Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Parking in downtown Denver?

Motorcycle Parking in downtown Denver?

Anyone here ride to work in Downtown Denver? Just looking for a good place to park, preferably covered with an attendant that keeps an eye on things. Would be awesome to not pay the car rate too. Does such a place exist? I've seen a couple lots with Motorcycle rates, but nothing covered.

I recently got a job about 17th and Broadway and haven't been in Downtown Denver in many years. Of course I'm not riding in everyday because traffic really sucks. I might ride in once a week ~ish.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: Parking in downtown Denver?

The smaller of the two qwest buildings had a garage that would take your bike for a reduced rate when I worked there years ago, not sure if it still does. Ask the various garage attendants around there though, my guess is many will they just don't advertise it.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

There have been a few threads on this if you search, but I could never find a place downtown to park that was not the standard car rates; which were too high for me even for a car. Ended up parking at the light rail station at I25 and Broadway where they have free motorcycle parking, then rode the light rail down.

Also tried the "well if I have to pay for a car space can I get at least one other (maybe even three) motorcycles to split the cost and space with and we will share the spot....all told me no and one space one bike.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

AKA "Devaclis"

18th and Cali has a covered garage for $4 a day and separate MC parking.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

18th and Market had a garage that has motorcycle parking, never asked if it's a reduced rate though.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: Motorcycle Parking in downtown Denver?

I used to park in a lot on the SW corner of Lincoln & 17th back in 2007 (I think it's the Wells Fargo building). They charged a reduced rate for bikes, but motorcycle parking wasn't within view of the attendant. There were quite a few bikes that parked there. I don't recall anything bad ever happening.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Pull a moped and park on the sidewalk.

*Sigh* That's totally unacceptable. Some cities allow motorcycles to park on the sidewalk and even in an automobile spot without paying. You would think Denver as one of the "greenest" cities would recognize the lower emissions that motorcycles emit and throw us a bone.
    2011 BMW S1000RR
    Sitting peacefully in storage

2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) trackbike (sold), 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (sold), 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 trackbike (sold), 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6s (sold), 1999 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (sold), 1998 Honda CBR600F3(TOTALED) 1989 Kawasaki EX500 Ninja(TOTALED)

Anyone know if the below is still true? (I know, this thread was looking for covered parking with an attendant, but I was just curious).

Oversized Vehicle and Motorcycle Parking
    Oversized vehicles have special parking options in Downtown Denver; motorcycles can be parked four to a meter space, and scooters cannot be locked to lights, benches or trees. For information on parking oversized vehicles, motorcycles or scooters, click HERE.

Upon clicking for more info...

Multiple motorcycles may park at an on-street meter, as long as they do not obstruct traffic and the meter is paid accordingly. Should the meter expire, all motorcycles are subject to tickets and/or fines.

(Found here:
    http://www.downtowndenver.com/Life/GettingAround/Driving/Parking/tabid/163/Default.aspx)
    Last edited by aerofaze; Thu May 26th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Quote Originally Posted by aerofaze View Post
    Anyone know if the below is still true? (I know, this thread was looking for covered parking with an attendant, but I was just curious).

Oversized Vehicle and Motorcycle Parking
    Oversized vehicles have special parking options in Downtown Denver; motorcycles can be parked four to a meter space, and scooters cannot be locked to lights, benches or trees. For information on parking oversized vehicles, motorcycles or scooters, click HERE.

Upon clicking for more info...

Multiple motorcycles may park at an on-street meter, as long as they do not obstruct traffic and the meter is paid accordingly. Should the meter expire, all motorcycles are subject to tickets and/or fines.

(Found here:
    http://www.downtowndenver.com/Life/GettingAround/Driving/Parking/tabid/163/Default.aspx)
    That is probably true since we did that for years at Breckenridge Brewery bike nights and never got a ticket. However, those meters have a time limit (think two hours) so don't think you will be able to park there all day while at work even if you keep feeding the meter; they will ticket or tow you!

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by fiveninerzero View Post
    *Sigh* That's totally unacceptable. Some cities allow motorcycles to park on the sidewalk and even in an automobile spot without paying. You would think Denver as one of the "greenest" cities would recognize the lower emissions that motorcycles emit and throw us a bone.
    From what I have read, MC's produce more emissions than a standard passenger vehicle.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

^^Buzzkill^^

I work in the Chase building on 17th and lawrence. I have a monthly pass but motorcycles can park in the garage for $3 a day.

Gonna revive this thread. Been doing a ton of work downtown as of late. Anyone know of a good/safe place to park a motorcycle for cheap? Working off 19th and Champa and the garage at that building wants $26 a day, yikes.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Hey Damir, did you find anywhere secure and affordable... I know :/

Just started downtown and looking for a place close to 14th & Broadway. New job is across the street from the capitol building. Would love to ride every once in a while, but not leaving my bikes on the sidewalk!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Hey Damir, did you find anywhere secure and affordable... I know :/

Just started downtown and looking for a place close to 14th & Broadway. New job is across the street from the capitol building. Would love to ride every once in a while, but not leaving my bikes on the sidewalk!
    Best I ever found was the light rail stations. You could go to the I25 and Broadway one, but then you'd have to take the "0" buss down to 14th.

