Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy 420....love it or hate it CO is Benefiting (Stats)

Re: Happy 420....love it or hate it CO is Benefiting (Stats)

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    omg. I'm not comparing weed to alcohol! you are always doing this!!! they are two different things that have nothing to do with eah other. NOTHING! stop using the tired argument man. you keep acting like this super plant has zero downfalls. thats my problem with weed. we ignore the negative effects blindly.

while we are at it why not compare cocaine to Tylenol?

most jobs don't? well there is like 3.5 million truck drivers. and that's just truck drivers. I'm sure that doesn't count for other cdl jobs.
    Huh, aren't you the one bringing up alcohol drug tests
    I think you need to read the topic again...was about TAX revenue.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Huh, aren't you the one bringing up alcohol drug tests
    I think you need to read the topic again...was about TAX revenue.
    I used that as an example of things I'm tired of hearing people cry about.

oh sorry. yes let stay on topic.

WEED IS GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I used that as an example of things I'm tired of hearing people cry about.

oh sorry. yes let stay on topic.

WEED IS GREAT!
    Missing point....I'll fix it for you....weed is bring in tons of tax money for CO....period.

Gold Member

Missing point....I'll fix it for you....weed is bring in tons of tax money for CO....period.

dude weed is so awesome. I love it.

I love me a good beer….mmm, Dry Dock Apricot Ale

I do respect your opinion man, and just glad you posted and gave us something to discuss….way better than a boring no activity forum.

No worries

So I ask, how is this any different than alcohol? If a person comes in drunk to work they should be fired, and if they come in high they should also be fired. Yet same thing though, if a person decided to get drunk the night before, but comes in and can perform their job at satisfactory levels, why shouldn’t the person that did marijuana be the same way. Companies have ratings a reviews so it should be based on how they perform and not about what a person did in their off time because even though you do not believe it, there are many successful people who have admitted to smoking weed……here is a list of 50 of them! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5160073.html So lazy….we got Michael Phelps to Lebron James on this list. Unproductive….we got Bill gates all the way to Obama! If most “sober” people could accomplish what these guys did then I’d be more inclined to agree with you: I feel lazy and unproductive is just how some people are, drugs or not.

So really it sounds like your argument is against ALL drugs then because alcohol kills brain cells as much or more than Marijuana (that is Townies favorite subject; legalize all drugs then). So to single out Marijuana really makes me think that you are basing things on stereotypes and old school thinking. In no way does your argument mean this only happens to marijuana users. If so I’d love to go head to head to prove which is more dangerous and causes more deaths, addiction, withdrawals, and overdoses…..stats don’t lie!

Sports….really? Have you not heard of CTE and how is has been proven that hits to the head do cause major mental problems to a person. So again, to single out weed, but you would be ok with a guy that goes and spars in boxing each night and gets hit 50 times and maybe KO’s a few times, when that has been proven to make a person go crazy….many pro athletes have went crazy to the point of killing their entire family. Research CTE and Dr.Bennet Omalu’s work and then come back and say it doesn’t have a affect outside of the hobby. So in your case you would have to ban all contact sports as well so you are not in fear that what a person does outside of work will endanger you at work. Don’t even get me into health because even that has a huge impact at a work environment; people get cardiac arrest and strokes form bad health that certainly affect the brain and body. For example you talk about heavy equipment, but if a person has bad health, there is a possibility that they will not be able to do the physical duties of their job; maybe they could when they were hired though, but years later their health declined. So in your case we would also have to monitor how much a person eats and exercise because again that could affect their work and put you in jeopardy.

Overall though the post was about the revenue Marijuana has brought in that everyone in Colorado is benefiting from. The state of CO people voted in to legalize marijuana, so your case is a bit late and since it is in effect it clearly shows that your opinions are a minority of CO. Again I’d rather have CO benefit from the tax money. Because like it or not people will do drugs whether they are legal or not so why not tax them and try to use the money for positive impacts to the community.
    I don't disagree with you about alcohol v. marijuana. They are both the same, I guess that's why throughout all of my posts I've been referencing both marijuana and alcohol at the same time. I guess it's the whole weed cloud that no one seems to read comments completely.

