Thread: Road Rage on C470

Road Rage on C470

Just saw this on the news this morning. Crazy.

http://kwgn.com/2016/06/13/family-sa...RJqtvLvLb4-Fc8

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

Re: Road Rage on C470

If only they would show the video from 60 seconds before contact. I see plenty of people who just merge in, ignoring a vehicle that is already occupying space. Just saying, the short clip and 1 side of the "facts" doesn't really present a full picture. Sure the ATV vehicle continued driving, not an admission of guilt, perhaps he was unaware <shrug>.
    Officer saw the video and cited both.....
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    If only they would show the video from 60 seconds before contact. I see plenty of people who just merge in, ignoring a vehicle that is already occupying space. Just saying, the short clip and 1 side of the "facts" doesn't really present a full picture. Sure the ATV vehicle continued driving, not an admission of guilt, perhaps he was unaware <shrug>.
    Officer saw the video and cited both.....
    yeah citing them both tells me there is more to the story. plus it's not up to flowing traffic to allow you to merge. people forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    yeah citing them both tells me there is more to the story. plus it's not up to flowing traffic to allow you to merge. people forget that.
    I see terrible merge tactics every day. I thought they taught the bad behavior somewhere.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Here's the full video.
    https://youtu.be/P3THFKyVbEo
    Since the dash cam doesn't point backwards, correct, you don't know what type of merge really took place, but it's pretty clear the camper truck was purposely running him off and road raging.
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    76 Toyota Landcruiser Rockcrawler
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

I work at Schomp and some of my co workers saw the whole thing happen
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

After watching the full video, I feel that the driver of the red truck could have avoided him by slowing down. You can see that camper is getting close to your lane along starting to swerve... slow down maybe? If the guy is going bat shit crazy and honking at you.. you might want to avoid him, you think? I see this stupid crap often on the highway (directed at others, not me), especially on the bike and I will just try to get away from them and let them go be crazy elsewhere.. and wtf, you just leave your jet boat in the middle of the highway to pursue dumbass???? O M G
    Last edited by Sully; Tue Jun 14th, 2016 at 06:55 PM.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Could have slowed down, yes, but lets face it, full video does show white truck pull past, merge into the lane already occupied by red, which is what caused the "initial contact". We didn't see where white was when red merged since we are only forward facing, but white never gave indication that he was struck by red in the first merge. And the subsequent behavior indicates he was pissed, not a victim. And then red over-reacts, over-corrects and causes himself to fishtail and lose their boat; which they leave in the road? in order to chase the white truck down, etc, etc. Be interested in what tickets were issued on both sides.
    Amusing, in the longer video, they point at the red light the white truck ran, as they also run the light.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Everyone is all over red for leaving his boat, but really what could he do with it? It's not like you can get out and push it out of the road. And we're also assuming it ended up in the roadway. It's entirely likely it slid into the ditch. If someone runs into me and takes off you bet your ass I'll be chasing them down too. To hell with whatever happened to the boat. Not to completely defend red, as he's certainly to blame for not backing off to avoid the collision and for over-correcting, but fact still remains that white ran into him, seemingly on purpose, and took off. Isn't fleeing an accident a felony?
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Gold Member

two idiots that both deserve tickets. sounds like Leo nailed this one right on the head.

I was more surprised kids get a truck like that as their first vehicle (comment stated that truck would be his son's in a few years) Mine was a bucket and not some fancy truck my dad was going to hand me down....crazy but I had to work for my own first car.

Can't be a hatter though, so good for that kid.

