Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    It would be dope if Laguna made it back but MotoGP won't re-sign if they don't support moto2 and moto3 races during that weekend.... guess Rossi has been doing some test laps to make a decision on whether he will race in aragon or not
    Yep it's official Rossi is going to race this weekend in Aragon. http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/0...agon-gp/240224

Can't help but think this is a bad idea. Only 21 days since the leg break. Sure he's passed the fitness test and is o.k. to ride. I just think he's really rushing to come back. The championship is blown for him at this point, barring the other three in front all crash out and can't finish the season.

I still stick with my Sepang earliest option return and Valencia being the ideal time to return to riding.

I'd even say that Phillip Island is not a bad idea, certainly better than Aragon or Motegi. Sepang at least would give him another month to recover and get back to full fitness.

Oh well, The Doctor is back and I'm happy to see him ride. Just hope he doesn't fall and disintegrate the leg completely. I will say this, he's adamant about riding this weekend, so I'd say take it easy and get some points. Don't push any kind of dog fighting and keep it simple this weekend.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh well, The Doctor is back and I'm happy to see him ride. Just hope he doesn't fall and disintegrate the leg completely. I will say this, he's adamant about riding this weekend, so I'd say take it easy and get some points. Don't push any kind of dog fighting and keep it simple this weekend.
    As long as he stays away from Pedrosa or Crutchlow, he should be alright...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I'd say more Iannone than anyone lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Well f'ing A Rudy, the old man managed a very good time and front row start. Granted a 26 lap race is a different story but he could fight for podium tomorrow if the leg holds up and the bike responds as good as today. Not bad at all for having broken himself 2 weeks ago lol. Lorenzo showing signs of life but wonder if he will just drop off as he usually does. Great pole by Viñales, that should give him some motivation to fight for the win tomorrow. Should be as usual a very interesting race.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

What an effort by Rossi, no shame in that, really thought that Rossi could actually win or at least podium there for a minute but I'm sure the leg and tires also played part. Think he pushed a little too hard too early. Bad race for Dovi, has a lot of points to make up now though but still some races to make up that difference. Honda is just on another notch, they just simply have shit figured out this season, I mean fucking A Pedrosa came out of nowhere lol. This title race is on like donkey Kong. Really impressive that KTM is closer and closer to being within the top 10, very interested to see how they continue on next season. You can see Lorenzo is super pissed (then again when isn't he ) about the 3rd place but when will he realize that a soft compound tire is not a good one except for qualifier for a Ducati, thing puts too much power down and mainly for the pace he was carrying... well now 3 weeks of boredom... Go Broncos!!!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man Yamaha is looking in the shitter this weekend, if it remains a rain race, they are fucked and Viñales can kiss his title chances goodbye for sure... That lack of rear grip is killing them
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

I was surprised to see Rossi start Q2 with slicks on! Ambitious!!! I think Marquez had the right approach - get a good qualifying time in on rain tires, then try the slicks. Rossi probably would've qualified a lot better than the end of the 4th row had he followed suit.

But ya, Rossi & Viñales seem to be at a disadvantage, even with the 2018 chassis... Zarco, on the other hand...
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Yeah the 2017 chassis is absolute shit. They should have gone to a 2016 chassis and at least give your riders a chance at the title given you're fighting for it, not just ride it out and shoot for next season, that's idiotic. That's what your satellite teams are for, your main team isn't meant to be suffering while your satellite team does better lol. Zarco will fade out, that dude is too trigger happy and doesn't know how to manage anything.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah the 2017 chassis is absolute shit. They should have gone to a 2016 chassis and at least give your riders a chance at the title given you're fighting for it, not just ride it out and shoot for next season, that's idiotic. That's what your satellite teams are for, your main team isn't meant to be suffering while your satellite team does better lol. Zarco will fade out, that dude is too trigger happy and doesn't know how to manage anything.
    I think Yamaha brass were just bound and determined to keep the 2017 bike and make it work, or improve it via updates to see where it all goes. I also think they didn't want to go down the same road that Honda did in 2015(when they switched back to the 2014 chassis) and show they(Yamaha) are having issues.

Problem is, the 2016 M1 was vastly better in being an all around package, whereas this 2017 iteration M1 seems to only work when all the elements come together for a perfect storm.

Rossi was clearly a dominant rider last year, dare say the fastest on the grid with the 2016 bike. He was just very inconsistent. Now this year, the 2017 bike just turned into a complete turd after the first couple of races. Yamaha thought they had it nailed with Vinales leading all the winter tests and winning the first two races. And then Jerez hit, and wow were they surprised by the piece of utter crap they developed.

Maybe not Vinales, but Rossi should be trying out next year's chassis and engine in the guise of a 2017 bike for sure. These last few races could provide some great feedback and development and see what and where they need to work on. I think they already know what they need to do and that's go back to the 2016 bike and basically just give it more power.

