Thread: Good Aprilia dealers in Denver?

Good Aprilia dealers in Denver?

I'm thinking of buying a new Tuono 1100 but want to make sure there are competent mechanics and support in the Denver area. Has anyone had experience with this?
    2013 ZX-14R
    2006 CB919

Re: Good Aprilia dealers in Denver?

Well... pretty sure your options are limited to Fays, and... ummm... Fays.

Bought my Tuono from them back in 12. All my service work was done by dealers on the east coast, but now that I'm back, if I need anything, I'll most likely go back there.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I was going to say Erico but noticed they don't list Aprilia on their site anymore... I wonder what happened...
    2016 Honda Africa Twin
    2015 Ducati Monster 1200s Stripe
    And Freakin' Old

I admit I am biased as I work at Fay Myers but that also means I personally know the techs and would have no problem with them working on my bike. You will like that Tuono 1100...

Last edited by longrider; Mon Feb 6th, 2017 at 07:40 AM.

For what it's worth I have had great experience at Fay's. They have worked on my Panigale on several occasions and they are competitively priced and professional.

Tuono 1100's are a nice bike for sure.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

For mechanics and support on any Italian bike, you want Imperial Sportbikes in Denver.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

A friend recently bought a new Tuono 1100 too, from Fay's. I was with him, and was super impressed by the staff there. While he was going through the process, I was putting the fender eliminator, GP shifter, and passenger peg block-offs on the bike. While it was sitting on the sales floor! A few sales guys walked up, and I fully expected to be told we can't do that. Nope! Instead they were asking about the parts, and commenting on the bike! Freaking awesome!

The Tuono itself on the other hand, had a couple build quality issues from the factory. The brake light switch didn't work, and the rear wheel was only painted partially, part of it got missed by the spray gun or something. Fay/Aprilia took care of both problems without an issue, and the bike remains hellaciously fun to ride.

^^ Personally, I love my '12. I can't imagine adding a 100cc's would make it any less "hellaciously fun"
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

That was a compliment to the bike, I fucking love that machine. The noise, comfort, power, damn near everything about it is epic.

If I had to come up with some flaws... The wind above 70-80 can be pretty hard on you because of the lack of a decent windscreen. I'm a bit cramped at 6'4" on it, I'm probably the max height for it without lowering the pegs. The fueling isn't spot on perfect, and can be a touch rough at times (Very minor nit picking there). Same goes for the quick shifter, it's rough when used at low rpm or low throttle percentages. Lastly, she's a bit chunky. Could probably use a good diet.

But guys I'm nit picking, because what a fabulous machine overall. I adore that bike, it makes me want to be bad. The negatives I pointed out are extremely minor, and you have to look for them. I imagine the new 2017 is a pretty good step forwards.

Aaron, has your friend had the ECU update done? It involves both fuel mapping and quickshifter function, improving both.

Well, there might be one in my future then, Fay's is plenty close. I rode an S1000R and it felt fairly flat until 6K, is the Tuono stronger when you aren't ringing it out?
    2013 ZX-14R
    2006 CB919

Senior Member Moderator

Sheesh, I come on to get rid of a few things and find this magnificent gem of a thread.

I picked up my baby this last summer and am IN LOVE with it!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nothing compares to the noise it makes and the sheer hooligan factor. It's comfy, fast, and pretty much everything I could ever want in a street bike. I have not had a single day riding where this bike hasn't split my face with a combination of a maniacal grin and an O face! It is that good! There are the few Aprilia-related eccentricities to contend with, but nothing that would ever change my decision about begging the dealer to take my money to have it.

Fay Myers were great to work with, and as Aaron pointed out, they took care of my rear wheel with no hassles at all. The front brake light switch not working resolved itself on the first day riding it and has worked ever since.

@Longrider, I ordered the bike in June and took ownership in July. When did the update take place? I follow the Aprilia forums quite regularly and only saw the one ECU update at the early part of 2016. I would assume ApriliaUSA performed that update before shipping it out, but I'll confirm tomorrow.

Dano, I never told you this before, because I thought maybe I was going crazy. Last time I took the supermodel to Fay's, when I picked it up and rode it home following the wheel change, the throttle felt quite a bit different. I nearly stalled it, because it needed more throttle and clutch than it had when I dropped it off a few hours before. Again I attributed it to me being bipolar, or them switching the riding modes. However it is completely possible they updated the ECU maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That was a compliment to the bike, I fucking love that machine. The noise, comfort, power, damn near everything about it is epic.
    I got it... me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    If I had to come up with some flaws... The wind above 70-80 can be pretty hard on you because of the lack of a decent windscreen. I'm a bit cramped at 6'4" on it, I'm probably the max height for it without lowering the pegs. The fueling isn't spot on perfect, and can be a touch rough at times (Very minor nit picking there). Same goes for the quick shifter, it's rough when used at low rpm or low throttle percentages. Lastly, she's a bit chunky. Could probably use a good diet.

But guys I'm nit picking, because what a fabulous machine overall. I adore that bike, it makes me want to be bad. The negatives I pointed out are extremely minor, and you have to look for them. I imagine the new 2017 is a pretty good step forwards.

The only recommendation I have is to find one of the touring screens. I don't know about now, but when I bought mine, it wasn't available in the US, so I had to have it shipped across the pond. Not too ungainly, but really help keep the wind from blasting you right in the chest. For me, being 5'11" (on a good day), the screen pushes the wind right up over my shoulders. Not the best for long days of slab, but that's not what this bike is made for... and you already know that.

here's a potato pic that makes the Tuono fan boys cringe... I set mine up for some light touring when I was out east. May be ugly, but it worked great. I still have the rack and topcase, but I don't keep it on the bike anymore. It's a 10 minute install if I need it.

Obligatory "Dragon" pic...

Figured I'd go and check... and they still make the touring screen for the tuono... Looks like they improved the design as well.

http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdI...t3/2013APR.pdf - page 15

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    @Longrider, I ordered the bike in June and took ownership in July. When did the update take place? I follow the Aprilia forums quite regularly and only saw the one ECU update at the early part of 2016. I would assume ApriliaUSA performed that update before shipping it out, but I'll confirm tomorrow.
    The TSB was dated 6-11-15 so I really think your bike was built with the new map installed. What Aaron sensed might have been ride modes, I know when I did the update on mine throttle response felt a little better but the only really noticeable change was a slightly longer engine kill on the quickshifter. Granted this was in November so all I did was ride the bike home from work.

Erico stopped carrying them because they got terrible support from Aprilia. If you want to buy a new one Fay Myers is kind of your only choice at this point Erico still services them though.
    Something witty.

'12 Aprilia Shiver 750