View Poll Results: Would you watch Mayweather vs Conor

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • For Sure

    6 54.55%
  • No Way

    0 0%
  • Could Care less

    5 45.45%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 97 to 120 of 120

Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

  1. #97
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    but barn does bring up a good point. Mayweather didn't fight his normal. I wouldn't really agree it's because how good Conor is. there is plenty of times in that fight it was clear Conor wasn't a boxer. including the end result. not saying Conor isn't tough as fuck because clearly the man's a monster. just saying I knew from day one that Conor was never going to win that fight. I gave him a million to one chance of a lucky strick.

    it would have the same results as a wrestling champion trying to win a boxing match or vise versa. if Mayweather stepped in the cage I'd throw everything I owned on Conor winning the fight.

    a well balanced cage fighter would never stand a chance against a pure professional of just one art. it's what they do. all day every day. hell Michael Jordan was an amazing basketball player.... couldn't play baseball for shit. lol
    Well not really Barn’s point as this started minutes after the fight ended online all over. A bunch of boxers (think De La Hoya started it) came out saying Floyd let Conor win those first rounds. Then it got into what Barn said and how it was because Mayweather engaged this time and that is why his stats are better. Overall just sore losers though and who cares (wll not losers, but they wanted Conor destroyed in first round and did not happen)…..it was a great fight so why go and take the energy to dismiss a performance based all on hearsay….only really Floyd knows the truth. Yet Floyd gave Conor props on his boxing so it was either a lie or he was just better than most people gave him credit for.

    Yeah never meant it was because Conor was that good a boxer…it was that his style has never been seen before and that changes everything. Again though, all over the internet it is being argued that Floyd was forced into this style because Conor’s style was so un-orthodox. Look people said the same thing about Lyota Machida and how it was weird how some legends could not beat him, but it was because it was a style they never saw before in MMA (Karate).

    I get what you are saying, but a transition from MMA to boxing is way easier because most MMA guys do have boxing training…more than people realize. Local retired fighter Brendan Schaub was a golden glove champion here in Denver before he went into UFC, but very people know that as he usesd BJJ/wrestling more….it’s the same with many UFC fighters. Conor actually trained boxing before MMA….as a kid and through his teenage years. Now a boxer trains little to no ground game because they don’t need too…..so they have to start from the ground up and that takes probably 10 years to even be able to try; CM Punk gave it three years of serious MMA training and was destroyed! We saw Conor give it a few months and do decent…most thought he would not last one round.

    I do agree with what you say though and boxing is a pure standup so they will be better, but I just don’t think we should discount the striking skills of some MMA fighters.

    Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    This is exactly why so many people knew the outcome of this fight. Mayweather has lived boxing all his life. Conor had a chance to win in a boxing forum, but that chance was SO slim as to not even matter. Reverse those rolls and throw Mayweather into a cage, and, I am with #1Townie, Conor would dominate Mayweather. Also, it will never happen, as Mayweather damn well knows he would get his ass handed to him.
    Well it's already been tried....google James Tony vs Randy Couture...lasted 3:19 seconds. At least Conor lasted over 25 minutes.

    See I disagree and I felt he had a better than "slim" chance to win because people underestimate MMA guys standup. The only reason it was a "slim" chance is because rules that make boxing a sport more than a actual fighting style.

    MMA will always beat boxing in a true fight!!!!!!


    Here is a list of UFC fighters that have a pro boxing record; 57 of them! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...boxing_records

    Here is even Anderson Silva in a pro boxing match:
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 30th, 2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  2. #98
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Doubt you guys will listen, but I felt Joe Rogan explained it well:
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  3. #99
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Wow, Floyd is a good actor letting Conor do this to sell the fight....the greatest counter puncher letting Conor counter punch him with a huge uppercut


    Oh right.....must be because what Barn said "it was Floyd's decision to expose himself more (to danger) in this fight. He did this to please the crowd". Looked so real too
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 30th, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  4. #100
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    17,619

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    You're missing the point Nate.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 675 - "Amy Lou"
    (720)935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move its in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

  5. #101
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,378

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Wow, Floyd is a good actor letting Conor do this to sell the fight....the greatest counter puncher letting Conor counter punch him with a huge uppercut