As for road rage, happens to often I am amazed we don't hear more stories like this as I have a few of my own
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teamextreme View Post
    Everyone is all over red for leaving his boat, but really what could he do with it? It's not like you can get out and push it out of the road. And we're also assuming it ended up in the roadway. It's entirely likely it slid into the ditch. If someone runs into me and takes off you bet your ass I'll be chasing them down too. To hell with whatever happened to the boat. Not to completely defend red, as he's certainly to blame for not backing off to avoid the collision and for over-correcting, but fact still remains that white ran into him, seemingly on purpose, and took off. Isn't fleeing an accident a felony?
    FYI - At the end of the video, it shows the boat in the middle of the highway. Tickets on both sides. Both ran the red light.. I'm not saying he's wrong chasing down the dumbass but he was exactly driving safely either..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Nobody seems to have noticed the little dark Merc ML that came past red AFTER he was fully merged into the right lane of 470. Then the white truck shows up. There's no way red did anything to white while merging from the ramp to 470....HOWEVER, What we don't see, is while red is coming up the 2-lane on ramp from Wadsworth, he is in the right lane. He then moves to the left lane at the meter light, long before the 2 merge into 1. My speculation is that the white truck was in the left lane of the on ramp (behind the black Audi), on the gas hard, with the plan of passing red before the end of the ramp. Then red moves in front of him and makes him hit the brakes (the note on-screen even says "apparently he didn't like my monster truck pulling in front of him with the boat")...now white truck is pissed and has to wait until they are both on 470 before he can jump into the left lane to catch up and be the dick that he ultimately became. So, in summary, red should have just let white go by on the on-ramp and none of this would have happened...and white needs a chill pill...do a quick honk and flip-off as you pass, and move on with your life. No need to intentionally cause a wreck, which he clearly did. Red only deserves a ticket for running the red light, and a slap on the wrist for pissing off white in the first place. But white deserves to go to jail for reckless driving and causing, then leaving the scene of an accident...maybe assault.

Just my opinion, of course, but that's about how I saw it play out.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    FYI - At the end of the video, it shows the boat in the middle of the highway. Tickets on both sides. Both ran the red light.. I'm not saying he's wrong chasing down the dumbass but he was exactly driving safely either..
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
    Nobody seems to have noticed the little dark Merc ML that came past red AFTER he was fully merged into the right lane of 470. Then the white truck shows up. There's no way red did anything to white while merging from the ramp to 470....HOWEVER, What we don't see, is while red is coming up the 2-lane on ramp from Wadsworth, he is in the right lane. He then moves to the left lane at the meter light, long before the 2 merge into 1. My speculation is that the white truck was in the left lane of the on ramp (behind the black Audi), on the gas hard, with the plan of passing red before the end of the ramp. Then red moves in front of him and makes him hit the brakes (the note on-screen even says "apparently he didn't like my monster truck pulling in front of him with the boat")...now white truck is pissed and has to wait until they are both on 470 before he can jump into the left lane to catch up and be the dick that he ultimately became. So, in summary, red should have just let white go by on the on-ramp and none of this would have happened...and white needs a chill pill...do a quick honk and flip-off as you pass, and move on with your life. No need to intentionally cause a wreck, which he clearly did. Red only deserves a ticket for running the red light, and a slap on the wrist for pissing off white in the first place. But white deserves to go to jail for reckless driving and causing, then leaving the scene of an accident...maybe assault.

Just my opinion, of course, but that's about how I saw it play out.
    Ding Ding Ding, I think we have a winner.
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Entertaining all the same. They are both idiots. Dad in truck sounded like they were about to die,, haha. Like cmon man let the old dude get in front of you.

What DDriver said - do a quick honk and flip-off as you pass, and move on with your life.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

I didn't watch the video because I'm at work so try to avoid stuff like that taking up bandwidth... I know these answers might be biased because this is a sportbike forum, but how big of a dick am I that I never really ever slow down to allow someone to merge if they aren't at all up to highway speed? If something dangerous is up ahead then I will let them in but for me if moving over isn't an option for me they can deal with it. If you're committed and up to speed I'll definitely let you over wont cut you off but there's two parts to the equation. (mini rant)
    Also this story involves people in a truck pulling a boat, that I can understand and would slow down for. But for those people driving sedans with like a V6 and stuff but don't have a care in the world to actually reach cruising speed for the merge... They think they're being so "Eco Friendly" by accelerating slowly but they lose track of the fact that they cause 20-100-1000 cars/trucks/semis all driving at cruising speed to slow down and then have to speed up when they do that
    And then there's the traffic jams that happen too

