www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Re: Dovizioso stays with Ducati

Yep

So the field for next year is getting settled. Where is Iannone going to end up?
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Iannone "may" land at Suzuki but there's also word that Rins may come up from Moto2 and take that seat so he's kind of on the verge of maybe even leaving MotoGP and maybe landing a seat on WSBK if anything but guess time will tell more towards the end of the season.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Iannone "may" land at Suzuki but there's also word that Rins may come up from Moto2 and take that seat so he's kind of on the verge of maybe even leaving MotoGP and maybe landing a seat on WSBK if anything but guess time will tell more towards the end of the season.
    In my opinion it would be a shame for Iannone to be relegated to WSBK. He's way too fast to be let go to another championship. I think Suzuki would do themselves a great service and sign him ASAP.

This is pure speculation. But since it hasn't been 100% confirmed that Vinales is going to Yamaha. It wouldn't surprise me if Yamaha may have been stalling out just to see how Ducati would play their hand. Iannone is way faster than Vinales and is also a proven podium contender. He just crashes a lot and that's Iannone's downfall. But I could see Yamaha picking up Iannone for the second seat.

Now if you ask me who I see developing into a faster and more consistent rider with a possible championship aspiration. I'd pick Vinales over Iannone. I think Vinales will develop into a very fast rider and is already what I would call a "minor alien". He's in the same class as Iannone and Dovi at the moment. The three guys that are right there on the cusp of being in the "alien" category full time.

I think Suzuki should dump A. Espargaro and pick up Rins for the second seat. The only thing I have against Rins at this moment, is he is demanding to talk only to Factory teams. He's not even interested in a satellite team. Which I think is rather bold and someone narcissistic. Yeah he may be leading in Moto2, but you ain't sh*t until you hit the premier class, and he's not there yet. Look at Tito Rabat, I would have thought he'd have more speed than he does here in MotoGP(especially since he did so well in Moto2) but he's struggling big time in the top class. A lot of people think Sam Lowes will do well in MotoGP but if he's anything like his brother on big bikes, he's going to suck.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Tue May 17th, 2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: damn typos!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

There's been about 20 websites that "confirmed" that Viņales signed but well as we all know until it hits MotoGP.com it may be nothing but bullshit At this time anything is open in that end until the press conference Thursday which is when they'll supposedly make it official but we'll see. Iannone at this point is out of options if indeed Suzuki aims for Rins as its being said (speculation too). Only other "factory seat" open will be KTM and we'll they're nowhere near as competitive and he's shown to have the pace and rhythm. All of this just came at a very unlucky time for him unfortunately, not sure what satellite teams will pick him up or if he'll even accept any offers from any other teams other than Suzuki if Viņales did end up that seat at Yamaha.
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue May 17th, 2016 at 05:46 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    There's been about 20 websites that "confirmed" that Viņales signed but well as we all know until it hits MotoGP.com it may be nothing but bullshit At this time anything is open in that end until the press conference Thursday which is when they'll supposedly make it official but we'll see. Iannone at this point is out of options if indeed Suzuki aims for Rins as its being said (speculation too). Only other "factory seat" open will be KTM and we'll they're nowhere near as competitive and he's shown to have the pace and rhythm. All of this just came at a very unlucky time for him unfortunately, not sure what satellite teams will pick him up or if he'll even accept any offers from any other teams other than Suzuki if Viņales did end up that seat at Yamaha.
    Yeah, just like the 20 websites that were calling it for Pedrosa at Yamaha. I think we'll wait til the fat lady sings on this one. Lorenzo's move to Ducati was all but confirmed and there wasn't a ton of speculation with that move. I mean even Davide Brivio let it slip at one of the interviews Dylan Gray does during Free Practice. I think everyone knew Lorenzo was destined to leave Yamaha, so it was a given.

It is a bummer for Iannone at the moment, his actions haven't helped him this season. I think if he doesn't land a Suzuki ride, he'd not ride for a satellite team. He's proven he's fast enough for podiums with a good bike under him. He won't get a sniff of the podium on a satellite bike and I think he knows this...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Most definitely too much talent for a satellite team. Everything will come down to other signings and how the rest of the season goes.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

According to crash.net, Iannone will go to Suzuki. Both announcements from Viņales and Iannone to come at the press conference http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/23047...cati-snub.html
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1