Thread: Best Sportbike Simulation Game?

Best Sportbike Simulation Game?

Anyone tried any that they like? I recently bought DriveClub for the PS4 and noticed I could pay for a download for sportbikes. I paid the $14 and was quite surprised at how well it is and the sportbikes they offer….the graphics are sick too. It has 5 different viewpoints, so you can change you perception.

I believe this is the full list and unlocked most of them:
    Bimota BB3
    BMWS1000RR
    Ducati 1098 R
    Ducati 1299 Panigale S
    Ducati Desmosedici RR
    Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP
    Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R 30th Anniversary Edition
    KTM 1290 Super Duke R
    KTM RC8 R
    MV Agusta F4 RR
    Suzuki GSX R1000
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Yamaha YZF-R1
    Yamaha YZF-R1M

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Re: Best Sportbike Simulation Game?

man I used to play tourist trophy for hours. I loved that game but it's old now. lol

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=lRmCGFQlQR8
    Last edited by #1Townie; Wed Oct 5th, 2016 at 05:26 PM.

I'd have to say MotoGP games. I had the 08/09 MotoGP for PS3 and loved it. Only game other than Call of Duty that I've played on PS3. Thought the graphics were o.k but the tracks were fun and really enjoyed all the modes. Motegi was my best track, I managed to win that race a fun 1m 6secs ahead of everyone else. In fact I was lapping so quick I lapped Sete Gibernau right at the end as I crossed the finish line. Other track I did really well with was Mugello, I could take all the chicanes and arribiata 1&2 so quick that the rest of the riders would get sucked out of the screen as soon as I went into the corners. Managed 14 wins in one season(playing as Rossi). Tracks I never won at were Donington, Estoril and Laguna Seca. Thought about getting one of the new MotoGP games, but you play one and they are all the same(especially racing games). I'm also giving up on Call of Duty, had enough of on-line gaming. I'm going to use the PS4 for Youtube, Amazon and Hulu I guess..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I have that moto gp as well, but my p3 would cut out every now and then. So this download for Driveclub might be a good reason to finally get the p4.

hmmmm. After viewing the video... The bike turning motion is less to be desired. Yeah, 14 dollar download.
    Last edited by mdub; Thu Oct 6th, 2016 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    man I used to play tourist trophy for hours. I loved that game but it's old now. lol

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=lRmCGFQlQR8
    Never tired that one, but pretty impressive considering it was for the PS2. Not sure how I missed that title other than I probably was playing MotoGP. Townie, you even playing PS4 nowadays? I picked up the newest Doom and am playing that as well as this racing game

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I'd have to say MotoGP games. I had the 08/09 MotoGP for PS3 and loved it. Only game other than Call of Duty that I've played on PS3. Thought the graphics were o.k but the tracks were fun and really enjoyed all the modes. Motegi was my best track, I managed to win that race a fun 1m 6secs ahead of everyone else. In fact I was lapping so quick I lapped Sete Gibernau right at the end as I crossed the finish line. Other track I did really well with was Mugello, I could take all the chicanes and arribiata 1&2 so quick that the rest of the riders would get sucked out of the screen as soon as I went into the corners. Managed 14 wins in one season(playing as Rossi). Tracks I never won at were Donington, Estoril and Laguna Seca. Thought about getting one of the new MotoGP games, but you play one and they are all the same(especially racing games). I'm also giving up on Call of Duty, had enough of on-line gaming. I'm going to use the PS4 for Youtube, Amazon and Hulu I guess..
    Yeah MotoGP has always been the most popular sportbike game and I played the hell out of them back in the days, but like you said they tend to all get similar so they can get boring fast. MotoGP for PS4 is already up to #14...dang, didn't know there were that many.