You can't sit there and tell me that someone that gets drunk and I'm talking sh*t faced drunk to where they pass out, is in any condition to come to work the next morning. If it can be smelled on your breathe, then it's still in your bloodstream and you will blow a BAC should you be tested. Let me clarify, that in my realm of work, if alcohol can be smell on you. The supervisor is required to stop you from working and immediately take you in for a alcohol and drug test. If you get a complaint about it from either another co-worker or customer, then it's mandatory you'll get taken for a test by someone above your supervisor.

I've had a couple co-workers call in the next morning because they drank too much the night before and didn't feel they could function at work. Now while that is a smart and responsible thing to do(since we are all CDL holders, we can get tested at any moment), it's still a very irresponsible thing to do, because then the rest of us on the crew were left short handed and had to make up for the loss time for the worker. So the rest of us didn't' get paid extra for doing twice the work, we are just required to do the work.

You see how substance use/abuse whether it be alcohol or marijuana affects more than the user, especially in the work environment. So people can sit there and whine all you want that it's your right to drink or smoke as much as you want on your own time and not on the clock. However, if it keeps you from performing your job, then yes it affects me, if we are co-workers. Because then, I have to make up for your drunk or stoned ass... Nothing irritates me more than having to do someone's job because they can't do it.

And you're right, companies have performance evaluations or reviews that grade an employees work and base their merit pay on their production. Again, if your substance use affects your performance, then in my opinion you should get a low grade, fair is fair. At my company if you get a string of bad performance reviews, then you're terminated.

As far as sports are concerned. I'm not talking about the NFL or Pro Boxing. I'm taking about joining one of those cheesy Rec Leagues for after work fun. That's what I'm talking about when it comes to hobbies.

Since you wanted to throw NFL into the mix, I'll give you my opinion on CTE just for the hell of it. I agree, that sort of brain damage is real and apparent. However, I don't feel bad for people who get paid MILLIONS of DOLLARS to PLAY a GAME.... Look, if people are going to whine that to many smacks to the head is why you shredded your family, then that's their problem and not mine. It's a violent sport and it produces violent games.

I guess I just fail to see where I should feel bad for someone who gets paid to play a game and paid very well to do it. They get paid to do something that does absolutely nothing to help their fellow man/woman. It's a game for prima donnas, narcissists and megalomaniacs. Yeah you can sit there and say they do stuff for kids and have football camps. That's nice and I'm sure there are some good guys out there. For the most part it's about being #1 and getting paid the most. It's paid professional sports, people get paid to win, win big and decimate their competition. O.k. we're not talking Mother Teresa here..

So yeah, you want a quick opinion on paid professional sports, there it is...

You do mention that health could come into play. I'll say this, my company does recommend healthy lifestyles(as most companies do). They offer material on help with quitting tobacco, health and vitality programs, along with wellness assessments.

And just so you know, because with the exception of Townie, no one in this thread seems to have a clue about what a CDL license is and means. However, along with wellness assessments, at my company those of us that maintain CDL's are also required to go through what is called a CDL Physical every two years, or every year if you're at risk. As a CDL holder, I'm subjected to Sleep Apnea testing, which if you fail it the repercussions can be expensive and drawn out. Along with all that, we have our physicals. We have to prove the ability to lift over 100lbs, be able to some some cardiovascular stamina, get tested for high blood pressure and cholesterol. Fail any one of the things I mentioned or have an elevated risk and you can get put under a microscope for health improvement.

So there you go, you like to have discussion about topics and welcome it. Well there's my dissenting opinion about the subject at hand. I'm sure taxes are being raked in from marijuana. I'm sure schools can benefit from the infusion of added funds. But just because there is a bright side to pot doesn't mean I like it or have to accept it as right. I personally hate it and can't stand the smell of it, I think it's a gateway to legalizing other drugs(at some point, maybe way in the future) and I think it was a wrong idea for the voters to make legal.

I always look at things in life with a mindset of, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." And I believe that applies to the legalization of marijuana. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I don't disagree with you about alcohol v. marijuana. They are both the same, I guess that's why throughout all of my posts I've been referencing both marijuana and alcohol at the same time. I guess it's the whole weed cloud that no one seems to read comments completely.

You can't sit there and tell me that someone that gets drunk and I'm talking sh*t faced drunk to where they pass out, is in any condition to come to work the next morning. If it can be smelled on your breathe, then it's still in your bloodstream and you will blow a BAC should you be tested. Let me clarify, that in my realm of work, if alcohol can be smell on you. The supervisor is required to stop you from working and immediately take you in for a alcohol and drug test. If you get a complaint about it from either another co-worker or customer, then it's mandatory you'll get taken for a test by someone above your supervisor.

