Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimbo Slice dead

Kimbo Slice dead

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Kimbo Slice dead

My link below is not Kimbo related, but rest in peace to a guy who "earned it" as much as anybody.

Interesting news that gives you just that much more insight as to how twisted the UFC is willing to be.

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I woke up and heard this news. As a big fan of him as a fighter and a person, it truly is sad he passed at such a young age. RIP Dhafir

It will be interesting to see why he died because I had heard no issues with him in the past, so this is surprising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    My link below is not Kimbo related, but rest in peace to a guy who "earned it" as much as anybody.

Interesting news that gives you just that much more insight as to how twisted the UFC is willing to be.

I am interested to see what Ariel says, so I’ll be listening to this today…thanks for the link!

I’ve heard of the issue so to discuss it, I am amazed at how UFC is now operating and the retaliation that they do. Taking away Ariel’s UFC press credentials and banning him for life over covering a story is BS. UFC is trying to dictate what the media says and this is another example of how far they will go if you cross them. I’ve given Ariel respect over the last year for not becoming a UFC media “puppet“ and sticking with the facts of the stories, but they are making it hard on the guy and trying to ruin him. I hope he is able to pull through this and continue to be one of the most popular MMA media personalities.

EDIT: Looks like my boy Schaub has Ariel's back....sent out this tweet
    Follow

Brendan SchaubVerified account@BrendanSchaub Fox has zero control who comes on our show. We would love to have @arielhelwani open door

On that note though……Broc vs Hunt!!!!! We can discuss this too if anyone is interested!!!!!
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Jun 7th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Sad news, I assume you have seen the news updates on the story?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Sad news, I assume you have seen the news updates on the story?
    No, there is new info? Last I heard the medical examiner said that his death was not suspicious so so there was no need for toxicology tests. http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/07/kimbo-...miner-autopsy/

So the people who right away assumed drugs or steroids were wrong (must have been judging a book by it's cover. lol)! Actually from everyone I know that hung out with Kimbo, he did not do drugs and as far as we knew not even drank or smoked. So far it appears to be a un-diagnosed heart problem that could happen to anyone!

Seeing articles popup saying "his heart just stopped"....

Just scary that if no drugs, he wasn't old and was in good shape (cardio clearly not his forte based on the DaDa fight), but that his heart could just stop.

Last I saw was "undisclosed reasons" which lets everyone guess anything, vs "heart failure" which seems the new cause.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Seeing articles popup saying "his heart just stopped"....

Just scary that if no drugs, he wasn't old and was in good shape (cardio clearly not his forte based on the DaDa fight), but that his heart could just stop.

Last I saw was "undisclosed reasons" which lets everyone guess anything, vs "heart failure" which seems the new cause.
    I have a buddy that was pretty close to Kimbo who has been talking to Kimbo’s best friend. He stated there was no warnings or signs and Kimbo didn’t have any previously known heart issues, but it appears he had a underlining heart issue that was not known and this is why he died. It could be just bad genetics that could happen to anyone; my wife is a ICU nurse and you would be surprised at how many “healthy” people can have an issue they did not know about and suddenly die.

For sure Kimbo didn’t do drugs so it was not that…for sure the medical examiner would have done the autopsy if he saw any sign of drug use.

As for his cardio, it looked bad in a 3 round fight, but that is way harder than people think …..I work out five days a week and doubt I could do 3, 5 minute rounds to save my life….much less while getting punched by a 265lb man! Then granted he was 42 years old and solid muscle, I bet his cardio was in better shape than 95% of people his age.

I know you want to start a heated debate bro, but damn the guy died so lets at least try to be cool. He really was a good guy that had a wife and six kids and I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about him.....

I do see your point...it could have been steroids, but it could also have been other things too: we see hundreds of pro athletes and bodybuilders that are ok that were also caught.

Gold Member

not trying to start a debate. just a maybe. I'm not a doctor. idk. just shared some links with some knowledge.

