Thread: Ink Master – First Female Winner in 8 Seasons

Ink Master – First Female Winner in 8 Seasons

Anyone follow Ink Master? I’ve followed all the seasons and pretty impressed with the winner of this season, Ryan Ashley……first female winner ever!

She is a cutie too (a bit “odd” style, but she is so beautiful she pulls it off…I’m sure some would disagree)

Her work is amazing to me. Here is some of it:

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Ink Master – First Female Winner in 8 Seasons

Some of her color work(her specialty is black and grey):

Cool.

I haven't been able to watch Ink Master since Comcast decided to black out Spike TV last year.

Gold Member

really? you were impressed by her? I stopped watching this season because I was tired of the bullshit.

Jesus I never have anything good to day. fuck me. lol

anyways I used to love the show. there was a lot of times I didn't agree with judges but man this season those ladies got a free pass for most of the season. how Ryan got through on some of her tats is beyond me. the hand tats was probably my breaking point. every single one of the girls tats looked like he was drawn by the same person. every single one of them had so many blown out lines. I was sitting there with one of the dumbest looks on my face during that episode. Im done with that show. spike TV can fuck off with their bullshit. just passing g women by so they can finally have a woman win is fucking bullshit.

part of the problem with this fucking county. people not earning their shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    really? you were impressed by her? I stopped watching this season because I was tired of the bullshit.

Jesus I never have anything good to day. fuck me. lol

anyways I used to love the show. there was a lot of times I didn't agree with judges but man this season those ladies got a free pass for most of the season. how Ryan got through on some of her tats is beyond me. the hand tats was probably my breaking point. every single one of the girls tats looked like he was drawn by the same person. every single one of them had so many blown out lines. I was sitting there with one of the dumbest looks on my face during that episode. Im done with that show. spike TV can fuck off with their bullshit. just passing g women by so they can finally have a woman win is fucking bullshit.

part of the problem with this fucking county. people not earning their shit anymore.
    Dang Townie, not a lot makes you happy.

Oh for sure I was impressed with her and I’d let her tattoo me anytime and I am very picky on my artists; they don’t have a few month wait I will not go to them.

I do think the two women who made it to the finale were great. I do feel a bit they choose Ryan over Gion for the “first woman” thrill, but in no way could I say the girls did not deserve to be here; watched every episode too and obsessed with tattooing (both my upper arms are covered). I think one of the reason they chose Ryan though is because that style (80’s old school color) was not something she was good at as she prefers black and grey, but this style was assigned to her and she did a great job….especially when she was born in 1987. She won with that chest piece above.

There are things I do not like about the show, like how they have to do these dumb crazy challenges pairing up with others. I’d prefer if it was all about their tattoo work, but humans like drama so they have to add this all in to get ratings. I also do not always agree with Nunez or Peck as they can be biased based on how they tattoo….and to me they are far from the best tattooist out there. Overall I enjoy the show though and will watch next season.

I’m not into portraits, but to me they are the hardest tattoo and I am very impressed with Ryan’s. If I were in the market of getting a black and grey portrait I’d easily let her do it.

Here is her portfolio.....I am impressed
    http://ryan-ashley-malarkey.format.com/
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:48 AM.

Gold Member

she's a good artist but I'm sorry she sucks at color compared to many other contestants.

honestly bro i used to love this show but this season completely ruined it for me.

yes I agree she can do some great black and whites but honestly bro its tough to sit here and watch her flaws get overlooked and better tattoos get voted to the bottom. I of course couldn't dream of being as good as her but when it comes to a contest like this is till believe the best should be the best. honestly this TV show lost that when they just passed her by the way they did. but I guess whatever gets ratings.

I don't blame that one guy for quitting. he seen what was going on said nope I'm out. thats kind of bullshit to have people leave their lives for hopes of a fair contest and walk them through a rigged setup like this season.

there is no consistency in this show. look at last season. we seen a unfinished tat win the show. rock got robbed twice. once losing to an unfinished tat and before that losing because he couldn't finish. I was never a fan of his but I mean how do you say he can't win just because he didn't finish a tat and then turn around and give the victory to a unfinished?

how many times in previous seasons did we hear about blown out lines? notice not once did we hear the judges call these out? Ryans line work isnt that great.

just take a look at the winning tat. those red spike things... wtf is that? is it flames? its the same color as as her flames. also notice the long spike. also why is there smoke coming from the front tires of those hot rods? they are Awd? I mean so many things I can rip apart with that tat in just a few moments. things that others have been called out for.

idk this season really ruined a good show for me. maybe it was too much drama. idk.