    Oh right.....must be because what Barn said "it was Floyd's decision to expose himself more (to danger) in this fight. He did this to please the crowd". Looked so real too
    I would like to point out you are using a pic of a partial blocked punch.

    you need to calm down dude. no one has said anything negative about Conor. well until now. because you are forcing this hand.


    you want truth? here's your truth. Conor could do what he said he could. I called this fight from day one and I have never even watched his or even Mayweather fight. I knew for a fact Connor would come out swinging and end up beating himself. I knew for a fact he would gas and Mayweather would take advantage of it.

    why did I know this? because I actually looked at how both fighters fight and read about what they do. I used no emotions in my decisions because I don't give a flying fuck about either of them. still don't. was just enjoying a conversation about.

    truth is Conor had no business in that ring. he lost a shit ton of money for his fans all so he could make a buck. he never had a chance of beating this over the hill RETIRED boxer. anyone who has actually trained in these things knows this. you fight your fight... not your opponents fight. you want to tell me about the training? have you done it yet or are you still going off of what your friend of a friend has told you? because I have. and yes you do train for boxing. it's more like kick boxing than regular boxing because of how light you want to stay on your feet to deliver kicks. but yes you did. not like someone who only trains for boxing.

    also because you want to bring it up I'll bite. Mayweather is 40 years old and retired. Conor is 29 years old. ummmm... so the young buck who is just so bad ass couldn't beat the old retired fart because why?

    Mayweather didn't respect Conor the same way he did his other opponents. he knew he would win and so because of that he took chances to put on a good show and at the end of the day shit up a loud moth shit talker. well.. and make a shit load of money like he likes to do. lol.

    period you can come up with whatever argument you want and call it haters being haters but the fact is that mmas best couldn't beat a retired boxer. period. done. the fight is over. been proven.

    so seriously dude heard what people are saying. maybe in another five years Conor could fight again for a belt in boxing but he has a shit ton of work to do before he is ever at the level of being able to hold a belt in boxing. there is still time for him... not much... some..

    if you think this was anything other than a publicity stunt you fell for it hook line and sinker. if you ever thought Conor had a chance I'm sorry dude. he didn't. it was never realistic.

    still love ya so don't go nuclear on me. I know how much you love the UFC. just have to say it how it is because that's who I am.

  6. #102
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I would like to point out you are using a pic of a partial blocked punch.

    you need to calm down dude. no one has said anything negative about Conor. well until now. because you are forcing this hand.


    you want truth? here's your truth. Conor could do what he said he could. I called this fight from day one and I have never even watched his or even Mayweather fight. I knew for a fact Connor would come out swinging and end up beating himself. I knew for a fact he would gas and Mayweather would take advantage of it.

    why did I know this? because I actually looked at how both fighters fight and read about what they do. I used no emotions in my decisions because I don't give a flying fuck about either of them. still don't. was just enjoying a conversation about.

    truth is Conor had no business in that ring. he lost a shit ton of money for his fans all so he could make a buck. he never had a chance of beating this over the hill RETIRED boxer. anyone who has actually trained in these things knows this. you fight your fight... not your opponents fight. you want to tell me about the training? have you done it yet or are you still going off of what your friend of a friend has told you? because I have. and yes you do train for boxing. it's more like kick boxing than regular boxing because of how light you want to stay on your feet to deliver kicks. but yes you did. not like someone who only trains for boxing.

    also because you want to bring it up I'll bite. Mayweather is 40 years old and retired. Conor is 29 years old. ummmm... so the young buck who is just so bad ass couldn't beat the old retired fart because why?

    Mayweather didn't respect Conor the same way he did his other opponents. he knew he would win and so because of that he took chances to put on a good show and at the end of the day shit up a loud moth shit talker. well.. and make a shit load of money like he likes to do. lol.

    period you can come up with whatever argument you want and call it haters being haters but the fact is that mmas best couldn't beat a retired boxer. period. done. the fight is over. been proven.

    so seriously dude heard what people are saying. maybe in another five years Conor could fight again for a belt in boxing but he has a shit ton of work to do before he is ever at the level of being able to hold a belt in boxing. there is still time for him... not much... some..

