Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

The wifey said she saw you yesterday, in a cast.
    Told her you snapped your bike in Half???
    What the hell happened?
    You in the market for a slightly used 2012 Multistrada?
    Only been to Pasadena for church on Sundays.
    Never been down, wheelied, or run out to the limiter.
    Only been thru 8-9 sets of touring tires, ridden by a slow old man.
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Re: Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

He low,sided and when it corrected the bike threw his ass off and down a cliff, broke his ankle, collar bone, and shoulder.

Gold Member

holy fucking hell! heal up Clovis!

Owch!!! Hope you get better and heal 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    holy fucking hell! heal up Clovis!
    ^^^damn dude heal fast!!
    05 SV 650-New baby
    01 Buell Blast-1st bike

I'm glad he's more or less ok, don't want this to happen to anyone.

But we all knew it was coming. Wouldn't have happened had he been on the track. Tell me again how Black Hills is the cheapest track day money can buy?

Hey Mike,

Maybe, all though I'm really look at the new 1290 Super Duke GT to replace it. Right now though I'm deciding if I'm going to continue to ride in the canyons. Not really interested in track riding, may pick up a KTM 690 Enduro R and ride trails. My little girl needs her dad around and this one could have easily killed me.

I've been meaning to post about this forever.

I lost the rear end on the center paint line. It had just recently been painted and was super slick. One of the firefighters slipped on it while carrying me to the helicopter and nearly dropped me, LOL.

Got the whole thing on video though.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Damn. Glad you made it through with a pulse. We humans are fragile things, more so on two wheels with sporting mindset.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I lost the rear end on the center paint line. It had just recently been painted and was super slick. One of the firefighters slipped on it while carrying me to the helicopter and nearly dropped me, LOL.
    You know, I know if we can haul humans to the Moon and back, we ought to be able to come up with road paint that can have a little more friction to it. Maybe it's something we ought to get the AMA to work on.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    You know, I know if we can haul humans to the Moon and back, we ought to be able to come up with road paint that can have a little more friction to it. Maybe it's something we ought to get the AMA to work on.
    And lets take a look at the tar stripes as well...
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Sorry to hear about the get off Justin!
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Yes, it's the Government's fault he rode past his skill level, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Yes, it's the Government's fault he rode past his skill level, again.
    I wasn't referring to his specific accident, but the well-known fact that road paint (and tar snakes) are very slippery, especially when they're wet. You can't always avoid them either (e.g. crosswalks). It seems reasonable, you know, in the interest of safety that officers like yourself are always touting, that we ought to explore ways of increasing the friction of said materials. It would benefit motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians greatly.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I've seen mention of, but can't find specification for, FIM approved paints for track curbing and grid markings. Maybe a rider makes a bad decision on corner entry speed or direction - yeah that's on the pilot. Wouldn't look to blame any govt. But sometimes other nonsense in the road, for whatever reason, could cause need to cross some line drawn in paint or tar. Maybe even just the dashed lines separating multi-lane roads could cause a slip. This sort of thing wouldn't eliminate a rider at the limit going down - we've all seen top level racers go down when tracking into the painted area of an apex or, even the painted corner exit curbing. But if the balance of cost to an agency or state is similar or preferably less to use a different compound, especially when factoring EMS and whatever other costs involved, maybe it's worth looking at the stuff we draw lines on the road with.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

If you go here: http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/ and put in keyword paint it will take you to http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/d...07/no_cache/1/ which has the list of currently approved paints and test results of the new one they approved.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    If you go here: http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/ and put in keyword paint it will take you to http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/d...07/no_cache/1/ which has the list of currently approved paints and test results of the new one they approved.
    I'm not familiar with the SRT units, but with 77 being dry asphalt, that paint's value is 74, which strikes me a pretty good. I'd like to see numbers on the stuff that is used on the street. This stuff may not have the right properties for the street (e.g. durability), but it seems to me that if street appilcations not being researched, it would be worthwhile to do so.

--Thomas Jefferson

Gold Member

http://www.bobvila.com/articles/quic...slip-surfaces/

its already been figured out. its just a matter of using it.

http://www.bobvila.com/articles/quic...slip-surfaces/

its already been figured out. its just a matter of using it.
    Well, that would have been my first approach, but there could be issues with it that I'm not familiar with (e.g. application issues, durability)

--Thomas Jefferson

I'm not familiar with the SRT units, but with 77 being dry asphalt, that paint's value is 74, which strikes me a pretty good. I'd like to see numbers on the stuff that is used on the street. This stuff may not have the right properties for the street (e.g. durability), but it seems to me that if street appilcations not being researched, it would be worthwhile to do so.
    The one they tested in that document is meant to be removed with a power washer as well. I imagine you can find the test results for the other approved paints. I expect you could find a happy medium somewhere that might not be FIM approved, but would be better than what's currently used.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Gold Member

Well, that would have been my first approach, but there could be issues with it that I'm not familiar with (e.g. application issues, durability)
    we used it forever and a day ago at our bmx track. it helped give traction for riders with clipless pedals. it held up to steal scratching against it all the time.

think it's just too expensive. I imagine they find the cheapest thing as possible to paint those lines.

think it's just too expensive. I imagine they find the cheapest thing as possible to paint those lines.
    That'd be my guess too.

--Thomas Jefferson

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    He low,sided and when it corrected the bike threw his ass off and down a cliff, broke his ankle, collar bone, and shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm glad he's more or less ok, don't want this to happen to anyone.

But we all knew it was coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Hey Mike,

Maybe, all though I'm really look at the new 1290 Super Duke GT to replace it. Right now though I'm deciding if I'm going to continue to ride in the canyons. Not really interested in track riding, may pick up a KTM 690 Enduro R and ride trails. My little girl needs her dad around and this one could have easily killed me.

I've been meaning to post about this forever.

Got the whole thing on video though.
    A couple thoughts on this.
    First, it's great you're still with us, and your family still has their dad. Hope you heal up quickly.
    Stuff happens, more so if pushing the matter like we all have done.
    I have ridden fast for years, over 40, and have wrecked once, and have been taken out a couple times by others, so I can comment as I understand how the risks versus rewards scenarios happen, but.....
    Like double A ron stated, anyone who has rode with you in the last few years knew this was going to happen to you sooner or later.
    The poor choices you were making riding was a recipe for disaster.
    Passing on the right, passing on blind corners, passing everything was incredibly dangerous.
    Splitting cars where they are so freaked out they both go into the shoulder, and speeding everywhere has finally caught up to you.
    You got off relatively lucky, as it could've been fatal, and not only for you, but others as well who you put in danger.
    Please do everyone, yourself, and your family a huge favor, and never buy another bike, ever!
    If you think I'm being to harsh, good. It really needs to be said, and perhaps it will open your eyes and others to what happens when a person rides like you have.
    There is a time and place to go fast. Anyone can go fast. The trick is to know when to go slow, and have the maturity and self control to do just that.
    Please post up the video, I'm sure it will reveal exactly why you wrecked.
    Last edited by Bashed; Sat Jul 30th, 2016 at 08:19 PM.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Gold Member

easy bashed. eaaaaaaasy. time and place my man. time and place.

No fucking way man, bashed hit that nail right on the head! I've ridden a plenty with Justin and his riding is reckless as fuck. He as always ridden as if he had nothing to live for and there was no fear at all. I think the kid thing will help but he does need to do some thinking, how many bikes has he wrecked in the last 3 years?

could not have said it better myself.