Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

The funny part is that you'd think that this issue would be fixed with them bumping the fees up to nearly $150 from $120, that's ridiculous. Glad I didn't pay this year
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

And Rossi upsetting bitches at the last minute haha, man out of nowhere! This dude has a knack for staying alive lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    The funny part is that you'd think that this issue would be fixed with them bumping the fees up to nearly $150 from $120, that's ridiculous.
    And Rossi upsetting bitches at the last minute haha, man out of nowhere! This dude has a knack for staying alive lol
    Exactly, with the fees they charge you'd think we would be getting much better connection and streaming. Even with my super fast cable internet streaming at 1080i from them can be a pain. I normally just use 720i instead of 1080, which I prefer. At least I got it to work for FP3 this morning, though it was half over when it finally started working.

Just got home and watched Qualifying and yeah Rossi pissed in some wheaties for a minute. Least Vinales was cool enough to say it was a normal racing incident. He really didn't have a leg to stand on with how he balked Redding. Had that been Lorenzo I'm sure it would have been blown out of proportion.

Should be a good race tomorrow. Sure it will be Marquez v. Vinales and Rossi on the podium.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'm interested to see how JLO does from 6th. He snuck into that grid position and with the speed of the Duck he may be able to make some moves on those straights. I'm not rooting for him but it will be interesting. If he bins it again then the media will go crazy.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Not sure, can't say to be be honest but if he gets impatient, it's going to be another bad weekend for him. Shoutout to BeIn sports for being assholes and not showing the race live now on either channel thanks to that bullshit el clasico soccer game
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Not sure, can't say to be be honest but if he gets impatient, it's going to be another bad weekend for him. Shoutout to BeIn sports for being assholes and not showing the race live now on either channel thanks to that bullshit el clasico soccer game
    Dude, we all know La Liga or whatever lame soccer game that is on is way more important than MotoGP. Just look at the artistry of soccer, how they can go 700 minutes without scoring a single point. Or how when they do score a point the people in the stands riot, burn stuff and beat each other because they've never seen a goal at a soccer game before. Or how all soccer players should receive Academy Awards for their acting, because they certainly aren't playing the game.

In all honesty, Soccer sucks and it always will. It's a crappy.... terrible sport.... and it's lame. Soccer is the only sport that has more "Draws" than wins or losses...

Sorry you have to miss the game man. With all the connectivity issues I have with MotoGP.com's site, it is at times like this I'm glad I have it. Least, I can watch it. I checked FS1 and FS2(Fox Sports) and neither of those two are showing it either. You'd think with this being the only American GP round we get from MotoGP, that Fox Suck 1 or Sucks 2 could tear themselves away from Neckcar for a few hours and show the race. They won't even do it for the American Formula 1 races. Formula 1 is on some NSNBCSF, ABCDEF, NCIS, BATFE, Member FDIC or some channel that I don't get with Playstation Vue. So I haven't watched a Formula 1 race this year.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I grew up playing soccer, played for the reserves for the Rapids here and it's a lifestyle back home but have lost love for it due to politics and flopping so agreed with what you said. A friend let me use the MotoGP pass for today thankfully so won't miss it
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

With all the talk during free practice 3 & 4 about how bumpy the track's gotten, and reports from the last track day that you weren't allowed to pass the people parking in the corners who'd never ridden on a track before, is it worth trying to ride there anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ock1 View Post
    With all the talk during free practice 3 & 4 about how bumpy the track's gotten, and reports from the last track day that you weren't allowed to pass the people parking in the corners who'd never ridden on a track before, is it worth trying to ride there anymore?
    I wonder how bumpy it is though. I expect 'bumpy' for a MotoGP track might be different than my opinion of bumpy.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Plot thickens now... Knew Vinales couldn't keep it together forever. Though I expected it to happen later in the year than now. So maybe he'll get the bugs out and be back to normal.

All I can say is, Rossi you got a huge gift today of the championship lead, now do your best to put some daylight between you and everyone else. We're coming to traditional Rossi tracks starting Jerez, he needs some big wins in the next four races to really capitalize on Vinales mistake. Marquez will claw back some ground as well.

What I couldn't understand was Rossi's pace. He was really just loafing along most of the race behind Pedrosa and then once he got past he puts 3+ seconds between him and Dani in the matter of two laps. I mean really?? Where was that during the race?? Granted he knew Vinales was out so he played it safe and brought home 20 points.

