Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimbo Slice dead

Gold Member

Re: Kimbo Slice dead

damnit thats twice. screw the mobile version of this.

so as asked. what caused his high blood pressure?

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/stero...lood-pressure/

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    damnit thats twice. screw the mobile version of this.

so as asked. what caused his high blood pressure?

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/stero...lood-pressure/
    Yeah lets get our info from "Ironman magazine" and not the National Association of Heart like I posted that show the other reasons.

This is why I don't like debating with you....you have your mind made up and won't ever change....so frustrating.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Kimbo's testosterone ranges were in legal levels for TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). So before the ban the "medicine" you state was legal...again too many people lied and abused it so they stopped TRT exceptions. So if we are still talking about Kimbo, he most likely was under a medical doctor....years of training tend to lower a pro athletes testosterone.

I never said it was ok, just that it is not as dangerous as some people think and does not appear this is what caused Kimbo's death. I mean why aren't more pro's dropping dead from it that were caught...like half of NBL????

All the cyclists have team doctors as well, administering whatever crap they get/got. Doping is wrong period. Who cares if doping is why this guy died, I don't see why it matters so much to you. You don't seem to defend the fact he is or isn't a doper, in fact from what I can tell from what you have said you think he is a doper.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    All the cyclists have team doctors as well, administering whatever crap they get/got. Doping is wrong period. Who cares if doping is why this guy died, I don't see why it matters so much to you. You don't seem to defend the fact he is or isn't a doper, in fact from what I can tell from what you have said you think he is a doper.
    I am a big fan of Kimbo so I hate to see his name crapped on by people who want to assume things with no proof. Bottom line is he was known as a super good guy and I am sad he passed. I followed his career since the beginning and also saw all the good he did for poor kids. I also have had the pleasure of being friends that were close to Kimbo who says he was such a great guy.

And don't fool yourself man.....more than half of pro athletes are on stuff!

Gold Member

I mean why aren't more pro's dropping dead from it that were caught...like half of NBL????

well considering nothing is a guarantee you can't really say well this guy did them so it's perfectly safe. like I said before people drink and smoke their whole lives and nevee have an issue.

maybe this is just on the small scale. like every one in one thousand? even some medication has a chance of being extremely harmful in a small number of cases. I'm sure your wife would agree to this.

not everyone is the same and some things affect us differently. to just accept that we sometimes just drop dead because.... well.... we don't know? doesn't float with me.

maybe he was angry his life? maybe he was a closet cokehead? maybe god needed a new bouncer? if it was my loved one who just dropped dead I would want to know the exact reason he died.

Gold Member

I am a big fan of Kimbo so I hate to see his name crapped on by people who want to assume things with no proof. Bottom line is he was known as a super good guy and I am sad he passed. I followed his career since the beginning and also saw all the good he did for poor kids. I also have had the pleasure of being friends that were close to Kimbo who says he was such a great guy.

i don't see anyone crapping on him. its just a discussion. you have a mysterious death. people see an unsolved answer and tend to try to figure it out.

simmer down guy.

i don't see anyone crapping on him. its just a discussion. you have a mysterious death. people see an unsolved answer and tend to try to figure it out.

simmer down guy.
    Just hurt he died man...I really was this big a fan of his and to die suddenly at 42 sucks….especially with 6 kids After seeing him on Ultimate Fighter and numerous interviews with him I came to really like the guy. He was in process of doing some work with the Fighter and the Kid podcast that I was looking forward too. So just really hit me as it is scary to think a person can die suddenly like this.

Here is one of my favorite moments about Kimbo….when he thought my buddy Brendan was black (Brendan is a white guy)
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 10:26 AM.

Gold Member

Just hurt he died man...I really was this big a fan of his and to die suddenly at 42 sucks….especially with 6 kids After seeing him on Ultimate Fighter and numerous interviews with him I came to really like the guy. He was in process of doing some work with the Fighter and the Kid podcast that I was looking forward too. So just really hit me as it is scary to think a person can die suddenly like this.

you need hug! i KEEEEEED. the death of Paul Walker made me sad too. dont trip.

you need hug! i KEEEEEED. the death of Paul Walker made me sad too. dont trip.
    That was a rough one too....again because he was so young and such a good guy!

Oh I don't think I'm the one fooling myself, of course I think tons of pro athletes are on dope, but that just means the sports aren't really sports anymore, just WWE style "entertainment" which I probably why I don't watch sports.

As for the rest, all I'll say is doping is wrong, doesn't matter how nice of a guy he was.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    Oh I don't think I'm the one fooling myself, of course I think tons of pro athletes are on dope, but that just means the sports aren't really sports anymore, just WWE style "entertainment" which I probably why I don't watch sports.

