Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
I disagree, I'm sure if Lorenzo would have been in Dovi's shoes, it would have been him bitching and moaning, throwing tantrums like he always does. Lorenzo was controlling the pace and disrupting Dovizioso, it's more than obvious. Rossi like Dovi always find something special come race day, Dovi was turning faster than him about mid race which is when the messages started to come on and he disregarded. He signed his sentence at Ducati already, the brass here is much different than the ones at Yamaha. At Yamaha he got away with it all. Given that Dovi is obviously rider #1, Lorenzo has a lot to lose here but as usual, he doesn't think because he's an arrogant prick and thinks the world revolves around him. There was a reason the message came up and even in his pit board, Dovi was starting to cook up but this moron interrupted him and stuck his nose where he shouldn't have. It is what it is now on this end... as far as Yamaha goes, they have a long off season of work to make a credible bike again, it's incredible how far off the reservation they went with this bike and the worst of it is that they decided to carry on with it when both Vale and Viņales had chances of contending not too long ago.
I agree, had the tables been reverse, Lorenzo would complain. That's his style and I'm sure he would make noise about it. However, Dovi was indeed faster, it could be seen in several points in the race. He would close right up on Lorenzo. My thing is, just pass Lorenzo if you are that much faster. Just make a hard pass, force him wide and go about your business. I think Dovi was waiting for the easy pass or let through from Lorenzo. Nothing is free in life, so why should a teammate letting you through be any different??

I think still if Dovi was a lot faster, then he wouldn't have had to worry about Lorenzo's pace. He could have been up there mixing it up and possibly force a mistake on Marquez. That's the great thing about Marquez, he's his own worst enemy at times. The guy doesn't know when he's already won, he just keeps trying to push and push. He almost paid for it today with that incident in T1. Had Dovi been able to fight with some real pace today, that may have been the nail in the coffin for Marquez. Had Dovi been up there fighting for the win, it may have forced Marquez into something else and turned the tide. Yet, with Dovi languishing behind Lorenzo, we never got to see it.

I'm with you, Yamaha made a direct B-line right off the reservation this season. It's almost as if they were thinking during the season, "how can we really cock this bike and season up??" Whatever they did, it worked because they were all of nowhere this year. Assen was the last win and to me, that's inexcusable. Asses need to be kicked at Yamaha from the top to the bottom.

I will throw this out there for the conspiracy theory. Maybe Lorenzo was paying Marquez back for 2015, in keeping Dovi in check and out of the race???