Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motorcycle lapping day June 13th at Pueblo

Re: Motorcycle lapping day June 13th at Pueblo

That's on a MRA race weekend so you won't have many racers to deal with. Flip side is none of us will be there to help make the minimum either.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    That's on a MRA race weekend so you won't have many racers to deal with. Flip side is none of us will be there to help make the minimum either.
    I prefer having MRA racers at the open track days. It is nice to get a tow from the consistently faster riders.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

Who ever is crying about "I am boycotting the track" .... good. We don't want negative people like you around. While you're at it, sell your bike too.
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Weekend lap day? Bummer about the MRA schedule conflict. Maybe I can get mine rolling to help make numbers.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
    Who ever is crying about "I am boycotting the track" .... good. We don't want negative people like you around. While you're at it, sell your bike too.
    I don't think anyone is boycotting the track. I said I was going to with hold my patronage of this track for the moment indefinitely. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and sign up for a track day. I paid my part and waited only to be notified that the track day was cancelled. I received a quick refund which was and is the right thing for PMP to do. I don't believe in a credit, especially when I've paid money and not been given any product for it. I don't know about you but I don't do business that way. I'm not being negative, I'm being reasonable and sensible. It's strictly business to me and nothing more.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I don't think anyone is boycotting the track. I said I was going to with hold my patronage of this track for the moment indefinitely. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and sign up for a track day. I paid my part and waited only to be notified that the track day was cancelled. I received a quick refund which was and is the right thing for PMP to do. I don't believe in a credit, especially when I've paid money and not been given any product for it. I don't know about you but I don't do business that way. I'm not being negative, I'm being reasonable and sensible. It's strictly business to me and nothing more.
    With hold patronage is basically boycotting.

How often do you do track days? How often were you doing Pueblo track days under the previous management?
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

Haven't done a track day in years because of the outrageous prices. However, got a new bike and I'm dying to crank this thing up. I'll only go partial idiot on the streets and I'm really wanting to go full idiot.

Back in the day, we would show up the night before with the RV and camp at the track. Can you still do this?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Haven't done a track day in years because of the outrageous prices. However, got a new bike and I'm dying to crank this thing up. I'll only go partial idiot on the streets and I'm really wanting to go full idiot.

Back in the day, we would show up the night before with the RV and camp at the track. Can you still do this?
    You definitely can on a night before an MRA weekend such as the Thursday before the Friday lapping day.

HPR allows camping the night before a lapping day but double check their calendar.

I am not sure what Pueblo's policy is for camping before their open lapping days.
    Last edited by GNGSXR; Wed Jun 22nd, 2016 at 08:34 AM.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    With hold patronage is basically boycotting.

How often do you do track days? How often were you doing Pueblo track days under the previous management?
    Well boycotting by definition would mean to abstain from use of services in an act of coercion or intimidation. I mean neither, I'm simply not going to do track days there.

As to answer your other question. I used to do about 6 or 7 track days per year under the old management. I normally would have a couple under my belt by this time last year. I used to get on PMP around late April to early May.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

What did it used to cost? It's always been ~$150 for me at most places in the US

It's funny, it's now cheaper for me to do a track day than it is for 1 lift ticket to go skiing. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    What did it used to cost? It's always been ~$150 for me at most places in the US

It's funny, it's now cheaper for me to do a track day than it is for 1 lift ticket to go skiing. sigh.
    I'm talkin' waaaay back when it was $45 to run SCR all day.

Last I was told, it was $200 for a track day at HPR and Pueblo. Is that information incorrect?

When Kim and I stopped skiing, it was $50 for the day.
    Kim & Dean

Is that information incorrect?
    I don't know pueblo's cost. I think HPR is $140 if you pre-register online, something like that. $100 for half day

I'm talkin' waaaay back when it was $45 to run SCR all day.

Last I was told, it was $200 for a track day at HPR and Pueblo. Is that information incorrect?

When Kim and I stopped skiing, it was $50 for the day.
    Pueblo is $150 for full day. $100 for half.

HPR is $160 for a full day and $100 for half day with pre-registration. It is $180 for full and $120 for half if you pay the day of the event.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    Pueblo is $150 for full day. $100 for half.

HPR is $160 for a full day and $100 for half day with pre-registration. It is $180 for full and $120 for half if you pay the day of the event.
    Ok. That's not too bad, I guess....

Damn!!! I always wanted a GNX. I always laugh when people say how powerful their V6 is these days. Oh really! Go take a ride in an 80s Buick!!
    Kim & Dean