I've had a couple co-workers call in the next morning because they drank too much the night before and didn't feel they could function at work. Now while that is a smart and responsible thing to do(since we are all CDL holders, we can get tested at any moment), it's still a very irresponsible thing to do, because then the rest of us on the crew were left short handed and had to make up for the loss time for the worker. So the rest of us didn't' get paid extra for doing twice the work, we are just required to do the work.

You see how substance use/abuse whether it be alcohol or marijuana affects more than the user, especially in the work environment. So people can sit there and whine all you want that it's your right to drink or smoke as much as you want on your own time and not on the clock. However, if it keeps you from performing your job, then yes it affects me, if we are co-workers. Because then, I have to make up for your drunk or stoned ass... Nothing irritates me more than having to do someone's job because they can't do it.

And you're right, companies have performance evaluations or reviews that grade an employees work and base their merit pay on their production. Again, if your substance use affects your performance, then in my opinion you should get a low grade, fair is fair. At my company if you get a string of bad performance reviews, then you're terminated.

As far as sports are concerned. I'm not talking about the NFL or Pro Boxing. I'm taking about joining one of those cheesy Rec Leagues for after work fun. That's what I'm talking about when it comes to hobbies.

Since you wanted to throw NFL into the mix, I'll give you my opinion on CTE just for the hell of it. I agree, that sort of brain damage is real and apparent. However, I don't feel bad for people who get paid MILLIONS of DOLLARS to PLAY a GAME.... Look, if people are going to whine that to many smacks to the head is why you shredded your family, then that's their problem and not mine. It's a violent sport and it produces violent games.

I guess I just fail to see where I should feel bad for someone who gets paid to play a game and paid very well to do it. They get paid to do something that does absolutely nothing to help their fellow man/woman. It's a game for prima donnas, narcissists and megalomaniacs. Yeah you can sit there and say they do stuff for kids and have football camps. That's nice and I'm sure there are some good guys out there. For the most part it's about being #1 and getting paid the most. It's paid professional sports, people get paid to win, win big and decimate their competition. O.k. we're not talking Mother Teresa here..

So yeah, you want a quick opinion on paid professional sports, there it is...

You do mention that health could come into play. I'll say this, my company does recommend healthy lifestyles(as most companies do). They offer material on help with quitting tobacco, health and vitality programs, along with wellness assessments.

And just so you know, because with the exception of Townie, no one in this thread seems to have a clue about what a CDL license is and means. However, along with wellness assessments, at my company those of us that maintain CDL's are also required to go through what is called a CDL Physical every two years, or every year if you're at risk. As a CDL holder, I'm subjected to Sleep Apnea testing, which if you fail it the repercussions can be expensive and drawn out. Along with all that, we have our physicals. We have to prove the ability to lift over 100lbs, be able to some some cardiovascular stamina, get tested for high blood pressure and cholesterol. Fail any one of the things I mentioned or have an elevated risk and you can get put under a microscope for health improvement.

So there you go, you like to have discussion about topics and welcome it. Well there's my dissenting opinion about the subject at hand. I'm sure taxes are being raked in from marijuana. I'm sure schools can benefit from the infusion of added funds. But just because there is a bright side to pot doesn't mean I like it or have to accept it as right. I personally hate it and can't stand the smell of it, I think it's a gateway to legalizing other drugs(at some point, maybe way in the future) and I think it was a wrong idea for the voters to make legal.

I always look at things in life with a mindset of, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." And I believe that applies to the legalization of marijuana. Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.....
    Well if you feel they are the same I don't get why you keep acting like they should not be treated the same at the workplace. You give a instance of someone passed out drunk which is the extreme but what about the person who has a couple glasses of wine at night vs the guy who smokes a couple bowls? Are either really going to be a hazard the next day at work??? Instead you act like a person cannot be responsible and just have a few beers/bowls and instead go with these crazy examples of people too wasted to even come in to work......I've clearly said I agree that if a person is wasted on ANYTHING they should be fired.

I feel the same thing applies and if a guy smokes some bowls (or even has a few beers) and can out perform a "sober living guy" then so be it too.... Believe me it happens more than you probably realize because you seem to think all people who smoke weed are some hippies that you could clearly identify. I think you would be surprised to find out who does smoke weed that you would never expect...they are just smart enough to keep it private because there are still people like you that will judge them.

