Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Yeah that was super crazy from Miller, sure hope he apologized to Bautista. That was beyond fucked up...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah that was super crazy from Miller, sure hope he apologized to Bautista. That was beyond fucked up...
    He did, the even mentioned it during the race. That he said they talked it out. But it's still uncool and he only had "the talk" because I'm sure his team boss and all the MotoGP officials were ready to break it him off. You just can't strike another competitor, it's called racing and the competitive racing at that. Everyone is fighting for the same piece of tarmac. Sure guys get ticked off but man come on. At least come at someone when they are facing you, that shove from the back is just a cheesedick move.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

No matter how frustrated you are, you don't push nor strike another competitor, that's for sure.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

No matter how frustrated you are, you don't push nor strike another competitor, that's for sure.
    I agree, I think this was a classic example of Miller getting too big for his britches.

At the end of the day though, these racers are primadonna's same as any other celebrity. They have so many people around them telling them they are godlike and sooner or later they start to believe their own bullsh*t.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I agree, I think this was a classic example of Miller getting too big for his britches.

At the end of the day though, these racers are primadonna's same as any other celebrity. They have so many people around them telling them they are godlike and sooner or later they start to believe their own bullsh*t.
    They need to put Miller on an Aprilia or KTM for a few races... That'll humble him up a bit!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    They need to put Miller on an Aprilia or KTM for a few races... That'll humble him up a bit!
    Need to send him back to Moto3 where he belongs....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Well, after that Q session, looks to be a great race for tomorrow. Provided it stays dry and everyone gets away safe in the first few corners, then I'll call this an all Yamaha battle for the win.

It was interesting that while Vinales set the fastest and pole time in qualifying, I couldn't help but notice during the analysis of the fastest sector times that Rossi was 2nd, 2nd, 2nd and 1st in the timing splits. Vinales was 1st and 1st in split 1 and 3 but nowhere in 2 or 4. Rossi looks to be fast and consistent around the whole track.

If it all pans out and my hope is for Rossi to break free quickly, I think he may get his first win of the year.

Such a dramatic turn around from Jerez. Neither of the Yamaha's were on the radar. But Rossi for sure was in a living hell during that race. You can bet some ass got chewed at Yamaha for that performance at Jerez.

My only worry? Zarco

Just hope he keeps it cool and races hard but clean. With this being his home race and right next to Rossi and Vinales, he could totally cock this up and wreck Rossi and/or Vinales out of the race. If he wants to wreck everyone behind them that's fine, just leave the front two alone and this will be a good race.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Wow what a race. That little mistake from Rossi messed up everything for him and I don't think he needs to push that hard, not sure Maverick would have been able to catch him.

That was one exciting and depressing race I've ever seen. And I hate to say this, as I'm a huge Rossi fan. But the guy needs to retire. He's fast as hell but he's also embarrassing now. He's just too old to fight with these younger riders. They can make mistakes and find ways to catch up. He makes mistakes and goes down. He's just too old to run with these younger guys. If that were Rossi at 28 he wouldn't have gone down. Rossi at 38 needs to hang it up.

He's still the G.O.A.T. in my eyes and always will be but damnit man, just stop racing.

Feel bad and really hate to admit it, but Rossi just isn't fast enough anymore. He just flat blew that win....

Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun May 21st, 2017 at 07:19 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That was one exciting and depressing race I've ever seen. And I hate to say this, as I'm a huge Rossi fan. But the guy needs to retire. He's fast as hell but he's also embarrassing now. He's just too old to fight with these younger riders. They can make mistakes and find ways to catch up. He makes mistakes and goes down. He's just too old to run with these younger guys. If that were Rossi at 28 he wouldn't have gone down. Rossi at 38 needs to hang it up.

He's still the G.O.A.T. in my eyes and always will be but damnit man, just stop racing.

Feel bad and really hate to admit it, but Rossi just isn't fast enough anymore. He just flat blew that win....

Fighting for a win today and battling for the championship and he should hang it up?

Quote Originally Posted by VryfastRR View Post
    Fighting for a win today and battling for the championship and he should hang it up?
    Fighting for a win? I saw him lose it and end up on the deck with Zero points today. Losing a fight for the lead to come in 2nd is called battling for a win. Losing the front because he got desperate and tried to catch up, is called not having the speed anymore to keep these other guys behind him.

Marquez can lose the front and crash all he wants. He's still fast and will bounce back. Rossi can't keep up, he just can't do it anymore.

Again, I hate saying it as much as anyone. I'm a huge Rossi fan, I'm all things Rossi. But even I realize he's done. He's not going to win another championship, he's not going to win anymore races either. He's f**king finished!! When you've got a satellite rider on last year's kit staying in front of you, that should be a tell tale sign that you just don't have it anymore.

Sure he got passed Zarco and then pulled away. Shouldn't have been behind him to begin with. Should have passed him long before the race even got going. Rossi doesn't have the speed anymore. Then when push came to shove, he cracked under pressure with Vinales on his ass. Again, the guy doesn't have the speed anymore.

He was super fast last year and look where that got him. A ton of crashes and no consistency. Now he's back to his barely fast enough 2015 self and he's playing prevent defense. Again, he's not fast enough. He should be like Marquez, who's so fast he doesn't need to worry about playing defensive. Marquez just goes out there and wrecks people. Vinales has the same speed.

