Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle lapping day June 13th at Pueblo

Re: Motorcycle lapping day June 13th at Pueblo

Well this sucks. Looks like there will not be too many lapping days at PMP if this is any indication.

3/4 of this is her own fault, but I agree with you, if we don't get attendance up they'll stop altogether and focus on that damned 1/4mi.

They need to understand that car or bike only days during the week, and possibly even on weekends, simply aren't going to fly. She needs to combine them, make that clear from the get-go, and organize the events more.

Second, they need to advertise. Many of us don't check the motorsports website often, and our only other method of hearing about it is here. If I were them, I'd have an account on every local car/bike forum out there. You guys will notice when someone posts about a trackday on this forum, it entices others to join since they know they're friends will be there. Not that I'm friends with any of you schmucks, but I know where you'll all be at once so I can show up and tell you how much faster I am than you all at once instead of individually. Then we can go ride, but I'll go slow to save gas.

Lastly, I think some sort of enticement to get new-comers in would be a good idea. Maybe give first-timers a cut on the price, or offer a discount if I bring along a friend who has his first time at the track. I got pushed into going by all of you morons, and now I'm addicted. After every trackday I contemplate selling my street plastics and quitting the street completely. Getting newcomers on the track is absolutely key to their success and growth, and right now they are doing absolutely nothing for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    3/4 of this is her own fault, but I agree with you, if we don't get attendance up they'll stop altogether and focus on that damned 1/4mi.

They need to understand that car or bike only days during the week, and possibly even on weekends, simply aren't going to fly. She needs to combine them, make that clear from the get-go, and organize the events more.

Second, they need to advertise. Many of us don't check the motorsports website often, and our only other method of hearing about it is here. If I were them, I'd have an account on every local car/bike forum out there. You guys will notice when someone posts about a trackday on this forum, it entices others to join since they know they're friends will be there. Not that I'm friends with any of you schmucks, but I know where you'll all be at once so I can show up and tell you how much faster I am than you all at once instead of individually. Then we can go ride, but I'll go slow to save gas.

Lastly, I think some sort of enticement to get new-comers in would be a good idea. Maybe give first-timers a cut on the price, or offer a discount if I bring along a friend who has his first time at the track. I got pushed into going by all of you morons, and now I'm addicted. After every trackday I contemplate selling my street plastics and quitting the street completely. Getting newcomers on the track is absolutely key to their success and growth, and right now they are doing absolutely nothing for that.
    Yeah I just jumped on this morning to see if we have more attendees. We had 10 last night, now there are only 9, WTF!!! At least the old management would run the track day even with only a handful of people doing the track day.

This is disappointing to say the very least.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Well even though it does say it on their website. I'll still be a little pissed off as I'm taking the day off work to hit up the track. So now, I'll be burning a day off for no reason. Guess I'll go into work if they do cancel.
    I wish I had a super rich "friend" who could just pay the day rental fee for Pueblo to guarantee the track day. Know anyone?
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    I wish I had a super rich "friend" who could just pay the day rental fee for Pueblo to guarantee the track day. Know anyone?
    Really when you look at it. We had 10 people who had registered. Which means that someone backed out but they still paid their money. So if everyone paid for a full day of riding. That's $1500 already paid. If everyone did just a half day(which is what I did), then we have $1000. That's still a good bit of money paid by everyone, to go ahead and open the track to run. They've got $1000-$1500 in monies paid, so in my opinion, I'd run the track day.

But 15 is their policy so let's see what happens. Yes, I wish I had the disposable income to just rent the track for the day and ride.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Really when you look at it. We had 10 people who had registered. Which means that someone backed out but they still paid their money. So if everyone paid for a full day of riding. That's $1500 already paid. If everyone did just a half day(which is what I did), then we have $1000. That's still a good bit of money paid by everyone, to go ahead and open the track to run. They've got $1000-$1500 in monies paid, so in my opinion, I'd run the track day.

But 15 is their policy so let's see what happens. Yes, I wish I had the disposable income to just rent the track for the day and ride.
    You have to consider the profit vs loss for a track day. I have no idea what it cost to have a gate worker, corner crew, and an ambulance for the day but I bet 10-15 people doesn't give PMP much of a profit margin.