So Kimbo did die of heart problems and on June 3rd found out he needed a heart transplant (same day he went into hospital), but obviously he did not get one in time.
    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16...art-transplant

I am sure we will here more as it is found, but what concerns me is the mention of "high blood pressure".....aka...the silent killer. They claim 1 in 4 adults have high blood pressure and are unaware! This is one of the leading causes of "healthy" people dying from heart problems. I found out I had high blood pressure last year (runs in my family) and I was amazed since I exercise and eat healthy, but doctors explained to me that even healthy people can get high blood pressure and then went on to tell me how it can kill you by stressing your heart. One pill a day has corrected the issue for me, so it is not a huge deal.

So if anyone gets anything out of Kimbo's death, it is to always check your blood pressure even if you see no signs.

I use this handy wireless blood pressure machine that syncs to my phone and even sends my doctor logs. https://ihealthlabs.com/blood-pressu...ssure-monitor/

Here is a cool quiz that gives info on it Can You Escape the Silent Killer?

And more info on the risks of it
    Why Blood Pressure Matters
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    not trying to start a debate. just a maybe. I'm not a doctor. idk. just shared some links with some knowledge.
    Ok, well I hope I don’t regret replying, because sometimes I think you just like to get a rise out of me. Lol I guess that is what makes a forum a forum though…opinions

I knew at some point Kimbo’s steroid use would come into play, so guess it is a good discussion. I have seen these articles (usually small outlets: Sydney Morning Herald….never heard of them before), but really there has been no concrete proof over all the years that steroids do cause heart problems. When articles try to bring this up, they twist things around and forget to mention things like what else the person was on (fatburners, painpills, etc) that usually go hand in hand with pro athletes doing steroids. For example the article you posted clearly states “young men, in 20’s and early 30’s”. So right there is the kicker that most people would not get. A man taking steroids under the age of 35 is extremely harmful because the body is still producing testosterone naturally and your levels are still rising. So when a man in his early 20’s takes steroids then the body shuts down its production because it sees it gets it from an outside source. This leads these men to ruin their natural production and there body may never bounce back. Yet after 35, the male body is done in raising production levels, so the risks are way lower (especially if under a doctor’s care). Next, I see the article mentions a 28 year old they tested who had liver damage; this is a sign of using oral steroids (very hard on liver), but these pro athletes have money so they hire doctors to do this for them and I’ve never heard of a doctor giving out oral steroids (always injections that have no bearing on the liver/kidney). That brings me to my next point….not all steroids are the same, so they are classifying them all in this study; guy says he went to a daily injection and that is usually HGH (human growth hormone) which has been proven to enlarge the heart (newer and not as much is known about it as testosterone). Again, testosterone vs steroids can also be a different thing…totally different solutions that cause different effects in the body.

Last, it is always the “abuse” you hear in these stories. Anyone can abuse anything though and things in excesses will cause problems…..hell you can die from drinking too much water or taking too many vitamins, so abusing steroids should not be a surprise if a few legal Tylenol would kill you if you abused it too.

Yet I still wonder how pro bodybuilders have stacked up to 7 different types of steroids to get where they are (no testing in pro bodybuilding and no point in competing unless on stuff) and are still alive. For example Mr Olympia, Chris Dickerson, is still alive and 76 years old. Franco Columbu, another Mr Olympia winner, is still alive at 74. Frank Zane just hit 73. Anyways these were some of the biggest abusers of steroids and one look at their bodies can tell you they used for a long time. Then if we get into the thousands (yes thousands) of pro athletes that are on steroids then I’d just think if it was this big a cause we would see pro’s dropping off from heart attacks left and right…yet it has not happened. Lance Armstrong is probably the most widely known to admit to steroid use and he is alive and still to be in great shape. I can google and see list of pro athletes that were caught for steroids that have had no heart issues, so it just makes me think the media hypes it more just to get stories out there http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-li...nhancing-drugs

