Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
I am really curious to know what actually caused him to lose so much time towards the end, couldn't have been tires given he had the hard and hard option and Viņales overtook him on a soft rear so doubt it was an actual tire problem.... fuck that still sucks man, having that kind of pace and 2 laps out he lost it, fuck that would have me riled lol
I honestly believe man that the problem lies within the Yamaha and the tires. Or I should say, Yamaha's inability to make the tires work right. Yeah, people will say, but Rossi led the whole race and had great pace. He did but then again he really didn't. He managed to jump out to a 1.2 sec lead, and then what?? He managed it? No, if you have the pace for 1.2 sec, then you have pace to push that to at least 2.0 or maybe more seconds of a lead. Something happened, and I believe it was way earlier than what we saw at the end. It all just came to fruition on the last two laps.

I am no lying man and as God as my witness, I knew that regardless Rossi jumped out to that early lead. Something in my gut told me he wasn't going to win and that he would be lucky to see the podium. And sure as the sky is blue, it just about all came true. For some reason, can't quite put my finger on it. It was just all too good to be true.

I think Rossi was feeling great and had a commanding lead. Then around that 1.2sec lead mark something changed. For one, he got that BRK message on the board. Every time that message comes up on Rossi's board, he has to slow down. And maybe no so much slow down, but he doesn't maintain that blistering pace that he previously was on.

Which then in turn leads me to believe that the whole of MotoGP are a bunch of liars when they say they can't communicate with the bikes the way you can in Formula 1. I call bullsh*t on that, and always will. They know exactly what is going on with the bike, with the motor, with the fuel. There is just no way that a bike like that, can cost $5 million. I mean, how much money can you pack into R&D on two wheels?? Sure, they are prototypes, sure they make 260hp, sure they run magnesium lightweight wheels with cutting edge tech Brembos. But after that you've got what? Frame and forks?? Some software for the CPU, which by the way is same compulsory spec that DORNA regulates.

So that tells me, that what is left are sensors and other computers on the bikes that communicate telemetry, wheel data, engine data, and so on and so on. You see the bikes with little antennas on them. Those on board cameras have to transmit real time video. Something happens with these bikes that makes them change for the rider. Whether it's the teams managing the fuel load, amount of power output, yadda yadda. I really don't know as I'm not on the inside. But there is more that what we can see.

If you really want to pour over some data, check out here: http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v3_0be15ac1

Going by the lap by lap analysis, I can't really see where Dovi made up a ton of time on Rossi. Dovi only ran three more laps in the 2:01's and those laps Rossi was in the very low 2:02's. Look at the last lap for Rossi. Nearly dipped back into the 2:01's. And he only had one lap where he fell off the pace in the 2:03's. it wasn't only until Rossi did the 2:03 is where he got passed. And his next two laps weren't scorching either. When you compare top speed is where you get the biggest discrepancies. The Ducati does have a ton of top speed. Which is where the Ducati holds it's advantages.