Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead forum?

Dead forum?

Is this place still around?

Re: Dead forum?

Yes, it's Colorado guns, politics, and newscaster chick stalker club now.

And Aaron getting rammed from behind with video.

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

and GoPro Police...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

And you!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm just here so I can see Barn post up his promise of getting this Conor vs Floyd PPV fight.....6 days away!!!!!!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

The south I feel like has been dead for years. Last time I was successful at setting up a ride to the royal gorge was 2014 and 2 guys showed

The dirty, dirty really never was that booming. Sure we had some people that would post rides and what not. Never that alive though to the best of my knowledge, and I was here when it became known as the Dirty South. The forum was busy, but compared to the Denver area sections, not on the same level.

We lost a lot of southies though, Bash, Dallas, RAGrote, R1ch or R1chie(I think was from the springs), aLien, Brizz(I think also was here), can't remember this one guy's name(Brat?), but he had a TLR and was always crashing it. MORSE isn't around anymore. I think Clovis is in the South. Mental and Modette99 don't post anymore. Modette99 used to go out and take pics of everyone riding all the time. Think we even had a couple state troopers from the South that rode and were on here.

The Dirty South, has always been kind of different. When I used to ride in groups we would just meet up at the Sonic on South Academy and head out. There were the early birds(usually left by 8am), then there would be a 10am(sometimes) crowd and a Noon crowd. Lot of times, we'd be getting back into town when the Noon group were leaving. We never would post up here for rides. Just show up and ride somewhere.

Anymore, I think Aaron is the one flying the flag for the South.

EDIT:
    found it
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...-Renaming-SoCo
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Mon Aug 21st, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by KennyFish View Post
    The south I feel like has been dead for years. Last time I was successful at setting up a ride to the royal gorge was 2014 and 2 guys showed
    It's odd because we had the opposite problem years ago when they site was booming; we'd post a ride and get way too many riders show up; even in south....well south Denver.....Khols off of Kipling used to get packed for rides through Deer Creek, Morrison, etc. Then there were times when Sasha (north) posted rides and we got to the gas station and there must have been close to 50+ bikes. In the end we had to do more private invite rides because of that....then suddenly the site died and so did the ride posts.

The south Denver was mainly handled by Devaclis (Dana) and his crew....rode with them a lot and they posted the most rides....hell even bought a 600RR from Devaclis. Devaclis got into it with a moderator here one day and he left and took his entire crew to facebook which was 80% of the south members. As far as I know that crew still exists outside of CSC and they still do parties together and ride. The other 20% was basically me, Hoopty, Bueller, BigJ, Chadwick, GXSRJim, and a few others. We continued to stay on the site, but most of them do not post anymore.......

If you are talking about the south as in Co Springs.......LoLo (Daniel Lopez) ruled that area for rides! I hung with his crew a few times and were good guys, but they went on to form the Rough Ryders chapter down in Springs and pretty much left CSC. For some reason some CSC members decided to mock the Rough Ryders so they basically disappeared from CSC; which is shame because if people gave them a chance they would have seen they were actually cool guys....even if some did look like thugs.

McGregor vs. Mayweather. My place.
    I'll buy the PPV. Admission will cost a pot-luck dish or a 12'er of beer.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

LoLo moved to GA, I believe... I see Bash now and then at HPR or at Deckers. I thought I saw that Clovis had a bad crash last year-ish? Not sure if he's replaced his bike. So many people have moved, had kids or stopped riding..

A lot of the Southie riders have sold their sportbikes and now have cruisers.

People on the CSC FB forum post rides, etc.

Barn - I may swing by for the fight It will depend if I go to PPIR or not
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Miss the old days of CSC...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Honestly I don't think it is anything anyone did or the site.....the fact is forums are dying all over as people prefer faster methods like Facebook and Twitter....times are changing...again! We had a thread on it a while back and searching around the net showed most forums are at a all time low for memberships.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    .....the fact is forums are dying all over as people prefer faster methods like Facebook and Twitter....
    Since I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, can you tell me how it would have been quicker to ask this question on either of those.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Since I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, can you tell me how it would have been quicker to ask this question on either of those.
    I'm not on either myself as I prefer forums, but basically Twitter is instant and more like a text message sent to your phone and replies come instantly back (sent to multiple people); no opening up a browser to get to a site. FB basically the same and you send out a question to all your friends at once instead of on a forum where you hope they sign on to see the question.

I'm sure people who use it more could explain better, but just saying from what I have read this is what is replacing forums. Pretty sure the CSC FB page gets more action there than here....again don't have a FB account as I like to be private.

I believe Facebook has about 1.74 billion members.....no forum could compare with that!

http://www.kalyr.com/weblog/computin...tter-vs-blogs/

I’ve previously blogged about the ways social networking sites all too frequently suck the life out of forums and blogging, and I think the challenge is finding a space for blogs and forums in a world where everyone has accounts in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. People are naturally lazy, and prefer a “one stop shop” approach expecting content to come to them rather than keep track of dozens of individual sites. It’s why so many businesses have abandoned their own web forums in favour of Facebook groups; that’s where their customers are.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Aug 23rd, 2017 at 10:17 AM.

Yeah, technology is a weird thing. My career depends on it 100%! However, if you text me, you're getting a phone call back. I refuse to text all day when a three-second phone call would have handled everything...

I'm not on either myself as I prefer forums, but basically Twitter is instant and more like a text message sent to your phone and replies come instantly back (sent to multiple people); no opening up a browser to get to a site. FB basically the same and you send out a question to all your friends at once instead of on a forum where you hope they sign on to see the question.

I'm sure people who use it more could explain better, but just saying from what I have read this is what is replacing forums. Pretty sure the CSC FB page gets more action there than here....again don't have a FB account as I like to be private.

I believe Facebook has about 1.74 billion members.....no forum could compare with that!

I’ve previously blogged about the ways social networking sites all too frequently suck the life out of forums and blogging, and I think the challenge is finding a space for blogs and forums in a world where everyone has accounts in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. People are naturally lazy, and prefer a “one stop shop” approach expecting content to come to them rather than keep track of dozens of individual sites. It’s why so many businesses have abandoned their own web forums in favour of Facebook groups; that’s where their customers are.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Follow me on Twitter.
    @itsbarn
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Yeah, technology is a weird thing. My career depends on it 100%! However, if you text me, you're getting a phone call back. I refuse to text all day when a three-second phone call would have handled everything...
    Funny I am same way and bugs people. My step sister lives in Japan and insist on texting when we get free "Magicjack" calls. Takes a hour to see how she is when it would take 2 minutes of conversation. I like texting for some things, but most times I miss just old fashion talks. Plus texting gets me in more trouble as "sarcasm" doesn't come across right on texts I even miss the old days where if I was not home I could not be found....now everyone blows up the cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Follow me on Twitter.
    @itsbarn
    I refuse....I will only follow you on forums!

Myself, I prefer the forum platform. I had Fakebook for a little while, but it's been over six years since I was on it. My favorite thing about Facebook was Zynga Poker. Other than that, it was really pointless in my view. Sure it helped me reconnect with some people from my past. The funny thing is though and I learned this. There is a reason for some people to be in your past. However, it seemed to cause my problems than it actually helped. So I got rid of it, and I've never done the Twitter thing. I can't be limited to just 140 characters

For me the forum allows the ability to give either a concise response or a long winded one. It allows for excellent back and forth between people debating a topic or just chit chatting about something in general.

I can tell you this, I've had some very serious and hard fought debates on this forum in the past. Everything from religion and politics, to guns and everything in between. I would even say, I developed a nemesis or two on this board when it came to debating heated topics. Vance, Snowman, Barn, Nick_Ninja, Tipys, and a few others all made the list of "Those who hate BK".... Even Townie and I battled back in the day.

I don't believe there is one person on this forum that I haven't at some point offended to a degree with my views. Call it a problem of my youth, now I'm much more reserved and don't offer my opinion on many things anymore. And to be honest, it's mainly cause I really don't care anymore, I'm a happy tyrant that wants to keep it low key. I hold my opinions to myself(but rest assured I still have them) however, I only really come out of hiding when the topic is the 2nd Amendment.

For the most part though, I enjoyed the debates and the back and forth. Many times it was just myself vs. everyone mentioned, so it was hard to keep up with all the responses. Usually I'd try and reply to everyone by may have missed a few.

Vance and I probably wrote the book on how to use up the character limit on a forum. Just so you know, unless it's changed on here, it's 10000

Funny I am same way and bugs people. My step sister lives in Japan and insist on texti
    ng when we get free "Magicjack" calls. Takes a hour to see how she is when it would take 2 minutes of conversation. I like texting for some things, but most times I miss just old fashion talks. Plus texting gets me in more trouble as "sarcasm" doesn't come across right on texts I even miss the old days where if I was not home I could not be found....now everyone blows up the cell phone.

I refuse....I will only follow you on forums!
    See I prefer a text when it's just something quick and fast. If someone needs to tell me something without it needing a phone call, that's when I like a text message. Even if it's a long text message, I don't mind it. Tell me everything you need to in the text and let it be that. If I feel the need to reply I will or I'll just call.

My favorite thing to do, is to talk face to face to someone. Because then, I can see their facial expressions when we conversate and really read into what they are thinking. Can't do that on the phone, can't see the proverbial eye roll, or the "you're full of crap" face someone might give while writing a text message.

Which I think does in a sense get lost on the forums as well. The good thing though, is it's basically old school letter correspondence just via a message forum. It allows for those parties involved to convey their point of view and leave it for all to see. It's a very good way of engaging many people into a topic that might just be between a few. Certainly some just jump in to give a small two cents, and others go all in.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

FB has private groups that provide fast, up to date info. I'm a member of a MTB trail riding group that has some 9,000 members. Want to know today's trail conditions? Someone has ridden it in the last 12 hours or less. Have a mechanical question? Someone has done what you're working, just post a pic. Want to sell a bike or motorcycle? There are big groups for both. I sold my DRZ next day via FB group Colorado Moto Buy/Sell/Trade. It's much more than keeping up with friends and HS classmates.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

When I first moved out here, Mental/Dallas/Bash were pretty active. Since then, the south has been dead, which mirrors the site as a whole. Really never got into FB groups.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Most of what I see the CSC gang seems to do in town rides
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