Thread: I had a pretty bad crash last summer... (video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I had a pretty bad crash last summer... (video)

I25 is actually a very safe road for motorcycles, if you can stay awake that is. No cross traffic, all traffic moving at about the same speed, and plenty of places to go in the event of an incident.

It is far safer than any mountain zone, where you have a significantly higher chance of animals and debris, cross traffic, unpredictable road conditions, and turns that inspire us to pull an op.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I25 is actually a very safe road for motorcycles, if you can stay awake that is. No cross traffic, all traffic moving at about the same speed, and plenty of places to go in the event of an incident.

It is far safer than any mountain zone, where you have a significantly higher chance of animals and debris, cross traffic, unpredictable road conditions, and turns that inspire us to pull an op.
    Theoretically this would be true in a perfect world. Good god man have you been on I-25 lately? The cross traffic is the guy in the fast lane that needs to take the next exit. No one is going the same speed at all. I'm going 90 just to get the hell off that ribbon of death as fast as possible.

There are more idiots on that road than I have seen anywhere except Tennessee. Tennessee drivers are a special kind of idiot.

I'll take the canyons any day. At least the animals in the canyons are actually the four legged variety.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Theoretically this would be true in a perfect world. Good god man have you been on I-25 lately? The cross traffic is the guy in the fast lane that needs to take the next exit. No one is going the same speed at all. I'm going 90 just to get the hell off that ribbon of death as fast as possible.

There are more idiots on that road than I have seen anywhere except Tennessee. Tennessee drivers are a special kind of idiot.

I'll take the canyons any day. At least the animals in the canyons are actually the four legged variety.
    Couldn't agree with you more! Especially around the Thornton area!! Funny post!