    if you think this was anything other than a publicity stunt you fell for it hook line and sinker. if you ever thought Conor had a chance I'm sorry dude. he didn't. it was never realistic.

    still love ya so don't go nuclear on me. I know how much you love the UFC. just have to say it how it is because that's who I am.
    So wait, you've never watched a Mayweather fight or a Conor Fight, but have this strong opinion.....ummmm...ok...how can I argue with that

    No worries though man....I am not upset....I just come off wrong at times.

    ps. We've been over this several times on training. I have over 15 wrestling medals if we want to talk about the past. i wrestled and did tournaments for about 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    You're missing the point Nate.
    I just figured if anyone could understand the respect Conor deserves it would have been you......sure he didn't win, but I feel it was still a win for MMA. It's not just me, plenty of pro boxers have now given respect to Conor for his boxing skills.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 30th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  7. #103
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Honestly Townie I've watched the clip I posted like 5 more times and I just don't see a block? It hit Floyd's chest a bit, but his head clearly snapped back. What am I missing?



    EDIT: Townie.......you do know that was a video and not a pic....you need to click
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 30th, 2017 at 04:31 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  8. #104
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Anyways, here is a better angle of it....plus many other landed punches. So many said he would not land one punch, so someone made this clip


    I get you guys weren't impressed, but honestly I was impressed and seeing these shots again I feel same way.....not bad for a guy with no pro boxing matches. For $100 million I'd get in that ring for sure though!
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 30th, 2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  9. #105
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,378

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Anyways, here is a better angle of it....plus many other landed punches. So many said he would not land one punch, so someone made this clip


    I get you guys weren't impressed, but honestly I was impressed and seeing these shots again I feel same way.....not bad for a guy with no pro boxing matches. For $100 million I'd get in that ring for sure though!

    lol I didn't see the play and only seen the pic. lol! sorry busy day. honestly after watching the video... I'm even more impressed with Mayweather. landing a stroke while being hit and blocking a second stroke? nice work.

    and no I'm not impressed with Conor. if you are going to run your mouth you better back that shit up. now he could have shut me up if he had at least knocked Mayweather down. done something. but he didn't. sure the first few rounds went to Conor. everyone agreed they would. Conor is a come out the gates swinging for the fences kind of fighter. I know this from what I have read about it. yes you are correct I haven't watched them fight and yes you are correct on have a strong opinion. are you saying that Mayweather isn't the number one defensive boxer the world has ever seen? because I know I didn't make that up. are you going to tell me Connor doesn't come out of the gates swinging like a mad man? 21 wins and 18 of them were tkos? pretty sure that statement stands.

    so we have the best defensive boxer ever.... then we have a brawler... pretty easy to see how this fight is going to end. I'm just saying. I mean if I had been wrong then so be it but it ended exactly how I thought. Conor getting tired and boom fights over. now I know it didn't end with a knock out but come on man we all know that dude was done in the sixth. done. did we need to see him die to prove it? think it was a very well timed stoppage on the refs behalf.

  10. #106
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    17,619

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    ^Like
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 675 - "Amy Lou"
    (720)935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move its in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

  11. #107
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    lol I didn't see theplay and only seen the pic. lol! sorry busy day. honestly after watching thevideo... I'm even more impressed with Mayweather. landing a stroke while beinghit and blocking a second stroke? nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post


    and no I'm not impressed with Conor. if you are going to runyour mouth you better back that shit up. now he could have shut me up if he hadat least knocked Mayweather down. done something. but he didn't. sure the firstfew rounds went to Conor. everyone agreed they would. Conor is a come out thegates swinging for the fences kind of fighter. I know this from what I haveread about it. yes you are correct I haven't watched them fight and yes you arecorrect on have a strong opinion. are you saying that Mayweather isn't thenumber one defensive boxer the world has ever seen? because I know I didn'tmake that up. are you going to tell me Connor doesn't come out of the gatesswinging like a mad man? 21 wins and 18 of them were tkos? pretty sure thatstatement stands.

    so we have the best defensive boxer ever.... then we have abrawler... pretty easy to see how this fight is going to end. I'm just saying.I mean if I had been wrong then so be it but it ended exactly how I thought.Conor getting tired and boom fights over. now I know it didn't end with a knockout but come on man we all know that dude was done in the sixth. done. did weneed to see him die to prove it? think it was a very well timed stoppage on therefs behalf.
    Do doubt that Floyd is the best defensive boxer ever…heck some would argue he is the best boxer ever as he went 50-0…beat the long standing record by Rocky Marciano. I give Floyd his props in the ring and actually I even give him props for how he has dealt with this win; he has taken the higher road than many others and instead of saying what others are, he let Conor win rounds, he actually came out and gave Conor prop and was very humble in his win. He easily could have come out and say it was super easy and how Conor had no business in there, but he did not do this….go watch his post fight press conference.