Honestly I don't think any affordable parking exists downtown......I ride the light rail daily down here for that reason. Sorry, I tried for years around here and almost got towed many times except I used a cable lock so they were never able to tow me, but I got strict warnings to not park in these places again. I've even tried negotiating with the parking lots asking if I could get a discount since I don't need a space. They said "no" and I countered by saying "well if I have to pay for an entire space, can I get 3 other bikes to park there and split it 4 ways"....of course told me no. BS as would take same space of four sportbikes to one car. They only care about money at those lots as they rake it in big time!

Only exception I see are 50cc scooters...they leave those alone on sidewalk, but think that is some law they are allowed because of size.

Yeah bikes aren't allowed on sidewalks downtown, asked when I was parking in the street. Around 14th and Broadway there really isn't anything safe, that area is shitty as hell. Plus no garages from what I remember. I've been mainly out of the MSU campus and 19th and champa but garage parking is outrageous there
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

FYI: Don't try the parking meter trick I did; went every two hours and put in more coins. They noticed and gave me a ticket because 2hrs is the limit even if you pay more. You can move to a different spot, but every two hours!

Like I said I tried it all. For a while I snuck into the garage parking at my office and parked with the bicycles as there was plenty of room; each floor had giant bicycle parking. Of course they were going to tow me, but my kryptonite motorcycle lock saved me again, but they were waiting for me when I went for the bike. There was plenty of room and I was hurting nobody, but all comes down to them wanting their money!

I've been working downtown off and on for the last 18 years and never found a cheap and safe place to park. Best I found was about $200 a month. And believe me the tow trucks in area just wait for a call like this; been towed too and that was like over $300 to get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah bikes aren't allowed on sidewalks downtown, asked when I was parking in the street. Around 14th and Broadway there really isn't anything safe, that area is shitty as hell. Plus no garages from what I remember. I've been mainly out of the MSU campus and 19th and champa but garage parking is outrageous there
    Yeah guess a 50cc scooter is exception:

A 50cc scooter requires a $5 three-year registration. You do not need an additional driver’s license. You can park a 50cc on all Denver sidewalks for free. Scooters above 50cc require a license plate and motorcycle license and must be parked, and paid for, on the street.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2006/07/29/scooter-nation/
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Oct 18th, 2017 at 11:04 AM.

^^ Yeah... definitely NOT leaving the apes sitting on the streets around Civic center park!

Going to check w/ facilities since we have a garage for our building. There's a wait list for spots and I'm not really interested in driving downtown... I'd just like the option to ride on nice days.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ^^ Yeah... definitely NOT leaving the apes sitting on the streets around Civic center park!

Going to check w/ facilities since we have a garage for our building. There's a wait list for spots and I'm not really interested in driving downtown... I'd just like the option to ride on nice days.
    Definitely think about investing in a good motorcycle chain lock....it should at least prevent thefts. I used one of those and a fork lock with alarm on it....yet mine was just a cheaper Honda. I've just seen three grown men easily pick up a sportbike.

This one is pricey, but I've heard it is one of the best on market:
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-59-chain-lock

Oh dude I was late by one minute, literally to move my car from the 2 hr spot and that cunt gave me a $25 dollar ticket... they're out for revenue, they don't give a fuck.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Oh dude I was late by one minute, literally to move my car from the 2 hr spot and that cunt gave me a $25 dollar ticket... they're out for revenue, they don't give a fuck.
    Yeah they are jerks and as soon as they write that ticket no matter what you say they won't discard it. They claim it is already in system by that point. My issue was how in the hell do they catch you so fast; almost like they sit and wait.

You think they are bad try tow truck drivers! One of the worst experiences of my life as they know you are at their mercy. Asshole took my car like 20 miles away and then charged me for those miles as if it is my fault their tow yard is in the middle of nowhere. Then made me wait forever as he took his sweet time acting like a jerk the entire time when all I wanted to do was pay and get my car.

Feeling spoiled with motorcycle parking at work being closer than the cars

Oh and since this thread primarily concerns motorcycle tires, I'm reminded of the iron butt folks at the rally with car tires on the back. They SWEAR there's no performance or handling difference. So looking at the bikes and car they all have 17s. I'm thinking that'll pass tech at the track right? Never replacing tires on the 600 again
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

No performance or handling differences huh well apparently they were dropped on their heads when they were little. There's huge differences from tire to tire, those guys are on crack and with that said, a friendly reminder to never drink the bong water
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1