As for the rest, all I'll say is doping is wrong, doesn't matter how nice of a guy he was.
    Well a guy still died and who cares if he did PED's in the past...not like he was a murder, rapist, drug addict, etc. Just because people make mistakes doesn't mean they don't deserve respect after death.

I agree with you on PED's in sports, but it is not going away so it is here to stay. We can accept it or be like you and choose to not watch. I love MMA and would prefer if everyone is clean, but I know that won't happen, but I choose to still watch!

Bulldog, agree. After seeing some of the youtube videos, didn't think much of him as a person. Then after time listening to him on TUF, seemed like a pretty nice (scary looking) but good hearted person. When is Kanye gonna take his turn? Too bad his skills were all brawl and fists and struggled in other facets, he was fun to watch.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Bulldog, agree. After seeing some of the youtube videos, didn't think much of him as a person. Then after time listening to him on TUF, seemed like a pretty nice (scary looking) but good hearted person. When is Kanye gonna take his turn? Too bad his skills were all brawl and fists and struggled in other facets, he was fun to watch.
    He truly was the definition of “don’t judge a book by its cover” because he looked like this mean, thug type, but all reports/interviews/friends, have said it was quite the opposite and he was not a thug and was actually a nice family man to his six kids (and all to the same women he was married to).

Since you watched TUF season with him, I am sure you remember when they introduced Kimbo to the group and the first to talk smack was Brendan Schaub because few felt he deserved this chance. Well by the end of the season, Kimbo and Brendan were good friends and he was one of the first fighters to come out saying how Kimbo is not what people think and is a good guy. According to him, Kimbo was never egotistical and gave respect to MMA because he knew he had a lot to learn. Kimbo took MMA very seriously and put his work in and that is what got him a fight in UFC (plus his popularity of course)…he beat Houston Alexander who had been in UFC a while. Tank Abbott is considered a legend (maybe more a pioneer) in UFC and Kimbo beat him back in the day too.

Kimbo wasn’t the best on the ground, but I do give him credit in his last fight with Ken Shamrock because Ken is great on the ground, and he got Kimbo in a submission and Kimbo got out….not bad when you consider how many fighters Shamrock submitted….showed Kimbo was improving.

Kimbo’s downfall has always been his knees…you can see that in the fight against Matt Mitrione where he just destroyed Kimbo with leg shots and basically made Kimbo retire from MMA for years because of his knee problems. Yet few know after he went into pro boxing and did really well; he went 7-1 (6 by KO).
    Bottom line is he got into MMA late (in his 30’s) so it would have been different if he got an early start like other fighters.

This is what is really confusing….and scary. Kimbo got a heart EKG and EEG in February when he last fought and was cleared (all fighters over 35 get these before a fight). Yet they claim in June when he went into hospital his heart was so bad it needed to be transplanted. Crazy in 6 months it got that bad…..I’m still thinking he had super high blood pressure he didn’t know about and this caused the heart issues….it’s more common that people think…especially in African Americans.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/08/kimbo-...r-heart-tests/

Gold Member

maybe prefight doc got paid off?

maybe prefight doc got paid off?
    I guess it is possible, but I believe those doctors are not employees of Bellator and are employees of the Texas Dept of Licensing. So just like the referees they keep it separate so there is no "employee" interest by them. Of course anyone could be bought off....although morally you would have to be a real crappy doctor to ignore a heart problem in a fighter just so they could continue.

And if so, it still sounds like Kimbo had no idea about his heart being bad though or I'd assume he would have done something sooner, but all reports show this was the first sign he had.....although I read he had high blood pressure, so I still think this may have lead to his heart failure. Way too many people don't take is serious until it is too late because you get very little warning symptoms from it.

I can't find stats, but I believe high blood pressure (hypertension) could cause enough damage in a few months untreated to damage the heart and arteries enough to lead to this.

Then add in steroids on top of hypertension could not be a good combo!

One out of every six deaths in the U.S. is directly linked to untreated high blood pressure (HBP), also called hypertension. In addition to heart attacks and strokes, HBP can lead to potentially fatal conditions like heart failure and kidney disease. It can also cause blindness.

Gold Member

I believe a doc was paid long before I would believe his heart just went bad in a few months.

I believe a doc was paid long before I would believe his heart just went bad in a few months.
    Read about untreated hypertension though and it shows it is possible. The damage high blood pressure does to the body is pretty bad and all it takes is to clog one artery.

I only know all about this because I went through it last year and the doctors I saw really nailed it into me to get into doctor ASAP and not wait. I just happened to get a headache and while waiting for the light rail to go home I decided to take my blood pressure at Rite Aide as suggest by a coworker. My BP was super high and I called the doctor and they said to get in that day even though it was only a headache as all my organs were in danger.

