Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Very good race!! Congrats to Dovi, that couldn't have happened to a nicer guy in the paddock. He finally got that elusive dry win and he did it in Mugello no less!!

I was laughing hard at the Pedrosa/Crutchlow incident. Dani is trying to apologize and there's Crutchlow being Crutchlow shoving a middle finger in his face. Just confirms that guys a real dick.

The start of the race was intense and thought we might actually get that the whole race, then it settled down into normal pace. Have to say that was a real crappy from Rossi, can't even get on the podium in his home race. Lost the final position to last year's Ducati. Someone needs to pull him aside and let him know that he needs to sell his motocross stuff. If that really is what held him up(his physical condition or lack thereof), then he needs to stop riding dirt. Anyone whose ever ridden dirt will tell you that it's a young man's sport and he needs to stop. Sure riding trails and having some offroad fun is one thing but leave the competition stuff to the McGrath's, Stewart's, and Carmichael's of the world.

Then again, I think it has more to do with mindset than physical condition. He's failed to win a race now for some 17 races. I mean Dovi won a race this year before Rossi. Time to hang that sh*t up....

Congrats to Dovi
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Actually Petrux has the GP17, Redding is the one that has the 16 along with Bautista. I wouldn't say hang it up just yet, he showed pace even with his injury given it was a core related one that affects you very hard mainly under braking on that main straight. He's only 30 points behind which is not the end of the world, not scoring last race is what killed him. Dirt accidents happen as training is necessary mainly if he wants to keep up with these younger and faster riders. I think he did very well today considering the shape he's in.

That tribute to Hayden brought tears to my eyes man, love being part of the 2 wheel community and wouldn't have it any other way.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Actually Petrux has the GP17, Redding is the one that has the 16 along with Bautista. I wouldn't say hang it up just yet, he showed pace even with his injury given it was a core related one that affects you very hard mainly under braking on that main straight. He's only 30 points behind which is not the end of the world, not scoring last race is what killed him. Dirt accidents happen as training is necessary mainly if he wants to keep up with these younger and faster riders. I think he did very well today considering the shape he's in.

That tribute to Hayden brought tears to my eyes man, love being part of the 2 wheel community and wouldn't have it any other way.
    My bad, had the two mixed up on the Pramac machines.

The thing is man, even with the pace he had. It still wasn't the greatest. I can't believe I'm going to use a Lorenzo reference but take Assen 2013. That guy had just broke his collarbone and still managed 5th place(with a fresh broken collarbone!!). Rossi takes some hard knocks to the thoracic area and all of a sudden that is the reason he can't place higher than 4th?? Like I say, I had high hopes for him based on this FP3 and FP4 times. Going by his FP times one would have bet on him to fight for the win or at least podium. Dude didn't have a sniff of the podium today.

I want him to win more than anyone but man watching some of these races this year is getting embarrassing. Le Mans was a great race and his best this season. He had the killer instinct, just screwed up on the last lap. Today's race has been like most of them though. Kind of fast but you can tell he's not with it.

And I know, everyone else behind should be embarrassed, I know the whole routine. Yes he's fast but if the guy can't start winning races then he might as well be a 100 points down. He ain't getting it done. He's getting schooled by his new teammate and just about everyone else.

I don't know what his problem is this year but he better pull his head out if he wants even a sniff of this year's championship.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And I know, everyone else behind should be embarrassed, I know the whole routine. Yes he's fast but if the guy can't start winning races then he might as well be a 100 points down. He ain't getting it done. He's getting schooled by his new teammate and just about everyone else.
    "just about everyone else" in what way? He is currently 3rd in the championship, which best I can figure is ahead of "just about everyone else".

So you are saying if he isn't winning every race he should hang it up? Where does that put the rest of the field, many of whom have never won or even placed on the podium?? Marquez has really sucked balls this year... he should for sure retire now; we are not gonna even mention Jorge... jeeeezz.
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Quote Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
    "just about everyone else" in what way? He is currently 3rd in the championship, which best I can figure is ahead of "just about everyone else".

