Thread: 2nd Annual "The CSC Invades Sturgis" Trip - Aug. 11-14 (Thurs-Sun)

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

2nd Annual "The CSC Invades Sturgis" Trip - Aug. 11-14 (Thurs-Sun)

I'm planning a slightly longer trip this year (4 days), but you're more than welcome to partake for less than than that (arrive later/leave earlier)!

The official dates for Sturgis this year are Aug. 8-14, and even though everything is in full swing by Saturday the 6th, I'll be at HPR for the MRA races that first weekend, so... the end of the rally it is!

The plan is to leave Thursday morning (Aug. 11 - actual time TBD, but thinking 7AM to try and beat rush hour). It's about 400 miles (from my place), which takes around 8 hours with stops, and should get us into Sturgus around 3 PM.

Similar to last year, we will be camping. Cost was $25 per person, per night. The campground is about a 4 minute ride, or 15 minute walk, from the end of the Strip (the section of Main St. that's closed to everything but motorcycle and pedestrian traffic).

I'm planning on leaving Sturgis Sunday morning (Aug. 14)... depending on who goes, we could, like last year, stop for a late breakfast on the way back (vs. eating in town before leaving).

Here are most of my pics from last year.

If you're interested in coming along, for all, or part of this ride, post up here or send me a PM.
    (and if all else fails, email me at cosportbikeclub@hotmail.com)
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: 2nd Annual "The CSC Invades Sturgis" Trip - Aug. 11-14 (Thurs-Sun)

The trip last year was awesome. Thanks for the pics. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to walk around looking at interesting bikes with street food and alcohol. Just don't expect to always enjoy the curvy surrounding roads with hundreds of thousands of 30mph max shorts and t shirt road clogs during the official week. The night roll into town was kinda epic though a few places back at a good pace watching the headlights sequentially tilt through the trees well after the slow had abandoned the roads.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

I might have to call in sick from work for this. Keep me updated on this site, I can't follow it on facebook because my boss is on there

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
    I might have to call in sick from work for this. Keep me updated on this site, I can't follow it on facebook because my boss is on there
    Is your boss a member of the CSC FB group? A link to this thread is posted there...

And, bump!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

No, it's all good, just didn't know how Facebook work. Didn't know that group chat is private.
    I just took a week vacation, so I'm doubtful that I get more days off, but I'll try anyway. I'll let you know.