Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I had a pretty bad crash last summer... (video)

Re: I had a pretty bad crash last summer... (video)

While I'm not arguing that, we had a quote at work because of the high number of accidents we got into, and how much in resources they took each time:

"Just because you're not at fault, doesn't mean you couldn't have avoided it."

So while I'm not arguing the fault statistics, could the rider have avoided the accident, or lessened damage/injury by being a better rider? Think of the closest you have ever come to crashing, and now think of all the riders you've ever seen, how many would've avoided that same accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    While I'm not arguing that, we had a quote at work because of the high number of accidents we got into, and how much in resources they took each time:

So while I'm not arguing the fault statistics, could the rider have avoided the accident, or lessened damage/injury by being a better rider? Think of the closest you have ever come to crashing, and now think of all the riders you've ever seen, how many would've avoided that same accident?
    Very true and I agree......experience and training is definitely a plus and probably the best thing you could do to avoid an accident....no arguing that. Just saying there are times when it cannot be avoided no matter how good you are.

I do feel it is only getting worse with the more cell phone users on the road though, so I'd go as far to say this is the most dangerous the roads have ever been for motorcyclists......I wish they at least put into effect a "headset" requirement like other states. Look how many other states have it, but CO only limits a person on a learners permit and we have one of the greatest number of motorcycle riders in country! https://www.rfsafe.com/states-requir...ng-laws-state/

I guess my eye opener is my wife working in ICU. When you start to consistently see how easy people get killed in wrecks it gets hard to ignore.....you always think it will happen to someone else. Then last car wreck I was in I was stopped at a light and a car ran a red light and slammed into the car in front of me, that slammed me. I looked back so many times and realize now matter what, I could not have avoided that; couldn't even see the car and I was trapped in middle of a pack of cars......and nobody is that fast...happened in a split second. In end car was totaled and I walked away, but I always think what it would have been like if I had rode that day

Same with gear. You could have the best gear out there: boots, leather suit, back protector, helmet, etc, but it will only do so much! Sure it is way better than nothing, but we don't want to fool ourselves thinking a leather suit is going to hold up against a steel car.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Apr 4th, 2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

I worry a LOT more about avoidance on a bike than when I am in my big ass truck.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I worry a LOT more about avoidance on a bike than when I am in my big ass truck.
    Right! For some crazy reason I feel safer belted in a metal cage that is surrounded by instant air bags, than a open motorcycle with some plastic and leather on...call me crazy

Speaking of that, at least technology is getting better as they have Air Bag Motorcycle Suits now, never knew anyone that owns one and tested it though:

I know Honda tried to put a airbag in their Goldwings, but they got recalled.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2016/06/02/h...airbag-recall/

So it appears it uses a cord tethering the rider to the motorcycle and when that is pulled off, the vest instantly inflates with CO2....even says it is reusable.

Damn, looks like they have started to develop a air bag helmet, but still for cyclists now. Could be promising in the future:

Sorry for double/triple posts, but site only allows one video per post

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    So it appears it uses a cord tethering the rider to the motorcycle and when that is pulled off, the vest instantly inflates with CO2....even says it is reusable.
    Can you imagine how many times you would set that off on accident....or worse, pull your ride over.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Can you imagine how many times you would set that off on accident....or worse, pull your ride over.
    I didn't even think about that, but a person would forget and get off their bike and activate it. At least it seems to be just a CO2 cartridge to replace and also seemed hard to pull.

Just gives hope that technology will improve enough to really help motorcyclists like it has with cars. My first car didn't have airbags much less multiple airbags like they do now and crumble points.

P.S. it is already being sold and used. Here they are being sold https://www.google.com/search?q=Heli...&bih=505&dpr=1

This guy says it worked for him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wHxtc0Kwo
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Apr 4th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.