So you are saying if he isn't winning every race he should hang it up? Where does that put the rest of the field, many of whom have never won or even placed on the podium?? Marquez has really sucked balls this year... he should for sure retire now; we are not gonna even mention Jorge... jeeeezz.
    The comment above has more to do with stuff I read over on Crash.net all the time about how Rossi should retire, but then people will say that everyone finishing behind him should retire as well. It's hard to understand what I was conveying over the internet. What I meant was, I've heard it all about what people will say in defense of Rossi. I was one of those people, but I'm starting to change and not be "that guy" anymore. I can't defend someone that is losing so much this year.

You mention Marquez and Lorenzo. Well Marquez and Lorenzo have both won championships in this decade. Rossi hasn't won a championship since '09!! That's right dude, 8... long... ass... years since he's stood at the top.

The other thing is Pedrosa, Marquez, Vinales and Dovi have all won this year(don't really care if Lorenzo ever wins again). But it's going to be 18 races once we arrive in Catalunya since Rossi won a race.

So to your comment that since everyone finishes behind him should they also retire. No, not at all. No one should retire based on their placings and this also includes Rossi. Rossi is still fast and competitive, he's just podium competitive and not "race win" competitive. Which is lame as hell, I want to see him winning races not settling for 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. Sometimes yes, everyone has to settle for the position they are in. However, Rossi has to settle for those positions because he can't even get a sniff of 1st place. Everyone else that have won, belong in the club they are in for this year. They have all demonstrated their ability to ride to the ragged edge/tip of the spear and win. Rossi has shown that when he rides on the ragged edge, he goes down.

Again, preaching the choir here man. I'm the biggest Rossi fan here. It's always been a running joke with how much of a Rossi fan I am. However, I used to defend the guy and try and explain what has happened in races in the past. No more, I'm tired of that, he just flat out sucks this year and that's how I see it. 2014, 2015 and 2016 Rossi rode well, was fast, competitive and won races. He showed why he belonged at the tip of the spear.

And yes, Rossi has finished in 2nd the last three years in the championship. That's a great achievement and very admirable, especially for a 38 year old racer. However, the harsh reality is 2nd place is the 1st LOSER!! in any championship. It's time for Rossi to go big, or go home. He needs to keep his ass on the porch, because the big dogs are just to fast to run with anymore....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Here's a quick snippet from MotoGP.com on Rossi and comments....

After crashing when training motocross before his home Gran Premio d’Italia Oakley, Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) was even unsure if he would be able to race at Mugello – but hurdle by hurdle the number 46 put on another incredible show at his home GP.

Taking the lead from second on the grid and fighting for the win and podium throughout, Rossi pushed hard to not let the consequences of the crash hold him back, but he wasn’t quite able to hold onto it - fading slightly to fourth at the flag. Nevertheless, the points haul was an impressive one in the circumstances – and now there are a few more days to recover before the Catalan GP, which was the stage for Rossi’s most recent win last season.

Valentino Rossi, P4: "I knew that today‘s race would be more difficult than usual for me. While on the bike I rode well and I didn't have pain, but I was struggling a bit and I knew that 23 laps would be long and hard. I tried my best, I did a perfect start and I led the race for some laps, but I couldn't really ride the way I would have liked to. At the end I tried to stay close to the riders in front, but I did not have the power to attack Danilo. I would have liked a lot to be on the podium today, but there was nothing I could do. It‘s a bit disappointing that I'm not on the podium at Mugello, but seeing where I was few days ago, and the big hit I took, it‘s been a positive weekend all in all. Being here and riding in front of so many fans was a “gift”. Now we have just few days before Catalunya, another important race, so I will try to recover and be in perfect shape in Barcelona."

So see, straight from the horse's mouth, the pain really didn't affect him today, he just couldn't ride the way he wanted too. Which translates into "I just flat f**king sucked today and that's all there is too it."

