Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by ock1 View Post
    With all the talk during free practice 3 & 4 about how bumpy the track's gotten, and reports from the last track day that you weren't allowed to pass the people parking in the corners who'd never ridden on a track before, is it worth trying to ride there anymore?
    I wonder how bumpy it is though. I expect 'bumpy' for a MotoGP track might be different than my opinion of bumpy.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I wonder how bumpy it is though. I expect 'bumpy' for a MotoGP track might be different than my opinion of bumpy.
    I rode there in March and it's not terrible. The race line these guys are using is probably not the line you will be riding. There are a few I remember like the bump coming down the hill but it's still in great shape. HPR is way more bumpy currently than COTA.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I rode there in March and it's not terrible. The race line these guys are using is probably not the line you will be riding. There are a few I remember like the bump coming down the hill but it's still in great shape. HPR is way more bumpy currently than COTA.
    Also to remember is that Formula 1 races there at the end of the year and MotoGP at the beginning of the race season. From what I gather, Formula 1 wrecked that track last year. Even lightweight F1 cars put loads of stress on pavement. Can't you imagine if NASCAR actually ran that track!!! They'd have to completely bust out the old pavement, take it down to road base and pour new asphalt every year if NECKCAR came there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Also to remember is that Formula 1 races there at the end of the year and MotoGP at the beginning of the race season. From what I gather, Formula 1 wrecked that track last year. Even lightweight F1 cars put loads of stress on pavement. Can't you imagine if NASCAR actually ran that track!!! They'd have to completely bust out the old pavement, take it down to road base and pour new asphalt every year if NECKCAR came there.
    I would imagine they will do a repave this fall/winter. There are too many people talking about the track condition and riders complaining about it. The track may even cut some dates out for some of the smaller track organizations.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S