Gold Member

but on a better note I'm truly digging designated survivor and blindspot. those shows got me hooked. lol

she's a good artist but I'm sorry she sucks at color compared to many other contestants.

honestly bro i used to love this show but this season completely ruined it for me.

yes I agree she can do some great black and whites but honestly bro its tough to sit here and watch her flaws get overlooked and better tattoos get voted to the bottom. I of course couldn't dream of being as good as her but when it comes to a contest like this is till believe the best should be the best. honestly this TV show lost that when they just passed her by the way they did. but I guess whatever gets ratings.

I don't blame that one guy for quitting. he seen what was going on said nope I'm out. thats kind of bullshit to have people leave their lives for hopes of a fair contest and walk them through a rigged setup like this season.

there is no consistency in this show. look at last season. we seen a unfinished tat win the show. rock got robbed twice. once losing to an unfinished tat and before that losing because he couldn't finish. I was never a fan of his but I mean how do you say he can't win just because he didn't finish a tat and then turn around and give the victory to a unfinished?

how many times in previous seasons did we hear about blown out lines? notice not once did we hear the judges call these out? Ryans line work isnt that great.

just take a look at the winning tat. those red spike things... wtf is that? is it flames? its the same color as as her flames. also notice the long spike. also why is there smoke coming from the front tires of those hot rods? they are Awd? I mean so many things I can rip apart with that tat in just a few moments. things that others have been called out for.

idk this season really ruined a good show for me. maybe it was too much drama. idk.
    Yeah here color is not as good by far as her black and grey……I guess this is the show; being good at everything, but in the real word I believe more people go to specialized people for what they know the artist is known for so this entire “Ink Master” who can do every style is sort of weird. I remember some artists that were awesome though, but on portrait day they bombed hard.

I do agree Kleen Rock got jipped and even though I didn’t care for him that much (mainly the 2nd time he was on where is ego was huge) his work was good. I was pissed he didn’t win last time and that was a sick back piece he did!

Honestly I blame Nunez and Peck though because they are not “all-around artists” like they are judging people. Nunez is known for Japanese tattoos and Peck is known for American traditional so is dumb they act like they are so knowledgeable when I doubt they could do some of these challenges. I also hate the time constraint…..who goes to a tattoo artist with a concern of how fast they can get it done…..I’d rather they take their time and do it right. Again another way to make the show have “drama”.

Yeah I see what you mean on her winning tattoo, there are so many different styles that Peck and Nunez claim to know all about so when Peck likes a tattoo in his style you have to assume there are rules they all follow that people outside of tattooing world understand. I’ve seen great tattoos on the show get picked apart so bad and didn’t understand why.

Don’t even get me started on Dave Navarro…how this guy even got on the show as a judge is beyond me. He has no tattooing experience and has some very bad tattoo to even be a guy judging them (he let that crap be put on him, so why trust his opinions)….again for the show because Dave was in Red Hot Chili Peppers and Janes Addiction.

P.S. Did you know Scott Marshall from the show (season 4) died of a heroin/pill OD
    http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/14/ink-ma...ause-of-death/

I believe this is the final one Cleen Rock did:

Jason beat him with this one:

Dang they are both awesome now that I see them again
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Dec 8th, 2016 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Those are both awesome..... Damn.

Gold Member

and that's my point bro. look at those tats. i mean holy shit. ink like that lost in this competition. I think we can both clearly say if you had a choice between him or her on ink you would choose his work. but yeah he's a dick.

the overdose thing doesn't surprise me. my first tattoo guy died from it. actually most people I know with tons of ink have a tat guy who died from an overdose. sad really.

I just hope that this shows gets back to ink. its why I liked it. they don't need more drama than the stress of being on that show. let's just see some great ink with great ideas.

I watched one season (don't remember which) just to see. Im not into ink, but the artistry is pretty impressive. I watched a bit of the show where 3 people come in and get bad work covered up, that was also amusing when a guy came in and was like "you did this shitty work when you first started, lets do it over".
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

I loved the art... well, most of it. But the BS fake reality crap destroyed that show. I don't care about any of that.

I watched the first few seasons of inked, then cut cable. Signed up for vue when I moved back to CO and watched the first couple of episodes of this season. Yup, didn't miss crap.

This show was about as real as The Walking Dead.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I loved the art... well, most of it. But the BS fake reality crap destroyed that show. I don't care about any of that.

I watched the first few seasons of inked, then cut cable. Signed up for vue when I moved back to CO and watched the first couple of episodes of this season. Yup, didn't miss crap.

the walking dead? now that's a show I could talk about. lol

and that's my point bro. look at those tats. i mean holy shit. ink like that lost in this competition. I think we can both clearly say if you had a choice between him or her on ink you would choose his work. but yeah he's a dick.

the overdose thing doesn't surprise me. my first tattoo guy died from it. actually most people I know with tons of ink have a tat guy who died from an overdose. sad really.

