Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching this season of TUF?

Anyone watching this season of TUF?

I watch most seasons when on free tv.

Funny seeing these HUGE dudes next to the tiny girls. I didn't get to watch the whole thing yet, but figured Id see who else is watching.

The girl who lost the first round but crushed her opponent with knees. That was an awesome turnaround. Khalil's body kicks were NASTY!

Maybe by the end of the season I will know how to pronounce Jerdzywrcky's name. I do like it when the coaches genuinely don't like each other. Amusing how the teams always seem to feed off of it.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Re: Anyone watching this season of TUF?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I watch most seasons when on free tv.

Funny seeing these HUGE dudes next to the tiny girls. I didn't get to watch the whole thing yet, but figured Id see who else is watching.

The girl who lost the first round but crushed her opponent with knees. That was an awesome turnaround. Khalil's body kicks were NASTY!

Maybe by the end of the season I will know how to pronounce Jerdzywrcky's name. I do like it when the coaches genuinely don't like each other. Amusing how the teams always seem to feed off of it.
    Not yet, but I have it recorded. I love these first TUF episodes as just two hours of sick fights where they put it all on the line because they know this is their big shot. I did read the winner gets a title shot, so that is new. UFC really needs some more female talent so I hope these girls work out and become part of it.

I admit I used to watch every episode of TUF, but after so many it has kind of lost its appeal to me. I still watch, but it was not like how I was for the first 5 season and waited all week to watch it live and never missed one. I guess with all of UFC they just put out so much stuff that it gets a bit saturated. I miss the days where we had a few cards, but they were stacked with huge names.

I still respect the TUF show as it gives a fighter a way to get into the UFC…that is how my buddy Brendan Schaub got in and gave him a good career in UFC for many years. The talent that has come out of TUF had been great…so many have turned into MMA legends!

I like to try to get my wife into the show with me, so we will probably watch it the weekend. She gets into the female fighters and always a bit more fun when you have someone with you all into it.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I ended up watching the whole thing last night. It was pretty good.

I only watch the free ones on TV, so maybe 1 a year? Since they change the weight classes and coaches and guys n girls, each season is a bit different (considering it is a format). Some of the girls are pretty solid. And a couple of the dudes were pretty good. There will be some solid matchups on this season.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Watched all two hours of it last night....sick fights! Some of the girls impressed me and seems like female mma is evolving fast. I like how that one girl just got the other in a Thai clinch and just went to town on her body and face. Then some of these guys are monsters....the black guy with the funny mustache looks like he could do some serious damage. Crazy the two big prospects from Albuquerque (Jacksons) got beat; they thought that black guy would win the entire show. As for the girl it was a close match and guess that is why you don't leave it up the the judges.

It is odd these two tiny ladies will be coaching these giant guys, but I am sure they have a staff that will help out too.

Thanks for recommending these....I was on the fence to watch this season, but now I am pumped. I hope you keep watching to se can continue talking about it.....way more fun that way

Yeah, I watched and thought, "Hey, if these fights are an indication, it might be a good season". I thought that the two prospects from Jacksons camp DID make it through, and they are fighting in the next episode? And the dude that was getting all the hype, lost to the very unassuming white dude who is fighting next week. The dude who lost in the first fight had some SICK tattoo work done. Apparently it takes more than abs n tats to win a fight.

Bulldog, who is gonna win? I need to find pics with names or see E2 cause I can't remember them all. But the ugliest guy on the show could win it, Andrew Sanchez. Wanna see E2 before I commit to my horses.

I figured you'd be watching, anyone else?

Was shocked by the fight results.

I am now fully on team Claudia. Joanna seems like a total a$$. Felt kind of bad for the married dude who was going to have to be in the room with the girls. 90% of the guys in their 20s would jump on that chance. That would be VERY uncomfortable, plus his religion. Cory kid seems to have a very flat personality, but maybe its just being on tv.

Now I am back to zero on who will win the season for the guys. I think the woman wrestler will win it. Not sure on the guys.

Yeah, I watched and thought, "Hey, if these fights are an indication, it might be a good season". I thought that the two prospects from Jacksons camp DID make it through, and they are fighting in the next episode? And the dude that was getting all the hype, lost to the very unassuming white dude who is fighting next week. The dude who lost in the first fight had some SICK tattoo work done. Apparently it takes more than abs n tats to win a fight.

Bulldog, who is gonna win? I need to find pics with names or see E2 cause I can't remember them all. But the ugliest guy on the show could win it, Andrew Sanchez. Wanna see E2 before I commit to my horses.

