Thread: Heads up on 6th Ave

Heads up on 6th Ave

Thanks to my cranky old fawker neighbors complaining to Lakewood PD, they have instituted increased speed enforcement on 6th ave. A thread was started on the neighborhood forum by someone bitching and moaning about the "crotch rockets" racing up and down 6th ave and it turned into a total pile-on bitch-fest by pretty much everybody about how awful they are. The community activist types with connections to council members, etc got the word to LPD and they responded with these increased special patrols. Stupid thing is this wasn't a result of anyone actually witnessing this apparently dangerous behavior, this was all about the noise they are hearing by people who live close to the freeway (duh, you bought a house next to the freeway!), and that turned into speed enforcement when it should be noise abatement. Another example of loud exhaust pissing off enough people resulting in screwing the MC community. Queue the loud pipes save lives comments.

Here's the post that LPD made:
    "The Lakewood Police Department has been receiving ongoing complaints from residents regarding the excessive speed and associated noise of some vehicles traveling on 6th Ave. Although the issue most likely occurs on any given day & time, most complaints indicate the issue increases on weekends. As a result of resident's complaints, members of the Lakewood Police Department's Traffic Unit will begin increased monitoring and enforcement of vehicular speed this weekend. The additional directed speed enforcement on 6th Ave. will continue for at least the next several weekends. The Lakewood Police Department urges you to drive safely."

On a side note, I saw a guy fully splitting lanes on 6th ave this morning, first time I've ever seen anyone doing that here. I smiled and can only imagine how indignantly pissed off all the cagers must have been.

Discuss among yourselves. It's been slow as hell around here lately so as a lurker I've been forced to post something...
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    76 Toyota Landcruiser Rockcrawler
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Re: Heads up on 6th Ave

Seems to me like driving the speed limit will make for a distinct and sustained reduction in Law Enforcement contacts.

I've said it before I'll say it again, I have no problems with lane splitting. I doubt many of my co-workers share my thoughts.

I live close to Academy Blvd in Springs. I used to street race every Friday and Saturday in Springs when I grew up, I'll always have a soft spot for it. On Friday evenings, there's nothing I love more than relaxing on my back porch with a beer and fire pit, listening to the street racers. I love the noise some of those cars make. Most my neighbors would not agree.

Take it to the track. People complain, we react. There's a gigantic whiteboard in the hallway dedicated to it.
    Last edited by Aaron; Tue May 10th, 2016 at 01:14 AM.

We moved to the Springs 6 months ago. Our place is just off South Nevada, near For Carson. I think people mistake it for a race track; I swear some cars are going 80 trying to make a yellow light. I think the average speed down here is at least 30 over the posted speed limit. Every trip to Home Depot feels like Talladega Nights has become a sitcom I live in.

I always love it when people move to areas close to highways and airports and then start bitching about the noise....f
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

whats funny is you think this is NEW they do a news story about it once a year. Lakewood does an announcement they trap from the court house to union going East, and from wads to colfax going west
    they do not trap between Wads and sheridan both ways due to the sound wall. they normally set bikes by garrison st. and cars by union
    the last 8 years there has been complaints of road noise of loud vehicals and bikes. plus speed issues.
    they usually start strong 2 to 3 weeks right around grad time and 2 times in the summer
    and with the construction not done some of there spots they trap from they cant park to do it(reason we didnt see it last year) so its huff n puff for people that go to council meetings and bitch on the forum they want but dont want taxes to go up to fund it

Thats all the funding they have for it, same with DUI check points they have Limited Funding they can only do it a few times
    and they always post about it
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

We were on our way to Utah on 6 when I realized I forgot my sleeping bag. I quickly took the first exit off of that I saw just to turn around. Sure enough, there's a few squad cars and a bike cop in the middle of the street at the exit point clocking and ticketing everybody coming off of the freeway because of complaints from neighbors about people speeding or whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    there's nothing I love more than relaxing on my back porch with a beer and fire pit, listening to the street racers. I love the noise some of those cars make. Most my neighbors would not agree.
    gf loves it when I become completely silent and distracted mid conversation when I hear someone ripping down 104th, always wondering what kinda bike/car it could be..

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Yeah cause the "crotch rockets" are the only ones hauling ass and causing noise biased much? I've seen more Harley/bobber/cruiser riders split in between traffic and be obnoxious that some of us and yeah sure there's those groups out there that ride like assholes. But yeah much agreed with EZ there, why move close to a highway then if you're hitching about noise, at 65mph+ anything sounds loud.... fucking idiots.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Ya, the most frustrating part about the ranting on my neighborhood forum was that NOBODY talked of any witnessed speeding. They all heard "noise" from "crotch rockets" and immediately concluded that they were "speeding, reckless, going to kill someone, dangerous, etc, etc". All from hearing the exhaust, really??!!
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    76 Toyota Landcruiser Rockcrawler
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Quote Originally Posted by teamextreme View Post
    Ya, the most frustrating part about the ranting on my neighborhood forum was that NOBODY talked of any witnessed speeding. They all heard "noise" from "crotch rockets" and immediately concluded that they were "speeding, reckless, going to kill someone, dangerous, etc, etc". All from hearing the exhaust, really??!!
    yea, but come on. when I hear a bike shift through a few gears at above 10k RPMS on 104th or federal, I think we all know even with sprockets that bike has to be doing well over 100

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    yea, but come on. when I hear a bike shift through a few gears at above 10k RPMS on 104th or federal, I think we all know even with sprockets that bike has to be doing well over 100
    That kinda stuff gives me a hard-on from a mile away!!
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

As somebody who both lives in this area and enjoys the sound, I too find it ridiculous to be woken up by the traffic from Bandimere's test and tune's Sunday and Wednesday nights... There is no reason what so ever to run the vehicle up and down through the rev range on a straight road at midnight. Even coming off of 470 onto 6th does not warrant any sort of crazy revving. I'm not saying I'm expecting it to be quiet at my house, just some level of respect shown.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Soooo tempted to suggest a group "cruising" ride, up & down 6th Ave, at the speed limit, where everyone is in 1st or 2nd gear.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

lol yeah test n tune and early sunday thunder days at bandamire wake my entire community where i live. shit even concerts traffic can be heard. im right off of c470 between Morrison n Alameda

I was on 6th ave both sat n sunday and no cops at all my radar didnt even blink till i got to the sound wall between wads n sheridan it picks up the gate sensors from the storage place

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

you hear more people flying up Alameda at night then on 6th ave. poor people at the top of the hill

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr