Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
.. Plus it had the ability to I believe record up to 8 hours of driving. Which not even my GoPro will do that, unless I get a bigger SD card.
I love it! You say that "not even my GoPro will do that", just to immediately follow it with "unless I get a bigger SD card". So, it sound like a GoPro will do that.

You can also say that a GoPro will do even less if you put a smaller SD card in it.

On my bike, I use a GoPro Hero 4 Silver with a 128GB SD card and a battery eliminator (still have a battery installed). Memory card runs for 8.5 hours non-stop.

In the truck, same camera, but it's plugged into the trucks USB port. Same 8.5 hours non-stop.

With the latest GoPro firmware, you can now power the camera with USB while a battery is in the camera. It's important to have a battery installed. If you crash and lose power, you want the battery to take over so you don't lose the current writing to the memory card. After all, it's the last write that will have the data you want in an accident. Since GoPro writes in 17 minute segments, you could lose your evidence...