There was an MRA racer that wore an airbag vest over his leathers. The technology is out there.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    There was an MRA racer that wore an airbag vest over his leathers. The technology is out there.
    Yeah one in video goes for about $649, but the link I posted above had other more expensive ones too. http://www.helitemoto.com/helite-tur...FViBswodDboPDw

For that price I am a bit shocked more MRA racers are not using them. I've been out of the racing game for a while now, but anyone have a idea why these are not catching on? For $649 I's think it would be worth it for a racer for sure

Even leather jackets they make with these http://www.advdesigns.com/heleaijawi...Fe8V0wodNn4JVw
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Apr 4th, 2017 at 03:18 PM.

One of our local racers sells them: http://www.peregrinefalconracing.com/home.html

Between the add on type and the build in type (Dainese D-Air as example) they are becoming more prevalent.

In terms of the crash statistics, the one piece missing from your data is that (if I remember right) about half of motorcycle fatalities are single vehicle accidents.
    Last edited by blaircsf; Tue Apr 4th, 2017 at 05:36 PM.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Man you guys are all over the place in this thread.

I like Aaron's comment. It is something that has been discussed in detail on this forum in the past. It's especially true with the sheer ability and technology that is on the modern sport bike. It's pretty hard to argue that if the rider is prepared and educated the modern motorcycle can avoid 95% of accidents.

As far as airbag technology it is more widely used than you think. I have a D-Air suit that I wear on the street and track. It's pretty slick technology and pretty easy to use without any fear of false activations. It's a little expensive but way more economical than a visit to the hospital for even a simple injury.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Nate, you're preaching to choir here bro (and you must be bored at work). We all know the risks involved in riding. I feel safer 10 miles up Golden Gate Canyon on a Wednesday at 1PM on my Duke than in my truck on I-25 that same time of day. I don't ride in city traffic, on weekends or holidays, or with riders I don't know and trust. You can ride smart, or you can ride dumb. My safety on 2 wheels is 100% under my control. If you think otherwise, you shouldn't be riding. Can a rider do everything right and still be injured or killed, sure. It's a calculated risk those of us that ride accept. I hear cars are dangerous too, and I've pretty much given up driving in the city (not to mention traffic is a total CF 7AM-11PM daily). Again, I feel safer on my pedal bike, on a bike path than in my truck in city traffic. You decide for you, and I'll decide for me.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Tue Apr 4th, 2017 at 09:54 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Nate, you're preaching to choir here bro (and you must be bored at work). We all know the risks involved in riding. I feel safer 10 miles up Golden Gate Canyon on a Wednesday at 1PM on my Duke than in my truck on I-25 that same time of day. I don't ride in city traffic, on weekends or holidays, or with riders I don't know and trust. You can ride smart, or you can ride dumb. My safety on 2 wheels is 100% under my control. If you think otherwise, you shouldn't be riding. Can a rider do everything right and still be injured or killed, sure. It's a calculated risk those of us that ride accept. I hear cars are dangerous too, and I've pretty much given up driving in the city (not to mention traffic is a total CF 7AM-11PM daily). Again, I feel safer on my pedal bike, on a bike path than in my truck in city traffic. You decide for you, and I'll decide for me.
    Hey someone has to make posts around here to get people talking....if not we end up with a dead forum like it has been for weeks.

Anyways, I just don’t get your thinking Jon and you may “feel” safer in a Duke, than your truck, but common sense tells you that you are NOT safer…..but hey, like you said it is all our decisions and was never telling people to not ride; just know the risks.

You made the comment “People die on motorcycles because they make bad decisions.” And that is a stretch from the truth, so I posted stats to contradict your statement….that was all. Yet, now you changed it to “Can a rider do everything right and still be injured or killed, sure”, so that my friend is not the same as saying people die on motorcycles because they make bad decisions; you just said it does happen

Jon, the invite still stands for you to come to dinner with my wife and I so you can hear the other side that she sees as a ICU nurse; I bet it will change your perspective a bit….did for me anyways. For years I figured my defensive driving, experience, gear, etc would save me, until I saw how little it really does in a major accident and how fast your life can change….and burden your entire family.