Looks like it got cancelled.
    Moving on to HPR now. I don't want to go to HPR. HPR is too much of a point and shoot track. Pueblo flows really nice between 1 and 8. Also Pueblo is only 45 minutes away compared to 2 hours for HPR. I am just complaining now and was hoping to ride tomorrow.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

Gari is super open to suggestions. Everyone send her an email with some kind suggestions.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

You have to consider the profit vs loss for a track day. I have no idea what it cost to have a gate worker, corner crew, and an ambulance for the day but I bet 10-15 people doesn't give PMP much of a profit margin.

Looks like it got cancelled.
    Moving on to HPR now. I don't want to go to HPR. HPR is too much of a point and shoot track. Pueblo flows really nice between 1 and 8. Also Pueblo is only 45 minutes away compared to 2 hours for HPR. I am just complaining now and was hoping to ride tomorrow.
    So where do I find on the site that I have a $100 credit for this??? I remember reading about it somewhere on the site. I'd like to either get the credit or a Full Refund. Honestly, it will be hard for me to hit up PMP again if they can't get their shit together and do track days.

I'm with you, I'd much rather ride PMP as it's about 45 minutes travel for me, compared to 2 hour drive to HPR. However, I do believe this was the final straw with Pueblo. If they can't do a track day with 10 guys, then f**k em!! They won't be getting my business in the future.

:EDIT:
    nevermind, I just went to their site and contacted them directly over a refund. I'll await their response.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 12th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

So where do I find on the site that I have a $100 credit for this??? I remember reading about it somewhere on the site. I'd like to either get the credit or a Full Refund. Honestly, it will be hard for me to hit up PMP again if they can't get their shit together and do track days.

I'm with you, I'd much rather ride PMP as it's about 45 minutes travel for me, compared to 2 hour drive to HPR. However, I do believe this was the final straw with Pueblo. If they can't do a track day with 10 guys, then f**k em!! They won't be getting my business in the future.

:EDIT:
    nevermind, I just went to their site and contacted them directly over a refund. I'll await their response.
    When you go to register for another track day at PMP or HPR you sill see your credit at checkout. It is weird. You can't see your credit on your account until you are about to checkout for another day. HPR uses the same system so you should see the credit if you register for an HPR day.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

It usually takes her a couple days to issue the credits. She might do a refund, but they are hesitant to do that.

Black Night, I encourage you not to abandon them. They are new owners, they need advice on how to get this working right. They are already several steps ahead of Judy as they now have plenty of corner workers, as well as an ALS ambulance on site at all times. That costs money, a lot of it. Every track has minimum numbers they need to hit, for good reason. And hell, the fact that they're trying for us is awesome, because they are losing money now for all of the work they put in to get this track day going, and not making a dime.

First and foremost, they need to stop with the car or bike only days. Put the two together. It's always worked smoothly in the past, and both groups got along really well.

When you go to register for another track day at PMP or HPR you sill see your credit at checkout. It is weird. You can't see your credit on your account until you are about to checkout for another day. HPR uses the same system so you should see the credit if you register for an HPR day.
    I see, thanks for clearing that up. Was kind of what I expected that if there was a credit it would be hidden somewhere and show up around check out at a later date. I did receive an email from Gari that I would be getting a full refund in 24 hours. Not sure if any of you got the same email as I did. If not, mine could be that I sent an email expressing my disappointment with the whole situation. I understand where they are coming from but countered that they need to understand where their customer base are coming from. I did mention that a full refund is the proper and correct thing to do, and that a credit would not suffice in my case, especially when I had made plans for the track day and now have to change them.

It usually takes her a couple days to issue the credits. She might do a refund, but they are hesitant to do that.

Black Night, I encourage you not to abandon them. They are new owners, they need advice on how to get this working right. They are already several steps ahead of Judy as they now have plenty of corner workers, as well as an ALS ambulance on site at all times. That costs money, a lot of it. Every track has minimum numbers they need to hit, for good reason. And hell, the fact that they're trying for us is awesome, because they are losing money now for all of the work they put in to get this track day going, and not making a dime.