    Townie, I think you are giving yourself too much credit as if you called some crazy long shot. A 49-0 boxing champion going against a 0-0 MMA in boxing was no mystery of how it should have played out; betting odds were against Conor, stats were against him, experience, short time to train for a boxing match was against him (most get over 6 months; Conor got 2 months), hell evenwhere he fought in Vegas was against him as that is where Floyd lives. So yeah what you are saying is no mystery and if Conor would have won it would have went down as the biggest upset in boxing history. The only thing we are really arguing about is an opinion: I feel Conor did well, and you feel he didn’t….really just comes down to how we see things. Look on the internet and it is being debated all over……

    Yeah I do disagree with you on Conor being a “brawler”. His backround is Karate, Capoeira, and TaeKwon Do and he uses it quite well in the UFC (none of those MA styles is considered a “brawler” type). He is one of the most intelligent and methodical fighters in the UFC and I don’t think his style is considered a brawler at all; if anyone was considered a “brawler” it was Nate Diaz that Conor fought. Granted you have not seen any fight by him and are just going by what people say by his KO’s, he gets those but really not from a brawler type as much more from his excellent timing and angles. To me a brawler is considered a fighter that just comes out throwing wild strikes and hoping they connect and doesn't change his gameplan from that until someone gets KO'd. I do not think this is how Conor fights though; it may seem that way, but his shots are planned and he is a super smart fighter.

    Here is a list I agree with on top ten UFC "Brawlers"....Conor did not make the list, but both Diaz brothers did http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-the-ufc-today
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Aug 31st, 2017 at 08:40 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  12. #108
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,378

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    well the professionals seem to disagree with you and say Conor is a brawler. and he does have some pretty wild moments just swinging for the fences and if you didn't see that in the first round or can't understand that's exactly what burned him out so quick I guess that's just a agree to disagree situation.

    I mean it was a fun show to watch but honestly the part that made me sad was how Conor talked so much shit. got his fans in a frenzy and they put their own cash on the line to support him. now I understand it's gambling but honestly I feel his actions were very reckless. we didn't need to have this record smashing paper view stunt to play this out. this was a Payday for Conor and Mayweather. I'm really starting to have issues with this. exploiting people for personal gain isn't something I'm a big fan of. but hey I'm not in his shoes.

  13. #109
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    well the professionals seem to disagree with you and say Conor is a brawler. and he does have some pretty wild moments just swinging for the fences and if you didn't see that in the first round or can't understand that's exactly what burned him out so quick I guess that's just a agree to disagree situation.

    I mean it was a fun show to watch but honestly the part that made me sad was how Conor talked so much shit. got his fans in a frenzy and they put their own cash on the line to support him. now I understand it's gambling but honestly I feel his actions were very reckless. we didn't need to have this record smashing paper view stunt to play this out. this was a Payday for Conor and Mayweather. I'm really starting to have issues with this. exploiting people for personal gain isn't something I'm a big fan of. but hey I'm not in his shoes.
    Huh...that was an article from Bleacher Report; one of the most respected outlets for MMA.....it clearly did not have Conor on it. Conor is a technical fighter!

    Sorry bro, but this has been discussed on Sherdog also and it also disagrees with you : http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/wh...awler.3580597/

    If we want to talk pros though Mike Tyson was one of the biggest skeptics of Conor before the fight. Seems he changed his mind too now after fight http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/mike...ld-keep-boxing

    I don't think any of Conor's fans are disappointed....I've only seen praise from them Even check out what the UFC pro's are saying....mostly positive https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/2...conor-mcgregor


    But yeah it is a opinion so really hard to argue. Overall I just got to say I was proud of Conor and to me did a excellent job and we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  14. #110
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    17,619

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    My god... Understand the context fellas!!

