be fired. Yet same thing though, if a person decided to get drunk the night before, but comes in and can perform their job at satisfactory levels, why shouldn’t the person that did marijuana be the same way. Companies have ratings a reviews so it should be based on how they perform and not about what a person did in their off time because even though you do not believe it, there are many successful people who have admitted to smoking weed……here is a list of 50 of them! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5160073.html So lazy….we got Michael Phelps to Lebron James on this list. Unproductive….we got Bill gates all the way to Obama! If most “sober” people could accomplish what these guys did then I’d be more inclined to agree with you: I feel lazy and unproductive is just how some people are, drugs or not.

So you see, what you do in your private life does affect those around you and who you work with. You can't liken a drug problem or alcohol problem to having a sports hobby after work. O.k. playing in a league football team is not going to be a detriment to your work results(unless you get hurt badly), but having a substance abuse problem will. It affects you, your co-workers and your employer when you're not sober or have a problem with substance.
    So really it sounds like your argument is against ALL drugs then because alcohol kills brain cells as much or more than Marijuana (that is Townies favorite subject; legalize all drugs then). So to single out Marijuana really makes me think that you are basing things on stereotypes and old school thinking. In no way does your argument mean this only happens to marijuana users. If so I’d love to go head to head to prove which is more dangerous and causes more deaths, addiction, withdrawals, and overdoses…..stats don’t lie!

Sports….really? Have you not heard of CTE and how is has been proven that hits to the head do cause major mental problems to a person. So again, to single out weed, but you would be ok with a guy that goes and spars in boxing each night and gets hit 50 times and maybe KO’s a few times, when that has been proven to make a person go crazy….many pro athletes have went crazy to the point of killing their entire family. Research CTE and Dr.Bennet Omalu’s work and then come back and say it doesn’t have a affect outside of the hobby. So in your case you would have to ban all contact sports as well so you are not in fear that what a person does outside of work will endanger you at work. Don’t even get me into health because even that has a huge impact at a work environment; people get cardiac arrest and strokes form bad health that certainly affect the brain and body. For example you talk about heavy equipment, but if a person has bad health, there is a possibility that they will not be able to do the physical duties of their job; maybe they could when they were hired though, but years later their health declined. So in your case we would also have to monitor how much a person eats and exercise because again that could affect their work and put you in jeopardy.

Overall though the post was about the revenue Marijuana has brought in that everyone in Colorado is benefiting from. The state of CO people voted in to legalize marijuana, so your case is a bit late and since it is in effect it clearly shows that your opinions are a minority of CO. Again I’d rather have CO benefit from the tax money. Because like it or not people will do drugs whether they are legal or not so why not tax them and try to use the money for positive impacts to the community.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 21st, 2016 at 07:57 AM.

Gold Member

Exactly! Never did I say an employee should be allowed to go to work high. Here is even my quote where I stated that they should be fired.

So I ask, how is this any different than alcohol? If a person comes in drunk to work they should be fired, and if they come in high they should also be fired. Yet same thing though, if a person decided to get drunk the night before, but comes in and can perform their job at satisfactory levels, why shouldn’t the person that did marijuana be the same way. Companies have ratings a reviews so it should be based on how they perform and not about what a person did in their off time because even though you do not believe it, there are many successful people who have admitted to smoking weed……here is a list of 50 of them! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5160073.html So lazy….we got Michael Phelps to Lebron James on this list. Unproductive….we got Bill gates all the way to Obama! If most “sober” people could accomplish what these guys did then I’d be more inclined to agree with you: I feel lazy and unproductive is just how some people are, drugs or not.

So really it sounds like your argument is against ALL drugs then because alcohol kills brain cells as much or more than Marijuana (that is Townies favorite subject; legalize all drugs then). So to single out Marijuana really makes me think that you are basing things on stereotypes and old school thinking. In no way does your argument mean this only happens to marijuana users. If so I’d love to go head to head to prove which is more dangerous and causes more deaths, addiction, withdrawals, and overdoses…..stats don’t lie!

Sports….really? Have you not heard of CTE and how is has been proven that hits to the head do cause major mental problems to a person. So again, to single out weed, but you would be ok with a guy that goes and spars in boxing each night and gets hit 50 times and maybe KO’s a few times, when that has been proven to make a person go crazy….many pro athletes have went crazy to the point of killing their entire family. Research CTE and Dr.Bennet Omalu’s work and then come back and say it doesn’t have a affect outside of the hobby. So in your case you would have to ban all contact sports as well so you are not in fear that what a person does outside of work will endanger you at work. Don’t even get me into health because even that has a huge impact at a work environment; people get cardiac arrest and strokes form bad health that certainly affect the brain and body. For example you talk about heavy equipment, but if a person has bad health, there is a possibility that they will not be able to do the physical duties of their job; maybe they could when they were hired though, but years later their health declined. So in your case we would also have to monitor how much a person eats and exercise because again that could affect their work and put you in jeopardy.

Overall though the post was about the revenue Marijuana has brought in that everyone in Colorado is benefiting from. The state of CO people voted in to legalize marijuana, so your case is a bit late and since it is in effect it clearly shows that your opinions are a minority of CO. Again I’d rather have CO benefit from the tax money. Because like it or not people will do drugs whether they are legal or not so why not tax them and try to use the money for positive impacts to the community.
    you are right Nate stats don't lie. Colorado is turning into the Mexico of the country. you have the drug cartels moving in next door. running drugs out of your state. but nah there is no downside to the income. lol.

and Nate did you miss the part about my random alcohol tests I have to pass? if I get drunk the night before work I could very easily lose my job.

http://empirenews.net/new-university...-brain-cancer/

oh mang!

you are right Nate stats don't lie. Colorado is turning into the Mexico of the country. you have the drug cartels moving in next door. running drugs out of your state. but nah there is no downside to the income. lol.

and Nate did you miss the part about my random alcohol tests I have to pass? if I get drunk the night before work I could very easily lose my job.

oh mang!
    Alcohol metabolizes so fast unless you were drinking 3-4 hours before your work, you WOULD NEVER FAIL. Good to feel like you are playing your part though!

The science that is missing from that empirenews article is .... astounding. They tested a whole 75 people!

oh mang!
    Cool, sucks you have a job that does that, but most jobs do not test for alcohol so your point is a small percentage.

You can keep thinking Marijuana is more dangerous than Alcohol if you like...I've already tried to convince you of this and you clearly have not listened or done your own research. It is the 3rd highest cause of death in the USA for https://talbottcampus.com/index.php/...sm-statistics/

Gold Member

Cool, sucks you have a job that does that, but most jobs do not test for alcohol so your point is a small percentage.

You can keep thinking Marijuana is more dangerous than Alcohol if you like...I've already tried to convince you of this and you clearly have not listened or done your own research. It is the 3rd highest cause of death in the USA for https://talbottcampus.com/index.php/...sm-statistics/
    omg. I'm not comparing weed to alcohol! you are always doing this!!! they are two different things that have nothing to do with eah other. NOTHING! stop using the tired argument man. you keep acting like this super plant has zero downfalls. thats my problem with weed. we ignore the negative effects blindly.

while we are at it why not compare cocaine to Tylenol?

most jobs don't? well there is like 3.5 million truck drivers. and that's just truck drivers. I'm sure that doesn't count for other cdl jobs.