First and foremost, they need to stop with the car or bike only days. Put the two together. It's always worked smoothly in the past, and both groups got along really well.
    Sorry man, this was the last time I'm giving PMP a chance to get it right. Again, there's that "they need advice on how to get this working right" phrase that I've seen mentioned before. I just can't get past the fact that a company that was supposed to have all the answers when they took over the business, now needs advice from the customer base in order to just run a track day. I completely can see when a company is flourishing and expanding to a point of exhaustion of ideas, that they would turn to their customers and ask them what they might expand on, or offer as a new service. PMP isn't in that boat. They're not gaining traction, they're losing it.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Gari. I've decided to indefinitely suspend any patronage of PMP from now and into the future.

If that means I don't get to the track a lot this year then so be it. I'll hit up HPR and possibly try and work in a PPIR track day if they come available. Honestly, if it does become more and more of a problem in getting out and the time off for track days. I may convert my bike back to street and ride it. Or sell it altogether and just go back to a cruiser for commuting to work. I don't really believe in relegating a Superbike to commuting duties. It's like taking a thoroughbred and using it to plow crops. Sure it can do it and do it well and live a great life, but it was meant for so much more.

P.S.
    I do have one piece of advice to give. If money is all that matters in this situation(which it almost always does), then my recommendation to PMP is to have the track bulldozed to the ground. Re-zoned for commercial or heavy residential use and make money on the apartments or condominiums and small business/gas stations that will spring up in its place. Least that way, money is made and the community as a whole is served. People will habitat the homes, use the light commercial business and things will be better as a whole. Progress is then made. Can't make progress by cancelling track days....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Sorry man, this was the last time I'm giving PMP a chance to get it right. Again, there's that "they need advice on how to get this working right" phrase that I've seen mentioned before. I just can't get past the fact that a company that was supposed to have all the answers when they took over the business, now needs advice from the customer base in order to just run a track day. I completely can see when a company is flourishing and expanding to a point of exhaustion of ideas, that they would turn to their customers and ask them what they might expand on, or offer as a new service. PMP isn't in that boat. They're not gaining traction, they're losing it.

P.S.
    I do have one piece of advice to give. If money is all that matters in this situation(which it almost always does), then my recommendation to PMP is to have the track bulldozed to the ground. Re-zoned for commercial or heavy residential use and make money on the apartments or condominiums and small business/gas stations that will spring up in its place. Least that way, money is made and the community as a whole is served. People will habitat the homes, use the light commercial business and things will be better as a whole. Progress is then made. Can't make progress by cancelling track days....
    Well that's a shit attitude to have. Did Pueblo motorsports park murder your family or cause some sort of harm to you? Haha. I'm just kidding.

I am just trying to do my best to stay positive about PMP. I also have a very flexible work schedule so it is not as much of burden to me when the days get cancelled. I understand where you are coming from though.

They do need our advice. It seemed like they were originally only focused on drag racing. I have no evidence of this. It was just a gut feeling. If we quit showing up to track days or quit pestering them about track days then they may stop doing them.

I just realized that HPR holds track days during the summer regardless of the amount of signups they get. I thought they had a minimum number as well but that is only during the winter months. I wonder when PMP will be able to do this as well.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

Well that's a shit attitude to have. Did Pueblo motorsports park murder your family or cause some sort of harm to you? Haha. I'm just kidding.

I am just trying to do my best to stay positive about PMP. I also have a very flexible work schedule so it is not as much of burden to me when the days get cancelled. I understand where you are coming from though.

They do need our advice. It seemed like they were originally only focused on drag racing. I have no evidence of this. It was just a gut feeling. If we quit showing up to track days or quit pestering them about track days then they may stop doing them.

I just realized that HPR holds track days during the summer regardless of the amount of signups they get. I thought they had a minimum number as well but that is only during the winter months. I wonder when PMP will be able to do this as well.
    Not shitty attitude, just being cynical about the whole event.

