View Poll Results: Do you want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to ride in the parade this year!

7 38.89%
  • No, I don't want to ride in the parade this year.

11 61.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the CSC want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Does the CSC want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

After what happened last year, I, personally, am kinda over the whole parade thing, but since I've been doing it since the beginning, that might just be me being selfish. That being said, the deadline to register is the end of January, and there is a limit of 10 vehicles per entry (if we have a truck in front, as we traditionally do, that would leave room for 9 bikes), so I figure I'd put it up for a vote.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: Does the CSC want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    After what happened last year, I, personally, am kinda over the whole parade thing, but since I've been doing it since the beginning, that might just be me being selfish. That being said, the deadline to register is the end of January, and there is a limit of 10 vehicles per entry (if we have a truck in front, as we traditionally do, that would leave room for 9 bikes), so I figure I'd put it up for a vote.
    Bob, I know you don't come around much anymore (nobody does), but if you have noticed this forum may have 10 members left total
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

what happened last year ? and you never know people get that itch to come back.. maybe by the parade there will be 15 active users
    2011 GSXR 750

They always bitch about something every year and it's been more than obvious that they were looking for reasons to ban us. I honestly lost all interest after the shit they pulled. Also sucks cause kids and people in general liked seeing us there. Few friends of mine went to the one last season and said that a ton of people were bummed we weren't there but well given we can't even rev the engines without getting in trouble. Meh, I dk...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by DiddysR6 View Post
    what happened last year ? and you never know people get that itch to come back.. maybe by the parade there will be 15 active users
    There is a link in my original post:
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    They always bitch about something every year and it's been more than obvious that they were looking for reasons to ban us. I honestly lost all interest after the shit they pulled. Also sucks cause kids and people in general liked seeing us there. Few friends of mine went to the one last season and said that a ton of people were bummed we weren't there but well given we can't even rev the engines without getting in trouble. Meh, I dk...
    Buddy, I got to disagree with you and point out that the clubs "actions" is what caused this; we got to take blame too. I am not a parent, but I could totally understand one being upset because a bunch of amateurs (they don't know and we never "stunt" test the members in the parade) are out there doing stunts during a crowded parade. One wrong burnout, just a slip of the brake lever, could seriously cause major disaster.

Anyways, before people start putting blame I think we all need to think about why we were banned last year and if we want to participate this year to make some changes....my suggestion is NO stunts. Burnouts, wheelies, stoppies, etc. I'd also make EVERY member wear a helmet at least (don't care how hot it is), but this is the message I'd like our club to show "we wear gear and take this sport serious". You would be amazed how changing "actions" can change how people view things

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

The whole thing has a lot of moving parts to consider though... Is part of our participation in the parade to be emissaries to the public for "responsible" sportbike riders? Sure.
    Is part of it to promote the CSC as a "club" and to enjoy the brief exposure? Yes.
    Is part of it just for our own enjoyment and celebration? Of course.

I personally have always enjoyed the parade. I've taken my son in the back of the truck, I've ridden my motorcycles in it, I've enjoyed times celebrating with CSC families, and I've done my share of partying. I'd hate for the tradition to be lost though.

I'd say obviously no wheelies or stunts, or probably not even burnouts. Yes, a group of cops in a certain section of the parade may greenlight it, but word will probably get back to the parade committee. And yes... for the sake of self-accountability (thank you Nate), I probably shouldn't jump off the back of the truck to give shots of Fireball to girls along the parade route... No matter how good of an idea it may seem at the time.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed Jan 11th, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

not shots with girls? I'm out. lol!

on a lighter note this has been tons of fun for members and non members. I don't see why not. so what about last year. enjoy the offer and enjoy a good time. fuck politics and let's see some smiles.

just my thoughts on the situation.

did the broads show their

Without getting in to all the detail, every year, many people in the crowd want us to do wheelies and burnouts. In years past, we've been told to stop doing burnouts, by either the parade marshals and/or the Denver PD (I even got chased down and confronted by some cadets for doing an unsanctioned burnout in 2011). One year, they told us (quite emphatically) when we arrived at the staging area, that we were not allowed to do any stunts. Another year, while a bunch of us were trying to do burnouts in front of the judges stand, a bunch of parade marshals came running out telling us all to stop.

None of that happened last year... not a single Denver Police Officer, or parade marshal, ever approached us and told us to stop doing burnouts... in fact, before I did my first burnout, I asked a Denver Police officer for permission, and he gave it to me. I think I did about 8 or 9 burnouts, and, for all but one of them, I asked for, and received permission from a Denver Police Officer. I canvased the other riders from last year, and the same is true for them (never told to stop, and many also asked for, and received, permission).