So I agree it can be a factor, but I believe if they saw severe signs of steroid abuse in Kimbo, the medical examiner would have commented on that as that makes for better news than a heart problem. Also the fact he was put on the donor list for a heart usually shows there was no abuse of the organ found. For example, if an alcoholic need a liver transplant from years of drinking, he/she will not be eligible for a transplant….won’t even be put on the list. It takes three years of proven sobriety to even be considered and by then most die waiting because even after the three years you go to bottom of list.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ok, well I hope I don’t regret replying, because sometimes I think you just like to get a rise out of me. Lol I guess that is what makes a forum a forum though…opinions

I knew at some point Kimbo’s steroid use would come into play, so guess it is a good discussion. I have seen these articles (usually small outlets: Sydney Morning Herald….never heard of them before), but really there has been no concrete proof over all the years that steroids do cause heart problems. When articles try to bring this up, they twist things around and forget to mention things like what else the person was on (fatburners, painpills, etc) that usually go hand in hand with pro athletes doing steroids. For example the article you posted clearly states “young men, in 20’s and early 30’s”. So right there is the kicker that most people would not get. A man taking steroids under the age of 35 is extremely harmful because the body is still producing testosterone naturally and your levels are still rising. So when a man in his early 20’s takes steroids then the body shuts down its production because it sees it gets it from an outside source. This leads these men to ruin their natural production and there body may never bounce back. Yet after 35, the male body is done in raising production levels, so the risks are way lower (especially if under a doctor’s care). Next, I see the article mentions a 28 year old they tested who had liver damage; this is a sign of using oral steroids (very hard on liver), but these pro athletes have money so they hire doctors to do this for them and I’ve never heard of a doctor giving out oral steroids (always injections that have no bearing on the liver/kidney). That brings me to my next point….not all steroids are the same, so they are classifying them all in this study; guy says he went to a daily injection and that is usually HGH (human growth hormone) which has been proven to enlarge the heart (newer and not as much is known about it as testosterone). Again, testosterone vs steroids can also be a different thing…totally different solutions that cause different effects in the body.

Last, it is always the “abuse” you hear in these stories. Anyone can abuse anything though and things in excesses will cause problems…..hell you can die from drinking too much water or taking too many vitamins, so abusing steroids should not be a surprise if a few legal Tylenol would kill you if you abused it too.

Yet I still wonder how pro bodybuilders have stacked up to 7 different types of steroids to get where they are (no testing in pro bodybuilding and no point in competing unless on stuff) and are still alive. For example Mr Olympia, Chris Dickerson, is still alive and 76 years old. Franco Columbu, another Mr Olympia winner, is still alive at 74. Frank Zane just hit 73. Anyways these were some of the biggest abusers of steroids and one look at their bodies can tell you they used for a long time. Then if we get into the thousands (yes thousands) of pro athletes that are on steroids then I’d just think if it was this big a cause we would see pro’s dropping off from heart attacks left and right…yet it has not happened. Lance Armstrong is probably the most widely known to admit to steroid use and he is alive and still to be in great shape. I can google and see list of pro athletes that were caught for steroids that have had no heart issues, so it just makes me think the media hypes it more just to get stories out there http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-li...nhancing-drugs

So I agree it can be a factor, but I believe if they saw severe signs of steroid abuse in Kimbo, the medical examiner would have commented on that as that makes for better news than a heart problem. Also the fact he was put on the donor list for a heart usually shows there was no abuse of the organ found. For example, if an alcoholic need a liver transplant from years of drinking, he/she will not be eligible for a transplant….won’t even be put on the list. It takes three years of proven sobriety to even be considered and by then most die waiting because even after the three years you go to bottom of list.
    Cyclists don't use steroids for #1, they use other drugs for boosting hematocrit, and for recovery, steroids for a cyclist would be counter productive, #2, he almost died of testicular cancer, funny you left out this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    Cyclists don't use steroids for #1, they use other drugs for boosting hematocrit, and for recovery, steroids for a cyclist would be counter productive, #2, he almost died of testicular cancer, funny you left out this fact.
    Ok, so should I change the word to "performance enhancing drugs".