Oh yeah, someone slap the sh*t out of Zarco for that move. Thought the penalty to Rossi was weak as well, he gained no advantage, both kept their positions and it showed at the end of the race Zarco was all of nowhere. Guess .3 seconds is better than back of the grid start a la Valencia 2015...

Good race
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

They ride through it, that's what they do. They're the elite of the elite for a reason. Bummed for Viņales man but very happy for Rossi taking podium. Lorenzo dropped off as expected but he won't be relevant for a while.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

They ride through it, that's what they do. They're the elite of the elite for a reason. Bummed for Viņales man but very happy for Rossi taking podium. Lorenzo dropped off as expected but he won't be relevant for a while.
    Exactly, I think it was Matt Birt that said, what can Rossi do? Just try and make the corner and then they both would have went down. Have to give the two announcers credit even they thought the penalty was bunk.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I was referring to the bumps but yeah the penalty was bogus imo. Not that it mattered anyways, Rossi rode very smart and a well earned podium by him. I admire Zarco and his guts though, that dude is riding like he's been with the big dogs for a minute. Wouldn't surprise me if Yamaha factory pick him up later if he keep performing this way
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Apr 23rd, 2017 at 04:54 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I was referring to the bumps but yeah the penalty was bogus imo. Not that it mattered anyways, Rossi rode very smart and a well earned podium by him. I admire Zarco and his guts though, that dude is riding like he's been with the big dogs for a minute. Wouldn't surprise me if Yamaha factory pick him up later if he keep performing this way
    I see what you mean.

For me, I think Zarco is a really good rider as well. He has been known for some aggressive moves in Moto2 in the past. Rossi really slapped him down in the press conference post race. He was a bit harsh, but it could be lack of words(in English) to explain how he felt. I do agree with Rossi, that MotoGP isn't Moto2 and Zarco needs to learn that. A reporter asked Rossi and Pedrosa why they think the Moto2 riders are more aggressive than the old school 250cc riders. Rossi was spot on in his assessment in that with Moto2 everyone is on the same playing field. Same engine, same tires, same brakes, etc. So for Moto2 riders the main difference has to come from the rider. Which usually translates into good Moto2 races but develops a very aggressive way of riding. Pedrosa said somewhat similar in his response but referenced that new riders to MotoGP bikes need to understand the weight, the power, the fact that they arrive quicker into corners, etc.

You could tell by Rossi's initial remark about Zarco, that Marquez didn't care for it. He gave a very telling eyebrow raise when Rossi mentioned that Zarco needs to ride "more quiet".

Zarco's problem is he gets "shiny object syndrome". Look at Qatar as a good example. Something awesome happens and he's like a dog chasing parked cars, doesn't know what to do when he catches one. His lead in Qatar amped him up and he pushed his luck. Here in COTA, he saw he was catching Rossi and got excited by the fact that he's up with the front guys.

Which is odd that Zarco would suffer from some SOS, because he's older than most of the other riders so you'd think he'd have most of that out of his system by now. I can see Miller, or Redding or one of the Espargaro bros. pulling those kind of moves. You know the young, dumb, full of cum types.