I'm guessing somebody complained, though, and apparently, the people who were supposed to tell us to stop (but didn't), changed their stories to cover their asses, because, according to the Parade Committee, we were told to stop, and we disobeyed... either that, or it was all a conspiracy to get us kicked out.
    See I read this statement and seems like for years we were told we could NOT do stunts (see red bolded statement)…..by the Denver PD and Parade Marshalls! I remember way back when Hoopty started these he was also confronted by the police and told to stop; that was like 2009! So then you guys continue to do them and then ask surprised they didn’t allow us to participate last year. WTF!!!

As if they didn’t allow it one year, but the next year they suddenly would….again common sense.

When did stunts become legal? Much less in a crowded public street filled with police. Why would someone think because they are ILLEGAL elsewhere that they would be allowed in a parade….isn’t this just common sense???? Just crazy how many times I’ve seen “stunters” bashed on the site for doing them in public areas, but when it comes to a public parade it suddenly isn’t that same….I don’t get it.

Bottom line is they can refuse our participation and nothing we can do about it…they are in charge. I believe if we cleaned things up and stopped the stunts they would be happy to have us back in the parade, but we have to prove it first. Problem is nobody on this board enforces this so it takes one rider to break the “no stunts” for them to see we did not make changes, so if we decide to participate I think we need EVERYONE on board.

If not continue on and then don’t act surprised when we are not invited…..life isn’t fair

Didn't read. You planning on signing up or not, Nate?

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Didn't read. You planning on signing up or not, Nate?

Heck no,I am too smart to take on that liability.,.....all for what, so a kid thinks I'm cool because I can stunt....naw

As a parent Barn I am a bit surprised you don't see it from that angle.

Dude.... It's a parade, not a tryout for the RedBull Circus. You don't even have a bike anyway, I was thinking you'd walk it and drink or sit in the back of the truck and drink. I'm pretty sure even you could come out of that mostly okay.

As a parent, I hope I never see whatever angle that was.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Dude.... It's a parade, not a tryout for the RedBull Circus. You don't even have a bike anyway, I was thinking you'd walk it and drink or sit in the back of the truck and drink. I'm pretty sure even you could come out of that mostly okay.

As a parent, I hope I never see whatever angle that was.
    You get the point; plus I could buy a bike tomorrow cash. lol

So if I accidentally hit a kid I can tell the judge and the family "hey it was just a parade". Yeah right charges and a lawsuit will come...this is not just fun and games man.

The angle is a person in a parade losses control and hits your son badly injuring him or worse....do you excuse that because a a random cop ok'd a stunt...and you really think that cop will have your back in end. My guess is they will see it as a crime and prosecute. The person dies and vehicular manslaughter will be charged; I have a buddy who went away for two years for vehicle manslaughter when he killed someone in a wreck by negligence....happens more than you think

Naw not even down to sit in a car man...I never even did parade when I did have a bike...not my thing to sit and let me bike overheat or drink at 9am

I'd say obviously no wheelies or stunts, or probably not even burnouts.
    Definitely no wheelies, stunts, or even burnouts.

Yes, a group of cops in a certain section of the parade may greenlight it, but word will probably get back to the parade committee.
    That's essentially what happened 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    See I read this statement and seems like for years we were told we could NOT do stunts (see red bolded statement)…..by the Denver PD and Parade Marshalls! I remember way back when Hoopty started these he was also confronted by the police and told to stop; that was like 2009! So then you guys continue to do them and then ask surprised they didn’t allow us to participate last year. WTF!!!

As if they didn’t allow it one year, but the next year they suddenly would….again common sense.

When did stunts become legal? Much less in a crowded public street filled with police. Why would someone think because they are ILLEGAL elsewhere that they would be allowed in a parade….isn’t this just common sense???? Just crazy how many times I’ve seen “stunters” bashed on the site for doing them in public areas, but when it comes to a public parade it suddenly isn’t that same….I don’t get it.

Bottom line is they can refuse our participation and nothing we can do about it…they are in charge. I believe if we cleaned things up and stopped the stunts they would be happy to have us back in the parade, but we have to prove it first. Problem is nobody on this board enforces this so it takes one rider to break the “no stunts” for them to see we did not make changes, so if we decide to participate I think we need EVERYONE on board.

If not continue on and then don’t act surprised when we are not invited…..life isn’t fair
    I also said "Without getting in to all the detail"... we've been doing the parade since 2002, and for quite a few years, we were allowed to do burnouts and stunts (there was even a video of TV coverage showing Hoopty doing wheelies up and down the middle of the 2 lanes of bikes). And we won Motorcycle Entry of the year once, in a year where we were doing burnouts and stunts, as I recall.

What you said makes a lot of sense. The only issue I really had with what happened 2 years ago, were the discrepancies between what actually happened (we were given permission after asking), and what we were accused of (not complying with orders to stop... because that never happened). Since it was the police and parade marshals that had told us to stop in the past, I figured a policeman would be the person to ask for permission. Honestly, I didn't expect him to say "Yes".

