Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
I was referring to the bumps but yeah the penalty was bogus imo. Not that it mattered anyways, Rossi rode very smart and a well earned podium by him. I admire Zarco and his guts though, that dude is riding like he's been with the big dogs for a minute. Wouldn't surprise me if Yamaha factory pick him up later if he keep performing this way
I see what you mean.

For me, I think Zarco is a really good rider as well. He has been known for some aggressive moves in Moto2 in the past. Rossi really slapped him down in the press conference post race. He was a bit harsh, but it could be lack of words(in English) to explain how he felt. I do agree with Rossi, that MotoGP isn't Moto2 and Zarco needs to learn that. A reporter asked Rossi and Pedrosa why they think the Moto2 riders are more aggressive than the old school 250cc riders. Rossi was spot on in his assessment in that with Moto2 everyone is on the same playing field. Same engine, same tires, same brakes, etc. So for Moto2 riders the main difference has to come from the rider. Which usually translates into good Moto2 races but develops a very aggressive way of riding. Pedrosa said somewhat similar in his response but referenced that new riders to MotoGP bikes need to understand the weight, the power, the fact that they arrive quicker into corners, etc.

You could tell by Rossi's initial remark about Zarco, that Marquez didn't care for it. He gave a very telling eyebrow raise when Rossi mentioned that Zarco needs to ride "more quiet".

Zarco's problem is he gets "shiny object syndrome". Look at Qatar as a good example. Something awesome happens and he's like a dog chasing parked cars, doesn't know what to do when he catches one. His lead in Qatar amped him up and he pushed his luck. Here in COTA, he saw he was catching Rossi and got excited by the fact that he's up with the front guys.

Which is odd that Zarco would suffer from some SOS, because he's older than most of the other riders so you'd think he'd have most of that out of his system by now. I can see Miller, or Redding or one of the Espargaro bros. pulling those kind of moves. You know the young, dumb, full of cum types.

I still like Zarco, I think he's got the best shot at getting Rossi's spot when Rossi retires. He does need to realize that he's not in Moto2 anymore. FWIW, he's doing great for a being a rookie. Would have thought Folger would be closer and Zarco is doing better than the other Moto2 graduates. I expected Rabat to do well in MotoGP considering how dominant he was in Moto2 and man that guy has turned out to be a real turd. Rabat will fall into the category of the "also rans" with time...