Thread: Got rear-ended in my car (Video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Got rear-ended in my car (Video)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Some accidents cannot be avoided. I saw this one coming barely in time but there was nothing I could do. Had I been on a bike I would've just split the lanes when I saw her fish-tailing wildly. Not to mention I'd have never been in that lane on a bike in the first place. In hindsight a left lane change and 100% throttle would've likely avoided it, but by the time she began fish-tailing and I realized she wasn't going to stop, I wasn't sure if she was going to go to the center or right lane.

To a lesser extent, I'd say the same theory applies to track riders too.

Still haven't decked a bike on the track or street. And I remember the keys to my bike too.
    So you agree some accidents can't be avoided. Therefore your statement of the "best" streetbike riders never getting in a accident doesn't make sense as there are just things that the best rider will never be able to avoid. Sorry bro, but as you've probably read on this forum we have lost riders/friends from accidents that were not there fault and some of these riders had been racing longer than you (not sure if you race or just track ride). Consider yourself lucky more than skills man because shit happens that the most alert/best rider will never be able to avoid. (Of course good skills and caution help a great deal; I agree there)

Sheesh, I feel you are jinxing yourself man by you consistently bragging how you have never crashed and judging others that have. I'm not saying I hope you crash, just lighten that ego up a bit before you learn the hard way (never met you, but I'm guessing I have at least 10 years on you so just trying to share some of my old man wisdom)

P.S. One of those racers I mentioned above did die from track injuries Additionally do you know our president of this club nearly died and was in a coma from a track injury (horrible head injury; yes with a helmet on)......for days we didn't even know if he was going to survive...thank God he did.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Aug 15th, 2017 at 07:17 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!