0 0%
  • Could Care less

5 45.45%

Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    but barn does bring up a good point. Mayweather didn't fight his normal. I wouldn't really agree it's because how good Conor is. there is plenty of times in that fight it was clear Conor wasn't a boxer. including the end result. not saying Conor isn't tough as fuck because clearly the man's a monster. just saying I knew from day one that Conor was never going to win that fight. I gave him a million to one chance of a lucky strick.

it would have the same results as a wrestling champion trying to win a boxing match or vise versa. if Mayweather stepped in the cage I'd throw everything I owned on Conor winning the fight.

a well balanced cage fighter would never stand a chance against a pure professional of just one art. it's what they do. all day every day. hell Michael Jordan was an amazing basketball player.... couldn't play baseball for shit. lol
    Well not really Barn’s point as this started minutes after the fight ended online all over. A bunch of boxers (think De La Hoya started it) came out saying Floyd let Conor win those first rounds. Then it got into what Barn said and how it was because Mayweather engaged this time and that is why his stats are better. Overall just sore losers though and who cares (wll not losers, but they wanted Conor destroyed in first round and did not happen)…..it was a great fight so why go and take the energy to dismiss a performance based all on hearsay….only really Floyd knows the truth. Yet Floyd gave Conor props on his boxing so it was either a lie or he was just better than most people gave him credit for.

Yeah never meant it was because Conor was that good a boxer…it was that his style has never been seen before and that changes everything. Again though, all over the internet it is being argued that Floyd was forced into this style because Conor’s style was so un-orthodox. Look people said the same thing about Lyota Machida and how it was weird how some legends could not beat him, but it was because it was a style they never saw before in MMA (Karate).

I get what you are saying, but a transition from MMA to boxing is way easier because most MMA guys do have boxing training…more than people realize. Local retired fighter Brendan Schaub was a golden glove champion here in Denver before he went into UFC, but very people know that as he usesd BJJ/wrestling more….it’s the same with many UFC fighters. Conor actually trained boxing before MMA….as a kid and through his teenage years. Now a boxer trains little to no ground game because they don’t need too…..so they have to start from the ground up and that takes probably 10 years to even be able to try; CM Punk gave it three years of serious MMA training and was destroyed! We saw Conor give it a few months and do decent…most thought he would not last one round.

I do agree with what you say though and boxing is a pure standup so they will be better, but I just don’t think we should discount the striking skills of some MMA fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    This is exactly why so many people knew the outcome of this fight. Mayweather has lived boxing all his life. Conor had a chance to win in a boxing forum, but that chance was SO slim as to not even matter. Reverse those rolls and throw Mayweather into a cage, and, I am with #1Townie, Conor would dominate Mayweather. Also, it will never happen, as Mayweather damn well knows he would get his ass handed to him.
    Well it's already been tried....google James Tony vs Randy Couture...lasted 3:19 seconds. At least Conor lasted over 25 minutes.

See I disagree and I felt he had a better than "slim" chance to win because people underestimate MMA guys standup. The only reason it was a "slim" chance is because rules that make boxing a sport more than a actual fighting style.

MMA will always beat boxing in a true fight!!!!!!

Here is a list of UFC fighters that have a pro boxing record; 57 of them! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...boxing_records

Here is even Anderson Silva in a pro boxing match:
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 30th, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!