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    how big of a dick am I that I never really ever slow down to allow someone to merge if they aren't at all up to highway speed? If something dangerous is up ahead then I will let them in but for me if moving over isn't an option for me they can deal with it. If you're committed and up to speed I'll definitely let you over wont cut you off but there's two parts to the equation. (mini rant)
    You job merging into traffic is to get up to speed, it isn't the main flows job to slow down to account for you not knowing how to merge (which seems to be a HUGE misunderstanding on how traffic flow works for Colorado drivers). It is also my job as the main road's occupant to get out of the merging lane on multiple lane roads (also some CO drivers don't seem to get). IMO.

I also do go out of my way to look out for other people towing, many drivers don't and seem to have no clue on extra time and space needed.

When we were towing our 35footer 5th wheel, it took forever to get up to speed, more distance than some merging lanes. Some drivers don't seem to understand how zipper merges work and well.. if you won't slow down, speed up or move over, you'd be surprised how a huge dually towing a trailer gets the point across. (Yeah, I'm an ass)
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I just hang them out to dry on the merge lane. I'm running at least 70ft long why do I have to give your minivan any room if you're not looking? Speed up or slow down. Idgaf.

As far as the video.... The dad told the kid the other guy might have a gun... Yet he chases him down. With the kid in the car. Even though they are running video? . I call bullshit. and all the screaming while he's sliding? Cmon!
    Blah.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    When we were towing our 35footer 5th wheel, it took forever to get up to speed, more distance than some merging lanes. Some drivers don't seem to understand how zipper merges work and well.. if you won't slow down, speed up or move over, you'd be surprised how a huge dually towing a trailer gets the point across. (Yeah, I'm an ass)
    ha! try a 80000 pound semi.

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    I didn't watch the video because I'm at work so try to avoid stuff like that taking up bandwidth... I know these answers might be biased because this is a sportbike forum, but how big of a dick am I that I never really ever slow down to allow someone to merge if they aren't at all up to highway speed? If something dangerous is up ahead then I will let them in but for me if moving over isn't an option for me they can deal with it. If you're committed and up to speed I'll definitely let you over wont cut you off but there's two parts to the equation. (mini rant)
    Also this story involves people in a truck pulling a boat, that I can understand and would slow down for. But for those people driving sedans with like a V6 and stuff but don't have a care in the world to actually reach cruising speed for the merge... They think they're being so "Eco Friendly" by accelerating slowly but they lose track of the fact that they cause 20-100-1000 cars/trucks/semis all driving at cruising speed to slow down and then have to speed up when they do that
    And then there's the traffic jams that happen too
    You're not that big of a dick at all. I do the very same thing all the time. I enjoy stuffing people on merge lanes, especially when they don't/won't use a signal to notify myself and other traffic that they want to merge. If I don't see a signal, I assume that the driver is going straight and if that means straight into a jersey barrier, shoulder, curbing, and dirt/grass area, then that's their problem. It infuriates me that people can't seem to use their signal indicator to change lanes, merge into traffic or let you know they're making a turn. It's not a dick move, when other people are being dicks to begin with. I call it them getting what they deserve.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

yeah, caged animals all think they have the right away, it is funny to me that they thinking turning on their turn signal gives them the right away and you should slow down for them. they are merging, they can speed up or slow down to find an opening, it isn't everyone elses job to make sure they get in.

Just having the red truck, they way he talks and acts and is trying to be the first to point fingers... he easily could of slowed down when the trailer hit him so he clearly wasn't being nice either.
    "On my steel horse I ride"
    2013 CBR1000RR, 20769 Miles

It all boils down to selfishness or entitlement. I'm not moving for you to merge, I'm not moving to fit into a hole in traffic.... no wonder road rage happens.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...