Thread: HPR 4/14 open lapping

HPR 4/14 open lapping

Anyone going?

I'm planning on the afternoon session if the weather holds and the wind doesn't blow my house and trailer away
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Re: HPR 4/14 open lapping

I'll be there, but I'm working and not lapping. I'll have my bike nonetheless.

That's cool.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Damn! I forgot about this. We're riding the hills Friday, but now I may have to think about it.

Actually, I might be a little afraid to take the R1M to the track again until I get an ABS or fiberglass body for it. I hit a rock last summer on Guanella Pass. It barely scratched my right fairing, but I wanted it replaced. I shit a brick when I found out that the body panels on my bike are over $2,000 each. The rock also put a hole in my oil pan. That little rock cost me over $8,000 to repair everything. Carbon fiber and magnesium from Yamaha are not cheap!!

BTW - How the hell are we supposed to change our avatars? I've been trying for almost a year. Doesn't work...
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Wed Apr 12th, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Damn! I forgot about this. We're riding the hills Friday, but now I may have to think about it.

Actually, I might be a little afraid to take the R1M to the track again until I get an ABS or fiberglass body for it. I hit a rock last summer on Guanella Pass. It barely scratched my right fairing, but I wanted it replaced. I shit a brick when I found out that the body panels on my bike are over $1,500 each. The rock also put a hole in my oil pan. That little rock cost me over $8,000 to repair everything. Carbon fiber and magnesium from Yamaha are not cheap!!

BTW - How the hell are we supposed to change our avatars? I've been trying for almost a year. Doesn't work...

Believe me replacement parts from Ducati aren't cheap either That's why I have a track bike.

I think an Admin has to get involved to change Avatars. Maybe PM Chadwick or Rybo.

Have fun if you go to the hills. It should be nice.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Believe me replacement parts from Ducati aren't cheap either
    I had to go back and edit my original reply. Kim corrected me. Those tiny C/F body panels are over $2,000 each. My buddy has a C/F hood on his Dodge Charger and it was only $700. WTF!!

That's why I have a track bike.
    That's what Kim wants to do with her '03 R6. Still haven't figured out what we're going to do with it.
    Kim & Dean

Go to your settings, then on the left click on "edit avatar" and then select option 2 and upload from your computer. Works every time for me, I just pick a picture doesn't matter the size and upload it. The server sizes it to fit in the avatar size.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Go to your settings, then on the left click on "edit avatar" and then select option 2 and upload from your computer. Works every time for me, I just pick a picture doesn't matter the size and upload it. The server sizes it to fit in the avatar size.
    It returns "invalid file". Been trying for almost a year...
    Kim & Dean

I had to go back and edit my original reply. Kim corrected me. Those tiny C/F body panels are over $2,000 each. My buddy has a C/F hood on his Dodge Charger and it was only $700. WTF!!

That's what Kim wants to do with her '03 R6. Still haven't figured out what we're going to do with it.
    Man it sure is nice to have something for the track that you can just beat on without worrying about what a fairing cost. I don't know about the '03 but there are some deals out there. They wont be the R1M but they are fun and that's the point anyway. For your most recent repair you could have bought two track bikes.

It returns "invalid file". Been trying for almost a year...
    Weird. Just PM one of the ADMIN's. Maybe Bob would be the best on something like that.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Admins don't do shit around here. Wait, what?

Dean, PM Brad, aka Wolfeyez, he might still have his M bodywork for sale. He was selling it SUPER cheap, so cheap that I almost bought it to make some money off it. Ha!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Man it sure is nice to have something for the track that you can just beat on without worrying about what a fairing cost. I don't know about the '03 but there are some deals out there. They wont be the R1M but they are fun and that's the point anyway.
    Just throw some track fairings on them. Hotbodies usually does a 2-for-1 deal at least once a year. Way cheaper than having second bike...

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Admins don't do shit around here. Wait, what?
    True dat!

Thanks for trying Wicky. I hit up Bob, he's only good for one response and then nothing. Ralph never answers IMs...

Although, we might now hear from them, bitching about my bitching. I bet they say they're busy.
    Kim & Dean