And you are actually wrong man:

In the interview, broadcast on the Discovery Channel in the UK, Armstrong then admitted to taking performance-enhancing drugs Erythropoietin (EPO), testosterone, cortisone and human growth hormone as well as having blood transfusions.Jan 18, 2013
    Here is the source:
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/21066354

And I am not saying it was not a factor, but it appears Kimbo had a underlying heart condition that was not known and this caused his death, Sure maybe the steroids he did worsened that, but highly doubtful he died from steroid use and not this heart condition.

And now you are a claiming testosterone causes cancer....again never been proven. If anything low testosterone causes cancer because estrogen rises......up to a 70% increase in getting cancer if overweight (aka have low testosterone like overweight men do)

Again my guess is high blood pressure was the culprit over the steroids. it is not called the Silent Killer for nothing
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 09:14 AM.

Gold Member

little early to be saying what the medical examination would or wouldn't say.

besides that I don't know. like I said I'm not a doctor . there seems to be some sort of evidence about steroid use being bad for your heart. so I mean he gets popped for steroids and then has heart problems at a young age. definitely something to look into.

I mean unless you enjoy the idea of sudden middle age death syndrome or something. but really is it that hard to believe that putting chemicals into your body to enhance it could have adverse affects?

Ok, so should I change the word to "performance enhancing drugs".

And you are actually wrong man:

In the interview, broadcast on the Discovery Channel in the UK, Armstrong then admitted to taking performance-enhancing drugs Erythropoietin (EPO), testosterone, cortisone and human growth hormone as well as having blood transfusions.Jan 18, 2013

And I am not saying it was not a factor, but it appears Kimbo had a underlying heart condition that was not known and this caused his death, Sure maybe the steroids he did worsened that, but highly doubtful he died from steroid use and not this heart condition.

And now you are a claiming testosterone causes cancer....again never been proven. If anything low testosterone causes cancer because estrogen rises......up to a 70% increase in getting cancer if overweight (aka have low testosterone like overweight men do)

Again my guess is high blood pressure was the culprit over the steriods.
    Epo, is a hematocrit booster, developed for cancer patients, Testosterone is for recovery, Cortisone is used to remove saddlesores, the only steroid on this list, yes look it up, and hgh is for recovery and not a steroid. The only steroid he used, cortisone is used to remove saddlesores, doubtful he used enough to hurt his heart.

Again using steroids to increase muscle mass would be useless as it increases weight.

Here's a book for you to read: https://smile.amazon.com/Secret-Race...5397673&sr=8-1

That book was also written by the nicest guy on the planet, and he also admitted to doping. He really is a nice guy, however nice people dope too.
    Last edited by laspariahs; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 09:19 AM.

little early to be saying what the medical examination would or wouldn't say.

besides that I don't know. like I said I'm not a doctor . there seems to be some sort of evidence about steroid use being bad for your heart. so I mean he gets popped for steroids and then has heart problems at a young age. definitely something to look into.

I mean unless you enjoy the idea of sudden middle age death syndrome or something. but really is it that hard to believe that putting chemicals into your body to enhance it could have adverse affects?
    It was in first line of link I posted....medical examiners do have to release a statement and TMZ put it out:

Kimbo Slice's body will not be tested for things like steroids or drugs ... at least, not by the medical examiner's office which tells TMZ Sports there's nothing suspicious about Kimbo's death.

We asked if that meant the office believes his death is not suspicious and there's no need for toxicology tests -- to which the M.E. Chief told us, "No medical legal investigation, including toxicology is necessary.”

And then why is Shamrock ok? His levels were way higher and he has been caught many times.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 09:21 AM.

It was in first line of link I posted....medical examiners do have to release a statement and TMZ put it out:

Kimbo Slice's body will not be tested for things like steroids or drugs ... at least, not by the medical examiner's office which tells TMZ Sports there's nothing suspicious about Kimbo's death.

We asked if that meant the office believes his death is not suspicious and there's no need for toxicology tests -- to which the M.E. Chief told us, "No medical legal investigation, including toxicology is necessary.”

And then why is Shamrock ok? His levels were way higher and he has been caught many times.
    So doping is ok if it doesn't hurt you physically? Man....

