Thread: Test Photobucket 3rd Party Linking

Test Photobucket 3rd Party Linking

Got an email I now have to pay for 3rd party linking I have used for years.....damn $400 a year now!!!

Photobucket replaces millions of images with 'ransom demand'

Test Image:

Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jul 19th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Test Photobucket 3rd Party Linking

Fuckin' bullshit!! I've been procrastinating about getting PhotoBucket ever since Comcast shut off their personal website feature a year or so ago (and kept billing me the same every month). Now PB wants $400/year! Totally not worth it for someone like me who only needs hosting every now-and-then to sell something. It'd be cheaper to get your own domain and run it from your house.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Fuckin' bullshit!! I've been procrastinating about getting PhotoBucket ever since Comcast shut off their personal website feature a year or so ago (and kept billing me the same every month). Now PB wants $400/year! Totally not worth it for someone like me who only needs hosting every now-and-then to sell something. It'd be cheaper to get your own domain and run it from your house.
    Yeah such BS and people are pissed....my opinion is this may be the end of PB as who can afford $400 a year for this. Tons of Amazon and Ebay sellers now have pictures that do not work.

I did sign the petition; not sure it will help: https://www.change.org/p/photobucket...ird-party-rule

On the good note my image is still there, but I received the email yesterday from PB, so maybe it is just a matter of time before they apply it.

Funny how similar this sounds. PhotoF*ckit...
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Funny how similar this sounds. PhotoF*ckit...
    True...and basically how I feel about them now PB has just went downhill in the last few years; started out they slammed so many ads into their pages it loaded so slowly. Then they started to put adds in the actual image sections, every time I open PB I got a ad to upgrade my account, then if you tried to use a "Adblock" you could not use the site. I'm all for ads and helping out the company, but do we have to slam like 6+ adds on every page and go overboard!

Then seriously $400 dollars to link pics now! I could see like $5 bucks a month or something, but that is crazy for the common PB user. $33 bucks a month! Hell I get spotify for $9.99 and use that way more!

Gold Member

wait wait wait.... Photobucket is going to hold my photos for ransom? these mother fuckers!

I just deleted my PB account, I hope you all do too. Sucks that all of my threads just lost their photos.

Gold Member

hopefully I have enough time this weekend to save my good photos. I have like 4k photos with two accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    hopefully I have enough time this weekend to save my good photos. I have like 4k photos with two accounts.
    Your Photobucket account is not going away, only the ability to hotlink the photos to another website. Everything will still be there when you go to photobucket.com.

Gold Member

so you're telling me they aren't going to hold my photos for ransom?

Yes I am. All you are losing is the ability to embed the photos on a third party website such as Craigslist. Ransom was bad word choice by the reporter.

Key info:

4. Are my pictures still safe?

Yes! All your photos are still available by logging into your Photobucket
    Account. Photobucket has only restricted the ability to view your photos on
    3rd party sites.

5. Can I download my Photos?

Absolutely, at any time. It is an easy four step process:

Step 1. Login to your Photobucket Account

Step 2. Navigate to your library page

Step 3. View a photo and click the download button

Step 4. The picture will be saved to your computer
    Full info: http://blog.photobucket.com/please-r...s-photobucket/

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Yes I am. All you are losing is the ability to embed the photos on a third party website such as Craigslist. Ransom was bad word choice by the reporter.

Key info:

Full info: http://blog.photobucket.com/please-r...s-photobucket/
    See this is how I understood it all. I tried to link an image a week or so ago on here and got the third party notification. Which is fine, I was using Photobucket for free to hotlink. So I don't care that they took it away. Their website has really sucked that last few years. Every time I go there, I have to close other windows I have open, due to the fact that their website is so freaking slow, anything else open will screw it up. Also their uploads page would take forever to load. Photobucket is a joke and I don't care if they keep my pics. They are all just used for BS anyways...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Sold my soul to Google years ago. Android phone, uploads to google photos automatically. Been using it for years, but I know it's only a matter of time before they do the same.

One the upside, 100G worth of online storage is 20 bucks a year.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.