I figured you'd be watching, anyone else?
    Yeah so far I am hooked as those were some good opening fights. I didn’t catch it last night as spaced it out, but I got it recorded so the wife and I will watch it tonight.

I could be wrong as I am still learning the fighters but thought the girl from Jackson’s lost against Dan Henderson’s girl in a decision and she was a huge prospect. As for the other I think it was that black guy from Jackson who they kept calling the “next Jon Jones” as hype has been stirring about him for a while. I swore he came in and got beat by some white guy…yeah hard without names…I agree we need a list.

Yeah no idea who will win yet as way too soon to tell. Before I’d of said that “Jon Jones” black guy, but he is already out.

EDIT: Ok here was the guy they were talking about that lost, Phil Hawes http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Sherdog-

Prospect-Watch-Phil-Hawes-75417

This was the girl, Jodie Esquibel, (she had done well in Invicta and this was her shot to get into UFC) http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jodie-Esquibel-66876
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 28th, 2016 at 08:50 AM.

Best list I could find, but no pictures:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ul...m_Cl%C3%A1udia

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

No guesses on who will win the contests, but I have been watching. I like JJ quite a lot (from watching her fights) but she is not coming across very well on this season so far. If she keeps up this "being champ gives me a free card to talk shit to any and everybody" act, I'll be pulling for Claudia in their rematch.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    No guesses on who will win the contests, but I have been watching. I like JJ quite a lot (from watching her fights) but she is not coming across very well on this season so far. If she keeps up this "being champ gives me a free card to talk shit to any and everybody" act, I'll be pulling for Claudia in their rematch.

I'm already over her. I liked her before the show, not so much now..... Read an article the other day, apparently after the filming ended for the season and the cameras shut down, they went at it. Full fisticuffs etc. Can't wait for the in ring rematch.

I'm already over her. I liked her before the show, not so much now..... Read an article the other day, apparently after the filming ended for the season and the cameras shut down, they went at it. Full fisticuffs etc. Can't wait for the in ring rematch.
    Wish I could say I was excited for these two coaches fighting....but the 115pnd women's division is just not very popular...heck even the 125lb Men's division is suffering bad from getting any air play...it is why even the last PPV couldn't headline them and had to put Jones vs OSP as main fight when you had Mighty Mouse against a multi time Olympic medalist. I just can't see the 115 women's division ever headlining a card even for the title.

Only exciting thing in women's UFC right now is Cyborg! We get Cyborg to fight Holly and we may actually get a sick fight. I doubt Ronda will ever come back unless it is to fight Meisha, because she is avoiding Holly like the plague.

I do think this is the plan for UFC and why they set up Meisha to fight Amanda instead of the rematch against Holly.....Holly was winning that fight and deserved a rematch! Yet I feel the plan is to have Meisha and Amanda fight in hopes they can convince Ronda to come back to fight the winner for the title. Then they will try to keep Holly from fighting Ronda as long as possible....like they have done to avoid Conor to fight Franky!

Plus you know JoAnna and Claudia already fought once right? If I remember right it was not the most exciting fight...went to decision (split)
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 28th, 2016 at 01:33 PM.

I watched the episode last night and now I see what you mean....damn, Joanna is a b*tch! I bet she is losing a lot of fans by acting this way.....especially in Brazil after her comment "go back to the jungle"

What bugs me is she acts like she easily beat Claudia when they fought, but it was a spit decision so she doesn't have much room to act like "the greatest". I am also team Caludia now too.

So now I am getting more pumped! I'll have to go rewatch their old fight and remember how it was.

The fight with the guys last night was good. Cheap of Joanna to choose the guy that was injured to fight, so I am glad he won! Just goes to show you never know what can happen....

Anyone see the main event for

Another really good fight this past week. And what kind of things did you have to do to get the ultimatum, "come home or I am divorcing you" ? Pretty serious domestic drama.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I watched the episode last night and now I see what you mean....damn, Joanna is a b*tch! I bet she is losing a lot of fans by acting this way.....especially in Brazil after her comment "go back to the jungle"

Between the you must show me respect, and offering none back for a woman who just almost beat her, and then being such an antogonistic child.... lost me. It was a lot like watching the Tate - Rousey season. I like seeing how they behave for extended time, helps get a better feel for what kind of person they are.

Another really good fight this past week. And what kind of things did you have to do to get the ultimatum, "come home or I am divorcing you" ? Pretty serious domestic drama.
    Yeah, so far been some good fights…I am still watching them all! The thing that bugs me the most about the “come home or I am divorcing you” is this was the same “highly religious” guy that would not sleep in the same room as the women because of his religious beliefs…..then this comes out and seems pretty clear he cheated on his wife. Maybe it is something else, but the way he is acting and how he replies tells me he cheated.