It may have taken me longer to figure out this lesson than you, Nate, but, I now refer back to my reply to Barn, a little higher up in this post:
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

The Colorado Sportbike Club

Litigating hypothetical catastrophe for family focused public celebrations since 2015. (maybe earlier...)
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

That's essentially what happened 2 years ago.

I also said "Without getting in to all the detail"... we've been doing the parade since 2002, and for quite a few years, we were allowed to do burnouts and stunts (there was even a video of TV coverage showing Hoopty doing wheelies up and down the middle of the 2 lanes of bikes). And we won Motorcycle Entry of the year once, in a year where we were doing burnouts and stunts, as I recall.

What you said makes a lot of sense. The only issue I really had with what happened 2 years ago, were the discrepancies between what actually happened (we were given permission after asking), and what we were accused of (not complying with orders to stop... because that never happened). Since it was the police and parade marshals that had told us to stop in the past, I figured a policeman would be the person to ask for permission. Honestly, I didn't expect him to say "Yes".

It may have taken me longer to figure out this lesson than you, Nate, but, I now refer back to my reply to Barn, a little higher up in this post:
    Thanks for understanding Bob

I know at least once Hoopty got talked to by police in those parades for stunting, so I guess it went back and forth. Overall Hoopty got pulled over for stunting on the road more than once, so he never seemed to care or understand it is about more than just "him" that could be affected.

I've learned this the hard way too man.....like I said I saw my best friends go to prison for killing my cousin in a car crash. Our family even testified we knew it was a accident and he should not get charged with vehicular manslaughter, but the New Mexico DA prosecuted him and he went away for two year at age 18!

But yeah, I agree let's do it then (well club, not me) if everyone is on board to keep it stunt free....I am sure that is all the parade committee is asking. Again it will take all on board because one person slips and that is all they will remember.

I get both ways, but it comes down to liability and no way can they allow that at a huge parade.

Overall, I think with no stunts then they would welcome us back. We may let down some kids, but maybe we can pass out some Jason Britton performance fliers so they can see a pro do it (who is insured).

The Colorado Sportbike Club

Litigating hypothetical catastrophe for family focused public celebrations since 2015. (maybe earlier...)
    Expect the best, but prepare for the worse

Barn, let's look at the definition of Vehicular manslaughter and see what it says:
    Vehicular homicide is a crime that involves the death of a person other than the driver as a result of either criminally negligent or murderous operation of a motor vehicle.
    In cases of criminal negligence, the defendant is commonly charged with unintentional vehicular manslaughter.
    The victim may be either a person not in the car with the offending motorist (such as a pedestrian, cyclist, or another motorist), or a passenger in the vehicle with the offender.[

Sounds to me this would fall right into that and you are crazy if you think a judge/DA would notgo for that charge either. Illegal stunting in a parade when you were told it was not allowed......go directly to jail and do not pass GO.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jan 11th, 2017 at 02:30 PM.

Yes, Nate, I know. I've been a passenger in a car with you and I buckled up, remember?
    Swear, I understand operation of a vehicle resulting in another's death is a bad thing. No matter the circumstances.

I just thought you might enjoy being in a parade with the CSC, is all; having some laughs; riding in the truck bed, etc. If I thought all of this litigious mumbo was going to be the reason you declined though (the absence of a motorcycle notwithstanding), I maybe would have reconsidered.

God help us, but if Ralph (or whoever) drives his truck over somebody in the crowd and injures them, I sure hope all of us in the back of the truck can get a good lawyer to defend ourselves from liability.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yes, Nate, I know. I've been a passenger in a car with you and I buckled up, remember?
    Swear, I understand operation of a vehicle resulting in another's death is a bad thing. No matter the circumstances.

I just thought you might enjoy being in a parade with the CSC, is all; having some laughs; riding in the truck bed, etc. If I thought all of this litigious mumbo was going to be the reason you declined though (the absence of a motorcycle notwithstanding), I maybe would have reconsidered.

God help us, but if Ralph (or whoever) drives his truck over somebody in the crowd and injures them, I sure hope all of us in the back of the truck can get a good lawyer to defend ourselves from liability.
    You mean with the entire 4 people who have voted so far........face it CSC is dead and will never be like the old days!

Thanks for the offer, but I have never participated in the parade, bike or no bike, as just not my thing. I'm married to my best friend so I don't have to go far And believe me I lectured Hoopty on this back in the days too as I never thought it was worth the risk and still do not.

Sorry just was asked for my opinion and gave it....nobody can cry we didn't do this to ourselves.

If Ralph decides to do some wheelies or burnouts in his truck then you better worry. I already know Ralph is too smart to risk that though.

We're lucky this girl didn't sue Grim.2 for almost burning her!

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

These people also look suspect. I think the girl with the clipboard might be a committee spy.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Where are all those people? Not here on CSC anymore