Thread: 10 Most Reliable Bikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10 Most Reliable Bikes

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Top-Ten-Most...cpin.ap4c&pp=0

link above is an interesting read.

Re: 10 Most Reliable Bikes

Honda #1...plus 3 of the 10.......that is why my last few bikes have been them!

Funny how none of the Italian bikes made the list....the Japanese bikes won this one. You'd think for the higher price tag that you would get a more reliable bike, but goes to show sometimes you pay for a name.....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Honda #1...plus 3 of the 10.......that is why my last few bikes have been them!

Funny how none of the Italian bikes made the list....the Japanese bikes won this one. You'd think for the higher price tag that you would get a more reliable bike, but goes to show sometimes you pay for a name.....
    I think that is with the majority of things in life. Just because it costs more, doesn't mean it is the best quality or most reliable. As with cars, so is the same with bikes. It's a known fact that italian made anything aren't that reliable. The fee is a reason you don't see a Ferrari or Lamborghini with a couple hundred thousand miles on them. For one they simply won't last and two the maintenance cost on them are just too high.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think that is with the majority of things in life. Just because it costs more, doesn't mean it is the best quality or most reliable. As with cars, so is the same with bikes. It's a known fact that italian made anything aren't that reliable. The fee is a reason you don't see a Ferrari or Lamborghini with a couple hundred thousand miles on them. For one they simply won't last and two the maintenance cost on them are just too high.
    True! This is the reason most people do not buy used European cars like Audi and BMW (much less Ferrari and Lambos). Notice most people buy them brand new for the warranty and maintenance plan then sell them off after. I have a 24 year old friend that just fell for this and he thinks I am crazy, but I did a lot of research when I was going to buy one and the cost to maintain older European cars is so expensive. I tried to talk him out of buying a used Audi, but he was so mesmerized to have a “Audi” he didn’t listen to me and bought it for the name….and to be cool. He was so surprised he could find a used Audi for a decent price and I tried to explain to him it is because they cost too much to fix and maintain. Someone on this board once told me “anyone can afford a BMW/Audi/Benz, but few can afford to keep them”.

I’ve just never been this way and would easily choose a Honda over a fancy name because of their record; that is what I did for years; especially for the price difference. I can happily say I rode a 600RR and a F4I for over 40K miles and never once broke down on me

Any yup now I have a Subaru because of their record….even though I know they get a lot of crap talked about them, to me the WRX is a great car for the price. Super happy with it…..I could have bought that stripped down CLA Class Mercedes Benz for same price and been able to say I have a Benz…that probably couldn’t beat the WRX in much…it has 208hp…way under the WRX….plus no AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    ..Someone on this board once told me “anyone can afford a BMW/Audi/Benz, but few can afford to keep them”.
    That was probably me, relaying what my Audi mechanic told me. Yes, German cars are high maintenance mistresses.

Looking at that list it would seem IMO, that the most reliable bikes are all models with a long production history - you sort of expect all the bugs to have been worked out along the way. Nobody gets away with making crap decades after decades.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    That was probably me, relaying what my Audi mechanic told me. Yes, German cars are high maintenance mistresses.

Looking at that list it would seem IMO, that the most reliable bikes are all models with a long production history - you sort of expect all the bugs to have been worked out along the way. Nobody gets away with making crap decades after decades.
    I believe it was you and you saved me man….thanks! Seller was lying trying to downplay how expensive maintenance was so after your advice I personally called a BMW dealership and said I needed new brakes and how much would it cost….of course super expensive and more than double what the seller was telling me. Dealer wanted $800+ because they have to change rotors too. I then checked into some other cost and were amazed how much more expensive they were compared to a Japanese car.

My first motorcycle was a Honda (50CC dirt bike) and I have been happy with Honda all these years so why change from what has treated me well. Good point though as those engines have been around for years.

Not sure why it won't let me edit a post on my phone. But I meant to say, there is a reason. Not the fee is a reason.

I really hate these smart phones...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."