It is hard to say where Yamaha will go and what direction they are looking towards. They really up a creek without a paddle. It seems everything they try just blows up in their face. Which in a way is good for them. They didn't seem to want Rossi's input in the winter testing and pre-season. Granted Vinales is their future but he has no experience developing a bike. So really what they got was something half developed. Rossi was telling them of tires issues from the get go. He was having problem with the front end. Then started showing that the bike was starting to eat the rear tire fast.

I think their greatest surprise has come in the form of their wet weather performance, which is to say they don't really have any. I think Rossi being 2nd in FP3 was more due to Rossi than to the M1. Look at Vinales, he's still all of no where in the wet and if the race is in the wet tomorrow(tonight), then he's still going to be all of no where. I will say this, Vinales is a bit of a turd in the wet similar to Lorenzo.

So I think if Honda could switch to a 2014 chassis in 2015 to help Marquez, then Yamaha should have just switched back to the whole 2016 bike. Update it with the 2017 software and tweak the bike but it is hard to argue with just how good the 2016 bike is.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Watching these guys race in the rain pretty much proves NASCAR is a bunch of pussies!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

they are
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Fuck yeah Dovi!!!! this is going to be a straight showdown till the end, holy shit that did not disappoint
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I usually don't like rain races but damn that was entertaining. Dovi for the win was icing on the cake.

Yamaha has some real issues with that new bike and possibly the bike design in general. I guess that is work for the engineers.

I agree Dean. Nascar should race in the rain.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

We were bummed about the rain, and then damn! All the races were great!

That was the first time we've seen GP on beIN. Amazing coverage!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Yeah in comparison to FS1 is much better coverage. FS1 had horrible coverage, more commercials than actual coverage and zero ads on the BeIn end, races from beginning to end without interruptions. The race looked for a bit there like it cooled down and it would end with the gaps and what not but man did those two give us a show and also the little battle between Zarco, Iannone and Rins.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

That was a great race, super happy to see Dovi be able to win and take the fight to Honda and Marquez, cause apparently Yamaha can't.

Seeing those two duke it out to the end shows they are both willing to fight for the title this year. Whomever secures the crown will have earned it. The thing Dovi has going for him is the grunt from that Ducati. He knows he doesn't have to push in corners and make mistakes. He just has to stay close and blow past everyone on the straight, makes it easier and safer.

Good race indeed
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Guess that the whole Zarco pass on Lorenzo is making some serious headlines. What are your guys thought on that?
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/1...station/242792
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    We were bummed about the rain, and then damn! All the races were great!

That was the first time we've seen GP on beIN. Amazing coverage!
    When bein took over wsbk, they set the bar for mc racing coverage!

Guess that the whole Zarco pass on Lorenzo is making some serious headlines. What are your guys thought on that?
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/1...station/242792
    It was marginal but I still put it in the 'rubbing is racing' category. Nobody was taken out, it was just a hard pass. Now the rest of the race is one I wont forget

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    It was marginal but I still put it in the 'rubbing is racing' category. Nobody was taken out, it was just a hard pass. Now the rest of the race is one I wont forget
    Yeah I honestly don't think it was that drastic, as we all know Lorenzo loves to complaint when people fight him in the line as usual, like he's royalty and yeah Zarco is known for being a balsy guy but I personally didn't see much wrong with that. That race finish was definitely awesome
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I didn't think it was that bad of a pass. Zarco is known though for hard passes and he doesn't mind tapping someone. He's had more than one run-in with Rossi this year and a few others. Lorenzo is probably the worse for this to happen to, as he really hates getting bumped. Unless it's Dani Pedrosa, then Lorenzo loves to slam into him for some reason.

I think there was more of an infraction here between Lorenzo and Zarco, than Pedrosa and Rossi in Aragon. Rossi really got slammed by people for Aragon. In my opinion, he had the line and was first down the straight, it's up to the rider passing to get around safely. Why did Pedrosa not just go around on the right, instead of threading the needle on the left??

I do agree, rubbin is racin, and this wasn't much. Though it is harder because it's motorcycles. NASCAR can rub all day long, drivers aren't in the danger that riders are in.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Seems like the boys in blue may have some fight in them if the race stays dry this weekend
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Seems like the boys in blue may have some fight in them if the race stays dry this weekend
    The bike still doesn't seem as good as pre-season. But in the interest of Valencia being fun, it'd be fun to have MV first with Dovi second or third and 93 off the steps.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Man and the rain fucks it up once again, motherf... happy Dovi took the win but man doesn't look like Lorenzo was going to let him by as even with the "suggested mapping change" he was still running faster and well obviously that near lowside at T15 was not staged to let him by lol... I see Rossi surrendering his seat to Zarco past 2018, there is no way Yamaha will let him renew past that point competitive or not. Zarco and Viñales will be teammates past 2018 imo
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1