Honestly, this is why I have taken a break from riding, because I agree with you and I should not be riding when I do not have my 100% confidence like I did when I was younger. It kind of sucks and I miss it, but “responsible” me just keeps saying it is not worth it since I finally have a wife I love more than anything that I’d hate to hurt. In the end I just can’t agree that “My safety on 2 wheels is 100% under my control” because I’ve seen way too many riders die/injured from no fault of their own…..shit happens. Overall, FOG is a dying breed in the sportbike world, and you have to ask why………

I didn’t mean no disrespect man, just thought it gave us something to talk about…..hence why I even put things about air-bags in hopes of sparking some conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Man you guys are all over the place in this thread.

I like Aaron's comment. It is something that has been discussed in detail on this forum in the past. It's especially true with the sheer ability and technology that is on the modern sport bike. It's pretty hard to argue that if the rider is prepared and educated the modern motorcycle can avoid 95% of accidents.

As far as airbag technology it is more widely used than you think. I have a D-Air suit that I wear on the street and track. It's pretty slick technology and pretty easy to use without any fear of false activations. It's a little expensive but way more economical than a visit to the hospital for even a simple injury.
    Sorry man, just not enough activity on board to break it up into different topics……plus, I am between projects as my new one got delayed by two weeks so I am doing “busy” work till then ….bored.

Believe me, I agree and the best defense is education and experience……I just can’t agree that “People die on motorcycles because they make bad decisions.” because that would be saying many people I know that died on them were at fault for their death….not all of them were…..some were.

Gramps, I’ve been out of the racing scene for a while, so it is good to know the airbag technology is being used; gives hope if pros use it, it actually works and will start to make its way down to the casual rider. I agree and if it prevents one hospital visit it pays for itself; I work in healthcare so I see the crazy bills people get.

Gramps or anyone, you plan to ever invest in some air bag technology? Heard anything about it going to a motorcycle helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    One of our local racers sells them: http://www.peregrinefalconracing.com/home.html

Between the add on type and the build in type (Dainese D-Air as example) they are becoming more prevalent.

In terms of the crash statistics, the one piece missing from your data is that (if I remember right) about half of motorcycle fatalities are single vehicle accidents.
    Nice, another manufacturer of them .....I really hope this catches on....technology rocks!

The "single vehicle" stat was mentioned in one of those articles, but I didn't want to post the entire thing so just left the links. Agree though, a lot more to these stats than can be summed up.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 5th, 2017 at 07:42 AM.

Now to really stir the pot

How does age affect reflexes? https://www.reference.com/science/ag...0b9d46f186834#

According to the Merck Manual for Patients and Caregivers, the peripheral nerves conduct impulses more slowly as people get older. This results in slower reflexes, decreased sensation and clumsiness. The layers of tissues surrounding the nerves that make impulse conduction faster tend to degenerate, causing nerve conduction to slow down. As people age, degeneration happens because of decreasing blood flow and overgrowing bones that add pressure on the nerves.
    Reflexes also slow with age due to physical changes in the nerve fibers that slow the conduction speed, explains the University of Rochester Medical Center. Moreover, the brain is largely involved in improving and fine-tuning reflex action, and the areas of the brain responsible for motor control lose cells over time

It does support this:
    Older Motorcycle Riders More Likely to Be Injured http://www.livescience.com/11012-old...s-injured.html

And the proportion of injured riders above the age of 40 jumped from about 28 percent to close to 50 percent in that time period. In fact, crashes and injuries among the 50- to 59-year-olds showed the most rapid increase, while injuries in the 20- to 29-year-olds showed the most rapid decline.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 5th, 2017 at 08:25 AM.

Gold Member

no people die on bikes because they make bad decisions. it's the simple truth. yes you can't stop someone from pulling out but you sure as hell can be prepared for it.

with your head always on a swivel and anticipating or even just expect for people to be stupid you can avoid a lot of things.

riding within the speed limit can decrease the chance of smashing a car changing lanes with your face. there is many things you can do to keep yourself safe. at the end of the day it is up to you to be safe. to expect others to watch for you just watch for them.

like I said before good decisions and bad decisions are the difference in going home and not.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    no people die on bikes because they make bad decisions. it's the simple truth. yes you can't stop someone from pulling out but you sure as hell can be prepared for it.

with your head always on a swivel and anticipating or even just expect for people to be stupid you can avoid a lot of things.

riding within the speed limit can decrease the chance of smashing a car changing lanes with your face. there is many things you can do to keep yourself safe. at the end of the day it is up to you to be safe. to expect others to watch for you just watch for them.

like I said before good decisions and bad decisions are the difference in going home and not.
    Again, I agree, but there is always that chance......wrecks happen way faster than people think.....nobody is fast enough to avoid them all!

You guys are all like androids able to move so quick to dodge cars in miliseconds.....JK

Even pro sportbike riders have wrecked on street and been killed.....if these guys don't have the best skills I am not sure who does....yet it happened and shows no matter how good you are, shit happens. No offense, but I am sure he was a better rider than anyone on this board http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/0...eetbike-crash/
    "skid marks at the crash site appear to indicate that Westby was trying to avoid something in his path while riding to his parents’ home."
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 5th, 2017 at 10:02 AM.

Gold Member

it's not about being fast it's about being prepared.

so you watch all cross streets. you watch all drivers including ones behind you. instead of staying in the throttle to car inching out into traffic you back off and give yourself an escape. you don't assume street sweepers have cleaned the sand off the road. you don't assume the car next to you sees you. you don't assume the car behind you is going to see the red light.

by simply always having an escape from your current situation and being aware of the distracted driver you can limit those risk to very minimal.

but yes Nate you are correct accidents do happen. it's up to you to make sure you do everything in your power to minimize those accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    it's not about being fast it's about being prepared.

so you watch all cross streets. you watch all drivers including ones behind you. instead of staying in the throttle to car inching out into traffic you back off and give yourself an escape. you don't assume street sweepers have cleaned the sand off the road. you don't assume the car next to you sees you. you don't assume the car behind you is going to see the red light.

by simply always having an escape from your current situation and being aware of the distracted driver you can limit those risk to very minimal.

but yes Nate you are correct accidents do happen. it's up to you to make sure you do everything in your power to minimize those accidents.
    One tip that helped me a lot is to watch the cars front tires as they are the first to indicate where a car is going.....saved me a few times!

Just surprised I got Townie out of hiding and didn't even take a political post

Gold Member

sorry we have been super busy fixing northern nv roads after this last winter. all the snow and flooding has really destroyed a lot.

While I agree you can't account for everything, I do think some people overlook their own bad decisions and place the blame elsewhere.
    https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ur-motorcycles
    It's a small sample size so it does have some limitations, but interesting either way.
    An uncontrolled intersection presents nearly 41 times the risk of no intersection.
    Here’s the surprise, however. What’s the most common scenario? Riders hitting (or nearly hitting) another vehicle from behind. There were 35 of those incidents. Are we really almost twice as likely to plow into a stopped car in front of us as to have someone pull into our path?
    Speeding was mentioned above. Someone pulls out in front, did they miss the motorcyclist or did they not look far enough given the speed (could they look far enough?)? I remember reading about an accident in the past year or two that was initially reported as "car turned in front of motorcycle" but then later excessive speed of the motorcycle was reported. I know this isn't always the case, but I think too often people are quick to place blame anywhere else.

I saw a video on facebook in the past couple of days of a motorcycle hitting a mattress ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBfpQGtq4do ), my first response is why is he riding so close? When they first come into view you can't even see the motorcyclist because he is so close to the trailer.