Between the you must show me respect, and offering none back for a woman who just almost beat her, and then being such an antogonistic child.... lost me. It was a lot like watching the Tate - Rousey season. I like seeing how they behave for extended time, helps get a better feel for what kind of person they are.
    Yeah she acts like she dominated the fight, yet it was a split decision between her and Claudia. Not to mention Joanna has only fought 6 times in the UFC and 3 of those went down to decisions, so I don’t get her “respect” talk like she is some veteran. Joanna has just acted like a baby and so unprofessional that it has totally made me not respect her as a person…..glad her team keeps losing

I feel you man, and same as the Rousey vs Tate episode it has really made me see for myself how they act. I actually went in to the Rousey TUF as a fan, but left not liking her at all after. She made excuses they put her in a bad light, but to me it was pretty clear she is a b*tch. And then on other hand it made me like Tate. Way back in day I remember Tito was a coach of TUF and there was so much talk of him being this horrible person. I watched that episode and thought Tito was great and probably one of the best coaches that has been on show.

I think that J.J. (not unlike Rousey) fights and competes from a source where she is basically "angry" about the situation. Not to say their technical talent is not incredible also but I think at the core, they are both women who execute their flavor of pain and dirty work best in the octagon, when they are pissed off so-to-speak. When it's personal they feel it brings out their A-game.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that is why both women when confronted with someone they see as a threat (and of course when forced to be in close proximity 24x7, a la TUF) they need to act out and often go 100-mode bitch. Don't doubt that there is very precise editing that is intentionally shown to us and sure, all fighters psych themselves to eventually go at it and defend themselves but when gals like this are filming instead of fighting and trying to wreck this other girl, I think they think they're just keeping their edge. Ronda Rousey wears it (like everything else) brightly and I think we're learning it now also about Joanna Jedrzejczyk. I'd never seen this kind of mean-girl posturing from her in any previous interviews but there you have it. As long as they continue to be human wood-chippers in the UFC women's divisions, they'll be stars.

Bitch Edge. I should trademark that as the name of a perfume.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon May 23rd, 2016 at 01:53 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I think that J.J. (not unlike Rousey) fights and competes from a source where she is basically "angry" about the situation. Not to say their technical talent is not incredible also but I think at the core, they are both women who execute their flavor of pain and dirty work best in the octagon, when they are pissed off so-to-speak. When it's personal they feel it brings out their A-game.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that is why both women when confronted with someone they see as a threat (and of course when forced to be in close proximity 24x7, a la TUF) they need to act out and often go 100-mode bitch. Don't doubt that there is very precise editing that is intentionally shown to us and sure, all fighters psych themselves to eventually go at it and defend themselves but when gals like this are filming instead of fighting and trying to wreck this other girl, I think they think they're just keeping their edge. Ronda Rousey wears it (like everything else) brightly and I think we're learning it now also about Joanna Jedrzejczyk. I'd never seen this kind of mean-girl posturing from her in any previous interviews but there you have it. As long as they continue to be human wood-chippers in the UFC women's divisions, they'll be stars.

Bitch Edge. I should trademark that as the name of a perfume.
    From what I have seen on the show, it is always JJ that is starting stuff….I don’t really see the attitude with Claudia other than when JJ gets in her face or makes some comment. About the only thing I can think of that Claudia has really done is not shake JJ’s hand after that last fight……and again JJ, had to make a big deal of it after when she could have let it go.

See even on that weigh in I see Claudia being professional with her hands behind her back, then JJ bends down all stupid and gets right in her face; props to Claudia for sticking up for herself.

Naw Barn, Joanne is known for this and caused a bunch of drama when she told Valerie Letourneau “this is your last fight bitch”.
    http://www.mmamania.com/2015/11/13/9...-melbourne-mma

Well I never said that J.J. hasn't been a bitch before or even that it hasn't been documented, I just said I hadn't particularly noticed it in her post-fights and desk interview, etc.... This season of tough has obviously been a pretty clear expose` of that.

I think you may have misunderstood my use of "both women" in the above.... I was still talking about Rousey and J.J., not Claudia and J.J. Gadelha is definitely a composed pro.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon May 23rd, 2016 at 02:43 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

It is this maniacal obsession with respect. That behavior in anyone really grates on me. Just constantly being obsessed with someone/everyone respecting you indicates a huge amount of insecurity, which is ALSO an irritating behavior trait. JJ also goes out of her way to be a PITA and then acts pissed about the respect thing. Like when they were walking into the main room and she goes out of her way to use her peripheral vision to get in front of Claudia and then slow down trying to start some stupid verbal. Not only does Claudia seem to handle it with grace, the way she carries herself has made her even sexier. We get it JJ, you won, you are the champ. For now. But when you lose, don't go on some tailspin about wanting to kill yourself and say you want your boyfriend to put a baby in you.