    In comparison to other competitive BOXERS that F.M. has competed again, YES... Conor is basically a "brawler" in that he doesn't have the refined boxing skills on the level of elite guys. We're not comparing his entire resume here, we're not trying to dissect the full compliment of his skills and talents and techniques.... we're talking about written opinion pieces meant for ENTERTAINMENT VALUE!

    Yes... Conor in comparison to Floyd for this specific contest is basically a brawler who had a "puncher's chance". Yes, Conor could not use his full MMA arsenal of well-crafted fighting weapons, these guys were limited to punching for fuck's sake. Floyd is a maestro at this as Conor (while obviously talented) is still in his first day of class. The credentials can't be denied.

    The characterization of him being a "brawler" in comparison to Floyd is just, if you understand the context of the comments and the competition. If this competition would have been an actual fight (think MMA rules) then that characterization would not have been accurate. If the competition would have been baking cookies or building a cabinet from wood, he might have been referred to as a "novice" and "unskilled". I hope this is sinking in.

    Just like styles make "fights", so does the context of conversation comments! It's not that hard.

    A.) I too am proud of Conor and the very good account of himself that he gave.
    B.) If this boxing match happens 50-times over under similar conditions, the same outcome is very likely.
    C.) Conor - with continued training - probably can very much continue to box more and continue to be entertaining and competitive.

    You guys are trying to wax philosophical about the characteristics and flavors of an apple and an orange, when the juice everybody is trying to drink is labeled "APPLE JUICE ONLY". Of course the fucking orange doesn't belong, and of course it tastes shitty when the expectation is something else. It doesn't mean the orange is a shitty fruit and always tastes bad.

    Context is crucial boys.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Aug 31st, 2017 at 01:04 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 675 - "Amy Lou"
    (720)935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move its in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

  15. #111
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    There goes Barn again stirring the pot for his own amusement. Dude, it's obvious what you do...... I am not falling for it again

    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  16. #112
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    17,619

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    D.) If Conor would have had "fought" Floyd rather than having had to "box" him, he would have won by way of Murder. And/or leg-kicked him until he couldn't stand anymore. #nojailtime
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 675 - "Amy Lou"
    (720)935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move its in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

  17. #113
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,378

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    well shit... the sherdog forums disagree... kind of. as it's definitely not unanimous. but okay. he's a master at striking who throws hammer fists repeatedly in a boxing match. almost to the point of losing a point. super composed pure boxing experience flowing right there. lol


    I'm sorry for calling him a brawler.

  18. #114
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    well shit... the sherdog forums disagree... kind of. as it's definitely not unanimous. but okay. he's a master at striking who throws hammer fists repeatedly in a boxing match. almost to the point of losing a point. super composed pure boxing experience flowing right there. lol


    I'm sorry for calling him a brawler.
    It's really not a big deal man....I really do enjoy our debates as at least some action on CSC. I do see your point too as was very odd (see first post I made on the thread) that it even occuredd in first place. Honestly Conor should have had to go through some lower boxers to get this fight, but it's all about the money.....which I've said bugs me with UFC because I wish it were like a real sport and went by brackets of who won.

    Now Nate and Nick Diaz are some brawlers....Diego Sanchez too, but unfortunately all three of them seem to have brain damage now from all the hits.

    If you ever come to Denver I am going to take you for a beer and watch some Conor fights! I don't think he has had a boring fight yet.


    You playing that PS4 nowadays....saw you bought fights on them. Go buy Killing Floor 2 and let's go tear it up online. It's probably the goriest game ever made and I am pretty addicted to it. Tried to get BK, but he is into the new Call of Duty I don't have yet.
    Killing Floor 2 - Bloodiest Game Of The Year <-click

    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  19. #115
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    17,619

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    In the MMA world, the Diaz brothers are far from considered brawlers, if anything they are know for their "Stockton Slap" style of volume-based boxing and counter striking, not winging punches and constant reckless pressure.
    This is to say nothing if not at least mention their high level Gracie-taught BJJ backgrounds.