Hey I never said to feel sorry for the NFL players. If you looked into it, the issue was that the NFL has covered it up for years and put out false reports to make player believe CTE was not real or a danger like it has been proven. My point is there are many other things that can cause a person to be a hazard at work other than drugs, so why not attack those things too.

I guess same as with the NFL, you choose to get a job with a CDL that came with greater responsibilities, but it was your choice. You could quit or get another job and then you would be free from the CDL restriction they put on you.

As I said before you may hate it, but you were a minority in this state and it got passed because there were enough people that could see it should be taxed. You could always move and not have to deal with it because there are states like Wyoming that agree with your views on weed. The fact is it is already legal so bitching about it doesn't do much as we are past that point. You had your right to vote and lost.....
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 21st, 2016 at 06:41 PM.

Gold Member

Well if you feel they are the same I don't get why you keep acting like they should not be treated the same at the workplace. You give a instance of someone passed out drunk which is the extreme but what about the person who has a couple glasses of wine at night vs the guy who smokes a couple bowls? Are either really going to be a hazard the next day at work??? Instead you act like a person cannot be responsible and just have a few beers/bowls and instead go with these crazy examples of people too wasted to even come in to work......I've clearly said I agree that if a person is wasted on ANYTHING they should be fired.

I feel the same thing applies and if a guy smokes some bowls (or even has a few beers) and can out perform a "sober living guy" then so be it too.... Believe me it happens more than you probably realize because you seem to think all people who smoke weed are some hippies that you could clearly identify. I think you would be surprised to find out who does smoke weed that you would never expect...they are just smart enough to keep it private because there are still people like you that will judge them.

Hey I never said to feel sorry for the NFL players. If you looked into it, the issue was that the NFL has covered it up for years and put out false reports to make player believe CTE was not real or a danger like it has been proven. My point is there are many other things that can cause a person to be a hazard at work other than drugs, so why not attack those things too.

I guess same as with the NFL, you choose to get a job with a CDL that came with greater responsibilities, but it was your choice. You could quit or get another job and then you would be free from the CDL restriction they put on you.

As I said before you may hate it, but you were a minority in this state and it got passed because there were enough people that could see it should be taxed. You could always move and not have to deal with it because there are states like Wyoming that agree with your views on weed. The fact is it is already legal so bitching about it doesn't do much as we are past that point. You had your right to vote and lost.....
    okay switch directions.

in a free country why shouldn't a workplace be able to eliminate employees for the use of drugs/alcohol?

plus you want to talk about minority? okay well Colorado is still in the minority and against what stoners believe marijuana is still a drug and against federal laws.

just in case anyone forgets federal laws over rule state.

so lets say I still own a company in Colorado should I be forced into hiring people who don't meet my requirements for a job?

This is too much to read. Maybe we should switch to pictures instead of text.

etc...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

We made all this money from taxes but state workers such as myself aren't getting a raise this year, interesting.
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
    We made all this money from taxes but state workers such as myself aren't getting a raise this year, interesting.
    Weedhead

Dam right....from President, to richest person in America!!!!!

50 Successful Marijuana Users Who Prove The Person Matters More Than The Plant

Sorry, but the vote to legalize Marijuana is way past....try not to be so late next time!

Damn, housing is pretty cheap in Wyoming. Black Knight, you really should consider the move as you may be happier there
    http://www.zillow.com/wy/

http://norml.org/laws/item/wyoming-penalties-2

Maybe not...appears they are also becoming more Marijuana friendly too...weird all these states are doing this huh
    Bill decriminalizes less than 1 ounce of marijuana in Wyoming

Last edited by bulldog; Fri Apr 22nd, 2016 at 07:01 AM.

Sorry, I did vote and voted NO on the issue. Not my fault the majority voted to be baked, instead of being sober.

"You sow wind, and reap the storm..."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Sorry, I did vote and voted NO on the issue. Not my fault the majority voted to be baked, instead of being sober.

"You sow wind, and reap the storm..."
    Democracy is further defined as a: "government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b: "a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections."

P.S. There you go again, forgetting about how you said alcohol and weed are similar to you......yet does not sound that way because people have not been "sober" as long as alcohol has been legal in CO
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Apr 22nd, 2016 at 07:15 AM.

And just because you can, doesn't mean you should....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

And just because you can, doesn't mean you should....

Don't be a sore loser man

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    This is too much to read. Maybe we should switch to pictures instead of text.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson