Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Yeah that whole Zarco deal is getting on my nerves and he's done it quite a few times now. Late pass and makes way for Pedrosa lol what? I'm sure he is also wanting Rossi to struggle to get his seat possibly next season depending on how this one ends for him.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah that whole Zarco deal is getting on my nerves and he's done it quite a few times now. Late pass and makes way for Pedrosa lol what? I'm sure he is also wanting Rossi to struggle to get his seat possibly next season depending on how this one ends for him.
    The thing is, he's fast and has great talent. But, he still is pulling these bonehead moves the same as he did in Moto2. I do think he has it out for Rossi. Have to remember, all these guys have huge egos and when Rossi slammed him earlier in the season for some of the moves he's done, he's held a grudge over it. You can see it when he passes other riders, most of the time he pulls it off without much fanfare. Yet, he gets to Rossi and inevitably pulls off a very hard pass, that while may be a clean pass usually ends up screwing both of them. He's so bent on passing Rossi that he can't pick the best time to pass. He just wants to prove a point. The only problem is, if Rossi were on last year's bike and riding the way he did last year, Zarco wouldn't even be fast enough to hold Rossi's jock. So he's kind of kicking Rossi while he is down. And whatever, it's a sport and they are paid professionals, so it's going to happen. He is gunning for Rossi's spot and I think we may see Rossi leave early if he can't turn this season around and somewhat salvage this year with some positive results.

At this point Rossi is doing worse than he did in 2013. He had one win that year and 6 podiums, he can't even sniff the podium this year. He's really struggling and so is Vinales.

Which after stepping back and reflecting a bit on the performance of the two riders. Along with both of them now really struggling to do well. I think Rossi is still fast, sure I think he's lost a little bit of motivation and speed, and he isn't as fast as he was last year. But I think it's a 50/50 scenario. I think the other half of his problem is that piece of crap M1 he's on. It just isn't performing that well. Yamaha have gone from having a great all around package, that works well at any track to having a bike that is starting to struggle with being midpack.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Anyone else having issues with MotoGP.com's ability to playback the race after it's already been over. I wanted to watch it again just now, as I missed the first few laps this morning and I can't even get a smooth stream out of them. Usually I watch it in 1080 but drop back to 720 if it's having some speed issues. Lately, I've been getting a very stop and start kind of streaming. It will play about 4 seconds worth of video, lock up and then speed everything up to catch up where it seized. Then plays for a few seconds and does it all over again. Very irritating... And I know it can't be me, although my upload speeds seem to be throttle back these days by Comcast.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Went over to testmy.net to compare and I guess I don't really have much to complain about in terms of sheer speed I'm running. Thought the issue might be on my end but with 419% faster than my average host, 618% faster than my city average and 934% faster than US average. Guess the problem might lie with MotoGP.com. I know what it is!!! They must be using the Call of Duty servers. Nothing lags out like some COD servers... LOL!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

The only issue I was having is that once I was on streaming 1 then the feed would loop in about 3-4 intervals and freeze the picture but once I went to streaming 2,3 or 4 everything was fine and running full 1080p without issues.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

The only issue I was having is that once I was on streaming 1 then the feed would loop in about 3-4 intervals and freeze the picture but once I went to streaming 2,3 or 4 everything was fine and running full 1080p without issues.
    Yeah I prefer to do as you and watch the race live, so I can choose the different streaming options. My issue is on the replays of the races. Lot of times I'll watch the race again later on Sunday or sometime during the week. I've just been noticing that they have some playback issues on new races. Now, old races not so much. I'm sure I can go back and watch the opening round at Qatar with no issue. But, it's always the current race that has the issue. Could be many people do as I do and watch it over a time or two. Oh well, either way I'll just live with it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I watched the race Sunday evening and had no issues with playback. It is not your connection, I have only 15Mbps. I suspect the servers might have been overloaded immediately after the race

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I watched the race Sunday evening and had no issues with playback. It is not your connection, I have only 15Mbps. I suspect the servers might have been overloaded immediately after the race
    ^this, it does seem like it's a server overload deal. Most people aren't as crazy as us and watch shit live haha
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah, except Argentina and COTA I don't get up early enough to watch live. Would be interesting to see stats for when viewed in our market.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

I agree, most streaming sites are setup to work with internet connections that are a lot less than where I'm at. Even Call of Duty servers are setup to work with folks on basic DSL connections around 5mbps. In all reality you don't need a super fast connection to work with sites streaming. Only reason I have it as fast as I do, is I'm usually running PC, laptop, wi-fi and PS4, along with Roku. So I'd like to always have more than enough to work with all the devices. I'm a more is more kind of guy. Never is less, more. More is more...

I agree, most people catch the races on the re-run later in the day on BeIN sports. Normally, if it's a good race. I'll catch it live, and then watch it again a time or two later on Sunday. Just cause the second time around I use to analyze the races more, whereas during the live race, I'm just enjoying the race to enjoy it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Digging that new flag to flag set up, much safer for sure
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Digging that new flag to flag set up, much safer for sure
    agreed
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

That was a blistering lap from Marquez to secure pole. Was thinking Rossi was about to obliterate it based on his first three sector times. He said in the post qualifying interview that he has lots of spinning in the fourth sector. But to me, looked like the caught a few riders in front of him that may have hampered his speed. I think he's also being a little coy about his race chances tomorrow saying his race pace needs some work. He does look to have some decent pace. Still think this is Marquez race, based on just how fast he is.

Was great to see a lap under the two minute mark for Silverstone.

Should have a good race for tomorrow, let's hope the weather stays clear and we get a clean dry race.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Marquez was at and over the edge for most of his qual lap; Rossi not so much. The Doctor may be "in" tomorrow....
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Quote Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
    Marquez was at and over the edge for most of his qual lap; Rossi not so much. The Doctor may be "in" tomorrow....
    I agree, he did seem very smooth and racy. Marquez was all over the place and Rossi was just smooth. Still believe the sector four might be due to other riders in front and not so much the excessive wheel spin. I'm hoping for a good race tomorrow.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Dude what a heartbreaker for Rossi, fuck that made me mad... also sucks for MM on the blown engine. Good race overall though. This championship is wide open, one mistake from any rider from here on out and is game over, wow...
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Dude what a heartbreaker for Rossi, fuck that made me mad... also sucks for MM on the blown engine. Good race overall though. This championship is wide open, one mistake from any rider from here on out and is game over, wow...
    Man, I had a good hard laugh when I saw it all unfold. Really can't fault Rossi in this instance, I do think he could have put up a little more of a fight(especially since he just let Vinales go by) but he's thinking about championship and what happened in Le Mans.

But you know Yamaha has got to be thinking they really have a turd loser for a 2017 bike. Sure they have made some in roads and gotten better but it's just not enough at this point. When Ducati wins 4 races and both of them in back to back instances. It's time to rethink just how Yamaha is making a bike.

My opinion at this point in the championship, Yamaha are lucky to be 3rd best bike. I don't know how everyone keeps saying they have the best package and bike. Yamaha's performance is so yo-yo that's it's not even funny anymore.

And I don't think Ducati has gotten that much better, surely they have improved. However, I think it's just that everyone else just sucks this year. Look at Suzuki, last year they were easily on par with Ducati as the 3rd best bike on the grid and in my opinion, were a better bike than Ducati last year. So really, Ducati haven't improved by leaps and bounds, it's just everyone else have gone in reverse.

Honda, is the only bike that I see being best on the grid at the moment. Mainly it's only Marquez doing well on it. Pedrosa is still having issues with the bike but has won, and Crutchlow is doing better on his RCV213. But in my eyes the Honda is very consistent in terms of pace at every track.

But again, 2017 hasn't been the best year for bike development and tire development. I believe that for some reason Michelin is actually worse this year with tire allocation than last year. Or it's just that other teams can't work well with this year's tires. With almost two seasons in the books, I can say I'm not impressed with Michelin at all. You can tell Michelin are having problems making their tires perform, when one guy uses a Soft, others are on the Hard and they both last the same distance. Or in today's case, the Soft outlasted the Hard. Or they get to a venue and all the riders say they can't tell a difference between all three(Soft, Medium, Hard) tires. There should be a huge difference in tires. Some might say, well that's Michelin making really good tires but I see it as Michelin having no clue what they are doing and just making tires and see where they fall. Look at P. Espagaro's post race crash. Was it bike failure or tire failure?? Looked more like the bike fell over cause the tire gave way.

I'll pound on Michelin until the either leave the sport or we go back to a diverse selection of tire manufactures(i.e. the 990 era). At this point, I think Michelin are ruining some races. Others are really good races but some races just flat out jive everyone with the tires.