For me, at my old job I had a much more flexible position. There were more on my last crew that could cover for each other. Now my new position, I'm on a smaller crew and it's harder to get coverage, especially during this time of year. So for me, when I line something up I want it to go through. As it takes me several weeks of planning at work to make it happen. Not like at my old job, where I could give my supervisor a day or two notice that I would be taking a day off. Now, I'm looking at a couple weeks of notice in order to plan for an event/track day. Which is why last year and in years past, track days at PMP have worked easier for me as they were held on the weekends(primarily on Sunday). I can make those happen easy when it's on the weekend.

Yes, I had seen that from HPR as well. They hold track days regardless, and that's the proper way to run a track. If it's planned, then the show goes on. Have not been to HPR but does look like a much more professional organization that runs it.

Lastly, it may have been a dick thing to say but there is some truth in my cynical comments. If they can't get it together and run it properly, that's what I would recommend for the future. Sell it off and build something else that people will use. Cause at this point, we aren't getting to use PMP as it stands now. So I may be a dick, but I'm telling it like it is...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

There is a half day of Motorcycle lapping this Saturday June 18th at Pueblo.
    Next full day is June 27th at Pueblo but HPR is also having a motorcycle track day on June 27th.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

There is a half day of Motorcycle lapping this Saturday June 18th at Pueblo.
    Next full day is June 27th at Pueblo but HPR is also having a motorcycle track day on June 27th.
    I'm planning for the HPR June 27th track day. Can't wait to try that track out!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I'm planning for the HPR June 27th track day. Can't wait to try that track out!!

You will enjoy it.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I'll second that. HPR is a lot of fun, excited to get back out there this weekend. Will say I'm also looking forward to our return to PMP at the end of August. It took me till Sunday to get the hang of that track and start to really have fun on it as I'd never been there.
    Rich
    '15 R1
    MRA 464

Quote Originally Posted by RichSC View Post
    I'll second that. HPR is a lot of fun, excited to get back out there this weekend. Will say I'm also looking forward to our return to PMP at the end of August. It took me till Sunday to get the hang of that track and start to really have fun on it as I'd never been there.
    I'll be at HPR tomorrow
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

You guys may want to check and make sure PMP either refunded or gave you a credit for the lapping days they're cancelling, she did not do either on the 6-13-16 day that she cancelled for me. I emailed her, waiting on a reply.

You guys may want to check and make sure PMP either refunded or gave you a credit for the lapping days they're cancelling, she did not do either on the 6-13-16 day that she cancelled for me. I emailed her, waiting on a reply.
    I received a refund within 24 hours. Email them to be sure Aaron. I had sent off a rather unhappy email and got a quick response that same night.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I left a polite email, and it was taken care of this morning. I knew she would, just wondering how many others she forgot about, and how many of those may never notice. Because I wouldn't have except I went to sign up for a track day and didn't have a credit to use.

I left a polite email, and it was taken care of this morning. I knew she would, just wondering how many others she forgot about, and how many of those may never notice. Because I wouldn't have except I went to sign up for a track day and didn't have a credit to use.
    What's your next day that you're planning for? I'm planning for the 27th up at HPR.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

To be honest I probably won't go again for a couple months. My COTA trip is costing me a fucking bajillion dollars already and I'm not even there yet. So I'm trying to cut down on the unnecessary expenditures. Plus I don't want to risk wrecking my bike before that trip. I'll be at the ZARS track days at HPR in late July, and beginning in August I'll start riding at PMP and HPR once again.

I am sure you all received this email but here it is anyways.

"PMP will be holding open lapping / open Track day on Saturday July 9th for cars and July 10th for Motorcycles . Each event will need to have a minimum of 15 full day registrations or the event will be held as a half day only . The half day event needs a minimun of 10 sign ups to be held. RCSC has also changed its policy for cancellations. Any cancellations by RCSC or the participant will be given a ful refund. As a Participant you must cancel at least 12 hours in advance and do so on motorsportreg. You can not call PMP to cancel .No shows will not receive a refund nor will a refund be given after car or motorcylce has participated in a session and breaks. Changes will be mad eot the website soon.
    Pleas watch
    www.motorsportreg.com for these days to be added to the schedule .
    Sincerely ,
    Gari Harper"

They are trying to do everything they can to please all racers at the track.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR