Thread: Replacement Title for my Ninja

Replacement Title for my Ninja

It appears that I no longer have the title to my ZX14. It was originally titled in Kansas and is still tagged for Kansas. I want to get a replacement title but I am not sure if I now go to Colorado or Kansas to get the replacement. Does anyone know? I couldn't find anything online that helps me figure this out. When I went to the Kansas site and looked at the forms it asks for a current Kansas DL which I no longer have.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Replacement Title for my Ninja

I think you are good to go in CO as long as you at least have your registration.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/titles-faqs

I am new to Colorado. What do I need to register and title my vehicle?
    Once you have established residency in your county take the out-of-state title or registration for the vehicle that is not more than 6 months expired, driver license, proof of Colorado insurance, and VIN verification. If your county requires a current Colorado emissions test, Proof of Emissions test must be included also.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    I think you are good to go in CO as long as you at least have your registration.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/titles-faqs

I am new to Colorado. What do I need to register and title my vehicle?
    Once you have established residency in your county take the out-of-state title or registration for the vehicle that is not more than 6 months expired, driver license, proof of Colorado insurance, and VIN verification. If your county requires a current Colorado emissions test, Proof of Emissions test must be included also.
    Thanks!

The registration will get you a Colorado registration but you must get a duplicate Kansas title before a Colorado title will be issued. If the online system requires a Kansas DL you will need to call them to see what you need to do. I work in a dealer and this is straight from our title clerk. The good news is she said Kansas is fairly easy to work with compared to some states

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    The registration will get you a Colorado registration but you must get a duplicate Kansas title before a Colorado title will be issued. If the online system requires a Kansas DL you will need to call them to see what you need to do. I work in a dealer and this is straight from our title clerk. The good news is she said Kansas is fairly easy to work with compared to some states
    That is what I was afraid of. Thank you so much for checking with your title clerk Longrider!