Re the home or divorce. Sure seems to be a cheating issue but they only hinted at it, it still could be anything. I think the dude is Muslim and married, so he was using that angle to not stay in the room. I don't blame him, esp the issue was recent infidelity. Wonder if he will change his mind int he coming episodes and bail.

Well I never said that J.J. hasn't been a bitch before or even that it hasn't been documented, I just said I hadn't particularly noticed it in her post-fights and desk interview, etc.... This season of tough has obviously been a pretty clear expose` of that.

I think you may have misunderstood my use of "both women" in the above.... I was still talking about Rousey and J.J., not Claudia and J.J. Gadelha is definitely a composed pro.
    Ok, I got you….think you were going for the “they like to fight out of anger”. I’ve never been a fan of fighting out of anger as I feel it clouds the mind and makes your emotions make decisions. I know people like Rousey and JJ seems to have to hate their opponent, but I am not so sure it works that great. For example I felt that Rousey went in hating Holmes (arguably one of the nicest fighters out there) and it got her to think she could go in and box with Holly instead of playing the smarter “ground” game. So it makes me wonder if Rousey just let her temper get the best of her and that led to her ego thinking she was going to outbox Holly. Although it has worked before for Rousey.

I kind of go back and forth how I feel about the sh*t talking, because it does make it exciting and sells fights, but on the other hand it makes MMA one step closer to WWE rather than a real sport like NFL. The entire “Matt Brown” incident on the last fight got pretty carried away! You guys see that….Brazilians were doing their normal “death chant” to Brown at weigh ins so he flipped them off. Next day walking down the aisle to his fight he got hit by 3 fans; one pulling his hoody. Then after the fight one of his ex-Brazilian trainers punched Matt in the back of the head and ran….Brown’s entourage caught him and beat him up. So I go to see the reviews of the epic “Werdum vs Stippe” fight and instead just see this drama. Again, making MMA like a WWE circus.

It is this maniacal obsession with respect. That behavior in anyone really grates on me. Just constantly being obsessed with someone/everyone respecting you indicates a huge amount of insecurity, which is ALSO an irritating behavior trait. JJ also goes out of her way to be a PITA and then acts pissed about the respect thing. Like when they were walking into the main room and she goes out of her way to use her peripheral vision to get in front of Claudia and then slow down trying to start some stupid verbal. Not only does Claudia seem to handle it with grace, the way she carries herself has made her even sexier. We get it JJ, you won, you are the champ. For now. But when you lose, don't go on some tailspin about wanting to kill yourself and say you want your boyfriend to put a baby in you.

Re the home or divorce. Sure seems to be a cheating issue but they only hinted at it, it still could be anything. I think the dude is Muslim and married, so he was using that angle to not stay in the room. I don't blame him, esp the issue was recent infidelity. Wonder if he will change his mind int he coming episodes and bail.
    I agree and the “respect” thing is annoying….especially since she is nowhere near a legend like she acts. Heck I never even saw a person like GSP acting this way…which is funny because to me that deserves more respect. Like you said when people have to need validation it is usually a sign of insecurity, so I wonder if JJ is realizing how close that fight was with Claudia last time and is a bit worried. I hope Claudia does win…will be interesting to see if JJ does a Ronda and run from the ring and not even do an interview; that made me lose mad respect for Ronda because she had beat many girls and they stuck in the ring after and showed the respect of being beaten.

Hopefully we find out more about the Muslim guy this week, but I can’t see it being anything else other than cheating. I guess to me, talk is cheap and a guy can act “religious” and play that card, but then actually follow what you preach. I am married and I just couldn’t cheat on my girl because of how I’d feel if she did it to me, so this guy did lose some respect from me…..everyone makes mistakes though, so I don’t hate the guy.

SPOILERS!!!!

Man I was sad to see JJ's team won a fight, I really wanted her to be swept. Which is sad, cause I like a number of her fighters.

Pretty surprised that the fight for Cory was put last. By chance or intent, glad he might get to heal before the fight, however I don't think I see him beating Stansbury. Lots of really good semi- final match ups.

"Friends Hurting Friends"
    Definitely one of the best episodes of the entire TUF series. And I don't just mean of the season, but ever! Great episode though... This has been one of the best seasons I think.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Def looking forward to FS1 fights tonight. Good card to close out the season. And then a solid UFC200 on Sat. Even decided to camp next weekend so I could watch the fights this weekend.