Wow…you guys wrote some novels last night….amazing (and a bit scary) how passionate you are about guns. I own a gun too, but dang...you guys are obsessed Especially considering I don’t see anyone on this thread that has said to ban guns or that it was the problem….just seems like you two right away go on the defensive; which has been posted at least 5 other times in other threads on this site by you guys.

Townie, you do not live in Colorado, so all I can think is you are not aware of how CCW permits have been a concern and many have stated the process is too easy and it is currently in process of trying to get changed. Here is a link to the Denver Post from just last month that addresses the issue: http://www.denverpost.com/2012/12/13...ts-skyrockets/

Couple quotes for you (from a credible Denver Post reporter…so go email Mr. Ryan Parker and don’t act like I wrote these)

“While the number of people seeking a concealed-carry permit for a gun in Colorado has skyrocketed, the ease with which some certification is done is coming under scrutiny, even by Second Amendment supporters.

In Colorado, certification for the permit can be as simple as watching an online video over a lunch hour and taking a free test. In surrounding states, it is not as simple.”

“The ease with which one can apply for certification in Colorado stands in contrast to the process required to gain a hunting license in this state. Gaining the right to hunt requires a minimum of 10 hours of classroom instruction, plus a written and shooting test must be administered, said Randy Hampton, spokesman for Colorado Parks and Wildlife.”

I only compared a CCW to a CDL because both of you stated how much a responsibility it is to have one and I feel a CCW is the same way; in the wrong hands both can be lethal (guns or a commercial vehicle). As stated I feel the process is too easy for a CCW…see link above or go to Groupon and read the comments “fast and easy process”.

Black Knight, I see how you stated how much training and practice you have done for your CCW and that is great; wish every CCW holder was that way, but that is not the case. The thing is a CCW holder can be the best shot in the world, but that does not mean a person will know they are the “good guy” so it could cause confusion…..all I ever said. Personally if I do not see a person firing in a police uniform or a security guard uniform I am going to assume they are the bad guy and not here to help….I don’t get why that may be a concern. Way back in 2012 the number of CCW permits was about 140K issued (way more now as it has skyrocketed.. again see link above). So that is 140K+ people that must be trusted to have the same responsibility as a CCW as you…I just don’t see it happening with those type of numbers.

Anyways to stay on topic, you two do know the Florida shooter did pass all the necessary background checks to obtain a gun and did hold a Class D Security Guard license that allowed him to legally carry 2 firearms? He did over 28hrs of training, so this shows not all CCW holder are mentally stable people…especially because we are now hearing reports how this shooter was reported by people close to him and he was still able to buy a gun.
Last, reports show there were two CCW holders in the club, so that option was used and seemed to not have helped much. Maybe it did or maybe it made things worse (hostages), but overall they were no match for the shooters AR-15 when they had handguns.

Again I am not here saying guns were to blame because I feel it comes down to humans and we are violent people (look at our past). I am not saying CCW is the answer or should be stopped. I simply was stating I could see Zantos argument that it could cause more confusion with people having a CCW and pulling it out at the times. At same time I agree a CCW holder has saved people before….sheesh calm down guys as nobody is trying to take away your rights