    Again, in the context of what we're talking about, I don't think it would ever be fair to consider either of them a brawler. Unless of course they were going to try and go into a boxing match with an elite boxer, then only box to try and win. Then yes... maybe their tough attitudes and hard exteriors might get them referred to as "brawler" or "bruiser". Make no mistake, under the right circumstances the Diaz Bros are clinicians.

    I would say a true "brawler" amongst the MMA ranks would more accurately be a guy like Robbie Lawler. And that's not to throw shade, he's obviously one of the best ever, but he does sometimes toss technique out the window, to try and knock guys into oblivion. Come to think of it, he was brawling with Nate Diaz many years ago, and Nate unplugged him from consciousness for a second and Robbie fell flat to his teeth. Youtube it.

    In the Heavyweight ranks, Ben Rothwell would be a brawler too. Anyway.... I'm out.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 675 - "Amy Lou"
    (720)935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move its in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

  20. #116
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,378

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    nah man I haven't played anything online. been playing ark survival. that game has been hella but holy crap is it a lot of grinding to build the cool stuff.

  21. #117
    Gold Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    nah man I haven't played anything online. been playing ark survival. that game has been hella but holy crap is it a lot of grinding to build the cool stuff.
    I hadn't heard of this game but just saw some gameplay and looks sick. So are you trying to survive a island of dinosaurs? Reminds me of aold school game called Turok I loved. Is it multiplayer?

    Do do you have a PS4 plus account still? You into trading games? I know you are in nv but I'd be down to mail some if you mailed me some. GameStop won't give me shit fir my games and got a ton of them.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Aug 31st, 2017 at 07:09 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

  22. #118
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,378

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I hadn't heard of this game but just saw some gameplay and looks sick. So are you trying to survive a island of dinosaurs? Reminds me of aold school game called Turok I loved. Is it multiplayer?

    Do do you have a PS4 plus account still? You into trading games? I know you are in nv but I'd be down to mail some if you mailed me some. GameStop won't give me shit fir my games and got a ton of them.
    basically yeah you are trying to survive a world of hostile and friendly ones. you can tame the animals and make them your loyal pets. you chop up wood and rock to build stuff. gather berries and meet so you don't die. even have to drink water. if it gets too cold or even too hot you can die.

    it's a lot of fun bro. no I don't have a plus account. I have truly lost interest in hearing screechers talking about fucking my mother. lol!

  23. #119
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,494

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    basically yeah you are trying to survive a world of hostile and friendly ones. you can tame the animals and make them your loyal pets. you chop up wood and rock to build stuff. gather berries and meet so you don't die. even have to drink water. if it gets too cold or even too hot you can die.

    it's a lot of fun bro. no I don't have a plus account. I have truly lost interest in hearing screechers talking about fucking my mother. lol!
    That's the best part man, hearing how someone banged your mother, or calls you every racist name in the book or uses a pitch shifter for their voice. HAHAHA, that's why I like private party chats. You can only hear your team and that's it. It's really cut down on the amount of back and forth banter. Which honestly, used to be a blast. Back when MW3 introduced the rage chat. You could hear your enemy rage for a second or two after killing them. I loved that in the game. I believe it's still there in the COD's but ever since I moved to the PS4, I don't do the open chat with lobbies anymore.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Do today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

    "Respect is earned, not given. Some people have done nothing to earn my respect."






  24. #120
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    8,378

    Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

    hahahaha yeah I used to tell guys I love you when I got killed. make perverted noises like saying oh fuck yeah all creeper like.

    honestly I miss trolling campers but that's about it. trolling campers was probably the most fun I ever had in a fps game. maybe spawn trapping but trolling is so fun.

    in bf4 I would put c4 on the bottom of the teams helicopters and flip the helicopters over as they were flying across the map. people would get sooooooo mad. lol

Similar Threads

  1. WTF.Conor McGregor Announces His Retirement
    By bulldog in forum Non-Bike Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Fri Apr 22nd, 2016, 10:55 AM
  2. Mayweather: King of PPV's (#'s are in)
    By bulldog in forum Non-Bike Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Thu May 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM
  3. Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: May 2nd
    By bulldog in forum Non-Bike Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: Sun May 3rd, 2015, 06:47 PM
  4. Long Way Round w/Ewan McGregor
    By sprtbkbabe in forum Misc. Bike Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Wed Oct 27th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •