Thread: I had a pretty bad crash last summer... (video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I had a pretty bad crash last summer... (video)

Clovis, when did the insurance company pay your air ambulance bill? Any idea if the helicopter company every submitted an appeal on your behalf?

Anyways, bad news is I checked the guidelines and most insurances give you 180 days to file a appeal. If one has not bee previously submitted it is probably too late.......

Not sure you want my help as you have not replied, but I have 20 years in healthcare and I lead a team for the last 8 years that does medical recoveries, so I know the insurance business....yes I joke around on this board, but I'm actually pretty smart
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Apr 11th, 2017 at 05:53 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Clovis, when did the insurance company pay your air ambulance bill? Any idea if the helicopter company every submitted an appeal on your behalf?

Anyways, bad news is I checked the guidelines and most insurances give you 180 days to file a appeal. If one has not bee previously submitted it is probably too late.......

P.S. Dang I reread your post and a $3000 deductible? Wow, mine is $350, so unfortunately sounds like your plan may not cover all that much and this is why you owe so much.

Not sure you want my help as you have not replied, but I have 20 years in healthcare and I lead a team for the last 8 years that does medical recoveries, so I know the insurance business....yes I joke around on this board, but I'm actually pretty smart

Oh well, was just trying to help, but seems way too late now................can't wait 9 months to fight a insurance companies payment (and yes this is the insurance company to blame and not the helicopter company because if they got paid what they expected (like you expected; in network for a emergency ride) they would not be coming after you).
    A friend of mine also works in insurance billing, only the part where you are way past collections and they work with you to remove some of the debit. From what she says, they can completely remove some charges for free. Even very large ones.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    A friend of mine also works in insurance billing, only the part where you are way past collections and they work with you to remove some of the debit. From what she says, they can completely remove some charges for free. Even very large ones.
    True for all collectors....but it still ruins your credit for many years in most cases. Then depends if that company will accept that...some won't and air ambulance is not a doctor who make tons of money; those are multi-million dollar vehicles that also require some of the best and most expensive nurses and pilots. From what I have seen, they will negotiate, but writing it all off I have not seen before.....different than a doctor or hospital who sees multiple patients a day that can make up for the difference.....hence why air ambulance rides are so expensive.

I felt I could have helped appeal this as I've worked on similar situations and been successful, but Clovis may be too late to fight the insurance company now, so those are his only options; try to sue or try to get it negotiated down more.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Apr 11th, 2017 at 05:54 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!