So why don't you get into other FPS other than Call of Duty? Overall they are still my favorite games, but there are some really good ones out there; although COD is still the best. You ever tried the Medal of Honor series? The Wolfenstein for PS4 was good as well as the Kill Zone series. The one I miss the most is the Gears of War FPS series...but Xbox exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    I have that moto gp as well, but my p3 would cut out every now and then. So this download for Driveclub might be a good reason to finally get the p4.

hmmmm. After viewing the video... The bike turning motion is less to be desired. Yeah, 14 dollar download.
    Same with most simulation games you can change the setting to be more "simulation" than "arcade" so you get the real physics (that video he must have had assist on; will even brake for you if you set it like that)......except it gets hard as hell. Even this one I am pretty good at games and have trouble with getting golds and had to settle for passing with silvers.

Too bad it is a download or I'd say you could borrow it.

Oh wow, looks like Rossie has a game out....may have to try it

Gameplay looks good:

Awh shit... That's more like it....thinks I'll go to BB.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Anybody have a PS3 game bundle they are willing to offload on the cheap?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Anybody have a PS3 game bundle they are willing to offload on the cheap?
    FYI: The new PS4 came out like last week so you should be able to get a older PS4 for cheaper now. I bet people are selling them cheap to upgrade to the thinner or more powerful versions.

EDIT: Saw this one earlier....pretty good deal if true https://denver.craigslist.org/syd/5816126100.html

I'm looking to spend like $30... $40 bucks.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yeah MotoGP has always been the most popular sportbike game and I played the hell out of them back in the days, but like you said they tend to all get similar so they can get boring fast. MotoGP for PS4 is already up to #14...dang, didn't know there were that many.

So why don't you get into other FPS other than Call of Duty? Overall they are still my favorite games, but there are some really good ones out there; although COD is still the best. You ever tried the Medal of Honor series? The Wolfenstein for PS4 was good as well as the Kill Zone series. The one I miss the most is the Gears of War FPS series...but Xbox exclusive.
    I'm just done with the direction Call of Duty is taking. I've had enough of jet pack jumping around, over buildings and running on walls. I've had enough of having weapons that shoot plasma, kinetic energy and light saber type laser beams. It's just all gotten really boring and really not fun to play. The new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is going in the same vein. Even more space age crap, now that fighting will take place in space. I'll hand it to them that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered looks amazing and I wish I was going to be able to play it. However, I'm not paying $80+ just to play a remastered game. See right now you have to buy the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare(Legacy Edition) which gets you the Modern Warfare Remastered game. So I'd have to pay $80 for a game that's already been out before and have another game(Infinite Warfare) that I might as well take back to GameStop or throw it away.

I'm just done man, plain and simple. Really have a bad taste for COD right now.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

nah man after battlefield I gave up on the ps.

I'm looking to spend like $30... $40 bucks.

You you can have mine for a hundo

A hundo eh? How many games are we talking about here exactly?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Oh wow, looks like Rossie has a game out....may have to try it

Gameplay looks good:
    Well I just had to snag that VR46 game once I saw some of the in game footage. Played it for a little bit today. Pretty bad ass game. Can't say as I'm all that thrilled with the VR46 training academy. Career is way better, just jumped straight into MotoGP level bikes without having to work up. Haven't tried the on-line multiplayer of it yet. Kind of leery to try the multiplayer of this game. If one thing Call of Duty has taught me, is when it comes to multiplayer there will always be someone on there ready to troll you. And in a game like this where you can slam into each other, I can just imagine people are kinds of bad riders HAHA!!

If I were you Bulldog I'd check it out. It's got two seasons(2015 & 2016) to run through. Plus a host of other stuff, even some rally car and drift car stuff. The rally car stuff was o.k. but the drifting was lame. Kept waiting for Vin Diesel and O'Connor to show up and with their riced out Mazda's and Toyota's. To each their own, but I think Drifting is a monumental waste of time.

That said, the game was only $49 at GameStop and that was brand new. So I'm guessing it's been out for a few months.

P.S.
    was half tempted to put down a deposit on the new COD just so I can have Modern Warfare Remastered. But I resisted the temptation. I'm going to stick to my guns and give up on COD altogether...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

A hundo eh? How many games are we talking about here exactly?