I still like Zarco, I think he's got the best shot at getting Rossi's spot when Rossi retires. He does need to realize that he's not in Moto2 anymore. FWIW, he's doing great for a being a rookie. Would have thought Folger would be closer and Zarco is doing better than the other Moto2 graduates. I expected Rabat to do well in MotoGP considering how dominant he was in Moto2 and man that guy has turned out to be a real turd. Rabat will fall into the category of the "also rans" with time...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I wonder how bumpy it is though. I expect 'bumpy' for a MotoGP track might be different than my opinion of bumpy.
    I rode there in March and it's not terrible. The race line these guys are using is probably not the line you will be riding. There are a few I remember like the bump coming down the hill but it's still in great shape. HPR is way more bumpy currently than COTA.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I rode there in March and it's not terrible. The race line these guys are using is probably not the line you will be riding. There are a few I remember like the bump coming down the hill but it's still in great shape. HPR is way more bumpy currently than COTA.
    Also to remember is that Formula 1 races there at the end of the year and MotoGP at the beginning of the race season. From what I gather, Formula 1 wrecked that track last year. Even lightweight F1 cars put loads of stress on pavement. Can't you imagine if NASCAR actually ran that track!!! They'd have to completely bust out the old pavement, take it down to road base and pour new asphalt every year if NECKCAR came there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Also to remember is that Formula 1 races there at the end of the year and MotoGP at the beginning of the race season. From what I gather, Formula 1 wrecked that track last year. Even lightweight F1 cars put loads of stress on pavement. Can't you imagine if NASCAR actually ran that track!!! They'd have to completely bust out the old pavement, take it down to road base and pour new asphalt every year if NECKCAR came there.
    I would imagine they will do a repave this fall/winter. There are too many people talking about the track condition and riders complaining about it. The track may even cut some dates out for some of the smaller track organizations.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Holy Pedrosa man haha, great race by this dude and well earned win. Lorenzo out of nowhere lol and man Yamaha choosing the worst time to drop the ball, holy shit if Viņales and Rossi looked insanely uncomfortable, complete disaster when the satellite team finished ahead of the Factory team. Really curious as of to what happened besides the rear grip issue, there has to be something else besides that cause Rossi and Viņales were dropping like flies.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Holy Pedrosa man haha, great race by this dude and well earned win. Lorenzo out of nowhere lol and man Yamaha choosing the worst time to drop the ball, holy shit if Viņales and Rossi looked insanely uncomfortable, complete disaster when the satellite team finished ahead of the Factory team. Really curious as of to what happened besides the rear grip issue, there has to be something else besides that cause Rossi and Viņales were dropping like flies.
    Yeah, it's called Yamaha going backwards in engineering. The 2017 is a certified POS at this point. Sure it works for Vinales, but Rossi can't push, can't ride like he did in 2016. Basically, he can't do really much of anything. They might as well start planning the new bike for 2018, cause this 2017 is junk. Even Ducati beat them like a rented mule.

That had to be embarrassing for both Yamaha riders and very humiliating for Rossi. If it were me, I'd demand the 2016 chassis back. Marquez did it in 2015, why can't they get the 2016 chassis to Rossi and Vinales(if he wants it). I'd tell Lin Jarvis to put the 2017 bike where it belongs and that's in a dumpster in some back alley of Jerez.

Yamaha deserved that beating. They got their ass stretched and I hope they liked it.

How they can go from a great balanced bike in 2016 to this current POS is beyond me. If they keep this kind of performance up and don't do anything kind of changes. I'll call it right now. Rossi won't win the championship, he sure as hell won't win any races this year. Vinales might be lucky to snag a race win here and there, he won't win the championship either. Rossi is going to have his first win less year with Yamaha.

Memo to Yamaha:

How did Honda's ass taste??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I wouldn't go as far as it's a piece of shit, the first rounds the bike performed very well but whatever they changed for this round obviously bit them in the ass and hard. Incredible how unstable both riders were under braking, you rarely see Rossi rub wide and he ran wide at least 4 times in this race. Even Viņales at T1 there almost lost that thing hard. Not sure if the rules have changed at all about riding on last year's chassis but if indeed the chassis is the problem, they should give the riders the option to use it. Honda took a huge chunk of points off Yamaha this round, if this isn't a wake up call for Jarvis and the Yamaha team then I don't know what else would be. Hell the fact that Lorenzo finished in front of both riders should be concern enough.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I was happy to see Lorenzo exorcise some of the demons from the Ducati. It was good to see him so happy with the podium finish. Especially after watching him struggle all weekend at COTA.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

While I guess I am somewhat happy with the dude doing okay with the Ducati, I will say that if it wasn't for the Yamaha team struggling, he wouldn't have seen the podium. A good weekend for the guy but doubt he will carry much of this over except for Austria at least this season. We will see though, this may be the ray of light he was looking for.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I wouldn't go as far as it's a piece of shit, the first rounds the bike performed very well but whatever they changed for this round obviously bit them in the ass and hard. Incredible how unstable both riders were under braking, you rarely see Rossi rub wide and he ran wide at least 4 times in this race. Even Viņales at T1 there almost lost that thing hard. Not sure if the rules have changed at all about riding on last year's chassis but if indeed the chassis is the problem, they should give the riders the option to use it. Honda took a huge chunk of points off Yamaha this round, if this isn't a wake up call for Jarvis and the Yamaha team then I don't know what else would be. Hell the fact that Lorenzo finished in front of both riders should be concern enough.
    I think I'll go out on a limb and call it a POS at this point. I think they got lucky in Qatar and Argentina. Austin is a whole other beast of a track. Now that we are hitting the Euro tracks, it very well may be the nail in the coffin on a bad bike design for 2017.

