Thread: Trading cars (or bikes) short term

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trading cars (or bikes) short term

Maybe this thread could become a sort of marketplace for people to trial cars or bikes if people have the same tastes..

I'm not into wasting peoples time on craigslist or at a dealer. Not gonna ask to check out a bike just to sit on, or go to a dealer to test drive a car (then they get your number and keep bothering you if you don't buy..)

I've rented plenty of exotics, but never gotten to drive a more practical 335i, Evo and like I said I don't want to be dealing with a dealership just to try it out. I recently discovered Turo so today I'm renting a 6MT WRX STi, but I'm sure the guy renting was hoping on renting it for a week, not a day. Hardly seems worth their time but business is business and I hope it's fun!

So seems like there could be a need to find people who want to trade and try other cars/bikes. Good/bad idea? I would just think we each take a copy of drivers license and insurance before the ride. I know going to meets and track days will help a lot, but you know people are lazy and would love to do it the online way

While on the subject, if any of this sounds good to people maybe post details/pics about what you have to offer and what you're looking for. I have a GSXR 750 and a R6 but I feel like I need to try a liter bike someday while I still ride. And if you have basically anything with 3 pedals, I'd trade my G37 or TSX for a test ride. Or if you need a truck for a day, I have a F150..
    Last edited by GMR; Thu May 12th, 2016 at 06:09 AM.

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)