Now reading more about it, I do see it why it is called the Silent Killer.

Gold Member

i would agree with you if he hadnt just been seen by a doctor. who should have been checking for this very thing. guess kimbo is lucky he even survived his fight.

think about it dude. he was failed. you want to complain about UFC but close your eyes to this? the fight world is dirty and corrupted. always has been. always will be.

i would agree with you if he hadnt just been seen by a doctor. who should have been checking for this very thing. guess kimbo is lucky he even survived his fight.

think about it dude. he was failed. you want to complain about UFC but close your eyes to this? the fight world is dirty and corrupted. always has been. always will be.
    Yeah that is why I was trying to find stats for how fast hypertension could kill. I mean you’d think blood pressure would always be taken before a fight, but maybe they wrote it off to nerves of fighting. I would be interested to see if in a few months of super high BP if it could do that damage in that time….especially when steroids are being used and intensive training. For sure you’d think a EKG would see something.

Oh yeah all sports are dirty though and players/fighters are just commodities to them; easily replaceable. It is why I’ve complained about CTE in the NFL as well as how crappy fighters get paid….bottom line is money. I mean when UFC knows a fighter fails a steroid test, but don’t release the finding till after they fight, it clearly shows they cared more about the money that would be lost over the fighters And this is not a sport where guys hit a baseball, they hit humans, so allowing fighters to fight on steroids is worst to me in fighting.

Basically as I told someone else on this board, my only choice is to stop watching, but I love it too much so I am stuck with the dirty world of sports as it is not going away….same with NFL…I still watch. I know if I had a kid, I would not encourage them to have a career in pro sports and would push academics over it.

Maybe Talib shot him...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Well a guy still died and who cares if he did PED's in the past...not like he was a murder, rapist, drug addict, etc. Just because people make mistakes doesn't mean they don't deserve respect after death.

I agree with you on PED's in sports, but it is not going away so it is here to stay. We can accept it or be like you and choose to not watch. I love MMA and would prefer if everyone is clean, but I know that won't happen, but I choose to still watch!
    I'm with you, PEDs aren't going away like it or not, too much money at stake so for some it is worth the risk. Not my journey, but I couldn't care less what athletes decide. Not to mention, most of us couldn't recover and fight again after some of the beatings these guys take without PEDs.

Bummer about Kimbo, I became a fan of his during his season of TUF. At least as he was portrayed on the show, he seemed like a humble and very likable dude.

i will just ignore the Paul Walker comment, F&F movies are entertaining, but I struggle to get past the fact that his girlfriend was 16 when they met, and he was 17 years her senior.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    I'm with you, PEDs aren't going away like it or not, too much money at stake so for some it is worth the risk. Not my journey, but I couldn't care less what athletes decide. Not to mention, most of us couldn't recover and fight again after some of the beatings these guys take without PEDs.

Bummer about Kimbo, I became a fan of his during his season of TUF. At least as he was portrayed on the show, he seemed like a humble and very likable dude.

i will just ignore the Paul Walker comment, F&F movies are entertaining, but I struggle to get past the fact that his girlfriend was 16 when they met, and he was 17 years her senior.
    I won't even bother. one relationship doesn't make a person.

do a little homework before you judge a man's entire life over one event.

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post

Yeah PED’s and sports are so intertwined it will never go away; millions if not billions is spent each year on PED’s and ways to beat PED’s tests. You look at stats and nearly every pro sport has had people caught for PED’s; Tennis, NFL, NBA, Cycling, MMA, NHL, the list just goes on and on. As technology evolves so has PED’s and it will only continue to grow. I do feel bad for the players that do try to be “clean” because they tend to not be the stars and they end up having to make a decision to also do PED’s or risk not being able to compete. I am sure so many pro players are plagued by this and has to be tough. Either way we will never get clear of PED’s in sports.

I think a lot of people saw him on TUF and changed their minds about him….it did for me. I remember one talk where he went to Brendan Schaub and basically said “hey man, I need help with this ground game. I don’t get it, but I know I need to learn it if I want to compete. I know I will never be a champion and not sure I even belong here, but I am here and want to take this serious and learn.” To me that was just so humble because people assumed Kimbo was going to come on the show and act like he was going to beat everyone….which was not the case, he knew he was a streetfighter and his skills lacked…yet he had the drive and commitment to do it and put in the time and dedication that many others could not do

Lol….never had hear that about Paul Walker. I did a quick search and it does appear she was 16 when they started to date, so that is crazy. At least it does seem like they were in love and together for 7 years and planned to marry. He claimed “age is nothing but a number”, but still that is very controversial. Overall like I said I can’t judge a person on a mistake they made in the past because they fact is he still seemed to be a good person that was a goodfather that died young and that sucks.