I just hope that this shows gets back to ink. its why I liked it. they don't need more drama than the stress of being on that show. let's just see some great ink with great ideas.
    Well to be fair those two tattoos were from the season where they pulled back all the finalists (made to finale) that had not won, so those were the best off all the seasons of contestants that did not win; plus they had a edge since they had been on show before and knew how the game was played and what the judges were looking for.

Honestly if it came down to it, I'd choose her over Kleen Rock if it was a black and grey because I love her black and grey work. If it was color I'd choose Kleen for sure. Again goes back to how dumb the show is because it just shows which artist can do all styles well. I wish it were just about the art, but those shows have come and gone, so people just love drama and I am sure that is why they add it.......

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

Well for sure the tattoos are real....that would be horrible to find out it was Peck and Nunez doing all these tattoos and the contestants were fake the entire time.

the walking dead? now that's a show I could talk about. lol
    Nice! I've watched every epsiode to date....event the mid-season finale that aired last night.

So what you think of this new bad guy Negan? The guy crack me up and in some weird way I like the guy even though he violent, mean, and crazy. I go back and forth on this show and sometime just feel like it just keeps going with the same old; they get on trouble and figure a way out....although guess not much you can change about zombies

I still think my favorite has been Breaking Bad....you watch that one.?
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Dec 12th, 2016 at 07:30 AM.

Gold Member

Well to be fair those two tattoos were from the season where they pulled back all the finalists (made to finale) that had not won, so those were the best off all the seasons of contestants that did not win; plus they had a edge since they had been on show before and knew how the game was played and what the judges were looking for.

Honestly if it came down to it, I'd choose her over Kleen Rock if it was a black and grey because I love her black and grey work. If it was color I'd choose Kleen for sure. Again goes back to how dumb the show is because it just shows which artist can do all styles well. I wish it were just about the art, but those shows have come and gone, so people just love drama and I am sure that is why they add it.......

Well for sure the tattoos are real....that would be horrible to find out it was Peck and Nunez doing all these tattoos and the contestants were fake the entire time.

Nice! I've watched every epsiode to date....event the mid-season finale that aired last night.

So what you think of this new bad guy Negan? The guy crack me up and in some weird way I like the guy even though he violent, mean, and crazy. I go back and forth on this show and sometime just feel like it just keeps going with the same old; they get on trouble and figure a way out....although guess not much you can change about zombies

I still think my favorite has been Breaking Bad....you watch that one.?
    no. breaking bad. dude I can't wait to watch negan fold. hope they make him suffer for a long time before they kill him. I haven't watched last night's episode yet but will do that tonight. yeah he's funny but I want to see him die. a very horrible death. lol

Should definitely start a standalone thread for TWD and FTWD.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Should definitely start a standalone thread for TWD and FTWD.
    There was a old one from like 2012.
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...t=walking+dead

Guessing this guy got the tattoo to try and hide the absolute lack of any masculine features across his chest.

Some of her color work(her specialty is black and grey):

Gold Member

daaaaaaaauuuuuum!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Guessing this guy got the tattoo to try and hide the absolute lack of any masculine features across his chest.
    Hahahahahaha.

Seems like it is common nowadays for “skinny” guys to now get covered in tattoos; guess it used to be about shitty tattoos but a way to show off a man’s muscle, but now it is about the art I’ll be honest and that is also what I thought when I saw that tattoo….well I thought “do you even lift bro”.

Funny though because I have a “skinny” friend who has full sleeve tattoos. We got around to talking and it amazed me how much less he would pay for sleeves than me because one of my arms is about as big as three of his. I actually have one armband (yeah I know) that I have had to get redone 4 times because I keep stretching my right bicep; my bicep used to be the same circumference as my wrist (no lie) when I got the tattoo.

I sometimes feel the same way about muscle shirts……shouldn’t you have muscle to wear them. JK

My buddy is getting tattooed by Freddy Negrete…that lucky bastard. Last I heard Freddy was on a few year wait, but he has a famous brother so got the hookup. If you are not familiar with Freddy Negrete it is a pretty cool story as this guy learned black and grey in prison and has went on to be one the the best now.

Here is his story (interview in Ink Magazine): http://www.inkedmag.com/articles/freddy-negrete/

Some of his work:

MORE:
    https://www.instagram.com/freddy_negrete/?hl=en

Gold Member

maaaan... I'm covered in shit that's. lol. I don't take care of them how you are supposed to. I do the initial cleaning so they don't crust up real bad and drop lots of ink but I love being outdoors and I never remember sunblock. growing up in the desert I got used to sun burns real quick. lol!

speaking of that I got a tat on top of a sunburn once and then sunburned it again fishing two days later. that poor fucking tat. lol! but I got some keepers and had a good dinner. lol!