I'd like to see them return to the 2016 chassis but that's not going to happen. I remember in testing they mentioned that with the new design of the engine it wouldn't fit into the frame of the 2016 model. So them changing back would just be wishful thinking. Hell, I'd be happy if they just gave Rossi his 2016 back and junk the 2017 he's on.

I mean look what Zarco did. I'm not taking anything away from Zarco, but he's not in Vinales and Rossi's level. He's close but not at their level and won't be for awhile. He was more than in striking distance of the podium. I dare say with Rossi on his old bike he would have dominated this race.

The thing that has always irritated me with Yamaha is their pompous attitude with their bikes. They aren't quite as pompous as Honder per se, but they are close. Though, no one beats Ducati in terms of believing their bike is the end all be all. I just think Yamaha really got it wrong this year for their bike. Which is so weird because why wouldn't they just use last year's bike as a template(which I'm sure they do to an extent).

Considering how fast Rossi was last year, if I were Rossi, I'd of told Yamaha don't change a thing about the bike. It was awesome as hell and very good in terms of pace.

The other piece of this sh*t puzzle I still believe is Michelin's front. Rossi has always been such a front end rider. Relying on heavy braking and front end stability. When Michelin took over, they designed a brilliant rear tire and I guess just felt they didn't need to make a front tire to go with the rear. Whereas Bridgestone by comparison, had the best front tire money could buy but the rear didn't compliment it.

The Michelin's aren't much of a problem for Vinales, he's new and doesn't know any difference. But I'd be willing to put money on Rossi is having a hard time with this new iteration of Michelin front tires. Regardless of all the, "we've found improvements with the front" comments Rossi makes. I think deep down Rossi hates this front tire and it will be the thorn in his side all season long. Love for him to prove me wrong but I don't think he or Yamaha will.

I still stand by my comments, if Yamaha can't figure it out quick(and by quick I mean next race) then they can kiss the championship goodbye for both riders and I dare say they won't win anymore races this season. I think Vinales might snag one or two more wins but Rossi will have his first win less Yamaha season.

Sad to say man, Yamaha have screwed the pooch on this year's bike. Especially after that ass pounding Honda and Ducati and well everyone else just gave them this weekend in Jerez. Their holes are so stretched out you can drive a truck through them.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I was happy to see Lorenzo exorcise some of the demons from the Ducati. It was good to see him so happy with the podium finish. Especially after watching him struggle all weekend at COTA.
    Thought it would take a little longer for him to get on the podium but he is making improvements. Better than Yamaha did this weekend for sure.

While I guess I am somewhat happy with the dude doing okay with the Ducati, I will say that if it wasn't for the Yamaha team struggling, he wouldn't have seen the podium. A good weekend for the guy but doubt he will carry much of this over except for Austria at least this season. We will see though, this may be the ray of light he was looking for.
    I agree with this. Lorenzo found some mojo but had it not been for Iannone crashing and Crashlow doing what Crashlow does best and that's crash, with team Yamaha sucking hind tit, then he would have been lucky to get a sniff of the top five. Lorenzo is top 6 or 7 for the rest of the season if things settle down for everyone. If Iannone stops wrecking and Crutchlow stops racing, and the wheels don't completely come off for Team Yamaha, then I believe Dovi and Lorenzo will fight for 6th or 7th most of the season.

I really hate to bag on Yamaha cause that's Rossi's team and bike. I love the look of the M1, just hate the brand that's on the side of the tank. But Yamaha needs to flush that 2017 turd quick before it really starts to stink.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Oh yeah one other thing(yeah double post I know). I lost all respect for Miller this weekend. How much of an a**hole do you have to be to not only strike/shove another rider but he did it while Bautista's back was to him? I'm sorry but Miller is a full on pussy for pulling that little stunt. Reminded me of the altercation Aaron Yates had with a privateer rider years back(in Daytona I think). He ended up pushing(headbutting among other things) the other rider after they went down in a crash together. Thankfully Yates has always sucked and his career has wonderfully reflected it. The fact that Yates went all of nowhere couldn't have happened to a better guy. I hope the same fate follows Miller as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"