I apologize if I don't read tmz links. also considering it takes 6-8 weeks for an autopsy to be released i will stick to why I don't read tmz.
    No autopsy is being done though....medical examiner said no need for one. So that is why I'd assume there was no concern of his failed steroid test...or maybe they just don't care

If anyone should be dead from it is Ken Shamrock....or WWE guys!

So doping is ok if it doesn't hurt you physically? Man....
    Well depends on how it is done, what is used, and how it is monitored. There are men that do have low testosterone that do have to get injections weekly for medical reasons; health insurance covers it just like insulin injections. Studied have shows it greatly improves men's life as low testosterone can cause a lot of bad issues. These things just get bad names because people abuse it.

Here is a well documented person that has released how it changed their life http://ironandtweed.com/my-low-t-jou...e-year-on-trt/
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 09:42 AM.

Gold Member

damnit I didn't want delete my post!

I'm sorry I don't read tmz. considering it takes 6-8 weeks for an autopsy I will wait for that. probably won't say much. but who knows.

I didn't say it was the steroids. I just don't like the idea that we just drop dead for no reason. again I'm not a doctor. i also don't pretend to be.

as for shamrock.... okay.... why can some people smoke their entire lives and drink like a fish and never have a problem?

not everyone is the same and things affect us all differently. if living healthy was a sure fire way a long life wouldn't kimbo still be alive?

I am not trying to debate you bro. I'm not. i just posted links. maybe they are linked. maybe not. we dont know.

Gold Member

oh they aren't doing one? okay I guess it's just the sudden middle-aged death syndrome then. cool.

oh they aren't doing one? okay I guess it's just the sudden middle-aged death syndrome then. cool.
    Again, he had a un- diagnosed heart issue.....I bet from years of high blood pressure.

Just look at this stat...healthy people do die suddenly more often that you think
    About 1 of 3 U.S. adults—or about 70 million people—have high blood pressure. Only about half (52%) of these people have their high blood pressure under control. This common condition increases the risk for heart disease and stroke, 2 of the leading causes of death for Americans.

A article on how deaths for HBP is increasing http://news.heart.org/high-blood-pre...stroke-deaths/
    Then this shows how HBP is higher in black people http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/57/3/379.full

Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 09:49 AM.

Well depends on how it is done, what is used, and how it is monitored. There are men that do have low testosterone that do have to get injections weekly for medical reasons; health insurance covers it just like insulin injections. Studied have shows it greatly improves men's life as low testosterone can cause a lot of bad issues. These things just get bad names because people abuse it.

Here is a well documented person that has released how it changed their life http://ironandtweed.com/my-low-t-jou...e-year-on-trt/
    I'm talking about doping in sports, not some dude with low testosterone that his doctor provides at that point it's medicine. All the crap that some cyclists use to dope themselves, are all used and developed as medicine, when used properly they are medications or medical techniques that have been bastardized as doping or Peds. You seem to be of the opinion that it's ok to dope ones self, solely for performance, as long as you don't see negative side effects.

I'm talking about doping in sports, not some dude with low testosterone that his doctor provides at that point it's medicine. All the crap that some cyclists use to dope themselves, are all used and developed as medicine, when used properly they are medications or medical techniques that have been bastardized as doping or Peds. You seem to be of the opinion that it's ok to dope ones self, solely for performance, as long as you don't see negative side effects.
    Kimbo's testosterone ranges were in legal levels for TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). So before the ban the "medicine" you state was legal...again too many people lied and abused it so they stopped TRT exceptions. So if we are still talking about Kimbo, he most likely was under a medical doctor....years of training tend to lower a pro athletes testosterone.

I never said it was ok, just that it is not as dangerous as some people think and does not appear this is what caused Kimbo's death. I mean why aren't more pro's dropping dead from it that were caught...like half of NBL????

P.S. Lance was using testosterone...same thing as they use in TRT medical treatment.....no difference. Plus doping in cycling tens to mean more the blood transfusions they do.