Also why try to recover and be in perfect shape for Catalunya?? Can't win. So just take some time and heal up normally.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 4th, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I'm the biggest Rossi fan here. It's always been a running joke with how much of a Rossi fan I am.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Now that's funny...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by VryfastRR View Post
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Well, ahead of the Catalunya GP here's a little something. Yep, I remember when the guy in yellow "used" to be able to do this...

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/252542/
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

He won there last year dude hahaha chillax. It was raining in the session so everyone's times are fucked lol. That 2009 showdown was just one of the best battles in history imo. The old man only trails by 23 points which is not bad considering that DNF and still a long ways to go. Age slowly but surely starts to get you but he still in there figuring it out day by day.
    Last edited by madvlad; Fri Jun 9th, 2017 at 05:17 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well, ahead of the Catalunya GP here's a little something. Yep, I remember when the guy in yellow "used" to be able to do this...

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/252542/
    BK-

If your really a Rossi fan, which I doubt, you would realize he is third in a very close points race. He led that points race for several weeks and lost it while fighting for the lead. He has been competitive at every race but one and that was due to tire issues.

He is ahead of the golden boy MM and nobody is saying he is washed up. Why?

Lorenzo can't find the podium if someone put it in a box and handed it to him? Don't hear much about that?

Either quit yer bitchin' and talk about the races or admit your not a Rossi fan so we all know where you stand.

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Check and mate.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Lol!! Nothing to check or mate. I'll deal with this when I get home...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    BK-

If your really a Rossi fan, which I doubt, you would realize he is third in a very close points race. He led that points race for several weeks and lost it while fighting for the lead. He has been competitive at every race but one and that was due to tire issues.

He is ahead of the golden boy MM and nobody is saying he is washed up. Why?

Lorenzo can't find the podium if someone put it in a box and handed it to him? Don't hear much about that?

Either quit yer bitchin' and talk about the races or admit your not a Rossi fan so we all know where you stand.

You're right man, apparently you got me. I must be terrible and no fan of VR46 at all. Oh wait, what are these??

What is all that?? Oh I know, that's $1000+ dollars in helmets alone, two miniature bikes, two hats, a book and oh yeah, last year's Valentino Rossi The Game. And what's that?? A '99 Yamaha R1 with a 2004 M1 graphics scheme with a big gigantic #46 on the tail seat cowl. Oh yeah, still have a poster of him on his M1 from the 2005 Laguna Seca GP on the wall.

You're right, I've only followed him as a racer since 2001-2002ish. So roughly 15 years of watching my greatest inspiration on a motorcycle race.

I was there when he was at Honda, made his epic switch to Yamaha, then bring Yamaha 4 championships. I was there as a fan when he broke his leg at Mugello, then when he made his regrettable switch to Ducati for winless two years. I was still there as a fan when he returned to Yamaha and went on to claim a victory at Assen. I was still there as a fan when he clawed his way back to the sharp end of the spear in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

I think this person from crash.net summed it best after the Mugello race a few weeks ago.

iSayuSay

"June 04, 2017 6:02 PM
    Last Edited 3 days ago

That's the keyword. Marc is the reigning champion, Lorenzo won the title in 2015. And Rossi hasn't won a single title since 2009. And this year he's even struggling for 3rd.

If you're a true Rossi fan, do you love to see your idol being a loser for the last 8 years? Settling for P2 or P3 just to survive each season. Would you like to see your idol struggle for 4th or 5th this year, played around by those younger riders? Are you a real fan?

I would love to see #46 win races, and TITLE. Not just juggling around for podium. Rossi is not just some random rider. If he cannot win, might as well not see him on track anymore. Be a chairman of Dorna, head of Yamaha team or whatever. See? that's a real Rossi fan would hope for."

I agree with much of what that person said. Can't say as I want to see him as a chairman for DORNA, that company is a joke.

So now we come to 2017. Rossi is having a terrible year. He's not competitive and he's hurt. There was even a story of him saying he would have liked a break after Mugello to recover. I mean come on man, the Rossi of old was dying to get back on the bike when he broke his leg in 2010. Fast forward to now, where he gets bucked off a dirtbike and takes a shot to the ribs and now he's wanting a break??