Maybe 15

I'm just done with the direction Call of Duty is taking. I've had enough of jet pack jumping around, over buildings and running on walls. I've had enough of having weapons that shoot plasma, kinetic energy and light saber type laser beams. It's just all gotten really boring and really not fun to play. The new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is going in the same vein. Even more space age crap, now that fighting will take place in space. I'll hand it to them that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered looks amazing and I wish I was going to be able to play it. However, I'm not paying $80+ just to play a remastered game. See right now you have to buy the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare(Legacy Edition) which gets you the Modern Warfare Remastered game. So I'd have to pay $80 for a game that's already been out before and have another game(Infinite Warfare) that I might as well take back to GameStop or throw it away.

I'm just done man, plain and simple. Really have a bad taste for COD right now.
    I agree and getting tired of all the FPS games having to get “high tech” and have weapons that are ridiculous. I guess with COD their first three were basic WWII games, so I guess they assume they need to evolve with each title, but I miss old school where it was about skill and not the first person to get the best weapon or powerup. I feel the same way with some of the fighting games now; picked up a new Street Fighter because I loved them back in the days and was disappointed to see they changed it to powerup gauge filling and stupid chain combos…what ever happen to skill rather than one hit combos when your meter files up. Same with the new Mortal Combats. For a FPS give me a shotgun (that doesn’t work long distances; so dumb when they do) and an assault rifle with a scope and that is all I need; not this crap of running to get the rocket launcher or some epic gun that requires little skill…

Even the new Doom I am disappointed that they once again had to make it all about the crazy weapons which makes it more about getting the right gun/ammo then it is about pure skill like headshots.

Well I just had to snag that VR46 game once I saw some of the in game footage. Played it for a little bit today. Pretty bad ass game. Can't say as I'm all that thrilled with the VR46 training academy. Career is way better, just jumped straight into MotoGP level bikes without having to work up. Haven't tried the on-line multiplayer of it yet. Kind of leery to try the multiplayer of this game. If one thing Call of Duty has taught me, is when it comes to multiplayer there will always be someone on there ready to troll you. And in a game like this where you can slam into each other, I can just imagine people are kinds of bad riders HAHA!!

If I were you Bulldog I'd check it out. It's got two seasons(2015 & 2016) to run through. Plus a host of other stuff, even some rally car and drift car stuff. The rally car stuff was o.k. but the drifting was lame. Kept waiting for Vin Diesel and O'Connor to show up and with their riced out Mazda's and Toyota's. To each their own, but I think Drifting is a monumental waste of time.

That said, the game was only $49 at GameStop and that was brand new. So I'm guessing it's been out for a few months.

P.S.
    was half tempted to put down a deposit on the new COD just so I can have Modern Warfare Remastered. But I resisted the temptation. I'm going to stick to my guns and give up on COD altogether...
    Nice, I’ll pick it up when it gets a bit older and down under $30; I figure with all the games out nowadays I’ll stay a bit behind and wait for people to sell them for cheaper. Very few games I buy at full price; COD I usually do because I can’t wait.

I read the new COD Remastered is a massive 130GB download; most PS4’s or Xbox’s are 500GB so I’d have to delete some games to even get this to fit…..much less who knows how long it takes to download. So dumb I have to pay for the “remastered” game to get this one; I’d much rather pay maybe $30 and just get the new game….crooks. I for sure won’t be buying it new in hopes they drop the price one day.

I feel you on multiplayer man! I’ve had to really cut back on it because it was making it where people were frustrating me and made it where the games were not fun and then I was just getting pissed. Then I just wonder if some people find ways to cheat or are simply amazingly good….then some just talk so much they are annoying, but without a headset it is too hard to play online games. I’ve always thought I was great at video games, but I’ve got online and been crushed by people….either cheat or just have way too much times to play video games. I once got in top ten of Halo (back in the days) and it because more of a job than fun at that point. Now I tend to play the campaign modes more than multiplayer.