Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Canyon Conditions (keep updating)

Re: 2017 Canyon Conditions (keep updating)

I just took the car in that direction, on my way to check out Phantom Canyon last Sunday. 126 and 67 are in great shape from Pine Junction all the way to Woodland Park. And they've repaved the last 12 or so miles to WP. They also repaved 67 to the south from Divide to at least Hwy 81 (that was my turn to get to Victor and Phantom Canyon). I would bet the new pavement continues all the way to Cripple Creek. Should be an awesome road to hit next summer on a weekday! I can also confirm from a ride yesterday that Shadow Mountain is super dirty (which is typical in the winter for that road).
    Last edited by DriverDave; Tue Nov 14th, 2017 at 02:06 PM.

Anyone been up the usual canyons yet? Morrison, deer creek, etc that can update on conditions? Didn’t have to work today after all and want to roll out for a bit and just wondering if the close canyons are decent, thanks.
    www.mo-door.com

2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 - she gone
    2016 Yamaha 60th Anniversary R1 - New to the stable
    2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6SPD

They're all in pretty good shape, but it's been less than a month since the last snow, so there's still some sand here and there. It really comes down to the amount of traffic a given road sees...Bear Creek tends to get clean pretty quickly because it has so much traffic every day. While Deer Creek and North and South Turkey tend to stay dirty a lot longer after a snow storm.

Having said that, I did Deckers a couple days ago, and had no trouble running a pace that could have easily got me in trouble

The bigger problem you will have today is the wind...it's supposed to be vicious. (if it wasn't for that, I'd probably join you)
    --Dave
    2017 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
    They're all in pretty good shape, but it's been less than a month since the last snow, so there's still some sand here and there. It really comes down to the amount of traffic a given road sees...Bear Creek tends to get clean pretty quickly because it has so much traffic every day. While Deer Creek and North and South Turkey tend to stay dirty a lot longer after a snow storm.

Having said that, I did Deckers a couple days ago, and had no trouble running a pace that could have easily got me in trouble

The bigger problem you will have today is the wind...it's supposed to be vicious. (if it wasn't for that, I'd probably join you)
    word, thanks man. I just want to roll out to do a quickie and back home since weather is looking rather shitty for the next weekend and this weekend too so who knows when I’ll get out since I’m also going to COTA on Tuesday
    www.mo-door.com

2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 - she gone
    2016 Yamaha 60th Anniversary R1 - New to the stable
    2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6SPD