What the hell happened to the Valentino Rossi, I've spent 15 years watching???

So yes, after 15 years and countless races of watching him ride I think I've earned the right to comment/critique his performance just a little. You see I remember all those seasons with him dominating and winning race after race. He's not doing that anymore. It's time for him to go, he cannot win anymore. It's time for him to hang it up. I'm going to use a cheesy Top Gun reference here and say, he's lost his edge and he's holding on too tight, it's time for him to turn in his wings. 2015 was the MIG that really screwed him up and he may not make it back to the carrier. And to use another cheesy reference, it is like watching Apollo fight Drago.... yes, Rossi is getting his ass kicked that bad. Someone needs to throw in the towel and soon. He doesn't have that Eye of the Tiger anymore(hasn't had it for a long time).

You see, I'm such a hardcore fan of VR46, that at this point I'd much rather see him retire and let his legacy live on. For him to be remembered as the G.O.A.T.... Rather then watch him troll around for the occasional podium, or 4th's, 5th's or 10th places. I don't want to watch the racer I've looked up to for so long when it comes to motorcycles, struggle the way he is this year. When a racer of his caliber is struggling to get past a Tech3 bike, then yes he's struggling. And it's embarrassing to watch.

All that's left now is for his legacy to take even more of a beating. To be even more of an embarrassment throughout the rest of 2017.

Rossi has done more in his last few years with Yamaha than most of his championship winning seasons. He's proven to everyone that even being in his late 30's he's been competitive. He came very close to winning the championship in 2015. He's shown that no matter the age, the passion is what burns and what pushes you to go on. However, everyone runs empty on drive at some point in life.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Firstly know that I'm just giving you a hard time about this, nothing personal at all. Just observations.

Secondly, let me explain that your ability to buy helmets and put stickers on a bike doesn't make you a Rossi fan. I've approached people in the united states and abroad that had on Rossi hats or shirts and they didn't even know who Rossi is. So as disappointing as that is it really doesn't sway my opinion one way or another.

As far as your opinion on his level of competition currently that is where we differ. Or possibly we don't, you are just having a hard time coming to grips with the fact he isn't going to win race after race like he has in the past. I already made the case for why but I'll point out a few things for the sake of discussion. He has struggled in qualifying and practice but come race day he is usually at the front. He is still one of the most respected riders in the paddock and in the world. He has been second in points and won races in the previous two season's. So how is that not competitive? I'm sure there are several other riders that would love to be in his seat at this moment. You even admit in your post he has been competitive he just hasn't won the championship. Do you realize how many things have to come together to win a championship at any race level? How hard it is to put a season together? This is the point with your posts that don't make sense. You even flip flop in your post above. Stick to one opinion so we can all follow along

My other point is possibly to big for you to understand or for me to explain but I'll give it a shot. The 30,000 foot view is that I'm a fan of MotoGP and every rider to some degree. These riders are the fastest, most talented riders in the world. They have earned their seat through competition and have to perform to keep their seat. I for example, enjoyed seeing Pedx beat Rossi at Mugello. Did you see the sheer joy in that guys face? How was that not great? Yeah I would agree I would have shuffled that podium a bit to get Rossi on it but I still can't argue about the results. So that point of view is how I watch the races. Every rider is fast and every rider is more talented than I am on a motorcycle so I watch in awe of the best riders in the world with my favorite always being Rossi. So for you to be a Rossi fan but always criticizing his riding ability doesn't make sense to me. His legacy isn't taking a beating. Not to the true MotoGP fan.

Rossi will always be the GOAT because of what he has accomplished and what he continues to accomplish. Not because of how many races he wins in this particular season or the next. He is the only rider that will be able to even achieve some of the things he has because the class or bike isn't even available to be ridden anymore. He brings his charisma to the paddock and the organization like few other riders.
    Last edited by Gramps; Sat Jun 10th, 2017 at 06:22 AM.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Now on to what's important.