I'm not going to say I've never broken traffic laws or ridden aggressively etc, but I've seen other motorcyclists do stuff that just makes me cringe. Driving down 6th in my car and getting 'strafed' by bikes, frankly videos of people dragging knees in canyons, etc. Can you avoid every accident, probably not. Can you greatly reduce the chances, absolutely.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

I feel safer on my Duke in the canyon because there's no one up there at 1PM on a weekday. I literally rode Golden Gate end to end and did not see one other vehicle going west, and just a few going back east. I have the luxury of riding on weekdays and I consider that a "good riding decision."

I-25 is four lanes of fast moving traffic at that time of day, with drivers more interested in their phones than driving, and I consider that "dangerous" no matter what type of vehicle you're in. I stand by both my statements, Nate. They are both true IMO.

I used to date an mortician, so I heard about motorcycle deaths daily during the season. Your ICU nurse wife and my ex only see the bad outcomes, and none of thousands of motorcyclists that had an uneventful ride on any particular day. There are roughly 8.5 million registered street bikes in the USA, and whatever the fatality rate equals is small (maybe you can look that up). No doubt the injury rate is higher. I'll take my chances with my brain on board making "good decisions."

I'm from Tulsa so I heard about Dane's death. Real shame and I have no idea what happened.

Been meaning to check out the Pint Room Nate, so we should make that happen. Pretty sure I still have your number. Will PM to check.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Thu Apr 6th, 2017 at 12:35 AM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I25 is actually a very safe road for motorcycles, if you can stay awake that is. No cross traffic, all traffic moving at about the same speed, and plenty of places to go in the event of an incident.

It is far safer than any mountain zone, where you have a significantly higher chance of animals and debris, cross traffic, unpredictable road conditions, and turns that inspire us to pull an op.

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    While I agree you can't account for everything, I do think some people overlook their own bad decisions and place the blame elsewhere.
    https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ur-motorcycles
    It's a small sample size so it does have some limitations, but interesting either way.

Speeding was mentioned above. Someone pulls out in front, did they miss the motorcyclist or did they not look far enough given the speed (could they look far enough?)? I remember reading about an accident in the past year or two that was initially reported as "car turned in front of motorcycle" but then later excessive speed of the motorcycle was reported. I know this isn't always the case, but I think too often people are quick to place blame anywhere else.

I saw a video on facebook in the past couple of days of a motorcycle hitting a mattress ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBfpQGtq4do ), my first response is why is he riding so close? When they first come into view you can't even see the motorcyclist because he is so close to the trailer.

I'm not going to say I've never broken traffic laws or ridden aggressively etc, but I've seen other motorcyclists do stuff that just makes me cringe. Driving down 6th in my car and getting 'strafed' by bikes, frankly videos of people dragging knees in canyons, etc. Can you avoid every accident, probably not. Can you greatly reduce the chances, absolutely.
    Thanks, that was a good article you posted
    Some things I took from it:
    “An uncontrolled intersection presents nearly 41 times the risk of no intersection”
    “A downhill grade increased the risk by a factor of four while an uphill grade doubled it”
    “Riders were nine times as likely to crash or have a near-crash incident on gravel or dirt roads than on paved roads.
    “Riders were twice as likely to have an incident in a righthand turn than on a straight section of road (crossing the center line is considered a near-crash scenario, even if nothing else bad happens).
    “What’s the most common scenario? Riders hitting (or nearly hitting) another vehicle from behind. There were 35 of those incidents”

So it basically shows what we have been discussing….bad driving is the main cause of accidents; mainly tailgating…no surprise there. Then it also supports that intersections are also bad…hence other distracted drivers (mainly). Then also shows road conditions like gravel (although leaves I found are just as bad), increase wrecks….rider experience and a bit of bad luck too.

I always thought it was so dumb a motorcycle tailgates….what is the point….the motorcycle is going to lose either way, so why even do it. Now that is a classic case of inexperience or just irresponsible.

The bottom line is as a sportbike rider we are going to break the law at some point maybe un-intentional, so it’s hard to say any of us have not pushed the limit a bit to be at blame. Hell for years I thought it was fine to accelerate to the speed limit as fast as I could….hey I never went over. Then I got pulled over and given the old “Exhibition of speed” and got the lecture from cop on how dangerous it could be….after thinking I had to agree…but for years never thought of it that way.

