So what's everyone think about the new rule in World Superbike?? Apparently, if a guy wins Race 1 they punish good work by making him line up 9th on the grid for Race 2. In fact, the entire podium from Race 1 must line up in reverse on the grid. 1st = 9th, 2nd = 8th and 3rd = 7th. The reasoning behind it all is to make for more competitive racing and move slower riders up and make the faster riders have to work through the grid.

Two problems with this: 1. Qualifying is now meaningless. Why try and do your best? In order to secure a good starting position in order to fight for the win, just to be punished for it on Race 2(keep in mind this only effects positions 1-9, the rest 10 and below stay the same for race two). 2. The fastest guys must now have to contend with slower riders and starters in the mind pack, to fight to get to the front.

I think this is a dick move. It is still obvious that by the results of Race 2, that the cream will rise to the top. However, this kind of everyone gets a "gold star" treatment is even starting to creep into racing. Are we going to start handing out trophies for "coolest paint scheme" on a bike?? How about "most time spent running dead last." Better yet, just hand out boxes of tissue to everyone so we can all have a good cry once the race is over.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing during Race 1 when they mentioned the new rule for Race 2. I think it's a stupid idea and can't wait for it to show up in MotoGP next.