What do you think about all the fuss over the new chicane instead of the F1 chicane?

The riders are all wanting it changed from the sound of it.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Firstly know that I'm just giving you a hard time about this, nothing personal at all. Just observations.

Secondly, let me explain that your ability to buy helmets and put stickers on a bike doesn't make you a Rossi fan. I've approached people in the united states and abroad that had on Rossi hats or shirts and they didn't even know who Rossi is. So as disappointing as that is it really doesn't sway my opinion one way or another.

As far as your opinion on his level of competition currently that is where we differ. Or possibly we don't, you are just having a hard time coming to grips with the fact he isn't going to win race after race like he has in the past. I already made the case for why but I'll point out a few things for the sake of discussion. He has struggled in qualifying and practice but come race day he is usually at the front. He is still one of the most respected riders in the paddock and in the world. He has been second in points and won races in the previous two season's. So how is that not competitive? I'm sure there are several other riders that would love to be in his seat at this moment. You even admit in your post he has been competitive he just hasn't won the championship. Do you realize how many things have to come together to win a championship at any race level? How hard it is to put a season together? This is the point with your posts that don't make sense. You even flip flop in your post above. Stick to one opinion so we can all follow along

My other point is possibly to big for you to understand or for me to explain but I'll give it a shot. The 30,000 foot view is that I'm a fan of MotoGP and every rider to some degree. These riders are the fastest, most talented riders in the world. They have earned their seat through competition and have to perform to keep their seat. I for example, enjoyed seeing Pedx beat Rossi at Mugello. Did you see the sheer joy in that guys face? How was that not great? Yeah I would agree I would have shuffled that podium a bit to get Rossi on it but I still can't argue about the results. So that point of view is how I watch the races. Every rider is fast and every rider is more talented than I am on a motorcycle so I watch in awe of the best riders in the world with my favorite always being Rossi. So for you to be a Rossi fan but always criticizing his riding ability doesn't make sense to me. His legacy isn't taking a beating. Not to the true MotoGP fan.

Rossi will always be the GOAT because of what he has accomplished and what he continues to accomplish. Not because of how many races he wins in this particular season or the next. He is the only rider that will be able to even achieve some of the things he has because the class or bike isn't even available to be ridden anymore. He brings his charisma to the paddock and the organization like few other riders.
    Oh it's fine, don't mind you giving me a hard time. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Actually yeah, having all the Rossi stuff does make me a fan. Why? because I don't have stuff from other riders. Rossi is the only one that I've actively sought to buy his stuff.

We can agree to disagree on his level of performance this year. But see for all your conjecture of how it all has to come together to win a championship. One glaring thing that is missing from all that(yet in a round about way did allude too) is the fact that he doesn't win race after race. And that, is how championships are won. You have to win races in order to win a championship. And yes, I'll get flamed for it, but if you win a championship without winning races. It doesn't mean you're the champion, just means you go lucky(cough Alzamora cough). Because a champion has to win races, must win races in order to take maximum points from their competitors.

So yes, while getting 2nd place for three years in a row in the MotoGP championship is a monumental achievement. At the end of the day though it really isn't. It's first loser. Somewhat similar to the olympics for gold, silver and bronze. You actually win bronze but you lose for silver.

I do realize it's hard to put together a season(it's even harder for Rossi). However, doesn't seem hard for Marquez or even Lorenzo. They seem to manage just fine. Reason?? They win races, which makes putting together a championship season a lot easier if you can win races. I'm not saying the guy who wins the most races will always win the championship, that is never the case(injuries, crashing, mechanical failures all factor in). However, winning races and the ability to win races is what makes a champion's life easier in the battle for the championship.

I don't disagree with you on him being a very respected rider in the paddock. Yes, he's won races and scored points in the last four seasons(13-16). However, he ain't looking so good this year.

See I'm not flip flopping, I'm breaking it all down. I can break down Rossi's last four season and pinpoint the exact moment when he lost the chance to fight for a championship.