Anyways, I may be preaching, but believe me I am no saint and did a lot of crazy things on bikes. Like the older guys used to tell me, live to ride another day, so that is all I am trying to help others see before it is too late J

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I feel safer on my Duke in the canyon because there's no one up there at 1PM on a weekday. I literally rode Golden Gate end to end and did not see one other vehicle going west, and just a few going back east. I have the luxury of riding on weekdays and I consider that a "good riding decision."

I-25 is four lanes of fast moving traffic at that time of day, with drivers more interested in their phones than driving, and I consider that "dangerous" no matter what type of vehicle you're in. I stand by both my statements, Nate. They are both true IMO.

I used to date an mortician, so I heard about motorcycle deaths daily during the season. Your ICU nurse wife and my ex only see the bad outcomes, and none of thousands of motorcyclists that had an uneventful ride on any particular day. There are roughly 8.5 million registered street bikes in the USA, and whatever the fatality rate equals is small (maybe you can look that up). No doubt the injury rate is higher. I'll take my chances with my brain on board making "good decisions."

I'm from Tulsa so I heard about Dane's death. Real shame and I have no idea what happened.

Been meaning to check out the Pint Room Nate, so we should make that happen. Pretty sure I still have your number. Will PM to check.
    You are very fortunate to be able to ride weekdays, because as I am sure you know, weekdays have become horrible for riding as just so crowded and full of inexperienced riders….especially Harleys (the guy who got his first bike at age 50 because he always wanted one). This is one reason I started to no enjoy riding; ten years ago it was like your nice weekday rides anytime. Hoopty and I would hit up Dear Creek, to Bear Creek, down Morrison road to C470 nearly every day around 5pm , but now that is nearly impossible with all the traffic….and of course cops that are very aware that is a popular sportbike run (can you blame them from all the crashes/deaths on those roads though)…….pulled a guy out of Deer Creek river when he missed a turn and hit a tree….broke his jaw and we sat as EMT’s rescued him…how does this stuff not get to you man???

Jon, the main issue there is that there may be 8.35 million riders and the “fatality” rate is low in comparison, but you can have 1000 safe rides, but the 1 wreck could change your life for good….this is not a game where you get to start over. I have a uncle who got in a car wreck at age 28 (he was drunk and to blame) and became a paraplegic; he is 52 now and I’ve seen how that one wreck destroyed his life….and sad to say has burdened my family for years; currently he is bed bound from MRSA caused by his pressure sores from being in a wheelchair). So yeah, you could have years of safe rides, but that one time the teenager in a car in texting and runs a light that you can’t avoid is going to have a way greater impact to your life than those 1000+ safe rides. Again, I get it can happen in a car too, but my point is the rate for survival between the two is a no-brainer: leather/plastic vs steel/crumple points/multiple airbags.

Dane’s death they state was caused because he swerved to miss something in the road, hit the curb, which made his bike lose control hitting a light pole. So if a pro could not be 100% control in a situation like this, I don’t get how you would think you could….accidents happen, and like with Dane, he had thousands of safe rides (on track and off), but that one was his last. Honestly, if you are this good, you should be racing in the pros.

I have to ask, because it is something that I thought about as I got older that affected my decision………you don’t worry that it has been proven as we get older our reaction times go down…so in reality our experience is better, but we start to lack the reaction time a guy in his 20’s has (it peaks at age 28, then goes down). If experience was everything, then we would always see the old guys in sports be the best till they retire; doesn’t happen like that and younger people tend to replace them that have less experience. Anyways, that started to get into my head too, because I’ve obsessed with the bodies fitness level, but aging cannot be stopped and the older we get, unfortunately the slower we will process and be able to react like we did when younger…..that is never fun to learn.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 6th, 2017 at 08:13 AM.