Thread: How Can I Stay Busy This Summer?

How Can I Stay Busy This Summer?

School gets out at the end of May, and I don't have jack to do until mid-August. I'm planning on riding as much as I can, but I have a bum knee that is healing, so I don't know how that's going to work.

I used to be into SCUBA diving, but all my old diving friends moved out of the area, and my gear has been sitting in a locker for almost 2 years now. If I got back into it, I would have to get everything inspected and certified, and I would want to take a refresher open water course.

My other options are to get a summer job delivering parts or something, or to just work out at the gym and hang around the pool.

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

Re: How Can I Stay Busy This Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    School gets out at the end of May, and I don't have jack to do until mid-August. I'm planning on riding as much as I can, but I have a bum knee that is healing, so I don't know how that's going to work.

I used to be into SCUBA diving, but all my old diving friends moved out of the area, and my gear has been sitting in a locker for almost 2 years now. If I got back into it, I would have to get everything inspected and certified, and I would want to take a refresher open water course.

My other options are to get a summer job delivering parts or something, or to just work out at the gym and hang around the pool.
    That last option sounds perfect.

The biggest problem with the last option is there's no money in it, and I've been looking at a new bike and a new truck.

I think Performance Cycle of Colorado is generally hiring over the summer for seasonal jobs.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Not sure how bad your injury is, but the more rehab you put into it now the better it will be latter; I know from experience. So saying that, I'd concentrate on that knee and doing as much as you can to strengthen it now that you have the time. A lot of people slack on physical therapy and years late regret it (I did this on a broken hip at at 18...wish I'd of done more as caused a lot of issues in my back and that is one of the main reasons I am so into physical fitness to this day).

Swimming is a great way to rehab a leg/knee, but of course check with you doctor. I just did a few sessions of PT then memorized the workouts or found more online and continue it myself as the gym. If not the leg, then get your core and upper body conditioned now that you have the chance. I know I feel better by accomplishing something and working out always makes me feel that way.

P.S. Tore my meniscus in knee two years ago and have rehabbed it back to normal with no surgery. Same with a torn rotator cuff...told I needed surgery, but read how people did PT instead, so went that route and I am now back to benching super heavy. For my back issues I concentrate on my core as you would be shocked how much a strong core relieves pressure on the back muscles. If you need any help PM me.....

Here is a good one that takes about 4-6 weeks http://orthoinfo.org/PDFs/Rehab_Knee_6.pdf
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Apr 26th, 2016 at 08:11 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

i would say start looking now for promo jobs if you don't want to work all summer
    i use to do this the pay is good and usually fun gigs i did Xbox one summer, the mountain dew tour, riot fest, warp tour etc
    all you do is demo or hand out stuff. most the other people are younger college people and since they make you send head shots are pretty good looking and fun
    also free SWAG, you work 2 or 3 days wait for next promo
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Good suggestions. My knee is getting a lot better. I had a great doctor who used a high-tech procedure to rebuild everything, and physical therapy has been going great. I am way ahead of where the doc expected.

I'll look into the job suggestions. If I was back to 100% I think it would be great to be a white water rafting guide in Canon City or be a dive guide in Cozumel - but I'd settle for anything that gets me out of the house and puts a few bucks in my pocket.