I want him to retire to save his legacy and save some face. Retire as the G.O.A.T. and not as some "has been, also ran". There is nothing more embarrassing than watching an old long in the tooth champion of days gone by, trying to race with the new elite. Look at how Shumacher did when he came back to F1, yep got his ass scorched. Look at Peyton Manning, had it not been for his defense, his broke and battered ass wouldn't have got that Superbowl ring, cause he sure didn't earn because of his performance.

Rossi is not the Rossi of 2004-2005 or 2008-2009. That Rossi of those years would crush today's opposition. He's not that guy anymore, I wished he still was, I really do. Because he's a people's champion and a real guy that loves the sport.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

He's competitive still man, just made a small mistake running wide on that turn and pushing way too hard to chase Viņales down as he should have settled for 2nd. Bummer but well 23 points behind will be a task and with Dani in front in points too. Lucky for him MM didn't score either or that would've been much worse.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

He's competitive still man, just made a small mistake running wide on that turn and pushing way too hard to chase Viņales down as he should have settled for 2nd. Bummer but well 23 points behind will be a task and with Dani in front in points too. Lucky for him MM didn't score either or that would've been much worse.
    And that's what my point is man. He's not Marquez who can close down 27 points easy. He's Rossi who is having a hard time finding a win, let alone a nice 2nd place on the podium. He should have just realized he screwed up in the braking zone and let Vinales win. Yeah it sucks, no one wants to let someone win. But he would have been only 7 points back, not 23 now. He won't close the gap, mark my words(not unless Vinales DNF's a couple times). He's done, you could see it in his eyes at the end. That screw up cost him big, it was just like Mugello's engine blow up of last year. It took the wind right out of his sails.

As you pointed out, now that Pedrosa is finding form and is fast. Marquez will always be there and now a super strong Vinales. Yep, Rossi is finished, his title hopes went up in smoke today. He might as well try and get a couple wins, because the championship was just lost today.

I don't see Vinales making a ton more mistakes, not with a fat lead that he has now.

I, do disagree with you though on your first point with him still being competitive. I honestly don't think he is this year. Last year yes, he was the fastest. This year, I'd say he's lucky if he's 4th or 5th fastest. He lost speed over the winter, or something. As it is right now, I'd say Marquez and Vinales are tied for 1st in terms of outright pace and speed, then Pedrosa and then Rossi is there in 4th or 5th with Zarco. Which I can't believe I'm saying that, but yes he's barely any faster than Zarco who's on last year's bike.

You can tell he doesn't have the speed when Vinales sets the lap record on the last freaking lap!!! I mean come on man, last lap with burnt up tires and he still sets the fastest lap. That's the kind of stuff Marquez pulls out of the air, super fast lap on the penultimate or last laps.

I'm sorry, but watching Rossi race this year, is like watching Apollo fight Drago... it's pointless...

Have to give credit to one of the posters over at Crash.net, I think it was said best. Rossi is completely opposite of his early years. When younger, he was fearless, imperious and made zero mistakes. He couldn't be rattled.. Now, he's reverse. Makes mistakes, isn't fast and sure gets rattled easy...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

C'mon man. Rossi has been 2nd in the championship for the last two years. He is going to make mistakes because he's human. The human factor is what makes racing great.

It's a long season and I think Rossi is just as competitive as he was at 28 but the competition is better.

Remember the real point of the show is for entertainment. That race was damn entertaining!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Zarco is not just a guy who moved up from moto2, if you watched his racing the last couple of years he is amazingly talented!

Agreed with Tom and yes that race was very good. Zarco definitely put up a he'll of a fight. He will earn Rossi's spot if he keeps this up for sure.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Agreed with Tom and yes that race was very good. Zarco definitely put up a he'll of a fight. He will earn Rossi's spot if he keeps this up for sure.
    Zarco is a lock for his spot if he keeps showing improvement and consistency. He is exciting to watch. Why couldn't anyone else put the Tech 3 on the podium?
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

The tech3 got the 2016 package which is very good and just fits Zarco super well, hell even Folger shows great promise. Zarco is a gutsy rider and he may be the next big thing at Yamaha next to Viņales. I thought Cal put the tech3 on the podium couple times?
    Last edited by madvlad; Wed May 24th, 2017 at 03:26 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Rossi got injured in a motocross incident, hopefully he will be okay to go for next round.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Rossi got injured in a motocross incident, hopefully he will be okay to go for next round.
    Why am I not surprised... Well, another year that Rossi WON'T win Mugello.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Just read that they didn't find any fractures, just sore from the hit but he's expected to be fit for the race
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Looks to be another epic battle at the front for the Yamaha guys.

Looking at FP3's race sim times, Rossi for sure has better pace than everyone else. Marquez is next closest and looks good. Vinales doesn't look that impressive, however his pole time was very good. Still, his pole time was not faster than Rossi's FP3 fastest lap, so Rossi looks to have a little left in the tank. Still not sure why he didn't do as well in Q2(yes P2 is good, but still didn't seem all that with it in the session).

Rossi and Marquez both clicked off many 1,47's in FP3, so if tomorrow's pace is in the 1,48's, should be a good battle and a race that Rossi might actually win. Let's see what happens, it's Mugello the race I've been waiting all year for and I'm glad it's finally here.

GO!!!!!!! #46
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Fucking A man, great race by Dovi and Petrux happy for them. Good placement for Rossi too, salvaging some points granted I'm sure he was hurting bad towards the end there cause he dropped way off. Pretty good race overall.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Great race!!! That start was nuts but the power on the straight from the Ducatis was unmatchable. Great tribute to Nicky.