Was a bummer to see Marquz blow up. Was hoping he didn't spill oil on the track and was wanting to see another good battle between him and whomever it might be. Not sure if he would have won the race, though I think had he stayed upright then it would have been a Dovi, Marquez and Vinales podium. What it did do, was as you say blow the championship wide open and make it close again. Marquez will bounce back and it's still his championship to lose. Vinales has new hope and Dovi is riding high. Honestly, Rossi is sucking hind tit at this point and I don't see him getting much higher than 3rd in the championship. Where he's at is where he will stay come Valencia.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I am really curious to know what actually caused him to lose so much time towards the end, couldn't have been tires given he had the hard and hard option and Viņales overtook him on a soft rear so doubt it was an actual tire problem.... fuck that still sucks man, having that kind of pace and 2 laps out he lost it, fuck that would have me riled lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I am really curious to know what actually caused him to lose so much time towards the end, couldn't have been tires given he had the hard and hard option and Viņales overtook him on a soft rear so doubt it was an actual tire problem.... fuck that still sucks man, having that kind of pace and 2 laps out he lost it, fuck that would have me riled lol
    I honestly believe man that the problem lies within the Yamaha and the tires. Or I should say, Yamaha's inability to make the tires work right. Yeah, people will say, but Rossi led the whole race and had great pace. He did but then again he really didn't. He managed to jump out to a 1.2 sec lead, and then what?? He managed it? No, if you have the pace for 1.2 sec, then you have pace to push that to at least 2.0 or maybe more seconds of a lead. Something happened, and I believe it was way earlier than what we saw at the end. It all just came to fruition on the last two laps.

I am no lying man and as God as my witness, I knew that regardless Rossi jumped out to that early lead. Something in my gut told me he wasn't going to win and that he would be lucky to see the podium. And sure as the sky is blue, it just about all came true. For some reason, can't quite put my finger on it. It was just all too good to be true.

I think Rossi was feeling great and had a commanding lead. Then around that 1.2sec lead mark something changed. For one, he got that BRK message on the board. Every time that message comes up on Rossi's board, he has to slow down. And maybe no so much slow down, but he doesn't maintain that blistering pace that he previously was on.

Which then in turn leads me to believe that the whole of MotoGP are a bunch of liars when they say they can't communicate with the bikes the way you can in Formula 1. I call bullsh*t on that, and always will. They know exactly what is going on with the bike, with the motor, with the fuel. There is just no way that a bike like that, can cost $5 million. I mean, how much money can you pack into R&D on two wheels?? Sure, they are prototypes, sure they make 260hp, sure they run magnesium lightweight wheels with cutting edge tech Brembos. But after that you've got what? Frame and forks?? Some software for the CPU, which by the way is same compulsory spec that DORNA regulates.

So that tells me, that what is left are sensors and other computers on the bikes that communicate telemetry, wheel data, engine data, and so on and so on. You see the bikes with little antennas on them. Those on board cameras have to transmit real time video. Something happens with these bikes that makes them change for the rider. Whether it's the teams managing the fuel load, amount of power output, yadda yadda. I really don't know as I'm not on the inside. But there is more that what we can see.

If you really want to pour over some data, check out here: http://resources.motogp.com/files/re...df?v3_0be15ac1

Going by the lap by lap analysis, I can't really see where Dovi made up a ton of time on Rossi. Dovi only ran three more laps in the 2:01's and those laps Rossi was in the very low 2:02's. Look at the last lap for Rossi. Nearly dipped back into the 2:01's. And he only had one lap where he fell off the pace in the 2:03's. it wasn't only until Rossi did the 2:03 is where he got passed. And his next two laps weren't scorching either. When you compare top speed is where you get the biggest discrepancies. The Ducati does have a ton of top speed. Which is where the Ducati holds it's advantages.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Man watching that post race conference, Rossi is severely bothered and has a very unique tone. Kind of almost seems to me like he's thinking about not continuing on. This rabbit hole goes a lot deeper and I fear politics are about to fuck Rossi hardcore.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man watching that post race conference, Rossi is severely bothered and has a very unique tone. Kind of almost seems to me like he's thinking about not continuing on. This rabbit hole goes a lot deeper and I fear politics are about to fuck Rossi hardcore.
    Wow....what a clown show

I'm getting my ball and going home as amazed that people watch this stuff
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Hey man just like you guys watch dance offs, I watch this lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Hey man just like you guys watch dance offs, I watch this lol
    Hey I watched some Isle of Man this weekend. To me this is the UFC to Motogp.....much more exciting than MotoGP

Although I was really talking about the post race conference.....amazed people watch this.......but I can say we watched the post for Conor and Mayweather so I get it

P.S. I did used to follow MotoGP back in days...just lost the excitement for me after years.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Aug 28th, 2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Honestly, I can't wait for Rossi to retire. Yes, he's a GOAT racer. Yes, he's the loveable clown. Yes, he could ride circles around me with his eyes closed on a tricycle missing a wheel. Don't care. Times change, he can throw down, but he's not consistent. There's amazing talent coming up. Time to go develop bikes and talent full time. Leave the racing to the kids.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.