2013 - returns to Yamaha, wins one race(Assen), isn't competitive most of the season, takes 6 podiums
    2014 - wins two races(Misano, Phillip Island), no one was going to take the crown from Marquez that year(he won 13 races). Rossi begins his streak of consecutive podiums for 18 races
    2015 - wins four races(Qatar, Argentina, Assen and Silverstone). Rossi's real chance at the championship. Point(s) where he loses the championship. His royal screw up in Misano(wet race, stayed too long on wets), Sachsenring(Pedrosa beats him for 2nd place, taking a crucial 4 points away), Aragon(again Pedrosa, beats him for position and takes away more crucial points), finally Malaysia(really do I have to explain this one?? All I can say is point where he got screwed out of the championship).
    2016 - wins two races(Jerez, Catalunya) Rossi is fast(probably the fastest on the grid) this year but has many, many mistakes. Crashes at Austin, Assen, and his engine blow up in Mugello ruined his chance for the title. He had 4 DNF's that year.
    2017 - To date: 0 wins, one DNF, one 10th(which might as well be a DNF), and a crummy 4th at Mugello, with 3 podiums only. This year of hell ain't over yet.

So see I just broke down five years so far in just a few sentences. I could go into even greater detail but those are just synopsis of how the years turned out. Again, I can only do that for Rossi. I can't do that for any other rider as I don't follow them as close. Sure I can tell you how others did if I can remember. I for the most part remember where Rossi places(given a current season, past seasons I only remember wins).

On to your 3rd point, the 30000ft view of MotoGP. I wholly agree with you. I really enjoyed seeing Dovi take his first win in the dry, and at Mugello no less. Was great to see Petrucci get a podium. That guy is fast and deserves it. He really shows why he should be on the team and why he's relevant, which is more than I can say for Redding(a real turd).

I was happy to see Pedrosa win in Jerez. Always like Dani as a racer, he's fast and consistent just injury prone his whole career. Wished Iannone was doing better, that guy is fast just doesn't have what it takes to ride that Suzuki fast. I think he was more made for the Ducati and that's all he knew up to this year.

I do disagree with your comment of, all of these riders in MotoGP being the fastest and most talented. I think there are a few WSBK riders(Rea, Davies, VD Mark, maybe Sykes) that should be here in MotoGP and some MotoGP riders(Redding, Crutchlow, Miller, Rabat, Lowes and Smith) that belong in WSBK and on really crappy superbike teams.

Very much agree with you, these guys are talented and way more than I am. However, as a fan I do have an eye for racing and talent. And can see when riders aren't pulling their own. When their talents are starting to diminish and when it's possibly time for them to move on.

I think the hang up you have is that I'm critical of Rossi's performance this year. Which is totally true, I'm not lying or hiding that fact. I was completely 100% behind last year, and the year before, and the year before and so on. This year is the first year, I've seen him not riding very well. He's tanking in terms of abilities. His first three podiums this year were nice and all but look at the last four races(including this current one for tomorrow). I don't know what happened to him but a switch got turned off. Cause since Jerez he's sucked it up bad. I don't even consider Le Mans a good race for him. Sure he was battling for the lead but he still went down. And remember, "to finish first, one must first finish". Then that laughable ride from leading then to 4th in Mugello. Uhhh, that's going backwards. It's fine when Lorenzo does it, I don't care where he ends up. But Rossi doesn't need to be going backwards in a race(not if he wants that 10th title).

Lastly, yes his legacy is taking a beating. Just look at this mornings qualifying grid positions. I won't deny that he has loads of charisma and presence that no one in MotoGP will ever touch. He's the people's champion and always will be. Just think that it's time for the people's champion to really evaluate where he's going to be, because watching him troll around for low positions is not enjoyable and somewhat painful for those fans of his.

Now on to what's important

What do you think about all the fuss over the new chicane instead of the F1 chicane?

The riders are all wanting it changed from the sound of it.
    I think they should go back to the F1 chicane. The new configuration really put a nasty kink in the track. Only slowed them down by around a second a lap. But I agree with what some of the commentators were saying during the FP's. If someone where to go down there, it could be potentially a trainwreck in progress. Bike and rider could end up back on the racing line and pose a danger to everyone else. Also with how fast everyone is braking for that corner, it could be a potential pile up as well if a couple riders came together.

I think it's better that they decided to go back to the F1 layout. A little more stopping distance and strings them out just a bit.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

BK-

Your logic just doesn't make sense to me.

Your a Rossi fan because you bought his replica stuff? or Did you buy his replica stuff because your a fan?

You are a MotoGP fan but not a fan of how Rossi is performing? or Your a Rossi fan but don't like how competitive MotoGP is currently?

Your disappointed because Rossi doesn't win the championship every year? or Your emotional because you feel like he should win everything because you have been a fan so long and spent way too much money on helmets and games?

Your critical of his riding but admit you couldn't come close to his level of performance?

Your upset because he had an incident at LeMans battling for the lead? So exactly how do you want him to win races if he doesn't battle for the lead?

You really don't need to answer these questions. Your not going to change my opinion and I'm not making any headway getting you to consider any other opinion for yourself so just think of these as rhetorical. Probably the only reason I'm even posting this is because I'm bored waiting on the AC guy and your easy.
    Last edited by Gramps; Sat Jun 10th, 2017 at 09:39 AM.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Dude, you're killing me here. It's you're, not your. Lol!!!

I'll comment when I get home. Out and about already and can't type long responses on my phone.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

BK-

Your(<----correct use) logic just doesn't make sense to me. Figured it wouldn't...

Your(You're) a Rossi fan because you bought his replica stuff? or Did you buy his replica stuff because your a fan? Bought the stuff because I'm a fan..

You are a MotoGP fan but not a fan of how Rossi is performing? or Your(You're) a Rossi fan but don't like how competitive MotoGP is currently? Love MotoGP and how competitive it is, however Rossi is under-performing(this year).

Your(You're) disappointed because Rossi doesn't win the championship every year? or Your(You're) emotional because you feel like he should win everything because you have been a fan so long and spent way too much money on helmets and games? Not disappointed he doesn't win every year, this isn't the case at all. He's been competitive up until this season. Which is how it should be. A rider should show why they belong and he has shown why he is competitive, until now. As for this year, yeah not so much.

Your(You're) critical of his riding but admit you couldn't come close to his level of performance? Yep, still can critique someone based on what I see. This year's performance isn't anywhere near the previous years performances. Keep in mind I'm not critical of his actual riding. More or less his performance in the races.

Your(You're) upset because he had an incident at LeMans battling for the lead? So exactly how do you want him to win races if he doesn't battle for the lead? His challenge against Vinales was some of the best riding I've seen him do this season, right up until the point he went down. If you can't win, settle for 20pts instead of a zero. Challenging for a win and coming in 2nd is admirable and a worthy fight. Challenging for a win, crashing out and getting zero points is counterproductive and only makes life harder in a championship. Again, "To finish first, first you must finish.." <----Don't know how many times I have to explain that.

You really don't need to answer these questions. Your(You're) not going to change my opinion and I'm not making any headway getting you to consider any other opinion for yourself so just think of these as rhetorical. Probably the only reason I'm even posting this is because I'm bored waiting on the AC guy and your(you're) easy.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Big congrats to Dovi!! That guy deserves that one. He's riding so high right now and to be able to do something that hasn't been done since Stoner was at Ducati(win two back to back races). Saved his tires the whole race and kept his cool. Good rides from Marquez and Pedrosa. Thought, Pedro had a little better pace but dropped back. Even Lorenzo was on a yo-yo for lap times and got back to 4th. Lots of run offs for everyone in T1.

Good race I enjoyed it...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Fucking A Man, Dovi on a mission and shoving it up Lorenzos and Ducatis ass. Hope he wins the title this season.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1