Thread: when fire takes it all.

Gold Member

when fire takes it all.

I rarely ask for help but today I'm not asking. I am begging. all i am asking for is to spread the word of Erins go fund me. right now she is a mother who works 60 hours a week. rebuilt her life last year after leaving an abusive husband. started from the ground up. asked for nothing. now has lost almost everything because one person couldn't put their cigarette out. her home is gone. she is wearing borrowed clothes. spent 200 dollars just wash her clothes. couldn't even get them dried in time. this has been one of the longest 24 hours of my life. and all I ask is for you to share a link. this is my plea for a little help. hope all of you are doing well. hug your loved ones. take an extra minute in your recliner. you never know if/when it might all get snatched away from you.

https://www.gofundme.com/29jkdvg

Gold Member

Re: when fire takes it all.

Wow, how horrible; one of my worst nightmares……donated $10. I know not much, but I hope it can at least help

P.S. I gave you a "shot out" on her page so she knows it came from your alert. See this is the caring Townie I know
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jun 16th, 2016 at 07:26 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

bro thank you. yesterday was three hours of running around. four hours of sifting through the rubble just trying to find clothes. four hours of just washing clothes hoping the smoke would come out of the clothes. ran out of time to dry it all. that also cost 200 dollars.

we haven't even put together what furniture is toast and whats not. so much more work to do I can't even wrap my head around whats still to come.

Donated. Fire is one of my worst nightmares too. Losing literally everything especially things with sentimental value would be devastating.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    bro thank you. yesterday was three hours of running around. four hours of sifting through the rubble just trying to find clothes. four hours of just washing clothes hoping the smoke would come out of the clothes. ran out of time to dry it all. that also cost 200 dollars.

we haven't even put together what furniture is toast and whats not. so much more work to do I can't even wrap my head around whats still to come.
    You are a good guy for going and helping her out; she is going to need all the support she can get at this point as I could not imagine how horrible it would be. It truly is one of my biggest fears because it can happen to anyone at any time; we take for granted how easy a fire can start and destroy.

The good thing is she and her girls are safe (even her dog) and that is what matters.

I still remember riding up to after the Hayman Fire years ago and pulling off the side of the road and just looking at the damage a fire can bring….miles and miles of just everything gone (138,000 acres). Was truly a “eye opening” experience of how crazy the power of fire can be. Then another big fire hit near my home town in NM; the Cerro Grande Fire. My college (UNM; Los Alamos) is gone and over 400 people lost their homes: 48,000 acres.

too bad she's not in SC. I'm in the process of getting rid of all my furniture before I move back to CO. Would be cost prohibitive to try to get it to NV.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Gold Member

thanks guy. you are really awesome.

I have a washer and dryer she is welcome to. They were replaced because the dryer was making noises like a drum bearing starting to go out. The washer is 100% functional, the dryer still works fine but it could die in a month or it could last 5 years. They are Maytag Neptune front loader

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Tough thing to go through but she sounds like a tough person. Sent a little her way...
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Gold Member

well after another long day washer and dryer are saved. most of the belongings in the living room are okay. the couch is done. her bed and her two year olds bed are done. all of Gemma's stuffed animals are gone. well anything that was in her room is gone. saved some clothes. we have a lot to go through still. laundry being done nonstop.

guys you are awesome. thanks for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    well after another long day washer and dryer are saved. most of the belongings in the living room are okay. the couch is done. her bed and her two year olds bed are done. all of Gemma's stuffed animals are gone. well anything that was in her room is gone. saved some clothes. we have a lot to go through still. laundry being done nonstop.

guys you are awesome. thanks for everything.
    Glad to hear some of the stuff was not burnt. How are the kids doing? I couldn't imagine being that young and having to go through that. As a teenage our mobile home was robbed and that was bad enough.

I see the gofundme amount has went up...nice

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Glad to hear some of the stuff was not burnt. How are the kids doing? I couldn't imagine being that young and having to go through that. As a teenage our mobile home was robbed and that was bad enough.

I see the gofundme amount has went up...nice
    yes people have really helped out a lot. you guys are awesome. truly. very truly. its been really hard to keep up with everyone trying to help.

can't keep up with all the Facebook messages. thanks again guys!