Thread: Prince has died at age 57

Prince has died at age 57

The musician known to the world as Prince has died, according to multiple sources. Prince's body was discovered this morning in his Paisley Park home. He was 57 years old.
    One of the most influential musicians in pop, Prince produced 39 studio albums over the span of his decades-long career, selling more than 100 million copies and influencing countless genres. He enjoyed a recent revival with his Art Official Age album in 2014, and was at work on a memoir, tentatively titled Beautiful Ones.

This past Friday, Prince's private plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Illinois, reportedly because Prince had the flu. The following Saturday he invited fans to his home in Minnesota for a dance party, during which Prince showed off his new purple piano. ""Wait a few days before you waste any prayers," he said, according to the Star Tribune.

http://www.fox9.com/news/128500293-story
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Prince has died at age 57

Dang, no love for Prince I see; the guy was like one of the biggest players of our days!

Oh well...well prince...RIP. I will always be jealous of all the hot women you got to be with

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I was pretty shocked to hear this news, I always kind of figured that Prince was immortal. Very few people have something that changes the landscape of their art, and Prince was one of them. Just like David Bowie before him.

I've been funking out to Prince tracks all day...
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Three days I will remember for my entire life where I was when I found out the news: A: Sept 11 2001, B: Michael Jackson's Death, C: Prince's death. Oh yeah, and this guy called Paul Walker..

I wouldn't ever really call myself a huge fan of either MJ or Prince, but something about being an 80s-90s child must have to do with these being big deals. I'm also from Minnesota so there's that as well. Shitty day

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Prince who?

I was shocked about it too. My son, who is only 15, texted me about it from school. I was like, "You don't even know Prince, why would you care?! I WAS THE ONE GETTING LAID TO PURPLE RAIN, not you."

Yea... sad

Oh that prince. Please remove your raspberry berets in honor of the departed. Great artist for sure.

Weed.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Weed.
    It's what's for dinner.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Marijuana is bad for you mmmkay....

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Prince who?
    This may be more up your alley....since she may be part Asian and made adult films

Wrestler, entertainer Chyna is dead at 45

He's not dead, he's just now known as "The Artist Formerly Known As Alive."

And Chyna is getting buried in a coffin with a glass top. It'll be known as the Chyna Cabinet.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    This may be more up your alley....since she may be part Asian and made adult films

Wrestler, entertainer Chyna is dead at 45

Wife mentioned that. She was a tough man..

They are doing the autopsies today on Prince. I am curious because all that seemed wrong was he had the flu.

Yep a flu. Went to hospital and released after 3 hours.

I just heard on radio they think it was a percocet overdose!

He never had the flu. The emergency landing in Moline, for the hospital was for a drug overdose (prescription opiate...probably Oxy...). Checked himself out against their wishes after 3 hours. But that episode was like 6 days before his death, so that particular overdose wouldn't have been the actual cause of death, per se. I'm guessing it was a second overdose that was complicated by the body still recovering from the first one. These prescription drugs are a big problem. My mom died from an overdose (on purpose) of Xanax, a few years ago. My dad was addicted to Oxy/Percocet for over 20 years. He would take between 15 and 20 pills a day, and they finally killed him a couple months ago.

As for Prince, I was a fan. Sad to see him gone. Most people didn't realize what a true master he was with a guitar. Right up there with Hendrix and SRV....All the greats seem to get taken from us too soon.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
    He never had the flu. The emergency landing in Moline, for the hospital was for a drug overdose (prescription opiate...probably Oxy...). Checked himself out against their wishes after 3 hours. But that episode was like 6 days before his death, so that particular overdose wouldn't have been the actual cause of death, per se. I'm guessing it was a second overdose that was complicated by the body still recovering from the first one. These prescription drugs are a big problem. My mom died from an overdose (on purpose) of Xanax, a few years ago. My dad was addicted to Oxy/Percocet for over 20 years. He would take between 15 and 20 pills a day, and they finally killed him a couple months ago.

As for Prince, I was a fan. Sad to see him gone. Most people didn't realize what a true master he was with a guitar. Right up there with Hendrix and SRV....All the greats seem to get taken from us too soon.
    Christ man, so sorry to hear about your family. Pills are soooo insidious.

Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Christ man, so sorry to hear about your family. Pills are soooo insidious.
    I've seen lives ruined by Oxy. One my best friend was a ambitious smart guy then he got in a motorcycle accident and was prescribed Oxy for his pain. He got addicted fast and neve could kick the habit and eventually went to heroin since it is basically the same thing.

Crazy how powerful opiate addictions are!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince
    Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

RIP Prince. Def grew up with his music. And now we are seeing all the articles about all the other songs he wrote and was performed by others. Holy cow what an amazing talent.

Who else do you consider in the same category as "musical genius" in recent years?
    Freddy Mercury? David Bowie?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR